Breaking Bad : Season 4

Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
9.5

Universal acclaim- based on 2085 Ratings

1. Jul 21, 2011
    Strong as ever, Breaking Bad returns for its fourth season. The premiere once again delivered prove that you will have a hard time finding a show that has lighting, score and cinematography as beautiful as this. The writing is still meticulous and anything but shallow. And Bryan Cranston might have just won himself another Emmy. Absolutely astonishing what he can do with an expression onStrong as ever, Breaking Bad returns for its fourth season. The premiere once again delivered prove that you will have a hard time finding a show that has lighting, score and cinematography as beautiful as this. The writing is still meticulous and anything but shallow. And Bryan Cranston might have just won himself another Emmy. Absolutely astonishing what he can do with an expression on his face alone.

Needless to say, this looks to be another great season.
  2. Aug 8, 2011
    This show is one of the best creations in television history. But I wonder why you don't include the reviews from New York Magazine in the 'Critc Reviews' - they're very good, and you include NY Mag movie reviews in the 'Movies' section!
  3. Oct 9, 2011
    This season for me has been absolute perfection in TV drama - one of the best series of any show I've ever seen, I would not change a thing. Every episode is well paced and leaves you on the edge of your seat. It's also still fresh and unpredictable. Very satisfying season!
  4. Jul 28, 2011
    by far the best acted, and best written television show that you will get. Even after two seasons, Breaking Bad keeps me hooked episode to episode.
  5. Aug 9, 2011
    I couldn't praise Breaking Bad highly enough. The way it constantly plays with your head and keeps you on edge is purely masterful. It is my favourite show of all-time and one of the greatest, I expect, in history.
  6. Jul 18, 2011
    Marvelous show. Excellent writing. Equally great acting. The story is always hinged on reality and such intense human drama that you cannot help but remain fascinated even when things are either anti-climactic or unresolved. As are many instances of life itself. The 4th season premiere was long overdue and culminated with a brutal display of blood spilling out to illustrate the inevitableMarvelous show. Excellent writing. Equally great acting. The story is always hinged on reality and such intense human drama that you cannot help but remain fascinated even when things are either anti-climactic or unresolved. As are many instances of life itself. The 4th season premiere was long overdue and culminated with a brutal display of blood spilling out to illustrate the inevitable brutality of those who are outside the usual playing field. Those who believe that the universe is indifferent and that absolution is the key to survival. The only downside is that the pause between last season's closer and season 4's premiere may have subdued some of the drama that lingered on and it would be wise to see them back to back.... And Amc's ultra loud bang boom presentation of its show makes you feel as though you're about to watch the super bowl. Expand
  7. Jul 17, 2011
    Great premier, i'm very excited to see the next episode and the rest of the season. If your thinking about watching Breaking Bad don't hesitate, it's stupendous. Best show on television!!
  8. Aug 1, 2011
    This series, as said by many, is unquestionably the best on television, and I doubt it will meet its match any time soon. I would go so far as to call it a masterpiece. Bryan Cranston is compelling and believable as Walther White, a mild-mannered high school chemistry teacher who contracts terminal lung cancer and decides to cook crystal meth in order to provide for his family in the eventThis series, as said by many, is unquestionably the best on television, and I doubt it will meet its match any time soon. I would go so far as to call it a masterpiece. Bryan Cranston is compelling and believable as Walther White, a mild-mannered high school chemistry teacher who contracts terminal lung cancer and decides to cook crystal meth in order to provide for his family in the event of his imminent death. Never before have I seen such convincing and outstanding acting, especially from Cranston and Paul Aaron, Walt's young partner in crime. Along with these two strong lead actors there is an ensemble of nearly as good supporting characters. This show seems so plausible, so real and is utterly mesmerizing. The drama is multi-layered and complex, with equal amounts of suspense and emotional appeal. There is no black and white in this tour de force, only shades of gray. Several times I was unsure on what was right, wrong, and necessary in this story. The choices made by the characters in Breaking Bad have serious and irreparable consequences, and every move Walt makes seems to suck him deeper and deeper into the chaos he has, albeit unintentionally, created. Vince Gilligan and the writing staff of Breaking Bad have given the Coen brothers a run for their money. Expand
  9. Oct 4, 2011
    The writers of this show are incredible. Just when you think you can predict something will happen or have a theory, the writers will tease you and then do something you didn't see coming at all. It's just amazing how this show improves every season and goes to increasing levels. Season 1 you thought this would be another Weeds + Dexter type show (main character with an alter ego/living aThe writers of this show are incredible. Just when you think you can predict something will happen or have a theory, the writers will tease you and then do something you didn't see coming at all. It's just amazing how this show improves every season and goes to increasing levels. Season 1 you thought this would be another Weeds + Dexter type show (main character with an alter ego/living a double life). But by season 4, it has evolved into an emotionally gripping show that looks into human morality and the consequences of our actions, sprinkled over a captivating rags to riches drug business storyline. I can never say enough about the acting. It's like a competition between the actors as they try to top each other every episode. Expand
  10. DND
    Oct 16, 2011
    This is what we were waiting for a long time. The tension which has been taken with the previous seasons had come to its logical end. Epic final with no P.S. You will have to accept the supremacy of Walter's mind.
  11. Nov 8, 2011
    Brilliant show. The writing on this is the best I have ever seen, and nothing in this genre comes close. Amazing casting with fantastic performances from the entire cast. The suspense is crippling at times and the show leaves you breathless on many occasions. It is hard to tackle this subject material without being corny, pretentious, or dull but they execute flawlessly. Cranston has takenBrilliant show. The writing on this is the best I have ever seen, and nothing in this genre comes close. Amazing casting with fantastic performances from the entire cast. The suspense is crippling at times and the show leaves you breathless on many occasions. It is hard to tackle this subject material without being corny, pretentious, or dull but they execute flawlessly. Cranston has taken a character and made it his own to the point you forget him being Malcom's dad. Its dark, gritty, but also has moments of real comedic genius. The way the show is shot reminds me a lot of the early work of Sam Mendes and they do so on a much smaller budget. I tell everyone to watch this show because it is some of the best work ever to be on television. Expand
  12. Jan 13, 2013
    This is the best thing I have ever seen on a screen. I cannot, can NOT, overstate how excellent this show is. Everything is flawless--cinematography, story, music, acting. Oh, sweet heaven, the acting. These actors are going to have long, miserable lives in front of them after this show ends when they realize they've transcended the meaning of human theater. I'd give it an eleven forThis is the best thing I have ever seen on a screen. I cannot, can NOT, overstate how excellent this show is. Everything is flawless--cinematography, story, music, acting. Oh, sweet heaven, the acting. These actors are going to have long, miserable lives in front of them after this show ends when they realize they've transcended the meaning of human theater. I'd give it an eleven for partnering with Netflix to be on Instant Streaming, but that's more of an AMC thing. Expand
  13. Dec 7, 2011
    Breaking Bad Knows what's Best. Vince Gilligan and his six writers are masterful at what they do. I honestly don't think there will ever be another show that reaches such high caliber excellence that is 'Breaking Bad'. No matter how high the viewership goes for this show (which absolutely demands to have more viewers) it will never be over rated. 100 years from now someone will find thisBreaking Bad Knows what's Best. Vince Gilligan and his six writers are masterful at what they do. I honestly don't think there will ever be another show that reaches such high caliber excellence that is 'Breaking Bad'. No matter how high the viewership goes for this show (which absolutely demands to have more viewers) it will never be over rated. 100 years from now someone will find this show and it will still be as masterful, mesmerizing and equipped with its jarring feel of a modernized western of our time. Expand
  14. Dec 25, 2011
    Why is is that cable networks can do it a lot better than the commercial networks ? Over hyped rehashed tripe such as Falling Skies, Terra Nova have nothing compared to shows like these. Brilliant season, that always had you wondering where it would lead, amazing ending.
  15. Jan 10, 2012
    The best season so far for me, dark, surprising, also showing all the background story. The evolution of the characters is amazing and the season finale... it's just breathtaking.
  16. Feb 24, 2012
    This was the greatest season of television I have ever seen. The plot twisted and turned into a surprising, explosive crescendo. Gus and Walter's game of cat & mouse was captivating, tense and well constructed. The way Gilligan was able to weave various characters' pasts into issues in the present elevated the storyline to unchartered heights for what was already a brilliant and formidableThis was the greatest season of television I have ever seen. The plot twisted and turned into a surprising, explosive crescendo. Gus and Walter's game of cat & mouse was captivating, tense and well constructed. The way Gilligan was able to weave various characters' pasts into issues in the present elevated the storyline to unchartered heights for what was already a brilliant and formidable show. I can't wait for the final season! Expand
  17. May 16, 2012
    Breaking Bad is a phenomenal show. It is the only show that I know of that gets better and better each season. Every single episode is at a minimum of above average quality, especially this season. Thus, it claims my number one spot along with The Wire. Whereas The Wire claims this spot because of its excellent writing, realism (excluding season 5) and depth, Breaking Bad claims this spotBreaking Bad is a phenomenal show. It is the only show that I know of that gets better and better each season. Every single episode is at a minimum of above average quality, especially this season. Thus, it claims my number one spot along with The Wire. Whereas The Wire claims this spot because of its excellent writing, realism (excluding season 5) and depth, Breaking Bad claims this spot because of its raw emotional intensity, excellent characters and the development of these characters, and pure badass-ness. I compare these two shows because both of these have been regarded as the best shows of all time by many. Expand
  18. Jul 19, 2013
    The tension of this season is so amazing. Every episode is so gripping, that I must admidt, that I watched this season on one day. The final of the season is the highlight (last 3 episodes).
  19. Aug 10, 2014
    This TV series is the best ever and, in my opinion, the show should have finished with this season. Despite that, I really enjoyed the 5th season, too.
  20. May 8, 2014
    A very good SonyPicture show ;D. 10/10. Season 4 is the best Breaking Bad season imho. The Battle between walter white and the "Lord" are just amazing! The visual is excellent, the acting is phenomenon and the story are just beyond outstanding!
    this is the third TV that I give a Perfect score!
    11/10!
  21. Dec 16, 2011
    the best breaking bad season and possibly the best season of any show ever. the acting and writing are genius. the drama is so intense and acting so perfect that even a uncultured Spartacus fan could enjoy it.
  22. Jul 25, 2011
    amazing.just amazing.if you have not watched this show yet watch it now.the writers always make you wonder whats going to happen next and the characters are very well put together witch makes for one of the best shows of all time.
  23. Jul 22, 2011
    What an outstanding show this is! No other show out there can instantly mesmerize you from the very first scene. The first episode starts off perfectly, answering a few questions from the end of the last season and ending with a real bang. "Box Cutter" ends very violently to say the least (you are warned, if you are squeamish), but it provides great character development. Jesse andWhat an outstanding show this is! No other show out there can instantly mesmerize you from the very first scene. The first episode starts off perfectly, answering a few questions from the end of the last season and ending with a real bang. "Box Cutter" ends very violently to say the least (you are warned, if you are squeamish), but it provides great character development. Jesse and Walt have changed soooo much throughout this show. Best show on television! Expand
  24. Aug 18, 2011
    tense , expertly written , brilliant cast , stunning locations , if you have not seen this , watch now , best drama EVER , the only criticism i have is that its only 60mins long
  25. Aug 2, 2011
    The best thing I like about the show is the directing and cinematography.though its also the characters and the way there is not to many or to little, and there all so varied too keep them all interesting. Although I hate Walt's In-laws and the pain of having to go through those scenes, in kind off balances out the stories that are unfolding, both telling the underground underbelly ofThe best thing I like about the show is the directing and cinematography.though its also the characters and the way there is not to many or to little, and there all so varied too keep them all interesting. Although I hate Walt's In-laws and the pain of having to go through those scenes, in kind off balances out the stories that are unfolding, both telling the underground underbelly of criminal activity and the above board shirt and tie of it all, though I can't help feeling with hank's bed bound activities are holding the pace of the show. Lets just hope that they get kill of in a home invasion of something. Great show...i wont miss a minute of it at all!!! Expand
  26. Oct 8, 2011
    This season is amazing, Breaking Bad is getting better season after season while other series go the opposite. I'm longing for the last episode of S4 !
  27. Oct 11, 2011
    Easily one of the best shows i've ever seen on television. I am a huge fan of Sons of Anarchy, but Breaking Bad blows it away. Every episode makes you wonder "how can this end well?!". Character development has been steady and meaningful for all of the characters involved. I found myself torn several times of whether I wanted to side with the "good" or "bad" guys (which is often blurredEasily one of the best shows i've ever seen on television. I am a huge fan of Sons of Anarchy, but Breaking Bad blows it away. Every episode makes you wonder "how can this end well?!". Character development has been steady and meaningful for all of the characters involved. I found myself torn several times of whether I wanted to side with the "good" or "bad" guys (which is often blurred anyway). I always said no show would surpass the Sopranos as my all time favorite, but right now Breaking Bad seems to be doing just that. Expand
  28. Jul 22, 2011
    One of the only shows to give me goosebumps, damn shame the only negative vote.. a 1 of all digits, is probably a fan of American Idol. Great acting, great music score, less is more in the scene between Gus and company. I have waited over a year for this season... and it was well worth it so far.
  29. May 17, 2012
    This show is sheer perfection. I dare you to find anything on tv that even comes close to it. Dark, violent, thought-provoking, shocking, and jaw-dropping. This is what television should be.
  30. Jul 17, 2011
    A brilliant episode to showcase the return of one of the best dramas that have ever surfaced in t.v. history. You're on the edge of your seat the entire time wondering what's gonna happen next and when that one scene happens, whether you were expecting it or not, your mouth will be on the floor. A powerful showcase from Cranston and the other cast, but Paul really shines in this episodeA brilliant episode to showcase the return of one of the best dramas that have ever surfaced in t.v. history. You're on the edge of your seat the entire time wondering what's gonna happen next and when that one scene happens, whether you were expecting it or not, your mouth will be on the floor. A powerful showcase from Cranston and the other cast, but Paul really shines in this episode despite not speaking a word for 75% of the episode. It's definitely the best premiere to a show, ever. Expand
  31. Jul 18, 2011
    After (literally) a full year's wait and aching suspension, this premiere was obviously going to be under a lot of scrutiny and it didn't fail in terms of revelations. It was however, slightly predictable - which isn't usually the case with BB - and drawn out in places which is fairly disappointing.
    The episode appears to have laid out its key plots for the season, all of which look set to stun and as always the episode's cliffhanger was impeccable.
  32. Jul 18, 2011
    best shoe ive ever seen on television. this season doesn't look to be letting up at all. the acting, story telling, suspense, and drama are as good as ever. i never thought a show would have me rooting for the main stars to cook meth
  33. Jul 25, 2011
    AMC can not go wrong when it comes to original programming and Breaking Bad is no exception. It is easily the best dramatic series on cable television. The writing is superb, the performances are top-notch, and the production quality is cinematic in nature. If you are not watching this show, set your DVR and witness for yourself what everyone else is raving about.
  34. Jul 28, 2011
    Tense, surging and edge of your seat tv. Breaking bad has definitely found it's groove and cementing itself as a premier show on tv today. Season 4 in particular has picked up the reigns in a tough situation for the characters, but the acting and the screenplay has been superb so far. Triple thumbs up (if that is possible?).
  35. Aug 8, 2011
    Great actors, skillful directing, but the story line declined starting in season 3 and got worse ever since. Furthermore the art is gone. Breaking Bad had great art like scenes in the first two seasons which made it the great show it is.
    The story and characters never developed much but the great art scenes, like the intros in season 2, made it a great show. Without these scenes the show is just like a soap opera about a cook.
  36. Aug 15, 2011
    This is one of the best series I have ever seen.
    I particulary like a lot of Game of Thrones and House MD, but this one is different, there is thriller, action and a good screenplay. I still liking more of the series I told before but this certeinly got my attencion.
    The actors are realy good, particulary Aaron Paul and Rj Mitte. The only thing I think is faulting is more action. There is
    This is one of the best series I have ever seen.
    The actors are realy good, particulary Aaron Paul and Rj Mitte.
    The only thing I think is faulting is more action. There is a lot, but everyone loves a shooting and car runnig.
    A good serie for how is looking for it, not to anyone.
  37. Oct 24, 2011
    Best Series till date for me.Everything Is just perfect in this series.Awesome Story.Awesome Direction.Awesome acting.Waiting for season6.Bring It on season 6 quickly
  38. Sep 1, 2011
    The Breaking Bad team continues to bring us a great show. Walter remains likeable but continues to move further and further to the dark side, and he is becoming more and more alienated to the people around him. One of the few shows I wait for week to week.
  39. Sep 6, 2011
    Best TV show ever. A terrific season of the drama with lots of suspense and drama that the last season had. This season of the AMC hit showcases as one of the best series on television to date.
  40. Sep 14, 2011
    Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul both have Emmys thanks to BB. Now it's time for Giancarlo Esposito and/or
    Jonathan Banks to win. I don't know how the writers of BB do it, but each season gets better than the previous one, and the storylines with Gus (Esposito) and Mike (Banks) have made this season the most nerve-wracking to date. This is the most exciting show on any channel, and that includes the premium channels.
  41. Sep 15, 2011
    Best show now days and one of the best in the history of tv , Breaking Bad is all you can ask for dramatic entertainment , The Acting , the writing . the directing and the cinematography , It is the nearest thing to perfection , we are in the age of gold television
  42. Oct 5, 2011
    I finally bought into all the hype and starting watching breaking bad on Netflix..... best decision I've ever made. This show has everything. It's dark, funny, and engaging.
  43. Oct 8, 2011
    Breaking Bad season 4 has not only been the best season of Breaking Bad so far, but one of the best seasons of any TV show to have aired on TV. Breaking Bad keeps its viewers on the edge of their seat throughout the whole season, leaving us wondering who will die in this episode, or what will happen next. Breaking Bad manages to do what most TV shows fail to do: ongoing drama, unexpectedBreaking Bad season 4 has not only been the best season of Breaking Bad so far, but one of the best seasons of any TV show to have aired on TV. Breaking Bad keeps its viewers on the edge of their seat throughout the whole season, leaving us wondering who will die in this episode, or what will happen next. Breaking Bad manages to do what most TV shows fail to do: ongoing drama, unexpected twists and turns -- and most importantly, keeping it very realistic throughout the ongoing drama and not becoming too ridiculous. Expand
  44. Oct 9, 2011
    This series has to be the "Seinfeld" of thriller/drama series especially going by the last episode of season 4. It makes all the movies and TV shows I've seen in the past ten years pale by comparison in entertainment value. I'm a very picky TV viewer after 45 years of honing my tastes finding meaningful programming. I have not found anything even close to as gripping, suspenseful and edgeThis series has to be the "Seinfeld" of thriller/drama series especially going by the last episode of season 4. It makes all the movies and TV shows I've seen in the past ten years pale by comparison in entertainment value. I'm a very picky TV viewer after 45 years of honing my tastes finding meaningful programming. I have not found anything even close to as gripping, suspenseful and edge of your seat story telling as this series. Better than the Sopranos. October 9th 2011 episode just blew me away. Unbelievable! Bravo for all the writers and actors, cinematography and music in this series. I commend you on your skills. It's going to take me a while to come down after seeing the last episode. I feel like I have war fatigue.

Thank you.
  45. Oct 28, 2011
    **** Australia vs New Zealand Live Streaming Online Four Nations RUGBY Internet TV LinkWatch LIVE Australia vs New Zealand Online stream Four Nations RUGBY â
  46. Nov 2, 2011
    A brilliant t.v. drama with amazing acting and plot development. Feels like a classic shakespearean tragedy with many references to Scarface and the Godfather.
  47. Nov 9, 2011
    Easily the greatest drama on television at the moment, possibly the greatest ever. A must watch for anyone. And now I will right some more to fill in the character limit. Breaking Bad is amazing, simple.
  48. Nov 22, 2011
    This show is a masterpiece plain and simle. The characters are engaging and believable. The story arcs are delicately interwoven and create tension that simply canot be described in a short review like this.
  49. Jan 7, 2012
    Acting - amazing. Writing - amazing. Directing - amazing. From the very instant the season started, I was sucked in and never once did it let me go. The only bad thing about the show is that it's only an hour. Best. Show. EVER.
  50. Dec 29, 2011
    This is hands down one of the best TV shows I've ever seen (on par with shows like The Wire) and honestly shows like this make me worried for the future of the film industry. There's just so much more time to set up characters and settings that when the thrills finally arrive they make that much more of an impact. Not only is this an amazing show, but this has to be the the best season as well.
  51. Jan 14, 2012
    One of the best TV shows of the past 10 years! Well written, directed and the acting is phenomenal. I do not understand the people that say the acing or writing is bad to mediocre. Also, yeah the plot is complex. That isn't a bad thing, maybe if you don't understand it, it is because you are not that intelligent.
  52. Jul 22, 2012
    Possibly the greatest single television season of all time. From the unbelievable events of episode one all the way through the season, this is an edge of the seat, unbelievably amazing television show.
  53. Nov 4, 2012
    Sensational season for the best show in the history of dramas. The producer/director Vince Gilligan always keeps realism in mind and mixes it with beautiful visuals. Vince is simply as good as one can get. All I have to say is "don't mess with him, ****
  54. Dec 18, 2012
    This has got to be the best dramatic show ever produced on television. I simply cannot remember anything that even comes close to the extend and the sheer intensity of the feelings and emotions that I felt throughout the entire season. If i could make any critique at all is that I would just like the final minutes of the finale to be just a bit more dramatic (in an otherwise spectacularThis has got to be the best dramatic show ever produced on television. I simply cannot remember anything that even comes close to the extend and the sheer intensity of the feelings and emotions that I felt throughout the entire season. If i could make any critique at all is that I would just like the final minutes of the finale to be just a bit more dramatic (in an otherwise spectacular final episode). Bottom line: Breaking Bad is the epitome of drama, a perfection that leaves you speechless in each episode. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Curt Wagner
    Aug 1, 2011
    The visual style pours as much emotional juice into the boiling, moody brew that Gilligan cooks up as his actors' searing performances do.
  2. Reviewed by: Brian Holcomb
    Jul 20, 2011
    This is one of the rarest finds on television: a show where cast and character are so perfectly matched by a creator who understands exactly what journey he wants take his audience on.
  3. Reviewed by: Rob Owen
    Jul 18, 2011
    None of these twists are for the faint of heart, which is why Breaking Bad is a smart, thought-provoking TV show that elevates the artistic achievements of the medium.