Breaking Bad : Season 5

• Series Premiere Date: Jan 20, 2008
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
9.7

1. Sep 3, 2012
    The first half of season 5 is just awesome! I love almost every episode, only 1 or 2 slow paste episodes through this season, but you gotta have that too y`know. Aside from that this has been a tense and exciting season with different conflicts and an entirely new plot. It keeps bringing highlights, great plots and very good character development. Watch season 1 and you will see anThe first half of season 5 is just awesome! I love almost every episode, only 1 or 2 slow paste episodes through this season, but you gotta have that too y`know. Aside from that this has been a tense and exciting season with different conflicts and an entirely new plot. It keeps bringing highlights, great plots and very good character development. Watch season 1 and you will see an entirely different Walt, (Heisenberg has kind of taken over now). What I think is so good about this season is that it`s so different, they`re bringing new characters, new environments, new working spots, but most important is that we get to see the business/dealing from a new point of view. Mike, Jesse and Walt is now the kings of the market (at least for a while). I`d never thought they were able to keep season 5 as epic as the 4-5 last episodes of season 4, but they definitely did! Also ending this first half with a (sort of) cliffhanger -------- My rating for these 8 episodes is gonna be 9/10, with my favorite episodes being 1 & 8. Really excited to see the rest off season 5. Peace Expand
  2. Oct 6, 2013
    Perhaps the greatest show that I have ever watched, Vince Gilligan and co have done a fantastic job with Breaking Bad leading to a fantastic conclusion in this fifth season. I thought the pacing was perhaps a little quick towards the end but I can't think of any way to improve this by a great deal. Almost perfection, I think 96% is good enough for Walt.
  3. Aug 17, 2012
    Let me begin by saying the writing in this show is unmatched. I could present various examples of how the writing is fantastic, but I'm going to avoid spoiling anything. This season may not be the most action / drama packed as the previous ones, but it still has that Breaking Bad feel that we all have come to love. The acting is top notch all around, the cast could not have been chosenLet me begin by saying the writing in this show is unmatched. I could present various examples of how the writing is fantastic, but I'm going to avoid spoiling anything. This season may not be the most action / drama packed as the previous ones, but it still has that Breaking Bad feel that we all have come to love. The acting is top notch all around, the cast could not have been chosen better, and the suspense is intense. If you're already a fan of the previous seasons, this season will not disappoint. Expand
  4. Sep 13, 2012
    IV read some reviews that are saying that bn season 5 isn't living up to the previous seasons. In my opinion I think that now that gus fring is dead and walt has in his own words ' won'. The show has become even more of a must watch now , more than ever. Now w.w is the king , he's loving the power that he undeniably has got. When he says to declan in I think ep 6 to say my name , was IIV read some reviews that are saying that bn season 5 isn't living up to the previous seasons. In my opinion I think that now that gus fring is dead and walt has in his own words ' won'. The show has become even more of a must watch now , more than ever. Now w.w is the king , he's loving the power that he undeniably has got. When he says to declan in I think ep 6 to say my name , was I think one of the best scenes in the entire shows history. The whole cooking in tented houses , the excellent methlamyne heist and the final scene of ep 8. Are pure class. I'm not at all impressed with how long we've got to wait to see the last 8 eps. Talk about keepin the viewer on tenterhooks. It's bad enough hiatus's in shows lasting about a month. But 12 months is a real pain in the arse. But to finish. My point is that if viewing figures are down by around 20%. They can't have been much of a bb fan in the first place. Cos with tv programmes of this class. I doubt it could even be improved upon. It's a masterclass in everything from the storylines , the script , the casting. , directing and definitely the acting. It's easily the best programme on tv. And iv had to have every episode of every season off the net. Cos it aint shown in the uk. Which is a joke , and an awful lot of British viewers are missing out big time. On one of the all time best tv programmes ever produced. Expand
  5. Nov 3, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. بول).
    بدأ 20 2008 AMC، 29 2013.[1][2][3][4][5]
  6. Jan 3, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I really liked season 5, but not as much as season 4. I'll start with the positives. The writing was mostly superb, the acting consistently so. I won't go into much detail, as it has probably already been done so, but I do have to voice my views of Skyler, who gets a LOT of hatred that many times is clearly misogynistic. The Skyler story arc in season 5 has been exceptional and I deeply, deeply sympathise with her.

Anyway, so why not a 10? A few reasons.

For one, some arcs didn't seem to go anywhere. The strongest example of this is the kid getting shot. Almost nothing happened from it. It felt cheap and just for the thrills. Walt is possibly becoming a bit too one-dimensional. This season lacked the edge-of-your-seat tension of seasons past; the train heist felt forced, but not very tense. Finally, the cliffhanger, in all honesty, was a tad pathetic. It was obvious Hank would find out, so obvious in fact that I was expecting it to happen a week earlier to give way to a real cliffhanger. It didn't. Then I thought he might find out in the last 20-minutes, to have one of the exceptional breaking bad-style cliffhangers that we had in the past ("run", jesse shooting Gale, Walt turning insane, etc). Instead we got it right at the end. It feels like we've only had a build-up so far, which of course is, true, but I count what we had as season 5 and what we'll get as season 6, and what we had in season 5 was an extremely strong opener to what will be an even stronger conclusion that we just haven't gotten yet.
  7. Oct 27, 2012
    I haven't been quite as impressed with Season 5 as I was with the other Seasons yet but it should kick into high gear when it returns next summer. I wasnt big on following TV shows until this one and The Walking Dead. AMC's shows are something special!! Hope they end this one right!
  8. Dec 4, 2012
    Well acted, well written and well paced. BB season 5 maintains Vince Gilligans positive track record. Breaking bad is no doubt one of the best paced dramas out there.
  9. Jun 2, 2014
    This is the greatest show of all time. Period. There are fantastic shows like Dexter and The Sopranos which amaze you for the most part, but lose ideas and focus sometimes, whilst losing the viewers attention.
    With Breaking Bad, there was not a single episode that didn't fascinate me. From the unusually moving cinematography displayed throughout, to the multiple-Emmy-award winning performances from the stars of the show; from the action packed, heart stopping thrills to the intense character studies, this show has it all. If you've heard of Breaking Bad and haven't watched it, I'm not sure what you're doing. If these reviews are the first you're reading about this ground-breaking show, sign up to NetFlix right now and start the series!
  10. Oct 28, 2013
    If there WOULD be a reason to buy a tv, it's to watch Breaking Bad. The last season is a perfect ending for a show that has been building gradually to a certain end, like Mr. White. Our baby blue is gone, but we'll love her forever.
  11. Oct 31, 2013
    This is perfection in television. With threads from all the way back in Season 1 coming in to play in an epic ending that will give even the greatest TV shows in history a reason to be ashamed, Vince Gilligan and his cast have created what is, for good reason, the best final season to the best TV show of all time. Period.
  12. Oct 28, 2013
    THE END. I will desperately miss you my friend. BREAKING BAD HAS ENDED. This season was one of the best seasons out of this show in a whole. This show ended with such a good bang that it was amazing to just watch and cry. THE BEST SHOW EVER MADE. EVERR MADE IN HISTORY. Breaking Bad may have ended on AMC but not in my heart. LOVE THIS SHOW SO MUCH BROS. REALLY NOT KIDDING. Vince Gilligan isTHE END. I will desperately miss you my friend. BREAKING BAD HAS ENDED. This season was one of the best seasons out of this show in a whole. This show ended with such a good bang that it was amazing to just watch and cry. THE BEST SHOW EVER MADE. EVERR MADE IN HISTORY. Breaking Bad may have ended on AMC but not in my heart. LOVE THIS SHOW SO MUCH BROS. REALLY NOT KIDDING. Vince Gilligan is GOD to me for this creation. Bryan Cranston is the best tv show actors ever. Aaron Paul, love ya man. Bye. Bye. Expand
  13. Nov 5, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Through the many seasons of Breaking Bad there have been some heart pumping moments, also times when you thought something bad was about to happen. However in Season 5 all of these feelings and moments are repeated time and time again keeping the viewer constantly in excitement. There was a moment in the first part of season 5 when Walt and the gang succeed robbing a train. They are happy and laughing and the viewer starts to feel excited as well. Then a kid shows up and everything just stops, Todd then shoots the kid leaving the viewer in a sort of "oh god" sort of feel. However nothing else in Season 5 will compare to the episode To'hajiilee where the fate of Hank starts to come into play. At the end of the episode my Breathing was getting louder and my thoughts were all mixed up "Can they really do this? What is happening?" then the moment Hank is killed all of my feelings just died. I felt what Walt was feeling, he just lost a person so very close to him and it was all his fault. As for the finale which people seem to be mixed about, I personally was glad with the way the show ended. It had the perfect closure that also left speculation and interpretation open to the audience. Such as "I wonder what happened to Jessie" and people begin to have their own opinions as to what happened during and after the finale. I believe that Walt was going to just go in guns blazing against Jack and his gang, that was until he saw his old partner in a terrible state, Walt believed he needed another chance after all he wasn't the one making the meth because he wanted, he was being held captive, a prisoner to the brutal red-neck gang. So in his darkest hour Walt had a brief moment when the old chemistry teacher came back to save his old partner. The Character of Walt/Heisenberg in the season is great to watch as you see him have a new look towards meth making. He is on top, he is the king of meth, he is the great Heisenberg. This was my favourite season of the show and I thank Vince Gilligan for the best TV I have ever seen. Expand
  14. Sep 18, 2013
    It's quite an amazing show; there's not too much else to say about it. While the scores of critics and users being 99/100 and. 9.6/10, respectively, may be slightly high for a show even like this in my opinion (however, this may be due to all the possible ratings being a bit limited), it's not to say that this show doesn't deserve all the awards that it has gotten.
    There aren't many
    There aren't many episodes left, but the intense drama of the main parts of the plot, the incredible acting by lead actor Bryan Cranston, as well as the harsh and indulging events of the show earn this at least a 9 from me.
  15. Sep 25, 2013
    for me the first half of season was worst than season 3 and 4, less excitment maybe

second half of season: WOW, NO WAY, WOW, YES, NOOO, WOW, WOW, WOW, WOW, UNBELIAVLE, WOW, WOW, WOW, WOW WOW so i want to give the season a 1000 if i can
  16. May 26, 2013
    One of the greatest dramas in the history of television has accomplished what was once thought to be impossible: getting even better with each successive season. As good as the first four seasons have been, season five has been the best. An exquisite production from top to bottom: writing, story, acting, cinematography. How will it end? A part of me wishes it never had to.
  17. Oct 9, 2014
    Well, a great show that ended well. I wouldn't give it a ten because I gave Game of Thrones a ten, and that's a different league altogether. I didn't like how there were some moments and even full episodes (the fly one on season four) that were simply not needed. 'Filler' episodes are just a drag to watch. The plot could've progressed a bit faster as well.
    Though, ignoring those two
    Though, ignoring those two factors, this show was a good watch. Definitely had its moments. 8.5/10
  18. Oct 4, 2013
    A satisfying conclusion to one of the greatest drama that was ever put on television. Some of the greatest acting in a television show that I have ever seen, as well as astonishing cinematography, some very smart dialogue and an edge of your seat climax. This show has gotten the credibility it deserves and it remains my favorite show ever to air on television.
  19. Nov 2, 2013
    How could you not give it a 10? It's a struggle to find flaws in this seemingly flawless masterpiece. The exceptional acting goes above and beyond that of most movies today, and the writing is on par with the genius of Lucas, Abrams, Cameron and Speilberg, radiating excellence, always. Television would be bland without this piece of art!
  20. Nov 19, 2013
    The level of intelligence depicted by the writer is just amazing, it keeps getting better by the season. one of my best tv series of all time, super acting, great suspense. big ups to Vince Gilligan.
  21. Oct 23, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!!!! Easily one of the best TV shows I've ever seen. I will defineately watch this masterpiece by Vince Gilligan again. It has many very memorable moments that I will not forget in a long while. SPOILERS!!! Like, "This is not meth", Gus Frings face off, Walter's death, the death of krazy-8, Mikes death, Hanks death, the plane crash and the little kid with stoner parents. And the characters I will never forget. Even the characters you dont see very often like Brock and Skinny Pete are very memorable and likeable and Walts and Jessies timeless quotes like and Flynns breakfasts. I will miss this series so much.
    (I will probably rewatch it again anyways!)
  22. Sep 6, 2013
    The best episode ever walked on the TV. Breaking Bad is the most interesting scenario the most interesting characters, good playing actors in General could not be better
  23. Sep 21, 2013
    Jusqu'à présent la meilleure série que j'ai pu voir, les acteurs sont fantastiques(pas seulement Walter mais aussi Jesse, Hank ou bien Gustavo..). Breaking bad c'est pleins de petite scènes de la vie quotidienne de nos héros, du rasage de walt aux défonsse de jesse, puis c'est aussi des prises de vue spéciales, avec des angles étranges, des caméras embarqués sur une partie du corps dansJusqu'à présent la meilleure série que j'ai pu voir, les acteurs sont fantastiques(pas seulement Walter mais aussi Jesse, Hank ou bien Gustavo..). Breaking bad c'est pleins de petite scènes de la vie quotidienne de nos héros, du rasage de walt aux défonsse de jesse, puis c'est aussi des prises de vue spéciales, avec des angles étranges, des caméras embarqués sur une partie du corps dans certaines prises...
    Et puis de l'émotion, bcp d'émotions.
    10/10 et même plus
  24. Sep 23, 2013
    Just Best TV SHOW EVER. Bryan Cranston FTW. Season 5b is just brilliant, from acting of all the team, to the script. Vince is a genius, who created epic story lane and never forgot about details.
  25. Sep 24, 2013
    I started watching this show in October of 2012 on Netflix. I couldn't believe how addicted I was after watching the first two episodes. Now here I am 5 seasons later and I'm still just as hooked. I believe Breaking Bad has set a new standard for what modern-day TV dramas should strive after. I'm a little saddened that this is the end, however I'm happy at the same time because this hasI started watching this show in October of 2012 on Netflix. I couldn't believe how addicted I was after watching the first two episodes. Now here I am 5 seasons later and I'm still just as hooked. I believe Breaking Bad has set a new standard for what modern-day TV dramas should strive after. I'm a little saddened that this is the end, however I'm happy at the same time because this has been one helluva ride. Expand
  26. Sep 26, 2013
    F*cking genius show that you'll never forget. Breaking bad is simply the best show I have ever seen in national television. Easy to follow, unpredictable, amazing, stunning, addicting, controversial, awe me material. This show is like a million bucks in front of you.
  27. Sep 28, 2013
    There is a reason why this show is compared to the likes of The Sopranos and The Wire as one of, if not the best TV drama series of all of television. The show is not as glamorous as Mad Men, or as opinionated and self-righteous as any of Aaron Sorkin's work. It is a simple story that is told in the masterful of writing, directing and performances. I hope this review does not undersell it,There is a reason why this show is compared to the likes of The Sopranos and The Wire as one of, if not the best TV drama series of all of television. The show is not as glamorous as Mad Men, or as opinionated and self-righteous as any of Aaron Sorkin's work. It is a simple story that is told in the masterful of writing, directing and performances. I hope this review does not undersell it, because this show truly is as addictive as it's subject-product (meth). Many shows start off great and lose their way (Dexter, Heroes). But not Breaking Bad. Breaking Bad is one of the few dramas on television that gets better season by season. I can't get enough of this show, because to me it is groundbreaking and it is definitely going out with a bang. Expand
  28. Sep 28, 2013
    This is the best TV show ever made, and most likely the best there ever will be. Superb story, amazing writing, amazing acting, flawless directing and beautiful cinematography. It's such a shame that the show is finishing. Vince Gilligan has created TVs greatest anti-hero and a TV show which is Genius. This show is a much watch TV show.
  29. Sep 29, 2013
    the greatest story ever told.The fifth and final season of the American television drama series Breaking Bad premiered on July 15, 2012. The 16-episode season is split into two parts, each containing eight episodes. AMC broadcast the first part of the fifth season on Sundays at 10:00 pm ET in the United States and Canada, and the second part airs on Sundays at 9:00 pm. The second halfthe greatest story ever told.The fifth and final season of the American television drama series Breaking Bad premiered on July 15, 2012. The 16-episode season is split into two parts, each containing eight episodes. AMC broadcast the first part of the fifth season on Sundays at 10:00 pm ET in the United States and Canada, and the second part airs on Sundays at 9:00 pm. The second half debuted August 11, 2013.[9] It debuted in the UK and Ireland on Netflix, showing one day after the episodes aired in the U.S. and Canada.[10]
    After receiving three nominations, for seasons two, three, and four, the first half of season 5 won the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Drama Series in 2013.
  30. Sep 30, 2013
    One of the greatest shows ever, and I really mean that. The final episode doesn't make the serie, the last episode is made of all the things that goes before. Fantastic.
  31. May 25, 2014
    Breaking Bad is the best show of all time. Everybody does an outstanding job and the story just keeps on getting better. The cinematography is great and the soundtrack is good. This is a must see.
  32. Oct 9, 2013
    For the people who gave up on Breaking Bad years ago, you're idiots. I loved season five and I am so glad that it has gotten so much recognition within the last two years. When I started watching Breaking Bad it had a small but active fan base and all of a sudden it exploded into a worldwide phenomenon!
  33. Oct 12, 2013
    Plain and simple: ONE THE BEST DRAMA SERIES I HAVE EVER WATCHED! Breaking Bad is a work of art brilliant script, fantastic characters and flawless delivery from the directors and producers. The finale was just incredible and leaves your completely satisfied, not wanting more.
  34. Oct 13, 2013
    Absolutely stunning, the best tv show of the decade. Everything is freaking perfect: actors, characters, screenplay, every detail. And with the series finale Br Ba just consolidated as the best.
  35. Oct 15, 2013
    Easily one, if not the, greatest show that has been premiered on television. The acting, atmosphere, cinematography, writing and directing is some of the best you will ever see. With each episode in season 5b, I would tell myself that that was the best episode of television I have ever seen, however; with each episode they showed, they continued to exceed my expectations and blow me away.Easily one, if not the, greatest show that has been premiered on television. The acting, atmosphere, cinematography, writing and directing is some of the best you will ever see. With each episode in season 5b, I would tell myself that that was the best episode of television I have ever seen, however; with each episode they showed, they continued to exceed my expectations and blow me away. Every scene is important and every moment will leave you breathless and anxious for the next episode. Breaking Bad is definitely a masterpiece. All hail the king. Expand
  36. Nov 25, 2013
    this is absolutely the best series ever made in the hole history of tv,this finale of the series couldn't be so great,i will miss breaking bad in my hole life.
  37. Oct 18, 2013
    I remember telling my friends to watch Breaking Bad during its second year. They all dismissed the television show, believing that drama revolving around a highschool teacher cooking meth had no depth to its plot.
    Boy were they wrong.
    Boy were they wrong.
    I remember watching each season with a sense of impending doom; wondering when it would degrade in quality. But I was pleasantly surprised year after year with yet another improvement to the tale. Beginning as a modest television series and ending as one of the greatest dramas of all time, I'm glad to have watched this show from its humble origins to its intensely anticipated conclusion. To wrap this all up, I'd like to note that I have seen dozens upon dozens of television shows but can safely say, without a trace of doubt, that there has never been so difficult to watch a series come to a close. I'm going to miss my favorite drug lord.
  38. Oct 19, 2013
    The first 4 seasons feels like a guided ride to the epic conclusion of this series. Walter White transformation feels credible, charming and it lets you feel what he feels while is becoming a monster inside. You might think he always wanted redemption, but all of this made him feel alive.
  39. Oct 29, 2013
    This season is a masterpiece. The actors are playing like top Oscars ones but on a deeper level the cinematography behind all those scenes is brilliant. All the characters are written in a complex, deep and fascinating way. The ending is perfect, finally telling us why Walt did not stop cooking even if he had lots of opportunities.
  40. Oct 31, 2013
    Breaking Bad is one of the great shows of television's.The acting? Amazing. The screenplay? Outstanding.Breaking Bad is back, and it's better than ever
  41. Nov 7, 2013
    EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeee Expand
  42. Nov 11, 2013
    It is very rare I would give anything a rating of 10/10.
    And it is extremely rare I would say that something is the best thing ever made in its category.
    So in this case, and I am 100% sure of it, Breaking Bad is the best TV Show ever made. Since I have just come to review it now, I'm going to review the whole show, not just season 5. I'm not going to into details of the plot, so no
    It is very rare I would give anything a rating of 10/10.

Since I have just come to review it now, I'm going to review the whole show, not just season 5. I'm not going to into details of the plot, so no spoilers, but I'm basically going to say why it made me feel as if it is the best. No other show has made me so tense, so excited to watch the next episode. Luckily for me, I watched all of it on Netflix, and most of the time I kept feeling sorry for people who had to cope with waiting a week for the next episode, and then when the season finished, a LONG time for the next handful. 6 years. That's how long some people spent watching this show, yet I only spent a month, and I loved every second of watching! If you really get into the show, you will have moments when you're up out of your seat, waiting for what's about to happen. Truly amazing.

The best thing of this show, in my opinion, is the characters. I don't think anything has ever made me empathize so much with characters of their franchise. Walt, a chemistry teacher who needs money desperately, becomes quickly evil and makes some terrible decisions. Jesse (my favourite), a young adult who hasn't had a brilliant start to his life, always ends up in the wrong place at the wrong time. And there's more, all of which you see their part and story in the show.

To sum up, if you haven't watched it watch it. There's no other option, you don't know what you're missing out on. I will really miss Breaking Bad, I'm deeply sad it's over, but also happy it could make me feel like that.
  43. Nov 14, 2013
    This is the best serie ever made! The acting, the characters, the plot, everything is really good, and this last season couldn't be different. This serie have 99.1% of purity!
  44. Nov 17, 2013
    Breaking Bad is my most favorite television series, but I'm disappointed the ending. Good will Triumph Over "All" Evil is not make sense. Except for the ending, Breaking Bad is so awesome.
  45. Nov 19, 2013
    WOW! I can just say wow! Breaking Bad was amazing from beginning to the end. I have really no words to describe this amazing tv show. In my opinion one of the best tv show ever made.
  46. Jan 4, 2014
    For some reason my review gave it 6/10, i actually gave the show 10/10! Now i must type letters until i get to one hundred and fifty characters to submit this review.
  47. Jul 10, 2014
    The Best TV Show EVER. We've been watching Breaking Bad along five seasons of this amazing story following the Walter's drama from teacher to become a meth cook/drug dealer.
  48. May 5, 2014
    You will be kept on the edge of your seat as the insanity of Walter White's drug empire grows. It is by far the best show on television in recent years, and the final season is no exception.
  49. Jan 13, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Breaking Bad Finale, predictable? NO
    The finale of Breaking Bad; the cleverly crafted hit television series by Vince Gilligan, has mind boggled viewers across the nation with every second through unpredictable deaths and events that not even a psychic could see coming. First of all, I would beyond recommend the entire series to all interested in a thrilling collection of episodes that all get wrapped up at the tail end; the finale. Lasting longer than its predecessors, the lengthy time is necessary to tie up all of the questioned loose ends. As the episode kicks off, Walter White (the main character better known as the kingpin drug lord called Heisenberg in the methamphetamine industry) is at a bar near his isolated temporary home where he started his new life to escape Albuquerque. He notices on the television that his former business partners who excluded him from their riches prior to Walter investing in meth have called him out in front of the public. After deciding that he should go confront them, it is apparent that he is going to kill the both of them. The first surprise that stumped me was that he pulled out his fortune from making meth and places it all out on the table instructing them to give it to his son shall he be jailed for the rest of his life due to the uncountable number of deaths that he has been responsible for. Based on Walt’s past solutions, this was a very unpredictable outcome. The next surprise comes when Walt is attempting to confirm with the two business partners that they will give the money to his son and not keep it for them and exclaims that he hired two hit men to keep an eye on the two. After a red dot appears on the chests of the two, Walt drives away and picks up the two so called “hit men” who just happen to be the two druggies from the earlier seasons that used to purchase meth from Walt! Another factor that adds into the continuous unpredictability of this episode is the constant flashbacks that Walt and Jesse tend to have such as the one where Walt remembers the ricin cigarette that was hidden at his old house or maybe the one where he flashes back to a family dinner with the head of police in Albuquerque who just so happens to be his brother in law. These two flashbacks are ironic because they bring about two very opposite occurrences that show how much Walt has “broken bad” and nobody could have seen coming. Although these two flashbacks prove that the entire series has been unpredictable, my opinion is that the last one is the most surprising compared to all of the others because of the frequency of the surprises that happen every few seconds it seems like. During this entire extravaganza I found myself on my toes and biting my finger nails with raised anxiety while trying to guess what would happen next. The next surprise of the episode was when Walt randomly shows up to his former competitors in the meth world enjoying lunch together and out of nowhere decides to pull a sly move and slip poison into one of their coffees. This is extremely unpredictable because the average viewer assumed that Walt’s drug world affiliation was terminated after he realized the destruction that occurred yet still decided to take one last jab at the competitor. I only guessed that it was because he knew his victorious run was over and he wanted his former meth product out of stock. Possibly the biggest unpredictable event occurs a few moments and a commercial later when Walter White’s wife is on the phone and hears that Walt is back in town after going missing in action and acts very astonished by this remark. She then hangs up and the camera shifts a few inches and believe it or not…Walt is standing there and it is revealed that she knew the whole time. This can be compared to the episode prior when it seems that Walt has no intentions of returning to his hometown and plans to carry out his cancer stricken life in the woods alone. This event suggests that Walt has some unfinished business to take care of back in Albuquerque. The unfinished business turns out to be settling the score with the gang members who ended his reign and in a sense got him caught and murdered his brother in law and plan to take over the drug business. After a cleverly crafted weapon of Walt’s fires hundreds of times, Walt ends up lying on the floor ducking under cover. He gets up and walks to the meth lab seeming to be unscathed but then comes the shocker. Now, everyone who was interested in this marvelous show had their own predictions about what would happen but I am sure that many had not chosen the main character of the entire 5 season series of whom many of us have come to know and love would die at the end. Yep! That’s it; Walt was grazed by a bullet and bled out ending the story to what was possibly one of the most emotionally gripping series that is most commonly compared to the famous series “the sopranos,” that I have ever watched. From not knowing who would pass on next to not knowing how it would be wrapped up, the final episode of Breaking Bad was very intriguing but most of all unpredictable.
  50. May 8, 2014
    Breaking Bad is the Greatest show of our generation and one of the greatest of all times! It's just so GREAT! The show is very realistic. It's basically like the Godfather but TV Show!
    Perfect 10 out of 10!
  51. Jan 17, 2014
    Breaking Bad is no tv show. It is an addictibg lifestyle and a work of art. Vince Gilligan is an artist, Bruan Cranston and Aaron Paul brilliant & the writing is second to none. Truly tbe finest series ever made.
  52. Jan 23, 2014
    The Godfather of television. It's almost real-time, sometimes slower. In it's own pace of world that it sinks you in, without commitment to, and there's no return. Next thing you know you've watched 2 hrs of fuming drama. Written so unexpected, even if you know what is to happen, it ingeniously plays with you. A perfect summer show to get high to in the sweaty heat.
  53. Feb 1, 2014
    The end couldn't be more perfect. The way Walter learns his end was the highlight of this TV series.
    The final battle to save Jesse Pinkman was also nice. The transformation of Pinkman was nicely continued over into this season
  54. Mar 27, 2014
    Vince Gilligan, you absolute legend for creating this. A brilliant final season from my favourite TV series of all time.................. enough said.
  55. Apr 18, 2014
    Best TV show I have ever seen. It is going to be hard to make a TV show as good as this one. The last 3 episodes of this final season were suspenseful and incredible. Kept me on the edge of my seat the whole time.
  56. May 6, 2014
    As in this case sometimes words are not enough to portray the greatness of some things. This is the case of Breaking Bad. I am sincerely thankful that I had the chance to watch this fine piece of art.

If you ever wondered what a perfect TV series could look like, just take a look at Breaking Bad. Once you do, you'll be hooked to it just like to a hardcore drug. I doubt that in my lifespan I'll ever be able to watch something that would be better than Breaking Bad! Honestly!!!!
  57. May 24, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Never has a show had such a brilliant season with little dialogue. Of course, this final season owes it's success to the development of Walt and Jessie in the first four seasons, but the true winner of season five is uncle jack, the neo-nazi who seems to want to be more powerful and more important than he actually is(sounds like good ole WW). Without the surprise impact of jack, BBS5 may have been a ordinary predictable final season. Of course Walt makes the season concrete in history as one of the best ever, as he finally comes full-circle and accepts his true identity of Heisenberg. The suspense and intertwining of so many great stories coming to an end wraps of the great show, the only reason it's not a 10 is because it had an ending at all... Expand
  58. Jun 3, 2014
    I don't think I have to write a lot here. Breaking Bad is absolutely magnificent. The actors are brilliant and the plot is exciting. It's the best tv show that ever have been on tv. Just amazing.
  59. Jun 15, 2014
    The series is smart, joyful, wonderful, amazing, two thumbs up. I advice you to watch it. In season 3 there some long air. but totally one of my best TV shows.
  60. Jul 10, 2014
    Siempre hay un cierto temor a que la última temporada de una serie vaya a ser un buen cierre. Y mas si se trata de una serie como Breaking Bad. Pero la quinta temporada superó las expectativas. Fue mucho mejor que la 3 y la 4 y sentí algo mas parecido a cuando veía las dos primeras.
    A partir del capítulo 12 de esta, la serie ofrece un tramo final sobresaliente. Me encantó el penúltimo episodio. El último también fue genial. Lo único malo es que terminó la serie. Sin duda, la echaré de menos. Grandiosa serie.
  61. Jul 20, 2014
    This particular season of, what seems to be the greatest TV drama of all time, is especially mind bending because of its top-notch cast and writing. Breaking Bad season 5 I would give 5 out of 5 stars. The entire Part 1 of the season deserved every single Emmy it got, and I would say that part 2, deserves even more.
  62. Jul 27, 2014
    Breaking Bad is quite possibly the greatest show ever and this final season is a testament of that. Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul give two of the greatest performances in television history, the writing is as good as it gets. As the show draws towards it's end it's a roller-coaster ride filled with dark twists and turns, One is left wondering what will be the fate of Walter White?
  63. Aug 17, 2014
    Each episode of season five builds upon the last. The final eight episodes of this show are so superbly acted, so incredibly intense, and so emotionally heart-wrenching that at times it's hard to watch. This is especially the case for Ozymandias, perhaps the most painful and best episode of the entire series. Bryan Cranston, Aaron Paul, Dean Norris, and Jonathan Banks run the show withEach episode of season five builds upon the last. The final eight episodes of this show are so superbly acted, so incredibly intense, and so emotionally heart-wrenching that at times it's hard to watch. This is especially the case for Ozymandias, perhaps the most painful and best episode of the entire series. Bryan Cranston, Aaron Paul, Dean Norris, and Jonathan Banks run the show with their extraordinary performances. This season is a fitting conclusion to the series. It ties up all loose ends imaginable and confirms Breaking Bad as the greatest television show of all time. Expand
  64. Aug 24, 2014
    The best season of the best show ever made. I was told prior to watching Breaking Bad that the seasons increase in quality as the show progresses. At the end of season 4, I didn't believe the show could possibly get any better, but I was proven wrong by the absolute mastery that is season 5 of Breaking Bad. I could go on all day about how good this show and season are, but the truth is, ifThe best season of the best show ever made. I was told prior to watching Breaking Bad that the seasons increase in quality as the show progresses. At the end of season 4, I didn't believe the show could possibly get any better, but I was proven wrong by the absolute mastery that is season 5 of Breaking Bad. I could go on all day about how good this show and season are, but the truth is, if you haven't seen it, you need to watch it, and if you have, you already know how incredible it really is. Expand
  65. Aug 26, 2014
    you know how its going to end, you can tell by the buildups, the change in the character.. but in the end, when the ending comes up, you still get the pang of pain, when one of your favorite character gets what he deserve... good series indeed. and will still linger in my head for awhile
  66. Sep 19, 2014
    A truly fantastic television programme. A complete and essential masterpiece of modern television. Never have I watched a drama with such depth, such intelligence, such consideration for the world it constructs. Each episode leaves you wanting more. There are so many ideas that are presented to the viewer, of which you can explore as much as you want.

The characters extend beyond a

The characters extend beyond a script and a set. There personalities seem to reflect sin, honour, loyalty, pride, death - what is right and what is wrong. I cannot praise this show enough. Truly, truly breathtaking.
  67. Sep 25, 2014
    A Masterpiece TV Show, only this, if you didn't watch, watch it, whatever if you like comedy, drama, action, horror or romance, Breaking Bad is not only a must watch Drama TV Show, but a must watch TV Show in general, totally amazing stroy, amazing story telling, acting, chronology and cast, perfect.
  68. Oct 7, 2014
    One of the greatest shows of all time leaves with a bang. Season five is a perfect example on how to end up a masterpiece. Breaking bad is a spectacular show and i think everyone should watch it.
  69. Oct 13, 2014
    Firstly I saw the BB commercials, and I must say I didn't like it from very the beginning and almost didn't pass trough season 1. But then, something changed, it went better, and better and, well, later this TV show achieved his own Nirvana. Season 5 is the opus dei, something I could never forget and probably the best thing that came out of a TV...ever.
  70. Oct 14, 2014
    Wow, just wow! One of the best series I've ever seen. I was feeling down during the last episodes but at the end my hands just raised upon themselves and clapped. This show deserves a 10.
  71. Dec 12, 2014
    Breaking Bad is just like the meth equivalent of Weeds, except more dramatic, more serious, and oh yeah, the main character (Bryan Cranston) is not a fine MILF. With that being said, the show is still amazing. It is well-written, well-acted, and will have you on the edge of your seat most of the time.
  72. Jan 28, 2015
    There are people who love this show and people who hate it, but for no apparent reason, everybody knows its the best of the past 10 years if not of all time. People will be discussing the resons of this greatness for a very long time. I am not a lover or a hater, im just a TV fan and i know that heisenberg's story is the best ever told. And that's the bottom line WHAT? Cause Walter White said so.
  73. May 25, 2015
    This is one of the best drama TV series to appear on our screens over the past few years. The acting is perfect, direction is quality and production values are high. During each series, there is one or two slow episodes - but watching every episode of every series gives back a lot to the soul.
  74. Mar 1, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Season 5 of Breaking Bad was one of the best seasons of any show I've ever seen. The intricate parts, the movements, the acting, the backdrop, the story, the tension. It all builds into a remarkable finale that you'll never forget. X-FIles veteran Vince Gilligan creates a symphony of television masterwork, and it is one hell of a ride.

I really enjoyed how they showed Hank putting all the pieces together. He cannot remain blissfully in the dark anymore, and after the end of Part 1. As a viewer, you can really feel the epiphany going off in his head in the Bathroom Scene. The scene where Hank confronts Walt about knowing he is Heisenberg is so tense, its almost difficult to watch, you feel the wrath of both sides as they escalate the encounter to drawing blood. As things escalate, Hank makes it personal and this is his own downfall.

As things further escalate in Part 2 everyone starts showing their true colors. Hank hides his findings from the DEA. Skylar tries to convince Walt to kill Jessie. Jessie betrays Walt by working with Hank and Gomez's investigation (after realizing Walt was the one who poisoned Brock). Todd makes a power-play, Everyone except Walt and Saul show drastic changes in character. They all display negative character traits that they did not possess at the start of the show (or maybe they never knew they were capable of). The only ones who are trying to do the right thing is Walt and Saul. Walt has complete 180'd in light of his crumbling empire. Perhaps due to desperation. Everyone is trying to do the wrong thing, while Walt is trying to make things right. And that leads me to my final points.

To'hajiilee and Ozymandias. One of the greatest two-episode arcs I've ever seen. Its almost indescribable how intense these two episodes are. The analogy of Ozymandias and the symbolism of the crumbling empire, resonate in a way that makes it almost difficult to watch. Knowing that Hank won't walk away, Walt comes to his climax as a character. He 180s and is willing to give up everything he's worked for to save his brother-in-law, a stark contrast to the ruthless "Heisenberg." So Walt has orchestrated a scenario where "doing the right thing" is really doing more damage than it would if he had just been ruthless in the first place. More people get hurt because of his semi-change-of-heart than would have if he'd been the level-headed heavy-handed "Heisenberg" that build the empire. His humanism seals his downfall.

In the finale, Felina, Walt goes out on his own terms. Knowing that escape is improbable (and even as he tries to leave, he cannot leave his affairs unfinished). He puts an end to everything he's created, coerces his old colleagues at Grey Matter Industries to make sure his family gets his blood money, and reconciles with Jessie by giving him an opportunity for vindication.

I love how this season brought out the evil in the "good" characters, and the "good" out of the "evil" characters. It shows the true scope of what something like this would really do to the people involved. It isn't just pointless character drama, it serves a purpose and drafts a moral-convolution that only a Clint Eastwood western would rival. Walter wasn't the evil one in the end, he was the one who tried to undo everything. It was everyone else who because of either their lack-of-faith in Walt or newly-found hatred of Walt all suffer the consequences of their actions. The moral-convolution creates an environment where its difficult to decipher who exactly has the moral high ground, and who is the true villain.

Breaking Bad brings a new meaning to the phrase "doing the right thing for the wrong reasons" or "doing the wrong thing for the right reasons." Everyone is capable of evil, and even the most tyrannical are capable of compassion.
  75. Mar 23, 2015
    Hooked. Absolutely hooked. One of the best shows I've ever watched, and one of the best ever made. It will be years and years before another show comes even close to what Vince Gilligan and other achieved here
  76. Mar 27, 2015
    I have just finished the last episode, and while I'm writing I feel that remained melancholy for having concluded one of the best adventures ever.
    Simply the best tv show ever!!
  77. Mar 28, 2015
    Indisputably: The best series of all time .
  78. Mar 28, 2015
    Although I didn't buy Walter's resolution with Uncle Jack and his crew- nor the ease with which he got to Skylar at the end- I enjoyed this season more than the rest.
    The suspense generated with each episode lends itself to eager binge watching. Several very clever twists and plot devices.
    This show is often fanatically spoken of by its fans along with The Wire as the best ever yet the main difference between the two is clearly their final season,
  79. Mar 30, 2015
  80. May 27, 2015
    This show is one of those few things in this world where it is so hyped up by everyone you speak to, and it's shoved down your throat to the point where you might as well be tied to a chair, plonked in front of a tv and forced to watch it, yet you will still enjoy every second of it. The fifth season is the best of the lot, to the extent that even Skyler becomes a likeable character! WhileThis show is one of those few things in this world where it is so hyped up by everyone you speak to, and it's shoved down your throat to the point where you might as well be tied to a chair, plonked in front of a tv and forced to watch it, yet you will still enjoy every second of it. The fifth season is the best of the lot, to the extent that even Skyler becomes a likeable character! While I haven't seen every tv show ever made and so cannot say this is the greatest tv show ever made, I can confidently assure you that this is the greatest tv show I have ever had the pleasure of watching. Expand
  81. May 22, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is my favorite season of my favorite show and it almost earns a 10/10 in my book. It concludes the suspenseful and all-around excellent story of Walter White and Jesse Pinkman. There are so many plot twists and memorable episodes here! It's just some of the best TV you'll ever watch (probably). Drama, action, and a little dark comedy make up this tragic finale. It ends just how it should, too. Hank's death is handled well, too. Some of the moments aren't prime, which is why it's not a ten (a few boring scenes or non-critical episodes that aren't quite to the standard) but it's still well, well worth watching! Expand
  82. May 28, 2015
    Si pudiera poner un 20/10 lo pondria. Esta temporada es una obra maestra en todos sus capitulos. El final es increible cada ep increible. La mejor serie que vi en toda mi vida, no solo cumplio mis expectativas sino que las supero en un 500%. Se va una de las mejores series, marco la television para siempre y cuando sea viejo le hablare a mis nietos sobre Breaking Bad. Si no la viste ¿Que esperas?
  83. Jul 16, 2012
    this is the best show that will ever be....every season just gets better and better. the writing is perfect. the acting is perfect. who could possibly give this show a negative review?!?!
  84. Jul 18, 2012
    Breaking Bad is absolutely the best show on television. Somehow Vince Gilligan and his team of writers still surprise us with the new directions this show takes, and the twist and turns they throw at us. No film trilogy, or television series in the past has ever been able to uphold such strong directing, acting and superb storytelling for so long. We are entering the first half of theBreaking Bad is absolutely the best show on television. Somehow Vince Gilligan and his team of writers still surprise us with the new directions this show takes, and the twist and turns they throw at us. No film trilogy, or television series in the past has ever been able to uphold such strong directing, acting and superb storytelling for so long. We are entering the first half of the final season of Breaking Bad and the future for this show has never looked better (and darker). It will be sad to see the show reach its finale but it has truly been a wild and unforgettable ride. Don't miss out on this amazing series. Breaking Bad is suspenseful, smart, and THRILLING! Expand
  85. Jul 23, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. There has been no show in television history as thrilling, or as interesting as Breaking Bad. Each season has built the tension in a plausible and intricately detailed way. I was a little worried by the season 5 opener. The caper slash buddy story with the humorous character at the junk yard stretched the series hard won credibility a bit too much. Whipping up an untraceable Uhaul truck and driving into a Police facility just days after a major incident seems a little too "A-Team" for my taste. I am reassured by the second season 5 episode "Madrigal". The thoughtful plotting, great acting, as well the traditional Breaking Bad attention to detail is what makes the series stand out. Mike is a complex, 3 dimensional character, neither all good or all bad. Glad to see him get more screen time. Walter's scene with Skyler was downright chilling. Expand
  86. Jul 27, 2012
    With season 4's brilliance being such a tough act to follow, I was thrilled to see Season 5 keeping up the deep, dark intensity and gripping unpredictable plot that got so many of us addicted to this nailbiting series. Breaking Bad never fails to entertain to the max!
  87. Jul 25, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The realism that the director manages to create in every scene is simply outstanding, and I would never have imagined that a show could be capable of being this good. Trying to watch other good tv shows is now a futile exercise, they're just a letdown if you've watched any breaking bad recently. If any viewers can't get past the first few episodes and start to love each character then you are missing out on the best show ever made. Thoroughly rewarding, you will get emotional. Expand
  88. Jul 27, 2012
    Most shows have a sucky finales. This one will have few great ones!. The show put me off in the first few episodes. But then it proved to be, extremely fun to watch. I couldn't get off the tv watching the episodes one after another until the end of season 4. Man I thought that was the season finale. 99% of the tv shows have amazingly bad finale. This one has a greatly satisfying one atMost shows have a sucky finales. This one will have few great ones!. The show put me off in the first few episodes. But then it proved to be, extremely fun to watch. I couldn't get off the tv watching the episodes one after another until the end of season 4. Man I thought that was the season finale. 99% of the tv shows have amazingly bad finale. This one has a greatly satisfying one at season 4. So now I am very surprised to see season 5, but hey that is really hot. Expand
  89. Jul 15, 2012
    Impressive.
    I wasn´t expecting such a premiere. Fast, nervous, dark, tense and that leaves such a wild and wide plot chances to the future. Still the best show on television.
  90. Jul 24, 2012
    This is the best show i have ever seen in my entire life. I watched many shows before..Cartoons,comedy,drama, all sorts of shows and all kind of shows. None of the shows in all my life time could do what this show does. From season 1 i was hook, watched all 4 seasons in 2 weeks! That's how good it is. Season 5 is no different, full of suspense, action, a bit of everything. It is an amazingThis is the best show i have ever seen in my entire life. I watched many shows before..Cartoons,comedy,drama, all sorts of shows and all kind of shows. None of the shows in all my life time could do what this show does. From season 1 i was hook, watched all 4 seasons in 2 weeks! That's how good it is. Season 5 is no different, full of suspense, action, a bit of everything. It is an amazing show, the best show i've ever seen. Expand
  91. Dec 15, 2012
    Breaking Bad is one of those weird TV series that sets the bar too high and keeps it high up there, never delivering less and something blowing it way higher, the series is coming to a close, and I can't name any actor on this series whom I disliked, Bryan Cranston definitively kills it as Walter
  92. Jul 22, 2012
    This show is simply amazing. The plot, the characters, the character development, the script, the music...they're all great. There are a few slower episodes, but the vast majority of the are action-packed and will keep you on the edge of your seat. 10.
  93. Jul 16, 2012
    The whole thing has been raised to a new level with season 5, which I didn't even think was possible. Walt is scarier and more watchable than ever. Just the best show on TV, period.
  94. Jul 16, 2012
    Breaking Bad is back and as good as ever. The best acting I've seen on Tv or in movies, chocked full of symbolism, and one of the few shows nowadays that you have to pay attention to. Walter White has no one to put him down any longer so I think we'll become even more acquainted with Heisenberg than with past seasons.
  95. Jul 16, 2012
    Never before has there been such a TV show (though Twin Peaks and the Sopranos came close). Breaking Bad was, is, and will continue to be an artistic marvel.
  96. Aug 27, 2012
    I'm not sure how to put this into words, but Breaking Bad has become somewhat of an obsession of mine since I caught the 1st episode on Blu-ray several months ago. Every episode builds on the last and becomes more and more and MORE intense...something I haven't encountered in awhile. It's on par with 'LOST', 'Six Feet Under', and some of the best series television has ever aired. This isI'm not sure how to put this into words, but Breaking Bad has become somewhat of an obsession of mine since I caught the 1st episode on Blu-ray several months ago. Every episode builds on the last and becomes more and more and MORE intense...something I haven't encountered in awhile. It's on par with 'LOST', 'Six Feet Under', and some of the best series television has ever aired. This is truly benchmark TV against which all others should be judged. The acting, the cinematography, the writing, all about as close to perfect as TV gets. Thank you Breaking Bad for making my rising cable bill actually worth it. Expand
  97. Aug 12, 2012
    I'm gonna keep this short and simple:
    Breaking bad is right now a legendary show; season 5 is just the cherry on top, an absolute masterpiece about the final decadence of human nature in extreme circumstances.
  98. Sep 1, 2012
    Honestly the best show on tv if not all time. A show that never has a dull moment, a masterpiece that should not be missed by anyone. The acting is amazing, the plot, audio and visual quality is through the roof. 10/10.
  99. Mar 29, 2015
    Wow look at these scores, both critic and user. I don't disagree. It's just a testament to how great this show is/was. As soon as I saw that first episode I knew I'd like this show. And as the story unfolded I was drawn in even more. Each character was carefully drawn, and each actor was perfectly cast. Walt was most certainly an anti-hero. You quietly cheered for him, even though heWow look at these scores, both critic and user. I don't disagree. It's just a testament to how great this show is/was. As soon as I saw that first episode I knew I'd like this show. And as the story unfolded I was drawn in even more. Each character was carefully drawn, and each actor was perfectly cast. Walt was most certainly an anti-hero. You quietly cheered for him, even though he committed the most despicable acts of violence.

We are in a Golden Age of TV, and Breaking Bad is up there at the top with quality writing, acting, and production.
  100. Jul 18, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The opening scene, like the past seasons of Breaking Bad rewards those who pay close attention to detail. The very first thing you see in the premiere of breaking bad is an older Walt celebrating his 52 birthday, which if we all remember is exactly how the very first episode in season 1 began with Walt celebrating his 50th birthday, eating eggs and making a big 50 with pieces of bacon. The more attention you pay to the show, the more you'll be rewarded. By far the best drama on television. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Emily Nussbaum
    Aug 22, 2012
    Breaking Bad [is] a radical type of television, and also a very strange kind of must-watch: a show that you dread and crave at the same time.
  2. Reviewed by: Laura Emerick
    Jul 16, 2012
    The season five pre­miere "Live Free or Die", more than maintains the series' record of excellence.
  3. Entertainment Weekly
    Reviewed by: Ken Tucker
    Jul 16, 2012
    The arc of this character--series creator Vince Gilligan's invention of Walter White as a sick soul--is, it's clear now. one of the great narratives in Television histpory. [13 Jul 2012, p.62]