Bleep My Dad Says : Season 1

• Series Premiere Date: Sep 23, 2010
Season #: 1, 2
4.4

1. Oct 22, 2010
    Other people have been overly harsh on this sitcom. While it may try to be old-schooled, William Shatner still manages to play a like-able character, as well as good acting and humor from the rest of the cast. Its not like it compares to Everybody Loves Raymond or Seinfeld, but I was impressed.
  2. Jan 12, 2011
    I think the critics were a little harsh on the pilot. I think it gets better as the episodes go by, and we get attach to the characters. I love William shatner in this part and generally its funny. Anyway, the ratings will help keeping this show on air :)
  3. Sep 25, 2010
    This is a great pilot! The only two things that I don't like are the Vince character and his wife. I just feel like they don't mesh well with the overall show. The rest is just great! The show delivers simple but great humor. I don't get why most people hate it so much. I just can't see what's awful about it. But I have to admit I'm slightly bias here because I've been a huge Shatner fanThis is a great pilot! The only two things that I don't like are the Vince character and his wife. I just feel like they don't mesh well with the overall show. The rest is just great! The show delivers simple but great humor. I don't get why most people hate it so much. I just can't see what's awful about it. But I have to admit I'm slightly bias here because I've been a huge Shatner fan for the past 12 years. Expand
  4. Sep 27, 2010
    Ok, Maybe, this is not the best comedy around. Maybe Bill Shatner is not at its Denny Crane best. Still made me laugh, I really enjoyed watching the pilot. I think this show definitely deserves a chance to grow.
  5. Sep 23, 2010
    Hey, it made us laugh unlike a lot of sit-comedies and that is our only criteria for a new show so we'll watch again! C'mon critics, give the Shat a fair shake here!
  6. Sep 24, 2010
    I have to agree with bechance77. This sitcom actually made me laugh, and William Shatner as the disgruntled dad is just perfect. While I have to admit that the writing is still a little rough around the edges, the gags were plentiful. Just what I expected from the producers of Will & Grace. I definitely tune in again and see where this show is going.
  7. Oct 15, 2010
    I Liked Bleep my Dad says. First of all its from the creators of Will & Grace so I know as it grows it will only get better & better. The cast has had me laughing for years & I would tune in to anything they were involved in @ this point. William Shatner is very likable in this as well.
  8. Sep 25, 2010
    I was waiting for the worst show ever-- something along the lines of Cougartown-- when I read the critics, and boy was I surprised. Was it the best pilot ever? Of course not, but man, there were some sharp jokes and they also weren't afraid to go for sentimentality. The laughs, apparently, were from an actual audience, not added in. Shows like Modern Family will always look better orI was waiting for the worst show ever-- something along the lines of Cougartown-- when I read the critics, and boy was I surprised. Was it the best pilot ever? Of course not, but man, there were some sharp jokes and they also weren't afraid to go for sentimentality. The laughs, apparently, were from an actual audience, not added in. Shows like Modern Family will always look better or "smarter" because they are shot and lit like a movie, and are put together in editing. SMDS is by far the funniest of the new crop of sitcoms, and for my money, I don't know of a multicam that comes close to being as funny. Can't wait to see where the show goes. I'm on board! Expand
  9. Sep 29, 2010
    Might be a little biased since I love twitter feed and the book, but I love this show! I can't wait to see where they take the sitcom...I do not follow very many shows on a regular basis, but I have a feeling I know where I will be at 8:30 every Thursday night.
  10. Jan 21, 2011
    I can't believe the criticism that this show is getting - quite the 'roast'. I really like the show and I love this old guy (Shat), for an actor at 79 years of age - Wow!
    If I were in the mood to criticize any program, I would comment on how lame 'No Ordinary Family' is....Arghh!
  11. Feb 24, 2011
    I love this show. Please don't cancel it, CBS. I love this show. Please don't cancel it, CBS. I love this show. Please don't cancel it, CBS. I love this show. Please don't cancel it, CBS. I love this show. Please don't cancel it, CBS. I love this show. Please don't cancel it, CBS.

1. $#*! My Dad Says feels hopelessly old school. It relies on a stock sitcom character--the crabby dad--that we've seen over and over. It mainly anchors itself to a claustrophobic sitcom-y living room, and it relies too heavily on a tired, rat-a-tat setup/punchline delivery.
  2. Reviewed by: Brian Lowry
    William Shatner makes the pilot barely watchable, but only because the fleeting moments of heart overshadow the mostly limp one-liners. In a business obsessed with younger demos, the septuagenarian Shatner is an unlikely sitcom star, but he provides the lone spark in this otherwise-formulaic comedy.
    $#*! My Dad Says is a dismal show, harboring the worst qualities of every lame, four-camera, laugh-tracked sitcom on television. The jokes are painful, the acting is hammy, the characters are flat, and it simply isn't funny. Ever.