Bored to Death : Season 1

Season #: 1, 2, 3
7.9

1. AnitaD
    Sep 21, 2009
    I like Jason Schwartzman, but this show bored me, although not to death. I didn't find it funny in situation or dialogue.
  2. ThelmaS
    Sep 21, 2009
    Network TV masquerading as Cable - only the scenes with Ted Danson are even bearable, but I cringe for him having to be in this dreck. Painfully pedestrian.
  3. TedA.
    Sep 22, 2009
    Dull, decidedly annoying, show. Save the angst for your psychotherapist.
  4. DouglasF.
    Sep 23, 2009
    Terrible writing sinks this show. Lame jokes abound, and the scenes just lay there. I can't imagine this one will be around for long. Worst HBO series since John From Cincinatti.
  5. JeanneD.
    Sep 24, 2009
    Boring.
  6. Dec 30, 2011
    I basically enjoyed, the 1st season but the writing in the 2nd season became too hip for it's own good. And, by "hip" I mean goofy stoner comedy. I can see why it was canceled.

HBO sent out three advance episodes of Bored to Death, and by the third one (also the best one) I felt confident that Schwartzman was exactly where he belongs--in Brooklyn, in a cafe, watching, and worrying.
    In the end, it all amounts to pretty much the same thing: a half hour with a self-sabotaging wit. A nice side effect is that both "Curb Your Enthusiasm" and Bored to Death make you feel better about yourself.
    Danson is so typically deft that he makes Christopher's raging egotism and arrested development engaging. Zach Galifianakis gives a similarly nuanced performance as the put-upon best friend of magazine writer and would-be detective Jonathan Ames (Jason Schwatzman). Danson and Galifianakis, however, can't quite make up for the fact that Ames and his various pursuits are juvenile and predictable.