• Network: FOX
  • Series Premiere Date: Jan 9, 2011
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4
6.4

1. Jan 10, 2011
    Completely original and hilarious. The Characters are fully developed and this show is way better than family guy which has been horrible for the past seasons.
  2. Jan 23, 2011
    Its funny how all the negative reviews on this show are from people that think family guy is funny. Family Guy , after its original run, has been one of the worst shows on television but gets off by making a bunch of 14 year olds laugh at gay and fart jokes. Bob's Burger's was absolutely hilarious, its strongest point being the voice actors. I can see why Family Guy fans hate the show so much though, because no ones getting hit in the face or falling down stairs and you actually have to have some intelligence to understand the jokes, its not just some fat guy rattling off obnoxious dribble and slapstick humor. And don't think I'm just a Family Guy hater, the show was hilarious and one of my favorites during its original run. Then Seth Mcfarlane stopped actually writing for the show to work on American Dad(good) and The Cleveland Show(absolute garbage) and it went completely downhill. Bob's Burger's is Fox's funniest show since Futurama, let's just hope it doesn't end up with the same fate. On the other hand...it could probably be even better if Comedy Central picked it up. Expand
  3. Jan 31, 2011
    In short, Bob's Burgers harkens back to perhaps the original Simpsons, when it was a show about a family coping and working together despite their own differences to get through the day, rather than relying on guest stars, pop culture, and retro "I remember that!" references to make a show. Is it on the right network for this though? Definitely not. For starters I was a huge fan of Home Movies, and when I first heard part of the Home Movies crowd was making a show for Fox, there were two things that went through my head: A: This will completely suck because they'll have to stoop down to the Family Guy level and make it rife with pop culture references and potty jokes, or B: It'll be good and get cancelled after a season (if they're lucky to last that long).

The show is very much of a fusion of Home Movies (whose humor focused more on the awkwardness of everyday life) mixed with the crassness seen on many of the other Fox shows (which seems to be the shows main draw), but nixes the cheap shots of involving current events, stars, and 80s retro memories to instead come up with its own material to make a show.

Bob is a refreshing animated father figure who doesn't suffer from HomerSimpsonitis, where he's the family idiot, much like Peter from Family Guy, but instead is fully functioning family member who is trying to make ends meet while raising his family with his wife (who isn't a Marge or Lois), but rather another human with foibles who is very much Bob's partner.

The children are demented and almost the sole source of the shows vulgarity. Louise enjoys messing with people, Gene is a boy infatuated with potty humour, and Tina is the awkward teen who is perhaps a bit slow. Being forced to help out with the family restaurant, the three siblings make the best of turning work into play, much to hilarious results.
  4. Jan 10, 2011
    I love this sort of humor. But I can understand it's not for everyone. But like the Office, I think it might take a few episodes to get to know the characters. Louise & Gene we're the funniest in my opinion.
  5. Mar 28, 2011
    Anyone who doesn't think this show is hilarious is NUTS!!! It's as funny (if not funnier) than The Simpson's was during the 90's. The humor mixes the perfect amount of intelligence with the perfect amount of slapstick. I thought I would be put off by the crude drawing, but after watching a few episodes I find myself hoping that they don't change the artistic style if they make it past the first season. I'm really disappointed to see it only has a 53 as it's rating on here. I think it's by far the best of the shows airing on Fox's Sunday night line-up right now. Expand
  6. Mar 5, 2011
    Bob's Burgers is a breath of fresh air in the genre of animated sitcoms about families. The character archetypes it uses aren't all that original at first glance, but that's really only because it's an oddball family with a dad, a mom, and three kids, which seems to be the norm for this kind of show. The only thing their missing is a pet dog. But the characters have more wit and charm than the usual cartoon family unit. Louise, the youngest child and only main female character to be voiced by a female voice actor, is perhaps my favorite so far. She's voiced by Daily Show correspondent Kristen Schaal, and her character always seeks out new ways to make things more interesting around her, which often means suggesting things that are quite counterproductive or just fanning the flames of chaos, like shouting along with the angry mob gathered outside the titular restaurant. One of her ideas of fun is changing the name of the Burger of the Day from one bad family-friendly pun to another more provocative one, ie. "Never Been Feta" to "The Foot Feta-ish." Her brother Gene, played by Eugene Mirman, is similarly enthusiastic, interested in chaos, and never seems to have a frown on his face, and he is usually always carrying a device that plays music or makes sound effects, which he seems childishly fascinated by. A complete counterpoint to the two younger spunky children is Tina, played by Dan Mintz. She speaks in hushed tones and is socially inept, but she provides the show with its dosage of adolescent topics. She is also just plain weird, and I'm sure the writers are having a fun time coming up with things that sound funny coming from Dan Mintz's voice (which doesn't try to force sounding like a girl, you know, like men in drag in movies from the 60s or earlier. just very very natural). Their mother Linda, played by John Roberts (who is also very natural with the pitch of his female character's voice), is endearingly loving and optimistic if somewhat dim-witted, like an Edith Bunker (she even has strong New York accent and some quirky vocal affectations.) Bob, played masterfully as always by H. Jon Benjamin, plays the straight man to the rest of the cast's eccentric personalities. The show has so far been of a high caliber of humor. Or at least a very high quantity.

A lot of the negative reviews of the first episode were centered on how needlessly vulgar it is. That's not really the goal of Bob's Burgers, as is clear. The critics pointed to one of the first gags, when oldest sibling Tina intones that her crotch itches, as an example of how crude and unoriginal this show is. But that gag made me guffaw, not because I was imaging an itchy crotch, but because of the ensemble cast's reaction to her remark. They discuss it for about a minute, and Bob suggests Tina should keep that between her and her mother. So Tina asks her mom, and Linda asks to see it. Bob is horrified, but the kids and mother gather around, and you get a crotch's eye view of everyone's smiling faces looking down, and as Bob asks to please not do that, Louise humorously replies with a child-like tone of intrigue "No, let's all look at it."

Shows like Family Guy, South Park, and everything on Adult Swim have broken down a lot of walls of what's considered "edgy" and "vulgar" so that now an itchy crotch is a rather tame and unassuming gag and doesn't require a laugh just because it's a bad mental image. But Bob's Burgers is not intending to make you laugh for its obscene dialogue -- which isn't very obscene; it wants to make you laugh at its absurd yet relatable conversations and get invested in its irresistible characters. Family Guy can keep its racist jokes. Bob's Burgers is clever and thoughtful, and it'd be a shame if this show went off the air.
  7. Apr 11, 2011
    The show is probably one of the best cartoon's on. At first it seem like your now typical cartoon American family like The Simpsons and Family Guy but its not. The family members are all hilarious and the writing is brilliant.
  8. Mar 12, 2011
    This show is definitely funny. I love the characters especially the crazy kids! The show is silly but that's what makes it so great. I really hope it sticks around and we get to see more. Check this show out, it really is funny. The show is so original and I love the characters voices.
  9. Mar 22, 2011
    When I first saw the commercials for the show I asked my roommates "How many weeks before it gets canceled?". After actually watching the show I fully take back that statement! The writing is good and the voice acting is great! I will admit it's probably not the best show on TV, but it really fits my tastes, and I KNOW there are definitely worse shows on the air *cough* The Cleveland Show *cough*
  10. Jun 18, 2011
    This and The Simpsons are my two favorite shows on Fox! I love it!! Very good humor and animation. I am highly looking forward to the second season! :D
  11. Aug 12, 2011
    This show is amazing! The characters are interesting and well written and the voice acting is very good! The show keeps a good balance between "low brow" and "high brow" humor. The animation style fits the tone of the show.
  12. Feb 9, 2012
    An excellent show with strong characters. Let's hope that FOX keeps this one around for a while (though perhaps not as long as the limping Simpsons). It's great to see a 2nd season coming soon.
  13. Mar 7, 2012
    Fox has taken a gamble with this show, but not because it isn't funny - it's hilarious, in the thoughtful understated way many good comedies find their fanbase. I think the gamble is that the fanbase that appreciates this humor might not be devoted to network television, and will probably watch this via other means, and it won't get the view rating needed to survive . Which is why I am writing this. I rarely watch TV, but this is worth watching! It's quirky, and bizarre, but there is so much more thought put into the dialogue, compared to Family Guy, or any of it's dreadful spinoffs. The first couple episodes where more in that vulgar vein, but the latter half of the first season really shines, and the voice casting is superb, particularly Kristen Schaal. Watch a couple episodes (from the last half of the season) and if you have any good sense, you will like it! Expand
  14. May 1, 2012
    Ahh Bob's Burger....brilliant show! Look forward to each and every episode. Very witty, the voices are perfect. Completely original! Have every episode and rewatch constantly
  15. Oct 5, 2013
    In a time where animated sitcoms are a dime a dozen "Bob's Burgers" proves to be unique, original, and most importantly hilarious. The shows sense of humor is bizarre and creative, featuring one of the weirdest and most charming animated families ever. As season 1 progresses the humor gets crazier managing to be one of the few forms of entertainment to effectively gross-out humor. If you're looking for laughs then this is a show I highly recommend. Expand
  16. Jul 5, 2012
    Awesome show. Very funny without having drug, violence, or sex references (most of the time.) The characters are awesome. New and fresh show, something different IMO. I love it and hope it doesn't get canceled.
  17. May 12, 2012
    I LOVE BOB's BURGERS! Louise is awesome, the characters voices are excellent and I'm actually laughing out loud at this show and it's plot lines. I am really enjoying the family a lot. It is nice to see a comedy that can be entertaining without constantly making one off jokes. Chickenleg! pure gold Bob's Burgers! (screaming from the bleachers) pure gold I'm furious! (after the hamburger video game is sent away) pure gold

I love this show. Please keep it coming. I can't wait to see what other kind of trouble Bob has to deal with because of his family. ha ha ha! Great show!
  18. Feb 25, 2014
    Bob's Burgers is a spectacle, But the show struggled in it's first episode. I wasn't a fan of the pilot at all. The humor was disgusting. What were the writers thinking, that this would be funny. I saw the demo for the pilot episode that had a joke that was just so awful. Thank god the joke was taken out. Good thing the first episode wasn't the first episode I've seen of the show. The first was "Crawl Space." I didn't find the show too funny or interesting. A couple of years later and I watch "Bob Day Afternoon." This show is pretty funny. As I watched more and more of this show I knew that this was going to be a favorite of mine.
    All of the characters in the show are extremely likeable. The least likeable character is Bob himself. He's kind of a party pooper and a buzz kill. Tina and Gene are my top two characters. The show struggled through it's first season. I did not like the episode "Art Crawl." The AV Club gave "Art Crawl an A, but I didn't like it at all. My favorite episode has to be "Fort Night." Bob'e Burgers is incredible and I recommend you see seasons 2,3 and 4. Watch season 1 if you want, Just avoid "Human Flesh." Trust me, it's ugly. It's surprising that FOX has yet to cancel this show. I just hope it lives for a bit longer.
  19. Jun 6, 2013
    Going up with 4 Emmy Nominated cartoons, a lot of expectations are there. Bob's Burgers followed the failed series Sit Down, Shut Up; and won. Bob's Burgers isn't as dirty as a lot of TV. it's occasionally appropriate. This show is a great show. One of my favorites.
  20. Apr 14, 2014
    This show is absolutely hilarious. I understand that it takes a great sense of humor to find this show funny, which the negative reviewers on here don't seem to have. This show is also very heartfelt, a nice, funny family.
  21. May 5, 2014
    This show is one of the best comedies around right now. Yes, it might take a couple of episodes to really get to know the characters, but once you're over that hurdle, big rewards are in store. In my humble opinion out-smarts and out-laughs its comparable contemporary, family guy, at every turn - its meticulously written and the comedic timing is perfect. A must watch for any self respecting lover of comedy. Expand
  22. May 13, 2014
    Bob's Burgers always gives me a good belly laugh, it's very funny. And the show is very original. I like that it's set around a burger joint and the stories are always good.

I really hope Bob's Burgers is around for 100 more seasons!

1. Reviewed by: Joseph Jon lanthier
    Apr 4, 2011
    Although the show lacks the frenzied cadence of the aforementioned Archer, the depth of Bob's Burgers's relationships holds more promise. The forgiven failures and flaws of the Belchers remind us that families are often most tightly knit when they're at their most pathetic.
  2. Reviewed by: Troy Patterson
    Mar 30, 2011
    On average, the viewer must wait through two tossed-off fart jokes in order to savor one lovingly crafted one. Bob's Burgers is done medium well.
  3. Reviewed by: Tim Goodman
    Jan 10, 2011
    When Bob's Burgers gets rolling and hints at the smarts that made Home Movies and Dr. Katz so good, it only makes you long for a distancing on the inane, easy-joke riffs that try to be "edgy."