• Network: Spike TV
  • Series Premiere Date: Jun 28, 2006
7.4

1. DavidM
    Aug 3, 2006
    I just love this show. especially the character marcus. He is just fantastic as the intelligent, scary, evil man. Also the conflict waiting to explode between Christa and Chase is exiting and tense. i don't really like the cop investigatin the ashers. he kind of takes away from the show for me. I think Sticky Jones is doing a real good job as Blade. You just have to forget Wesley I just love this show. especially the character marcus. He is just fantastic as the intelligent, scary, evil man. Also the conflict waiting to explode between Christa and Chase is exiting and tense. i don't really like the cop investigatin the ashers. he kind of takes away from the show for me. I think Sticky Jones is doing a real good job as Blade. You just have to forget Wesley Snipes' played him and not try to compare the two. the only thing that sucks is it's only on once a week Expand
  2. MistyF.
    Jun 30, 2007
    Bring it back we want to see how things end in the vampire world
    Jun 30, 2006
    it sucks.yeah,let's go with that.'nuff said.
  4. TrueMarvelFanCollector
    Jun 30, 2006
    You got it all wrong! You can't change Blade from Snipes to Jones! It's "character
  5. TheApocalypse
    Jun 30, 2006
    Yes it is cheesy, and yes the acting could be better, and yes the tedium of the backstory hampered the first episode, however, the last 35 minutes actually made a weekly series seem pretty interesting. Not great, but definitely worth a look from people who liked the flicks...
  6. leeannm
    Aug 30, 2006
    Great Show i can't stop watching it never missed an episode. It's got me hooked...
  7. donh
    Aug 9, 2006
    I can't for thursday to get here so I can see blade kick some blood sucking ass.
  8. JaredJ
    Oct 5, 2006
    Blade the series works because there is nothing else on tv that dares to show the vampiric struggle of good vs evil. The actors are sharp, the scripts make sense, The show involves you emotionally. Not everybody likes CSI.
  9. JesseF
    Good Series, better than I expected
  10. ChrisJ
    Jul 12, 2006
    Awesome show. Better than the lameass third movie.
  11. MarkC
    Jul 18, 2006
    I can't say I agree with some of the comments as I liked the show's storyline and supporting actors, particularly Jill Wagner, but I think Kirk Jones is terrible and stereotyped in his acting. Nevertheless, I didn't expect to, but I'm hooked on this show. (The first one I've ever watched on Spike)
  12. mary-janel
    Jul 26, 2006
    I LOVE this show i wish it could be on for 2 hours on wed. Or atleast twice a week.I think Blade and Krista should hook up also they would make such a good couple.
  13. JayC
    Jul 4, 2006
    Far better than expected. Jones has some big boots to fill (not just Snipes but Blade himself). He is not trying to be Snipes. He is trying to be Blade and has pulled it off.Tthe show started a little slow but built up to be a great episode and has left me yearning for my next bite.
  14. ChrisD
    Jul 6, 2006
    I like Kirk Jones as Blade... I like the story line alot... My problem is that the series isnt focused on Blade... They added Jill Wagner to it, which once again takes the focus off of Blade. The fight scenes are very bad and nothing like the movies. I understand that it isnt supposed to be like the movies, but even Wesley Snipes didnt get beat up as bad as Kirk Jones. To save this I like Kirk Jones as Blade... I like the story line alot... My problem is that the series isnt focused on Blade... They added Jill Wagner to it, which once again takes the focus off of Blade. The fight scenes are very bad and nothing like the movies. I understand that it isnt supposed to be like the movies, but even Wesley Snipes didnt get beat up as bad as Kirk Jones. To save this series, they need to focus more on Blade, make the fight scenes better and maybe even close to the way the fight scenes were done in the movies. They can make this a success even without Wesley Snipes, although I still believe that Wesley Snipes is the only Blade. Collapse
  15. Knunya
    Aug 6, 2006
    HORRIBLE!!! The only thing that can save this series is Wesley Snipes. Sticky Fingaz shoulda stayed with rap. He cant act and he cant fight. The reason they dont focus on 'Blade' in Blade: The Series, is because Sticky makes a bad Blade. I'll give him some cred, Ive seen him do guest spots on other things, and as long as hes playing a rapper/drug dealer in the interrogation HORRIBLE!!! The only thing that can save this series is Wesley Snipes. Sticky Fingaz shoulda stayed with rap. He cant act and he cant fight. The reason they dont focus on 'Blade' in Blade: The Series, is because Sticky makes a bad Blade. I'll give him some cred, Ive seen him do guest spots on other things, and as long as hes playing a rapper/drug dealer in the interrogation room of whichever cop show, hes cool. Thats more true to life for him. He doesnt need acting skills then. Expand
  16. CoreyB
    Sep 11, 2006
    this show has done what the third film failed to deliver, It has the story that finally bites back and gives you something to look forward to in a comic based tv program. yes at first a little slow but now full speed ahead and "sticky jones" is now Blade. The writing for this show is one in a million and has brought blade back
  17. AshleyP
    Sep 10, 2006
    I love this SHOW! It's got action, suspense, lust, betrayal, I absolutely love it all! It gives a better insight on the lives of vampires and how they work, something you didn't get from the Blade movies. I love it and it's great, I hope it comes from back for a another season, I don't care what anyone else says
  18. ScottyB.
    Sep 13, 2006
    This is the worst piece of sh@t that i have ever seen. Why in the world did they put sticky fingaz in this? He is so stiff, and his acting is like something from some B rate teen slasher flick from the seventies. The guy who played spawn would have been a better choice, I guess they could'nt afford him, and went with what they had. They need to scrap the whole series, get rid of This is the worst piece of sh@t that i have ever seen. Why in the world did they put sticky fingaz in this? He is so stiff, and his acting is like something from some B rate teen slasher flick from the seventies. The guy who played spawn would have been a better choice, I guess they could'nt afford him, and went with what they had. They need to scrap the whole series, get rid of sticky, and start from scratch, and please find someone who can play Blade and do this series justice! Expand
  19. DugESmooth
    Feb 5, 2007
    I loved it!!!
  22. Deborahc
    Jun 30, 2007
    Blade the series can be an great program, however too much girl on girl interest. The actors are likable and I think people will continue to watch. When will it re-air?
  23. LucJ
    Dec 20, 2006
    Best Vampire show
  24. DonavonR
    Jun 28, 2006
    trite writing, obligatory plot devices, wooden acting, cliched characters and fight choreography that was clumsy. david goyer (and geoff johns) has produced a truly boring television show.
  25. MarcusS
    Jun 30, 2006
    Man who wrote this? The Blade I know dont get hit by normal vamps and would not have teamed up with the white girl. Heck I think he would have killed her. And Jones need to watch the movie because he makes a lame attempt of acting like the movie blade.
  26. PandaK
    Jul 1, 2006
    Sticky is my new fantasy; this adds dimension. Blade is SHARP and SWEET
  27. KateZ
    Jul 16, 2006
    Terribly boring with no plot line growing whatsoever. Too much gore and grunts from the main character.
  28. savannaha
    Jul 19, 2006
    i love it cause my beautiful friend Jill is it, it's totally fun and gory if you like video games and action stuff then you'll really love this show........
  29. MichaelG
    Jul 19, 2006
    blade is the kind of spinoff that has potential in spades, but it remains to be seen how far they can take the momentum lost after blade 1/2/trinity. i liked the potential, but a lot of the elements of the pilot were very amateurish, i.e. vampire ash addicts and the utter lack of social impact. like the rash of shows with special abilities, ie. 4400, dead zone, ghost whisperer, medium, blade is the kind of spinoff that has potential in spades, but it remains to be seen how far they can take the momentum lost after blade 1/2/trinity. i liked the potential, but a lot of the elements of the pilot were very amateurish, i.e. vampire ash addicts and the utter lack of social impact. like the rash of shows with special abilities, ie. 4400, dead zone, ghost whisperer, medium, house, smallville, angel, buffy, blade will have to find some kind of calling outside of the typical vamp genre which has been rather well plumbed by the ten or so years of angel/buffy storylines. Expand
  30. RH
    Jul 2, 2006
    Doesn't live up to the first movie, which was one of the worst things ever produced in Hollywood (although perhaps the sequels could give it a run for its money?). If your favorite things are beer, tits and video games (not necessarily in that order), you'll love this mess.
  31. WilliamW
    Jul 20, 2006
    This is a great show, I want to see a mecury commercial during it.
  32. JoshH
    Jul 26, 2006
    I watch Blade every wensday
  33. RyanN
    Jul 30, 2006
    Love the show!
  34. JamesK
    Aug 13, 2006
    Great show and getting better each episode
  35. andyb
    Aug 23, 2006
    yep suprised i was expecting a load of bull---- but i love it.Each week it gets better and the story is giving me my weekly fix of all things bad ass.
  36. BladeFan
    Aug 6, 2006
    As just a vampire show, its okay. But its not really Blade.
  37. John
    Sep 13, 2006
    Great show!!! Great writing!!! It follows the films perfectly. They dio great with what they have, small budget and creating the origin story. Origin stories are tough to do, but David Goyer has delivered just like he did in the films.
  38. kadayip
    Sep 15, 2006
    The show was a bit hackneyed at first, but it has improved with each episode and carved a little niche in my viewing habits. If you can see past the flaws it's an engaging ride.
  39. DanO
    Sep 2, 2006
    This is a great show. It has allowed both the character of Blade as well as the story to develop and has gone place where the movies haven't. Kirk Jones really embraced the character of Blade, and is not living in Wesley's shadow. From what I understood, the show was doing well, and it had decent ratings. Am I wrong? Is the show in danger of cancellation? Well, If Spike TV does This is a great show. It has allowed both the character of Blade as well as the story to develop and has gone place where the movies haven't. Kirk Jones really embraced the character of Blade, and is not living in Wesley's shadow. From what I understood, the show was doing well, and it had decent ratings. Am I wrong? Is the show in danger of cancellation? Well, If Spike TV does decide to cancel Blade, I promise to boycott thier network for the rest of my life!!!!!!!!! Expand
  40. MikeC.
    Sep 2, 2006
    What they really need to do is get rid of this annoying "Blade'" character and focus on the much more sympathetic and interesting vampire characters.
  41. ChrisL
    Sep 9, 2006
    This show is completley retarded, and that main character is over acting asshole who think's he's a gift from god. Talk normally you not talent ass pirate.
  42. JessicaB
    Oct 19, 2007
    I love it!! It is sooo much fun to watch. Even if I have to go behind my moms back and watch. I still love it. PLEASE BRING IT BACK!!!!
  43. DarrenP.
    Jan 5, 2008
    I thought blade was one of the best series on television. I watched it every chance I got. The series ended with a huge cliffhanger, I truly hope that it will be brought back so that all of the fans can tune in and see what happens. please bring blade back.
  44. WilliamK.
    Feb 8, 2008
    The story focuses more on the under foot characters, but the action remains the same white-knuckle fighting style, the weapons are cool, and plot plot is original. Both Wagner and Gower are to die for, but Jones tries too hard to make the character of Blade work. Oh well, at least it was better than Blade Trinity! Recommended!
  45. ScottA
    Nov 19, 2006
    Loved it
  46. CoreyR
    Nov 21, 2006
    I give this a 10 for many reason 1- The writing, story line is more then anyone could hope for. 2- Sticky Figaz at first very hard to swallow but as the series progressed I would choose no other. 3- The special effects for TV were really up to the challenge.4- It left me waiting for the next episode. Things I would change a little Blade needs to be more of a Power house, like in the Seaon I give this a 10 for many reason 1- The writing, story line is more then anyone could hope for. 2- Sticky Figaz at first very hard to swallow but as the series progressed I would choose no other. 3- The special effects for TV were really up to the challenge.4- It left me waiting for the next episode. Things I would change a little Blade needs to be more of a Power house, like in the Seaon Finales final fight scene, I thought it was just incredible. I hopei it returns another season. I do agree with some of the negatives I have read in other comments, but I do beleive this will change with another season. Thanks for taking the time to read through my comments. Expand
  47. JR
    Jun 29, 2006
    very good for a movie turned tv series
  48. SuleimanM
    Jun 29, 2006
    Hahahaha, horrible, acting, crap, effects, trash, all of this together adds to a very dull show. Especially this crap as line, " i worked for your brother, he was a good man. Wow, pretty bad. All in all, horrible show.
  49. CherylS
    Jul 21, 2006
    I think the key thing here is this show has potential. Yes, the fight scenes need a little work, but the story line is progressing nicely. I am a bit concerned about the police involvement...I don't believe that angle is really needed. We have Blade and the various Vampire houses, experiments, and revenge to follow. As a side note, I think the Marcus character is played very I think the key thing here is this show has potential. Yes, the fight scenes need a little work, but the story line is progressing nicely. I am a bit concerned about the police involvement...I don't believe that angle is really needed. We have Blade and the various Vampire houses, experiments, and revenge to follow. As a side note, I think the Marcus character is played very well...he is scary. Expand
  50. MichelleK
    Aug 13, 2006
    love it
  51. ChrisC
    Aug 24, 2006
    You would think they would cast someone with at least minimal martial arts skills as Blade. Also, as I recall, the Blade in the movies whupped a$$. This one barely makes it in every fight. Boring...
  52. kevins
    Aug 27, 2006
    It's not the best show on TV but I look forward to it evey week!
  53. HowardB
    Sep 13, 2006
    I think the show has alot of potential and deserves a second season. I think the major strength of this show is that they have a chance to really explain the history of each character, and the history of the 12 houses. With each house there could be a potential season made from that alone. Kirk is doing a great job. He is new to this role and I know in time he will really grow into his I think the show has alot of potential and deserves a second season. I think the major strength of this show is that they have a chance to really explain the history of each character, and the history of the 12 houses. With each house there could be a potential season made from that alone. Kirk is doing a great job. He is new to this role and I know in time he will really grow into his character. All the other cast members are great too. On another note for all the hard core people out there, I realize that your opinion of the show is very important and in many ways you can make or break a show based on viewership. But you have to remember this is a offshoot of a successful movie trilogy, so of course the special effect will be toned down, the actors will be different. They cannot afford the original actors and special effects for this show due to limited budgeting that haunts most Scifi tv programs. If your looking for acurracy then I suggest you buy the dvdies of the Blade movie trilogy. However, if you want to move on with something new and interesting then I recomend that you give this program a fair shake and request that it be brought back for a second season. Expand
  54. RobA
    Sep 16, 2006
    When it first started, I had my doubts, but Blade pulls it off! What great suspense, action and acting. Can't wait for the 2nd season to begin!
  55. RickD
    Sep 18, 2006
    The first 2 episodes were stiff... after that I was hooked. The latest episodes have been exciting, suspenseful, and bloody. Even the effects (bar the building jumping) have gotten better somehow. You would think they would have put some of the better effects in the first episodes to bring in the viewers, but now it's given me something more to look forward to, as they progress to The first 2 episodes were stiff... after that I was hooked. The latest episodes have been exciting, suspenseful, and bloody. Even the effects (bar the building jumping) have gotten better somehow. You would think they would have put some of the better effects in the first episodes to bring in the viewers, but now it's given me something more to look forward to, as they progress to literally ripping jaws off the bad guys. Sticky is Stinky... sorry, but he is too stiff. It's not his fault. He's trying to be someone else's character, and he can't act, but the rest of the cast is awesome all the way down to that spooky little girl vamp. I can look past Kirk Jones because the rest of the cast can hold the show afloat, and carry him as well. Also, though it isn't in high-def, it still looks great in wide screen mode on my 42. Rick Expand
  56. LMH
    Sep 21, 2006
    Total crap, you thought that by 2006 you'll see better tv episodes than xena, hercules, star trek etc and end up with some POS acting average FX and the worst of all the actor who plays blade trashes all the awesome work snipes did as blade in the movies. this is just crap, redo/ add snipes/ bigger FX budget and best series ever for sure.
  57. TyroneH
    Feb 19, 2007
    When is the show coming back on hurry up me and my wife are waiting......
  58. ShannonC
    Apr 26, 2007
    Bring it back, we loved it@

Certainly a superhero needs to have gravitas, but Jones takes it too far -- further than Wesley Snipes in the "Blade" movies.
    "Blade" could work as an earnest fantasy. It just doesn't, yet.
    A tediously bloody bore.