• Network: FOX
  • Series Premiere Date: Jan 9, 2011
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
6.2

1. Mar 1, 2011
    The first thing i noticed about this show was the poor animation, although intentionaly it really doesn't do any favours for the show as a whole. The humour, however, can be hilarious and has some great writing evoking much laughter. Sometimes the characters can be frustrating, but overall the show is far more good than bad and is worth a watch.
  2. Mar 23, 2011
    I can take or leave The Simpsons now a days for the most part.

Love me some American Dad.....Family Guy has been getting better, away from non stop pop culture refrences. I have a soft spot for Cleveland Show I liked Home Movies so I like this quirky show, really hard for this to be reviewed against the other shows...a lot of the jokes fall flat but atleast its something different with
    I can take or leave The Simpsons now a days for the most part.

I liked Home Movies so I like this quirky show, really hard for this to be reviewed against the other shows...a lot of the jokes fall flat but atleast its something different with one of my favorite voice actors
  3. May 29, 2012
    A Very Strange Animated Show..
    I Am Very Impressed From The Style Of Writing And Voice Acting!
    Bob's Burgers Seems Ignored From The Public Eye Which Is Sad..
    The Best New Show Of 2011!
  4. Jan 20, 2011
    I felt the show was mildly entertaining. The voice acting is good, and the writing is funny, even if the stories and the animation are unoriginal. I would recommend.
  5. Mar 5, 2011
    Bob's Burgers is a breath of fresh air in the genre of animated sitcoms about families. The character archetypes it uses aren't all that original at first glance, but that's really only because it's an oddball family with a dad, a mom, and three kids, which seems to be the norm for this kind of show. The only thing their missing is a pet dog. But the characters have more wit and charm thanBob's Burgers is a breath of fresh air in the genre of animated sitcoms about families. The character archetypes it uses aren't all that original at first glance, but that's really only because it's an oddball family with a dad, a mom, and three kids, which seems to be the norm for this kind of show. The only thing their missing is a pet dog. But the characters have more wit and charm than the usual cartoon family unit. Louise, the youngest child and only main female character to be voiced by a female voice actor, is perhaps my favorite so far. She's voiced by Daily Show correspondent Kristen Schaal, and her character always seeks out new ways to make things more interesting around her, which often means suggesting things that are quite counterproductive or just fanning the flames of chaos, like shouting along with the angry mob gathered outside the titular restaurant. One of her ideas of fun is changing the name of the Burger of the Day from one bad family-friendly pun to another more provocative one, ie. "Never Been Feta" to "The Foot Feta-ish." Her brother Gene, played by Eugene Mirman, is similarly enthusiastic, interested in chaos, and never seems to have a frown on his face, and he is usually always carrying a device that plays music or makes sound effects, which he seems childishly fascinated by. A complete counterpoint to the two younger spunky children is Tina, played by Dan Mintz. She speaks in hushed tones and is socially inept, but she provides the show with its dosage of adolescent topics. She is also just plain weird, and I'm sure the writers are having a fun time coming up with things that sound funny coming from Dan Mintz's voice (which doesn't try to force sounding like a girl, you know, like men in drag in movies from the 60s or earlier. just very very natural). Their mother Linda, played by John Roberts (who is also very natural with the pitch of his female character's voice), is endearingly loving and optimistic if somewhat dim-witted, like an Edith Bunker (she even has strong New York accent and some quirky vocal affectations.) Bob, played masterfully as always by H. Jon Benjamin, plays the straight man to the rest of the cast's eccentric personalities. The show has so far been of a high caliber of humor. Or at least a very high quantity.

A lot of the negative reviews of the first episode were centered on how needlessly vulgar it is. That's not really the goal of Bob's Burgers, as is clear. The critics pointed to one of the first gags, when oldest sibling Tina intones that her crotch itches, as an example of how crude and unoriginal this show is. But that gag made me guffaw, not because I was imaging an itchy crotch, but because of the ensemble cast's reaction to her remark. They discuss it for about a minute, and Bob suggests Tina should keep that between her and her mother. So Tina asks her mom, and Linda asks to see it. Bob is horrified, but the kids and mother gather around, and you get a crotch's eye view of everyone's smiling faces looking down, and as Bob asks to please not do that, Louise humorously replies with a child-like tone of intrigue "No, let's all look at it."

Shows like Family Guy, South Park, and everything on Adult Swim have broken down a lot of walls of what's considered "edgy" and "vulgar" so that now an itchy crotch is a rather tame and unassuming gag and doesn't require a laugh just because it's a bad mental image. But Bob's Burgers is not intending to make you laugh for its obscene dialogue -- which isn't very obscene; it wants to make you laugh at its absurd yet relatable conversations and get invested in its irresistible characters. Family Guy can keep its racist jokes. Bob's Burgers is clever and thoughtful, and it'd be a shame if this show went off the air.
  6. Jan 23, 2011
    Its funny how all the negative reviews on this show are from people that think family guy is funny. Family Guy , after its original run, has been one of the worst shows on television but gets off by making a bunch of 14 year olds laugh at gay and fart jokes. Bob's Burger's was absolutely hilarious, its strongest point being the voice actors. I can see why Family Guy fans hate the show soIts funny how all the negative reviews on this show are from people that think family guy is funny. Family Guy , after its original run, has been one of the worst shows on television but gets off by making a bunch of 14 year olds laugh at gay and fart jokes. Bob's Burger's was absolutely hilarious, its strongest point being the voice actors. I can see why Family Guy fans hate the show so much though, because no ones getting hit in the face or falling down stairs and you actually have to have some intelligence to understand the jokes, its not just some fat guy rattling off obnoxious dribble and slapstick humor. And don't think I'm just a Family Guy hater, the show was hilarious and one of my favorites during its original run. Then Seth Mcfarlane stopped actually writing for the show to work on American Dad(good) and The Cleveland Show(absolute garbage) and it went completely downhill. Bob's Burger's is Fox's funniest show since Futurama, let's just hope it doesn't end up with the same fate. On the other hand...it could probably be even better if Comedy Central picked it up. Expand
  7. Jan 31, 2011
    In short, Bob's Burgers harkens back to perhaps the original Simpsons, when it was a show about a family coping and working together despite their own differences to get through the day, rather than relying on guest stars, pop culture, and retro "I remember that!" references to make a show. Is it on the right network for this though? Definitely not. For starters I was a huge fan of HomeIn short, Bob's Burgers harkens back to perhaps the original Simpsons, when it was a show about a family coping and working together despite their own differences to get through the day, rather than relying on guest stars, pop culture, and retro "I remember that!" references to make a show. Is it on the right network for this though? Definitely not. For starters I was a huge fan of Home Movies, and when I first heard part of the Home Movies crowd was making a show for Fox, there were two things that went through my head: A: This will completely suck because they'll have to stoop down to the Family Guy level and make it rife with pop culture references and potty jokes, or B: It'll be good and get cancelled after a season (if they're lucky to last that long).

The show is very much of a fusion of Home Movies (whose humor focused more on the awkwardness of everyday life) mixed with the crassness seen on many of the other Fox shows (which seems to be the shows main draw), but nixes the cheap shots of involving current events, stars, and 80s retro memories to instead come up with its own material to make a show.

Bob is a refreshing animated father figure who doesn't suffer from HomerSimpsonitis, where he's the family idiot, much like Peter from Family Guy, but instead is fully functioning family member who is trying to make ends meet while raising his family with his wife (who isn't a Marge or Lois), but rather another human with foibles who is very much Bob's partner.

The children are demented and almost the sole source of the shows vulgarity. Louise enjoys messing with people, Gene is a boy infatuated with potty humour, and Tina is the awkward teen who is perhaps a bit slow. Being forced to help out with the family restaurant, the three siblings make the best of turning work into play, much to hilarious results.
  8. Mar 28, 2011
    Anyone who doesn't think this show is hilarious is NUTS!!! It's as funny (if not funnier) than The Simpson's was during the 90's. The humor mixes the perfect amount of intelligence with the perfect amount of slapstick. I thought I would be put off by the crude drawing, but after watching a few episodes I find myself hoping that they don't change the artistic style if they make it pastAnyone who doesn't think this show is hilarious is NUTS!!! It's as funny (if not funnier) than The Simpson's was during the 90's. The humor mixes the perfect amount of intelligence with the perfect amount of slapstick. I thought I would be put off by the crude drawing, but after watching a few episodes I find myself hoping that they don't change the artistic style if they make it past the first season. I'm really disappointed to see it only has a 53 as it's rating on here. I think it's by far the best of the shows airing on Fox's Sunday night line-up right now. Expand
  9. Jan 24, 2011
    First off, i don't get how someone can 'review' a series by watching a pilot episode for a show just one time and then totally write it off. Ive seen 3 episodes now, watched each one a couple times, and this show has improved with each passing episode. I miss King of the Hill a lot, and at times this show reminds me of the Hill family. I'm definitely going to continue watching this show, IFirst off, i don't get how someone can 'review' a series by watching a pilot episode for a show just one time and then totally write it off. Ive seen 3 episodes now, watched each one a couple times, and this show has improved with each passing episode. I miss King of the Hill a lot, and at times this show reminds me of the Hill family. I'm definitely going to continue watching this show, I hope it lasts an entire season... (hate to say it, but this show is funnier than any other of the Sunday night animated shows that are on now. Always loved the simpsons, but its getting harder to want to tune in now. The others I could live without.) Expand
  10. May 16, 2011
    I'm very surprised by the low rating of this show. I personally can't see any similarities to Family Guy/Simpsons/South Park other than that it's animated. This show is overflowing with subtle hilarity. If you and your friends/family like repeating jokes in normal day-to-day situations, this show is a goldmine. Watching the original episode, I thought it was decent but that a lot ofI'm very surprised by the low rating of this show. I personally can't see any similarities to Family Guy/Simpsons/South Park other than that it's animated. This show is overflowing with subtle hilarity. If you and your friends/family like repeating jokes in normal day-to-day situations, this show is a goldmine. Watching the original episode, I thought it was decent but that a lot of the characters would struggle pulling their weight. As the episodes have progressed, so have the characters' ability to provide humor. Not every episode has been great, and like most, the first is probably the worst. If you are the type to easily be offended, well, comedy in general probably isn't for you so I'm not sure why you would try this show in the first place. This show points out the humor in day to day life, but will probably ultimately suffer the fate of AD - but I'll enjoy the ride until then. Expand
  11. Jan 10, 2011
    I love this sort of humor. But I can understand it's not for everyone. But like the Office, I think it might take a few episodes to get to know the characters. Louise & Gene we're the funniest in my opinion.
  12. Jan 10, 2011
    Completely original and hilarious. The Characters are fully developed and this show is way better than family guy which has been horrible for the past seasons.
  13. Feb 25, 2011
    Main thing to keep in mind: It really just started. Did you fall in love with what is now your favorite show the first time you saw it. Every show needs character development and for the show itself to be comfortable in it's own skin. Go back and watch the first couple episodes of The Office or even The Simpsons; they're painful! That being said, this show will never last. It's too nice.Main thing to keep in mind: It really just started. Did you fall in love with what is now your favorite show the first time you saw it. Every show needs character development and for the show itself to be comfortable in it's own skin. Go back and watch the first couple episodes of The Office or even The Simpsons; they're painful! That being said, this show will never last. It's too nice. It was billed as something new for Family Guy fans. Five minutes in, you can tell they're looking at two completely different audiences. It's not edgy. It's not loud. It doesn't push any envelopes. Straight forward stories about even kinda functional families don't make it anymore. Don't get me wrong, I love smart edgy stuff, but sometimes it's nice to feel good after watching a show.

The character's are odd, but after an episode or two, they really start to grow on you. The female voices (mostly male actors) are retched, but that's part of the gag. The comedy is very dry and very Dr. Katz-like (I think some of the same people worked on this).
  14. Mar 12, 2011
    This show is definitely funny. I love the characters especially the crazy kids! The show is silly but that's what makes it so great. I really hope it sticks around and we get to see more. Check this show out, it really is funny. The show is so original and I love the characters voices.
  15. Mar 22, 2011
    When I first saw the commercials for the show I asked my roommates "How many weeks before it gets canceled?". After actually watching the show I fully take back that statement! The writing is good and the voice acting is great! I will admit it's probably not the best show on TV, but it really fits my tastes, and I KNOW there are definitely worse shows on the air *cough* The Cleveland Show *cough*
  16. Jun 18, 2011
    This and The Simpsons are my two favorite shows on Fox! I love it!! Very good humor and animation. I am highly looking forward to the second season! :D
  17. Aug 12, 2011
    This show is amazing! The characters are interesting and well written and the voice acting is very good! The show keeps a good balance between "low brow" and "high brow" humor. The animation style fits the tone of the show.
  18. Mar 17, 2012
    From the episodes I have seen, it has some funny moments.
  19. May 12, 2012
    I LOVE BOB's BURGERS!

Louise is awesome, the characters voices are excellent and I'm actually laughing out loud at this show and it's plot lines. I am really enjoying the family a lot. It is nice to see a comedy that can be entertaining without constantly making one off jokes. Chickenleg! pure gold Bob's Burgers! (screaming from the bleachers) pure gold I'm furious! (after the hamburger
    I LOVE BOB's BURGERS!

Chickenleg! pure gold
    Bob's Burgers! (screaming from the bleachers) pure gold
    I'm furious! (after the hamburger video game is sent away) pure gold

I love this show. Please keep it coming. I can't wait to see what other kind of trouble Bob has to deal with because of his family. ha ha ha! Great show!
  20. Feb 9, 2012
    An excellent show with strong characters. Let's hope that FOX keeps this one around for a while (though perhaps not as long as the limping Simpsons). It's great to see a 2nd season coming soon.
  21. Mar 7, 2012
    Fox has taken a gamble with this show, but not because it isn't funny - it's hilarious, in the thoughtful understated way many good comedies find their fanbase. I think the gamble is that the fanbase that appreciates this humor might not be devoted to network television, and will probably watch this via other means, and it won't get the view rating needed to survive . Which is why I amFox has taken a gamble with this show, but not because it isn't funny - it's hilarious, in the thoughtful understated way many good comedies find their fanbase. I think the gamble is that the fanbase that appreciates this humor might not be devoted to network television, and will probably watch this via other means, and it won't get the view rating needed to survive . Which is why I am writing this. I rarely watch TV, but this is worth watching! It's quirky, and bizarre, but there is so much more thought put into the dialogue, compared to Family Guy, or any of it's dreadful spinoffs. The first couple episodes where more in that vulgar vein, but the latter half of the first season really shines, and the voice casting is superb, particularly Kristen Schaal. Watch a couple episodes (from the last half of the season) and if you have any good sense, you will like it! Expand
  22. May 1, 2012
    Ahh Bob's Burger....brilliant show! Look forward to each and every episode. Very witty, the voices are perfect. Completely original! Have every episode and rewatch constantly
  23. Apr 11, 2011
    The show is probably one of the best cartoon's on. At first it seem like your now typical cartoon American family like The Simpsons and Family Guy but its not. The family members are all hilarious and the writing is brilliant.
  24. Oct 5, 2013
    In a time where animated sitcoms are a dime a dozen "Bob's Burgers" proves to be unique, original, and most importantly hilarious. The shows sense of humor is bizarre and creative, featuring one of the weirdest and most charming animated families ever. As season 1 progresses the humor gets crazier managing to be one of the few forms of entertainment to effectively gross-out humor. IfIn a time where animated sitcoms are a dime a dozen "Bob's Burgers" proves to be unique, original, and most importantly hilarious. The shows sense of humor is bizarre and creative, featuring one of the weirdest and most charming animated families ever. As season 1 progresses the humor gets crazier managing to be one of the few forms of entertainment to effectively gross-out humor. If you're looking for laughs then this is a show I highly recommend. Expand
  25. Mar 1, 2011
    The show isn't original, it isn't, it is a copy of Family Guy pasted on American Dad in a burger joint. That doesn't mean i don't enjoy watching this, im gad its on because i want more family guy jokes and thats why i love this place
  26. Jul 5, 2012
    Awesome show. Very funny without having drug, violence, or sex references (most of the time.) The characters are awesome. New and fresh show, something different IMO. I love it and hope it doesn't get canceled.
  27. Nov 25, 2012
    This show had a rough start, especially in reviews & ratings, but this is one of those shows that gets much better as it progresses. Bob's Burgers features some bizarre, but great characters as well as some random but well pulled off episode plots. The humor in this show is clear to be seen, and fits into the animated Fox lineup perfectly. This show has actually become quite a gem & evenThis show had a rough start, especially in reviews & ratings, but this is one of those shows that gets much better as it progresses. Bob's Burgers features some bizarre, but great characters as well as some random but well pulled off episode plots. The humor in this show is clear to be seen, and fits into the animated Fox lineup perfectly. This show has actually become quite a gem & even has episodes that are even better than some episodes of Family Guy. If you haven't already or you thought it was kinda tasteless at first, I'd highly recommend giving it another shot. Expand
  28. May 13, 2012
    Serve me up a burger, from Bob. Bob's Burgers is a underrated show in my opion. The main characters are all funny in there own way (except for Bos's wife, I find her annoying most of the time). From video games to food critics, I never saw an eposide of Bob's Burgers that, at the very least, I din't find some what entertaining. For people who are getting board of Family Guy, and TheServe me up a burger, from Bob. Bob's Burgers is a underrated show in my opion. The main characters are all funny in there own way (except for Bos's wife, I find her annoying most of the time). From video games to food critics, I never saw an eposide of Bob's Burgers that, at the very least, I din't find some what entertaining. For people who are getting board of Family Guy, and The Simpsons, you should give this show a try. Expand
  29. Dec 2, 2012
    One of the sparkling gems of Fox's Sunday night line up, Bob's Burgers needs only it's characters to have you in stitches. I strongly recommend it...
  30. Jan 1, 2013
    It's funny but not perfect. The way the dad matter-of-factly says some of his lines in response to his childrens' often downright retarded requests are hilarious. The first 10 minutes of the first episode are the funniest thing I've ever seen. The other episodes range from mediocre to funny, but that first episode is what made this rating a 7/10.
  31. Jan 7, 2013
    Bob's Burgers is definitely a show that had to suffer the gauntlet of mixed initial reviews, which appears to carry itself even today on this site. Now I (and I suspect many others) wonder how I got along without it, and with a 4th season confirmed at the time of writing, it seems Fox sees it the same way. As an initially tepid public opinion has switched to an embrace, I think it is timeBob's Burgers is definitely a show that had to suffer the gauntlet of mixed initial reviews, which appears to carry itself even today on this site. Now I (and I suspect many others) wonder how I got along without it, and with a 4th season confirmed at the time of writing, it seems Fox sees it the same way. As an initially tepid public opinion has switched to an embrace, I think it is time to call Bob's Burgers for what it is: a genuine, laugh-out-loud funny show. It manages to bring something surprisingly fresh to a cartoon family dynamic which had appeared to be running out of steam. How they have succeeded in this, I feel, is in developing a unique and interesting cast that manages to bring a natural dialogue no matter who they are partnered with. Unlike so many cartoons nowadays, Bob's Burgers rarely doles out the pop-culture critique; any few gags it makes tend to fall flat and it rarely captures the 'shout at your television' living-room savagery we've come to expect when TV-Land holds the mirror to itself. However, the show absolutely shines in its heavily character-driven dialogue, which seems to be complemented by its loose, semi-improvisational format that has years of combined practice across the voice actors and succeeds to provide an organic level of humour that never once breaks character. To me, it captures the essence that golden-era Simpsons gave to us; to be adult without being frat-boy, and culturing a special and unique individuality and dynamic between each and every character whom we invest time with for 20 minutes every week. Expand
  32. Feb 25, 2014
    Bob's Burgers is a spectacle, But the show struggled in it's first episode. I wasn't a fan of the pilot at all. The humor was disgusting. What were the writers thinking, that this would be funny. I saw the demo for the pilot episode that had a joke that was just so awful. Thank god the joke was taken out. Good thing the first episode wasn't the first episode I've seen of the show. TheBob's Burgers is a spectacle, But the show struggled in it's first episode. I wasn't a fan of the pilot at all. The humor was disgusting. What were the writers thinking, that this would be funny. I saw the demo for the pilot episode that had a joke that was just so awful. Thank god the joke was taken out. Good thing the first episode wasn't the first episode I've seen of the show. The first was "Crawl Space." I didn't find the show too funny or interesting. A couple of years later and I watch "Bob Day Afternoon." This show is pretty funny. As I watched more and more of this show I knew that this was going to be a favorite of mine.
    All of the characters in the show are extremely likeable. The least likeable character is Bob himself. He's kind of a party pooper and a buzz kill. Tina and Gene are my top two characters. The show struggled through it's first season. I did not like the episode "Art Crawl." The AV Club gave "Art Crawl an A, but I didn't like it at all. My favorite episode has to be "Fort Night." Bob'e Burgers is incredible and I recommend you see seasons 2,3 and 4. Watch season 1 if you want, Just avoid "Human Flesh." Trust me, it's ugly. It's surprising that FOX has yet to cancel this show. I just hope it lives for a bit longer.
  33. Jun 2, 2013
    Funny in nice way. A lot harder to write than mean humor, and I think the world needs more of it. Always Sunny will probably always earn more laughs at the end of the day, but when I'm sick, or drunk, or had a bad day, a show like being on, in a time like this we all live in, always makes my day. Also, it's pretty damn funny.
  34. Jun 6, 2013
    Going up with 4 Emmy Nominated cartoons, a lot of expectations are there. Bob's Burgers followed the failed series Sit Down, Shut Up; and won. Bob's Burgers isn't as dirty as a lot of TV. it's occasionally appropriate. This show is a great show. One of my favorites.
  35. Jul 10, 2013
    Unique with a potential to continue to develop into a well done favorite. The characters are well developed, individual, and easy to relate to. Tina is a particular favorite of mine, and I can't wait to see more of her as I continue to watch this family--easily one of my new "must watch" shows.
  36. Feb 7, 2015
    The story is original and the characters are interesting enough to watch the show.The jokes are not always funny and the characters are ugly but it is sometime entertaining.
  37. Apr 14, 2014
    This show is absolutely hilarious. I understand that it takes a great sense of humor to find this show funny, which the negative reviewers on here don't seem to have. This show is also very heartfelt, a nice, funny family.
  38. May 5, 2014
    This show is one of the best comedies around right now. Yes, it might take a couple of episodes to really get to know the characters, but once you're over that hurdle, big rewards are in store. In my humble opinion out-smarts and out-laughs its comparable contemporary, family guy, at every turn - its meticulously written and the comedic timing is perfect. A must watch for any selfThis show is one of the best comedies around right now. Yes, it might take a couple of episodes to really get to know the characters, but once you're over that hurdle, big rewards are in store. In my humble opinion out-smarts and out-laughs its comparable contemporary, family guy, at every turn - its meticulously written and the comedic timing is perfect. A must watch for any self respecting lover of comedy. Expand
  39. May 13, 2014
    Bob's Burgers always gives me a good belly laugh, it's very funny. And the show is very original. I like that it's set around a burger joint and the stories are always good.

I really hope Bob's Burgers is around for 100 more seasons!
  40. Dec 23, 2014
    I just can't get enough of this show. It reminds me of The Simpsons when they were less about the shock and focused more a good story with humor along the way.

1. Reviewed by: Joseph Jon lanthier
    Apr 4, 2011
    Although the show lacks the frenzied cadence of the aforementioned Archer, the depth of Bob's Burgers's relationships holds more promise. The forgiven failures and flaws of the Belchers remind us that families are often most tightly knit when they're at their most pathetic.
  2. Reviewed by: Troy Patterson
    Mar 30, 2011
    On average, the viewer must wait through two tossed-off fart jokes in order to savor one lovingly crafted one. Bob's Burgers is done medium well.
  3. Reviewed by: Tim Goodman
    Jan 10, 2011
    When Bob's Burgers gets rolling and hints at the smarts that made Home Movies and Dr. Katz so good, it only makes you long for a distancing on the inane, easy-joke riffs that try to be "edgy."