Brand X With Russell Brand : Season 1

• Series Premiere Date: Jun 28, 2012
Season #: 1, 2
4.5

1. Jul 6, 2012
    I don't know if Russell Brand gonna survive in the ratings for his new FX late-night talk show, but I hope he's feeling worried about then-girlfriend Katy Perry rather than focusing on movies. So I think FX doesn't have to be like this. But just like TBS did with Lopez Tonight (since it was cancelled due to low ratings) last year, but I hope this show should be on the TV Death Watch listI don't know if Russell Brand gonna survive in the ratings for his new FX late-night talk show, but I hope he's feeling worried about then-girlfriend Katy Perry rather than focusing on movies. So I think FX doesn't have to be like this. But just like TBS did with Lopez Tonight (since it was cancelled due to low ratings) last year, but I hope this show should be on the TV Death Watch list and pretty soon he'll be on the chopping block. Expand
  2. Aug 2, 2012
    Coming unto this show, I knew little about Russell Brand, I didn't know if I was in for a treat or a disappointing. And as most people who have reviewed this would tell you.THIS SHOW SUCKS. And the reason for this is, Russell Brand is not funny and has no business starring on his show.
  3. Jul 4, 2012
    Let me start by saying I was a HUGE fan of Ponderland (strongly recommend anyone check it out if you haven't seen it) and think Russell is a talented stand up comedian. However, the premiere of Brand X was very disappointing. I do think it has promise though. The way the premiere was structured didn't allow Russell enough room to go on observational tangents, which is where he shines.Let me start by saying I was a HUGE fan of Ponderland (strongly recommend anyone check it out if you haven't seen it) and think Russell is a talented stand up comedian. However, the premiere of Brand X was very disappointing. I do think it has promise though. The way the premiere was structured didn't allow Russell enough room to go on observational tangents, which is where he shines. It was just boring.

It will be interesting to see how the show progresses though.

1. Reviewed by: Sarah Rodman
    Jun 29, 2012
    Some of it was compelling and some of it tedious.
  2. Reviewed by: Rob Owen
    Jun 29, 2012
    The result is not all that funny but more interesting than what most stand-up TV programs deliver.
  3. Reviewed by: Andrew Wallenstein
    Jun 29, 2012
    Brand X works when Brand doesn't force himself to play with the trappings of the show and he just sticks to the monologue.