• Network: AMC
  • Series Premiere Date: Jan 20, 2008
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5
9.7

1. Nov 3, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. بول).
    بدأ 20 2008 AMC، 29 2013.[1][2][3][4][5]
  2. Jan 3, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I really liked season 5, but not as much as season 4. I'll start with the positives. The writing was mostly superb, the acting consistently so. I won't go into much detail, as it has probably already been done so, but I do have to voice my views of Skyler, who gets a LOT of hatred that many times is clearly misogynistic. The Skyler story arc in season 5 has been exceptional and I deeply, deeply sympathise with her.

Anyway, so why not a 10? A few reasons.

For one, some arcs didn't seem to go anywhere. The strongest example of this is the kid getting shot. Almost nothing happened from it. It felt cheap and just for the thrills. Walt is possibly becoming a bit too one-dimensional. This season lacked the edge-of-your-seat tension of seasons past; the train heist felt forced, but not very tense. Finally, the cliffhanger, in all honesty, was a tad pathetic. It was obvious Hank would find out, so obvious in fact that I was expecting it to happen a week earlier to give way to a real cliffhanger. It didn't. Then I thought he might find out in the last 20-minutes, to have one of the exceptional breaking bad-style cliffhangers that we had in the past ("run", jesse shooting Gale, Walt turning insane, etc). Instead we got it right at the end. It feels like we've only had a build-up so far, which of course is, true, but I count what we had as season 5 and what we'll get as season 6, and what we had in season 5 was an extremely strong opener to what will be an even stronger conclusion that we just haven't gotten yet.
  3. Oct 27, 2012
    I haven't been quite as impressed with Season 5 as I was with the other Seasons yet but it should kick into high gear when it returns next summer. I wasnt big on following TV shows until this one and The Walking Dead. AMC's shows are something special!! Hope they end this one right!
  4. Dec 4, 2012
    Well acted, well written and well paced. BB season 5 maintains Vince Gilligans positive track record. Breaking bad is no doubt one of the best paced dramas out there.
  5. Jun 2, 2014
    This is the greatest show of all time. Period. There are fantastic shows like Dexter and The Sopranos which amaze you for the most part, but lose ideas and focus sometimes, whilst losing the viewers attention.
    With Breaking Bad, there was not a single episode that didn't fascinate me. From the unusually moving cinematography displayed throughout, to the multiple-Emmy-award winning performances from the stars of the show; from the action packed, heart stopping thrills to the intense character studies, this show has it all. If you've heard of Breaking Bad and haven't watched it, I'm not sure what you're doing. If these reviews are the first you're reading about this ground-breaking show, sign up to NetFlix right now and start the series!
  6. Oct 28, 2013
    If there WOULD be a reason to buy a tv, it's to watch Breaking Bad. The last season is a perfect ending for a show that has been building gradually to a certain end, like Mr. White. Our baby blue is gone, but we'll love her forever.
  7. Oct 31, 2013
    This is perfection in television. With threads from all the way back in Season 1 coming in to play in an epic ending that will give even the greatest TV shows in history a reason to be ashamed, Vince Gilligan and his cast have created what is, for good reason, the best final season to the best TV show of all time. Period.
  8. Oct 28, 2013
    THE END. I will desperately miss you my friend. BREAKING BAD HAS ENDED. This season was one of the best seasons out of this show in a whole. This show ended with such a good bang that it was amazing to just watch and cry. THE BEST SHOW EVER MADE. EVERR MADE IN HISTORY. Breaking Bad may have ended on AMC but not in my heart. LOVE THIS SHOW SO MUCH BROS. REALLY NOT KIDDING. Vince Gilligan isTHE END. I will desperately miss you my friend. BREAKING BAD HAS ENDED. This season was one of the best seasons out of this show in a whole. This show ended with such a good bang that it was amazing to just watch and cry. THE BEST SHOW EVER MADE. EVERR MADE IN HISTORY. Breaking Bad may have ended on AMC but not in my heart. LOVE THIS SHOW SO MUCH BROS. REALLY NOT KIDDING. Vince Gilligan is GOD to me for this creation. Bryan Cranston is the best tv show actors ever. Aaron Paul, love ya man. Bye. Bye. Expand
  9. Sep 18, 2013
    It's quite an amazing show; there's not too much else to say about it. While the scores of critics and users being 99/100 and. 9.6/10, respectively, may be slightly high for a show even like this in my opinion (however, this may be due to all the possible ratings being a bit limited), it's not to say that this show doesn't deserve all the awards that it has gotten.
    There aren't many
    There aren't many episodes left, but the intense drama of the main parts of the plot, the incredible acting by lead actor Bryan Cranston, as well as the harsh and indulging events of the show earn this at least a 9 from me.
  10. Sep 25, 2013
    for me the first half of season was worst than season 3 and 4, less excitment maybe

second half of season: WOW, NO WAY, WOW, YES, NOOO, WOW, WOW, WOW, WOW, UNBELIAVLE, WOW, WOW, WOW, WOW WOW so i want to give the season a 1000 if i can
  11. May 26, 2013
    One of the greatest dramas in the history of television has accomplished what was once thought to be impossible: getting even better with each successive season. As good as the first four seasons have been, season five has been the best. An exquisite production from top to bottom: writing, story, acting, cinematography. How will it end? A part of me wishes it never had to.
  12. Oct 4, 2013
    A satisfying conclusion to one of the greatest drama that was ever put on television. Some of the greatest acting in a television show that I have ever seen, as well as astonishing cinematography, some very smart dialogue and an edge of your seat climax. This show has gotten the credibility it deserves and it remains my favorite show ever to air on television.
  13. Nov 2, 2013
    How could you not give it a 10? It's a struggle to find flaws in this seemingly flawless masterpiece. The exceptional acting goes above and beyond that of most movies today, and the writing is on par with the genius of Lucas, Abrams, Cameron and Speilberg, radiating excellence, always. Television would be bland without this piece of art!
  14. Nov 19, 2013
    The level of intelligence depicted by the writer is just amazing, it keeps getting better by the season. one of my best tv series of all time, super acting, great suspense. big ups to Vince Gilligan.
  15. Oct 23, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!!!! Easily one of the best TV shows I've ever seen. I will defineately watch this masterpiece by Vince Gilligan again. It has many very memorable moments that I will not forget in a long while. SPOILERS!!! Like, "This is not meth", Gus Frings face off, Walter's death, the death of krazy-8, Mikes death, Hanks death, the plane crash and the little kid with stoner parents. And the characters I will never forget. Even the characters you dont see very often like Brock and Skinny Pete are very memorable and likeable and Walts and Jessies timeless quotes like and Flynns breakfasts. I will miss this series so much.
    (I will probably rewatch it again anyways!)
  16. Sep 6, 2013
    The best episode ever walked on the TV. Breaking Bad is the most interesting scenario the most interesting characters, good playing actors in General could not be better
  17. Sep 21, 2013
    Jusqu'à présent la meilleure série que j'ai pu voir, les acteurs sont fantastiques(pas seulement Walter mais aussi Jesse, Hank ou bien Gustavo..). Breaking bad c'est pleins de petite scènes de la vie quotidienne de nos héros, du rasage de walt aux défonsse de jesse, puis c'est aussi des prises de vue spéciales, avec des angles étranges, des caméras embarqués sur une partie du corps dansJusqu'à présent la meilleure série que j'ai pu voir, les acteurs sont fantastiques(pas seulement Walter mais aussi Jesse, Hank ou bien Gustavo..). Breaking bad c'est pleins de petite scènes de la vie quotidienne de nos héros, du rasage de walt aux défonsse de jesse, puis c'est aussi des prises de vue spéciales, avec des angles étranges, des caméras embarqués sur une partie du corps dans certaines prises...
    Et puis de l'émotion, bcp d'émotions.
    10/10 et même plus
  18. Sep 23, 2013
    Just Best TV SHOW EVER. Bryan Cranston FTW. Season 5b is just brilliant, from acting of all the team, to the script. Vince is a genius, who created epic story lane and never forgot about details.
  19. Sep 24, 2013
    I started watching this show in October of 2012 on Netflix. I couldn't believe how addicted I was after watching the first two episodes. Now here I am 5 seasons later and I'm still just as hooked. I believe Breaking Bad has set a new standard for what modern-day TV dramas should strive after. I'm a little saddened that this is the end, however I'm happy at the same time because this hasI started watching this show in October of 2012 on Netflix. I couldn't believe how addicted I was after watching the first two episodes. Now here I am 5 seasons later and I'm still just as hooked. I believe Breaking Bad has set a new standard for what modern-day TV dramas should strive after. I'm a little saddened that this is the end, however I'm happy at the same time because this has been one helluva ride. Expand
  20. Sep 26, 2013
    F*cking genius show that you'll never forget. Breaking bad is simply the best show I have ever seen in national television. Easy to follow, unpredictable, amazing, stunning, addicting, controversial, awe me material. This show is like a million bucks in front of you.
  21. Sep 28, 2013
    There is a reason why this show is compared to the likes of The Sopranos and The Wire as one of, if not the best TV drama series of all of television. The show is not as glamorous as Mad Men, or as opinionated and self-righteous as any of Aaron Sorkin's work. It is a simple story that is told in the masterful of writing, directing and performances. I hope this review does not undersell it,There is a reason why this show is compared to the likes of The Sopranos and The Wire as one of, if not the best TV drama series of all of television. The show is not as glamorous as Mad Men, or as opinionated and self-righteous as any of Aaron Sorkin's work. It is a simple story that is told in the masterful of writing, directing and performances. I hope this review does not undersell it, because this show truly is as addictive as it's subject-product (meth). Many shows start off great and lose their way (Dexter, Heroes). But not Breaking Bad. Breaking Bad is one of the few dramas on television that gets better season by season. I can't get enough of this show, because to me it is groundbreaking and it is definitely going out with a bang. Expand
  22. Sep 28, 2013
    This is the best TV show ever made, and most likely the best there ever will be. Superb story, amazing writing, amazing acting, flawless directing and beautiful cinematography. It's such a shame that the show is finishing. Vince Gilligan has created TVs greatest anti-hero and a TV show which is Genius. This show is a much watch TV show.
  23. Sep 29, 2013
    the greatest story ever told.The fifth and final season of the American television drama series Breaking Bad premiered on July 15, 2012. The 16-episode season is split into two parts, each containing eight episodes. AMC broadcast the first part of the fifth season on Sundays at 10:00 pm ET in the United States and Canada, and the second part airs on Sundays at 9:00 pm. The second halfthe greatest story ever told.The fifth and final season of the American television drama series Breaking Bad premiered on July 15, 2012. The 16-episode season is split into two parts, each containing eight episodes. AMC broadcast the first part of the fifth season on Sundays at 10:00 pm ET in the United States and Canada, and the second part airs on Sundays at 9:00 pm. The second half debuted August 11, 2013.[9] It debuted in the UK and Ireland on Netflix, showing one day after the episodes aired in the U.S. and Canada.[10]
    After receiving three nominations, for seasons two, three, and four, the first half of season 5 won the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Drama Series in 2013.
  24. Sep 30, 2013
    The. Greatest. Show. Ever. In. The. History. Of. Television. Period.....................................................................................................................
  25. Sep 30, 2013
    One of the greatest shows ever, and I really mean that. The final episode doesn't make the serie, the last episode is made of all the things that goes before. Fantastic.
  26. May 25, 2014
    Breaking Bad is the best show of all time. Everybody does an outstanding job and the story just keeps on getting better. The cinematography is great and the soundtrack is good. This is a must see.
  27. Oct 9, 2013
    For the people who gave up on Breaking Bad years ago, you're idiots. I loved season five and I am so glad that it has gotten so much recognition within the last two years. When I started watching Breaking Bad it had a small but active fan base and all of a sudden it exploded into a worldwide phenomenon!
  28. Oct 4, 2013
    Being probably the best drama ever seen on TV, Breaking Bad has already made history!

The satisfying finale gave the show the perfect goodbye to fans and viewers and left basically only one question unanswered: What shall we do with our lives, now that the show has ended?
  29. Oct 12, 2013
    Plain and simple: ONE THE BEST DRAMA SERIES I HAVE EVER WATCHED! Breaking Bad is a work of art brilliant script, fantastic characters and flawless delivery from the directors and producers. The finale was just incredible and leaves your completely satisfied, not wanting more.
  30. Oct 13, 2013
    Absolutely stunning, the best tv show of the decade. Everything is freaking perfect: actors, characters, screenplay, every detail. And with the series finale Br Ba just consolidated as the best.
  31. Oct 15, 2013
    Easily one, if not the, greatest show that has been premiered on television. The acting, atmosphere, cinematography, writing and directing is some of the best you will ever see. With each episode in season 5b, I would tell myself that that was the best episode of television I have ever seen, however; with each episode they showed, they continued to exceed my expectations and blow me away.Easily one, if not the, greatest show that has been premiered on television. The acting, atmosphere, cinematography, writing and directing is some of the best you will ever see. With each episode in season 5b, I would tell myself that that was the best episode of television I have ever seen, however; with each episode they showed, they continued to exceed my expectations and blow me away. Every scene is important and every moment will leave you breathless and anxious for the next episode. Breaking Bad is definitely a masterpiece. All hail the king. Expand
  32. Nov 25, 2013
    this is absolutely the best series ever made in the hole history of tv,this finale of the series couldn't be so great,i will miss breaking bad in my hole life.
  33. Oct 18, 2013
    I remember telling my friends to watch Breaking Bad during its second year. They all dismissed the television show, believing that drama revolving around a highschool teacher cooking meth had no depth to its plot.
    Boy were they wrong.
    Boy were they wrong.
    I remember watching each season with a sense of impending doom; wondering when it would degrade in quality. But I was pleasantly surprised year after year with yet another improvement to the tale. Beginning as a modest television series and ending as one of the greatest dramas of all time, I'm glad to have watched this show from its humble origins to its intensely anticipated conclusion. To wrap this all up, I'd like to note that I have seen dozens upon dozens of television shows but can safely say, without a trace of doubt, that there has never been so difficult to watch a series come to a close. I'm going to miss my favorite drug lord.
  34. Oct 19, 2013
    The first 4 seasons feels like a guided ride to the epic conclusion of this series. Walter White transformation feels credible, charming and it lets you feel what he feels while is becoming a monster inside. You might think he always wanted redemption, but all of this made him feel alive.
  35. Oct 29, 2013
    This season is a masterpiece. The actors are playing like top Oscars ones but on a deeper level the cinematography behind all those scenes is brilliant. All the characters are written in a complex, deep and fascinating way. The ending is perfect, finally telling us why Walt did not stop cooking even if he had lots of opportunities.
  36. Nov 11, 2013
    It is very rare I would give anything a rating of 10/10.
    And it is extremely rare I would say that something is the best thing ever made in its category.
    So in this case, and I am 100% sure of it, Breaking Bad is the best TV Show ever made. Since I have just come to review it now, I'm going to review the whole show, not just season 5. I'm not going to into details of the plot, so no
    It is very rare I would give anything a rating of 10/10.

Since I have just come to review it now, I'm going to review the whole show, not just season 5. I'm not going to into details of the plot, so no spoilers, but I'm basically going to say why it made me feel as if it is the best. No other show has made me so tense, so excited to watch the next episode. Luckily for me, I watched all of it on Netflix, and most of the time I kept feeling sorry for people who had to cope with waiting a week for the next episode, and then when the season finished, a LONG time for the next handful. 6 years. That's how long some people spent watching this show, yet I only spent a month, and I loved every second of watching! If you really get into the show, you will have moments when you're up out of your seat, waiting for what's about to happen. Truly amazing.

The best thing of this show, in my opinion, is the characters. I don't think anything has ever made me empathize so much with characters of their franchise. Walt, a chemistry teacher who needs money desperately, becomes quickly evil and makes some terrible decisions. Jesse (my favourite), a young adult who hasn't had a brilliant start to his life, always ends up in the wrong place at the wrong time. And there's more, all of which you see their part and story in the show.

To sum up, if you haven't watched it watch it. There's no other option, you don't know what you're missing out on. I will really miss Breaking Bad, I'm deeply sad it's over, but also happy it could make me feel like that.
  37. Nov 14, 2013
    This is the best serie ever made! The acting, the characters, the plot, everything is really good, and this last season couldn't be different. This serie have 99.1% of purity!
  38. Jan 4, 2014
    For some reason my review gave it 6/10, i actually gave the show 10/10! Now i must type letters until i get to one hundred and fifty characters to submit this review.
  39. May 5, 2014
    You will be kept on the edge of your seat as the insanity of Walter White's drug empire grows. It is by far the best show on television in recent years, and the final season is no exception.
  40. Jan 13, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Breaking Bad Finale, predictable? NO
    The finale of Breaking Bad; the cleverly crafted hit television series by Vince Gilligan, has mind boggled viewers across the nation with every second through unpredictable deaths and events that not even a psychic could see coming. First of all, I would beyond recommend the entire series to all interested in a thrilling collection of episodes that all get wrapped up at the tail end; the finale. Lasting longer than its predecessors, the lengthy time is necessary to tie up all of the questioned loose ends. As the episode kicks off, Walter White (the main character better known as the kingpin drug lord called Heisenberg in the methamphetamine industry) is at a bar near his isolated temporary home where he started his new life to escape Albuquerque. He notices on the television that his former business partners who excluded him from their riches prior to Walter investing in meth have called him out in front of the public. After deciding that he should go confront them, it is apparent that he is going to kill the both of them. The first surprise that stumped me was that he pulled out his fortune from making meth and places it all out on the table instructing them to give it to his son shall he be jailed for the rest of his life due to the uncountable number of deaths that he has been responsible for. Based on Walt’s past solutions, this was a very unpredictable outcome. The next surprise comes when Walt is attempting to confirm with the two business partners that they will give the money to his son and not keep it for them and exclaims that he hired two hit men to keep an eye on the two. After a red dot appears on the chests of the two, Walt drives away and picks up the two so called “hit men” who just happen to be the two druggies from the earlier seasons that used to purchase meth from Walt! Another factor that adds into the continuous unpredictability of this episode is the constant flashbacks that Walt and Jesse tend to have such as the one where Walt remembers the ricin cigarette that was hidden at his old house or maybe the one where he flashes back to a family dinner with the head of police in Albuquerque who just so happens to be his brother in law. These two flashbacks are ironic because they bring about two very opposite occurrences that show how much Walt has “broken bad” and nobody could have seen coming. Although these two flashbacks prove that the entire series has been unpredictable, my opinion is that the last one is the most surprising compared to all of the others because of the frequency of the surprises that happen every few seconds it seems like. During this entire extravaganza I found myself on my toes and biting my finger nails with raised anxiety while trying to guess what would happen next. The next surprise of the episode was when Walt randomly shows up to his former competitors in the meth world enjoying lunch together and out of nowhere decides to pull a sly move and slip poison into one of their coffees. This is extremely unpredictable because the average viewer assumed that Walt’s drug world affiliation was terminated after he realized the destruction that occurred yet still decided to take one last jab at the competitor. I only guessed that it was because he knew his victorious run was over and he wanted his former meth product out of stock. Possibly the biggest unpredictable event occurs a few moments and a commercial later when Walter White’s wife is on the phone and hears that Walt is back in town after going missing in action and acts very astonished by this remark. She then hangs up and the camera shifts a few inches and believe it or not…Walt is standing there and it is revealed that she knew the whole time. This can be compared to the episode prior when it seems that Walt has no intentions of returning to his hometown and plans to carry out his cancer stricken life in the woods alone. This event suggests that Walt has some unfinished business to take care of back in Albuquerque. The unfinished business turns out to be settling the score with the gang members who ended his reign and in a sense got him caught and murdered his brother in law and plan to take over the drug business. After a cleverly crafted weapon of Walt’s fires hundreds of times, Walt ends up lying on the floor ducking under cover. He gets up and walks to the meth lab seeming to be unscathed but then comes the shocker. Now, everyone who was interested in this marvelous show had their own predictions about what would happen but I am sure that many had not chosen the main character of the entire 5 season series of whom many of us have come to know and love would die at the end. Yep! That’s it; Walt was grazed by a bullet and bled out ending the story to what was possibly one of the most emotionally gripping series that is most commonly compared to the famous series “the sopranos,” that I have ever watched. From not knowing who would pass on next to not knowing how it would be wrapped up, the final episode of Breaking Bad was very intriguing but most of all unpredictable.
  41. May 8, 2014
    Breaking Bad is the Greatest show of our generation and one of the greatest of all times! It's just so GREAT! The show is very realistic. It's basically like the Godfather but TV Show!
    Perfect 10 out of 10!
  42. Jan 17, 2014
    Breaking Bad is no tv show. It is an addictibg lifestyle and a work of art. Vince Gilligan is an artist, Bruan Cranston and Aaron Paul brilliant & the writing is second to none. Truly tbe finest series ever made.
  43. Jan 23, 2014
    The Godfather of television. It's almost real-time, sometimes slower. In it's own pace of world that it sinks you in, without commitment to, and there's no return. Next thing you know you've watched 2 hrs of fuming drama. Written so unexpected, even if you know what is to happen, it ingeniously plays with you. A perfect summer show to get high to in the sweaty heat.
  44. Feb 1, 2014
    The end couldn't be more perfect. The way Walter learns his end was the highlight of this TV series.
    The final battle to save Jesse Pinkman was also nice. The transformation of Pinkman was nicely continued over into this season
  45. Mar 27, 2014
    Vince Gilligan, you absolute legend for creating this. A brilliant final season from my favourite TV series of all time.................. enough said.
  46. Mar 21, 2014
    A victim of the hype train, Breaking Bad never quite lives up to the expectations thrust upon you by the media, your friends, family and their pets. Though the story is often at times gripping, there are too many episodes which fail to push the narrative forward in any meaningful way. I also take issue with the fact that the most relatable character is a sociopath, and that there areA victim of the hype train, Breaking Bad never quite lives up to the expectations thrust upon you by the media, your friends, family and their pets. Though the story is often at times gripping, there are too many episodes which fail to push the narrative forward in any meaningful way. I also take issue with the fact that the most relatable character is a sociopath, and that there are awkward moments where you actively root for him to do the wrong thing / commit serious crimes simply out of spite towards some of the more terrible cast (Marie is high on my all time list of most annoying characters). It's not The Wire, but it's certainly worth watching if you have a few weeks of down time, as this isn't really the sort of show that benefits from marathon watching. Expand
  47. Apr 18, 2014
    Best TV show I have ever seen. It is going to be hard to make a TV show as good as this one. The last 3 episodes of this final season were suspenseful and incredible. Kept me on the edge of my seat the whole time.
  48. May 6, 2014
    As in this case sometimes words are not enough to portray the greatness of some things. This is the case of Breaking Bad. I am sincerely thankful that I had the chance to watch this fine piece of art.

If you ever wondered what a perfect TV series could look like, just take a look at Breaking Bad. Once you do, you'll be hooked to it just like to a hardcore drug. I doubt that in my lifespan I'll ever be able to watch something that would be better than Breaking Bad! Honestly!!!!
  49. Jul 8, 2014
    Breaking Bad Season 5 is simply the best thing that has ever happened on television, if not on any media.
    The most epic cliffhangers, the best acting and the most incredible twists I have ever seen. I seriously doubt there will ever be anything even remotely comparable to this.
    The rating here says it all, basically everybody agrees that this is perfection ! As Anthony Hopkins wrote to
    As Anthony Hopkins wrote to Bryan Cranston, after having binge watched the show:

"I have never watched anything like it. Brilliant!
    [...]
    Your performance as Walter White was the best acting I have seen - ever.

I know there is so much smoke blowing and sickening **** in this business, and I've sort of lost belief in anything really.

But this work of yours is spectacular - absolutely stunning. What is extraordinary, is the sheer power of everyone in the entire production. What was it? Five or six years in the making? How the producers (yourself being one of them), the writers, directors, cinematographers.... every department - casting etc. managed to keep the discipline and control from beginning to the end is (that over used word) awesome.

From what started as a black comedy, descended into a labyrinth of blood, destruction and hell. It was like a great Jacobean, Shakespearian or Greek Tragedy.

[...]
    Congratulations and my deepest respect. You are truly a great, great actor."
  50. Jul 16, 2012
    this is the best show that will ever be....every season just gets better and better. the writing is perfect. the acting is perfect. who could possibly give this show a negative review?!?!
  51. Jul 23, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. There has been no show in television history as thrilling, or as interesting as Breaking Bad. Each season has built the tension in a plausible and intricately detailed way. I was a little worried by the season 5 opener. The caper slash buddy story with the humorous character at the junk yard stretched the series hard won credibility a bit too much. Whipping up an untraceable Uhaul truck and driving into a Police facility just days after a major incident seems a little too "A-Team" for my taste. I am reassured by the second season 5 episode "Madrigal". The thoughtful plotting, great acting, as well the traditional Breaking Bad attention to detail is what makes the series stand out. Mike is a complex, 3 dimensional character, neither all good or all bad. Glad to see him get more screen time. Walter's scene with Skyler was downright chilling. Expand
  52. Jul 27, 2012
    With season 4's brilliance being such a tough act to follow, I was thrilled to see Season 5 keeping up the deep, dark intensity and gripping unpredictable plot that got so many of us addicted to this nailbiting series. Breaking Bad never fails to entertain to the max!
  53. Jul 25, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The realism that the director manages to create in every scene is simply outstanding, and I would never have imagined that a show could be capable of being this good. Trying to watch other good tv shows is now a futile exercise, they're just a letdown if you've watched any breaking bad recently. If any viewers can't get past the first few episodes and start to love each character then you are missing out on the best show ever made. Thoroughly rewarding, you will get emotional. Expand
  54. Jul 27, 2012
    Most shows have a sucky finales. This one will have few great ones!. The show put me off in the first few episodes. But then it proved to be, extremely fun to watch. I couldn't get off the tv watching the episodes one after another until the end of season 4. Man I thought that was the season finale. 99% of the tv shows have amazingly bad finale. This one has a greatly satisfying one atMost shows have a sucky finales. This one will have few great ones!. The show put me off in the first few episodes. But then it proved to be, extremely fun to watch. I couldn't get off the tv watching the episodes one after another until the end of season 4. Man I thought that was the season finale. 99% of the tv shows have amazingly bad finale. This one has a greatly satisfying one at season 4. So now I am very surprised to see season 5, but hey that is really hot. Expand
  55. Jul 15, 2012
    Impressive.
    I wasn´t expecting such a premiere. Fast, nervous, dark, tense and that leaves such a wild and wide plot chances to the future. Still the best show on television.
  56. Jul 24, 2012
    This is the best show i have ever seen in my entire life. I watched many shows before..Cartoons,comedy,drama, all sorts of shows and all kind of shows. None of the shows in all my life time could do what this show does. From season 1 i was hook, watched all 4 seasons in 2 weeks! That's how good it is. Season 5 is no different, full of suspense, action, a bit of everything. It is an amazingThis is the best show i have ever seen in my entire life. I watched many shows before..Cartoons,comedy,drama, all sorts of shows and all kind of shows. None of the shows in all my life time could do what this show does. From season 1 i was hook, watched all 4 seasons in 2 weeks! That's how good it is. Season 5 is no different, full of suspense, action, a bit of everything. It is an amazing show, the best show i've ever seen. Expand
  57. Dec 15, 2012
    Breaking Bad is one of those weird TV series that sets the bar too high and keeps it high up there, never delivering less and something blowing it way higher, the series is coming to a close, and I can't name any actor on this series whom I disliked, Bryan Cranston definitively kills it as Walter
  58. Jul 22, 2012
    This show is simply amazing. The plot, the characters, the character development, the script, the music...they're all great. There are a few slower episodes, but the vast majority of the are action-packed and will keep you on the edge of your seat. 10.
  59. Jul 16, 2012
    The whole thing has been raised to a new level with season 5, which I didn't even think was possible. Walt is scarier and more watchable than ever. Just the best show on TV, period.
  60. Jul 16, 2012
    Breaking Bad is back and as good as ever. The best acting I've seen on Tv or in movies, chocked full of symbolism, and one of the few shows nowadays that you have to pay attention to. Walter White has no one to put him down any longer so I think we'll become even more acquainted with Heisenberg than with past seasons.
  61. Jul 16, 2012
    Never before has there been such a TV show (though Twin Peaks and the Sopranos came close). Breaking Bad was, is, and will continue to be an artistic marvel.
  62. Aug 27, 2012
    I'm not sure how to put this into words, but Breaking Bad has become somewhat of an obsession of mine since I caught the 1st episode on Blu-ray several months ago. Every episode builds on the last and becomes more and more and MORE intense...something I haven't encountered in awhile. It's on par with 'LOST', 'Six Feet Under', and some of the best series television has ever aired. This isI'm not sure how to put this into words, but Breaking Bad has become somewhat of an obsession of mine since I caught the 1st episode on Blu-ray several months ago. Every episode builds on the last and becomes more and more and MORE intense...something I haven't encountered in awhile. It's on par with 'LOST', 'Six Feet Under', and some of the best series television has ever aired. This is truly benchmark TV against which all others should be judged. The acting, the cinematography, the writing, all about as close to perfect as TV gets. Thank you Breaking Bad for making my rising cable bill actually worth it. Expand
  63. Aug 12, 2012
    I'm gonna keep this short and simple:
    Breaking bad is right now a legendary show; season 5 is just the cherry on top, an absolute masterpiece about the final decadence of human nature in extreme circumstances.
  64. Sep 1, 2012
    Honestly the best show on tv if not all time. A show that never has a dull moment, a masterpiece that should not be missed by anyone. The acting is amazing, the plot, audio and visual quality is through the roof. 10/10.
  65. Jul 18, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The opening scene, like the past seasons of Breaking Bad rewards those who pay close attention to detail. The very first thing you see in the premiere of breaking bad is an older Walt celebrating his 52 birthday, which if we all remember is exactly how the very first episode in season 1 began with Walt celebrating his 50th birthday, eating eggs and making a big 50 with pieces of bacon. The more attention you pay to the show, the more you'll be rewarded. By far the best drama on television. Expand
  66. Jul 26, 2012
    It's such a shame that this is Breaking Bad's final season. It is one of the best shows on TV,and if Bryan Cranston and his colleagues don't get a slew of Emmeys, I'll eat my hat. Shows this good usually have spin-offs, so it's possible we will see some of these characters again, although not all of them, of course. Many will probably be six feet under by the end of this season. HowIt's such a shame that this is Breaking Bad's final season. It is one of the best shows on TV,and if Bryan Cranston and his colleagues don't get a slew of Emmeys, I'll eat my hat. Shows this good usually have spin-offs, so it's possible we will see some of these characters again, although not all of them, of course. Many will probably be six feet under by the end of this season. How could it be otherwise? Expand
  67. Jul 23, 2012
    ultimate..... ultimate.....ultimate..............ultimate..................ultimate...................ultimate.........ultimate............ultimate...................ultimate
  68. Sep 16, 2013
    Simply the best TV show in the history. Every season gets better and better, the level is always high that you must fall in love with this series. It's all PERFECT, the acting, the characters, the screenplay. Just PERFECT. You can't find anything like this, it's a masterpiece and a must-watch.
  69. Jul 25, 2012
    Arguably the greatest drama of the 21st century. Captivated by Vince Gilligan's amazing writing and Bryan Cranston's performance as drug kingpin Walter White, Breaking Bad has set the standard for what true quality television should be. And the best part? It's only gotten better and better as each season passes by, constantly having ourselves question the decisions Mr. White decides to make.
  70. Jul 18, 2012
    Breaking Bad's season 5 opener maintains the high quality that won the series so many devoted fans.. This is gripping, suspenseful television at its finest featuring excellent acting, writing and directing. You have no reason not to watch this show.
  71. Jul 15, 2012
    Unbelievable.
    I was too septic by the overwhelming kind of reviews I´ve read to this show, so I started to watch it and, honesty, it´s the best TV show I´ve ever seen. Bryan Cranston is just superb in this role, with no flaws or overacting. Season 5 started as the BOOM we heard in the season 4 finale. It´s a marvel that surpass the greatness of The Sopranos and The Wire.
  72. Jul 17, 2012
    Breaking Bad is back!
    Breaking Bad is one of the best tv series of all time. Just amazing. Everything is prefect, the acting is very very good. Bryan Cranston is one of my favorite actors and he play amazing in this TV series. Just the best!!!
  73. Jul 26, 2012
    I can't even began to describe, majorly, the acting and writing of Breaking Bad. Until the release of season five I simply thought that "it can't go better than this", but then i saw the first episode of season five, in the end I thought to my self that I had witness television history, pure 43 minutes of drama perfection.
  74. Oct 3, 2012
    The first half of Breaking Bad's fifth season may not be the roller coaster ride that Season 4 was, but it did an excellent job at setting the stage for the final half of the season which will undoubtedly be the biggest roller coaster ride television may ever see.
  75. Sep 4, 2012
    The best parts of The Sopranos and Macbeth fused and brought to TV. Tight dialogue, excellent cinematography, perfectly paced, awesome soundtrack... what more could one ask for?
  76. Nov 29, 2012
    In season 5 the show stays true to its "keep-them-guessing" format. Walt is coming to grips with his decisions and has fully accepted the consequences of his decisions and this is mirrored in his behavior. He is more comfortable with who he has become and is sure in what he must do to earn his new drug lord title. The series continues to get more intense as it reaches its culmination. TheIn season 5 the show stays true to its "keep-them-guessing" format. Walt is coming to grips with his decisions and has fully accepted the consequences of his decisions and this is mirrored in his behavior. He is more comfortable with who he has become and is sure in what he must do to earn his new drug lord title. The series continues to get more intense as it reaches its culmination. The writer's uncanny ability to keep the viewer highly invested in this thrilling adventure never ceases to amaze. 5 Thumbs way up! Expand
  77. Aug 3, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The progression throughout Breaking bad is amazing! Season 1: you sympathize him; he's man with cancer doing something bad for the right reasons-anyone would do the same. But then in season 2 he begins to become greedy: his avarice empowers him, which is particularly highlighted when he lets Jane die, 'till finally the symbolic plain crash is caused. Then, even with this greedy nature of Walt's, we still sympathize him in season's 3 and 4 since he is being forced, and he is now an "anti-hero" we enjoy watching a complicated bad guy. But now season 5 is the most complicated season of all: Walt's a villain!!! He's killed gus and is Heisenberg. As he strives for his empire every other character is destroyed and become miserable, and then right when he repairs the situation Hank, who has been traumatized by all his experiences that were caused by Walt, has his realization. Never in my life have I seen a better array of complex, sophisticated characters. Expand
  78. Aug 13, 2013
    Best F'in show on TV! The season 4 finale was really amazing and Walt's character is evolving into a beast. The bad news is that the bar for television shows is so high, I doubt I'll enjoy anything else for a very long time. Before starting Breaking Bad Season 1, I was so fed up with the garbage on TV (cough... every show on Bravo) that I considered going to church!

"I am the one who knocks!"
  79. Sep 24, 2013
    The perfect blend of Action, Comedy, Suspense and the most beautiful progression of a plot I may have ever seen Makes this season finale the most anticipated finale for me this year.
  80. Sep 6, 2012
    The narrative of this show is so finely crafted that completely unpredictable twists appear to fit seamlessly with the grand story arc. The characters are portrayed so well that you don't even have to like them to appreciate all of the nuance, and suspense is at an all-time high. The fifth episode "Dead Freight" ends in such a way that even hard-boiled fans will find it appalling (andThe narrative of this show is so finely crafted that completely unpredictable twists appear to fit seamlessly with the grand story arc. The characters are portrayed so well that you don't even have to like them to appreciate all of the nuance, and suspense is at an all-time high. The fifth episode "Dead Freight" ends in such a way that even hard-boiled fans will find it appalling (and brilliant). Cranston, Gilligan and the Breaking Bad crew have done the impossible with these first eight episodes: they've made Americans fall in love with an amoral meth dealer. But I think I speak for us all when I say that we wouldn't want it any other way. Expand
  81. Oct 2, 2012
    An easy 10! One of the greatest series ever! especially this season was amazing. It had it all, imagination, action, power, great strategic mover, excellent direction, insightful psychological view on characters. I strongly recommend everyone to watch it!
  82. Oct 7, 2013
    breaking bad???????
    i am shocked what happend in the last.......
    woooowwwwwww.
    there is a clear different beetwin this show and lost
    bb is more better than lost
  83. Aug 28, 2013
    Season 5 kicks in t breakneck speed, each episode leaving me rubbing my hands together in excitement. If this season continues to a conclusion as strong as the episodes so far it will take the crown of the best television show to date.
  84. Oct 28, 2013
    Breaking Bad is the most flawless show beginning to end I've ever seen. It portrays a man pushed out of his norm by a life threatening disease that makes him fearless, or "awake" in his words. I watched from the pilot to the finale, and was not once disappointed. Some people may be turned off by the utilization of drugs in the storyline, but those are shallow individuals.
  85. Sep 6, 2013
    This is the best show in the history of tv shows, PERIOD! If someone complains about putting less than 8, is that simply has no culture or criticize and just want to be contrary, their arguments will be invalid in what you say.
  86. Sep 28, 2013
    boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner boner
  87. Jan 12, 2013
    Not my favorite of the breaking bad seasons but still excellent none the less. Great acting, good story, etc... This show has been consistently excellent from the beginning.
  88. Jun 20, 2013
    Even though it is only eight episodes. it still is better than 95% of other shows. The ending of the last episode sets up perfectly to have this show go out with a bang.
  89. Oct 6, 2013
    Season 5 started out rather slow,but the second half more than made up for it.....what an ending to A truly great series..They really did an incredible job of bringing the series to an end with the second half of season 5,,,just about the best television I believe I have ever seen
  90. Oct 9, 2013
    Breaking Bad is possibly the best written show in the history of television. Gilligan has hit a pinnacle in story-telling ability for this show and crafted a masterful work of art out his brilliant mind with the help of other very talented writers alongside him. Breaking Bad has really raised the bar for television dramas with its energy, ambition, and creativity as well as jumpstartBreaking Bad is possibly the best written show in the history of television. Gilligan has hit a pinnacle in story-telling ability for this show and crafted a masterful work of art out his brilliant mind with the help of other very talented writers alongside him. Breaking Bad has really raised the bar for television dramas with its energy, ambition, and creativity as well as jumpstart careers for a few actors like Aaron Paul. I'm really looking forward to more work by Gilligan because he has proven himself a far more capable writer than we would have imagined in our generation. Expand
  91. Nov 28, 2013
    Up to now I have only ever rated films or tv programmes out of 9.9 on the basis that I may find something perfect one day in the future but felt this was unlikely. Even though 9.9 was my theoretical maximum, the highest I ever rated any production was 9.2 and this went to the film "It's a wonderful life". Having watched all 5 seasons of Breaking Bad twice now, I am more than happy to rateUp to now I have only ever rated films or tv programmes out of 9.9 on the basis that I may find something perfect one day in the future but felt this was unlikely. Even though 9.9 was my theoretical maximum, the highest I ever rated any production was 9.2 and this went to the film "It's a wonderful life". Having watched all 5 seasons of Breaking Bad twice now, I am more than happy to rate it a perfect 10, having been convinced that nothing better will now ever be made. The story, acting, drama, music, cinematograph and, suspense are like nothing ever seen before. That's enough for now, I'm off to watch it for a third time. Expand
  92. Jul 19, 2012
    Best show on television great writing,acting and excellent scripting It looks like its gonna be another wild ride this season .Magnets! Crazy .
  93. Sep 7, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This season arguably has some of the best episodes to be aired in the Breaking Bad series: the use of magnets on the police evidence storage, the train heist, the fallout from Gus' death, the attempts by both Mike and Jessie to sell off their interests; all these (and more) should keep you at the edge of your seat.

There is a slight problem, however, depending on how you look at it. Vince Gilligan seems to be determined to show that drug dealing is inherently evil. Walt hasn't just "broken bad" in terms of breaking the law; he is a villain-protagonist as of season 5. Could Walt have always been like this? Could the affable, mild-mannered, conscientious teacher, father and husband have been evil the whole time? Perhaps, but it seems mighty convenient to suit the moralistic position of the writers. Less forgiveable than character changes (which Skylar also, thankfully, has gone through), are holes in the writing. The greatest sin is the "Brock poisoning" plot a ridiculous, impossible feat pulled off by Walt in Season 4 that was ultimately inconsequential. Whilst one may have been willing to forget about it entirely, the ramifications of it become crucial in Season 5 which is just plain trying as a viewer.

Overall though, good fun, and nice set pieces. Just don't expect to get emotionally involved particularly with favourites such as Mike (who behaves uncharacteristically incautiously in his ultimate scene). It will be no surprise if Walt gets his comeuppance in the end but this is due to the Gilligan's overweening morality rather than logical design.
  94. Sep 19, 2012
    Unsurprisingly, another world class season of television from Vince and the crew. It remains 'Breaking Bad' all over, as the writing and direction toys with its new found freedom - a freedom spawning some refreshingly open and quirky creative vibes. On the other side of the spectrum, we have the acting, with its superiority simply being implied under the name of the show.

The missing

The missing fifteen percent here, however, can be accounted for as the result of a seemingly forced seasonal transition. Although the first couple of episodes were great within themselves, they seemed somewhat misplaced in the midst of the series as a whole. In particular, the 'create and resolve' stretch and predictability of the first episode's antics was a moment I caught myself with skeptically squinted eyes. However, Breaking Bad was (of course) back into the swing of things before I could even finish my sandwich. In summary, this is one of few shows worth your time. Thank you, Vince!
  95. Feb 17, 2014
    Having been a great fan of the series, I was slightly disappointed by the fifth series. First of all, I was hoping that Gus death would somehow solve Walt problems and enable him to wrap up his business. Unfortunately, Walt's delusion of being a big bad boss carries him too far and entangle him in even bigger trouble he had with Gus.
    Then I was really disappointed with the development of
    Then I was really disappointed with the development of the Jesse situation. I didn't buy into this rather dumb character turned into somebody standing on higher moral ground and disgusted by the money he made cooking meth. The whole part of the plot with Jesse distributing money is plain silly, moralistic and unbelievable.
    Finally, the "expansion" of the business to Europe sounded like stretching the plot a bit too far, not to mention that getting rid of Mike and Jesse also eliminated some of the most interesting interactions.
    Unfortunately we got far too much interaction between Sky and her unbearable sister. I really regret the fact that the main female characters were all so unpleasant, without any of the dark appeal Walt (and even Mike) had. Also, the last two episodes were really "heavy" to watch, without a single moment of relief. I really regretted the fact that this series which started out as a dark comedy turned into such a humorless tale of crime and punishment.
    At least, they had the good sense of stop here, without dragging it any further.
  96. Oct 11, 2013
    I really wish I could share every ones love for the show but honestly it just kinda lost me after the end of season four, that last season was unforgivable I'm sorry but starting with Gus' death the whole cartoon-like scene of him walking away from what should have incinerated him with his face half blown off, I get it they were going for the whole artistic irony thing but it was so out ofI really wish I could share every ones love for the show but honestly it just kinda lost me after the end of season four, that last season was unforgivable I'm sorry but starting with Gus' death the whole cartoon-like scene of him walking away from what should have incinerated him with his face half blown off, I get it they were going for the whole artistic irony thing but it was so out of place and it threw the whole season and the whole show off since Gus had taken over the show along with Skylar. Then everything that Mike did after that was complete they made him out to be a really intelligent hitman that would never let anyone get the best of him unless they truly were better than him, and he was about to leave town just as his character would realistically do but then Walt spouts some that Mike would never have bought but he does and somehow he ends up helping the guy that just destroyed his entire life. it made no sense. I miss the early seasons when Walt and Jesse were actually out there up on their own before Walt became Gus' and the show started focusing more on Skylar's than Walt I felt like Walt became a side character because everything kept coming back to her either something up or having to be the final decision for some stupid reason. If they had killed her off when they needed to I might have been able to bear the other uninteresting but not quite as annoying as her characters Last season jumped the shark up until that I would consider it great show not amazing, certainly not the best show ever seeing as they wrote themselves into a corner and that's why it didn't last this show should not have ended at 5 seasons. Finally I wanna bring one more thing up about the last season there were several episodes in which characters' (mainly Walt) dialogue directly points out the shows own absurdities and makes you question how stupid the entire series is, I know it's a ridiculous thing to take seriously but for a show that prides itself on originality and it's sense of realism don't have your main character openly point out how stupid he was to think that he could somehow give his family millions of dollars of drug money without it getting seized and admit that everything hes done since the start of the show was incredibly stupid. that is exactly what audiences deliberately overlook for the sake of enjoying the story without nitpicking; but when you nitpick your own show right in front of us how am i supposed to respect that. Expand
  97. Aug 22, 2012
    After four seasons, Breaking Bad continues the gripping story, unique direction all brought to life with flawless acting. How does the fifth season remain as good as the first? I have no idea --- but the luster remains. Easily one of the best dramas on television and worthy of your time.
  98. Oct 1, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The Best Serie EVER!!!
    I already miss the next episode, Bryan the greatest actor i ever see on tv series!
    Just perfect this serie, come back MR. WHITE!
  99. Sep 30, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I'm probably the only person who thinks this show is highly overrated. It's a matter of opinion that I never really liked any of the characters. At best, Saul made me chuckle, Walt made me wince, Jessie made me groan and Hank and Maria made me sigh. My favorite character (Gus) and my favorite season (4) were the highlights of the show. Season 5 delved into depths I didn't care about specifically, shooting and killing kids. Yes, I know it's purely fiction but it's not particularly good entertainment to me. The domestic disputes, the ultra-violence and general downward spiral of all the main characters are forgettable to me. I didn't like anyone so I won't miss anyone. The greatest story ever told? Not by a long shot. The performances are good, the camera work is excellent and creative, the music is often wisely selected but to me, the characters are nothing short of unlikeable, eye-rolling cartoons. Expand
  100. Jan 26, 2014
    I can understand why so many rate the show so highly. the visuals, the acting they've got it down to a tee however despite the depth of the show i found 5 seasons of watching the same story unfold a real test of endurance, i got bored during most episodes and couldn't watch more than 2 episodes back to back.
    This isn't going to be a popular review but its just not my type of show.
    I will
    This isn't going to be a popular review but its just not my type of show.
    I will give credit to 'Breaking Bad' for not 'dipping' like past shows where the later series' tend to seem stretched and lack a certain creativity, this show doesn't drop in fact its practically a straight line from beginning to end (which is probably why i found it such an endurance). Everyone else loves it, I appreciated and tolerated it.

1. Reviewed by: Emily Nussbaum
    Aug 22, 2012
    Breaking Bad [is] a radical type of television, and also a very strange kind of must-watch: a show that you dread and crave at the same time.
  2. Reviewed by: Laura Emerick
    Jul 16, 2012
    The season five pre­miere "Live Free or Die", more than maintains the series' record of excellence.
  3. Reviewed by: Ken Tucker
    Jul 16, 2012
    The arc of this character--series creator Vince Gilligan's invention of Walter White as a sick soul--is, it's clear now. one of the great narratives in Television histpory. [13 Jul 2012, p.62]