• Network: AMC
  • Series Premiere Date: Jan 20, 2008
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
9.7

1. Jul 19, 2012
    Great show! I cant wait for the next season!! I could sit there and watch every episode in a row and never get bored. It's awesome!! Bryan Cranston is perfect, at first it was little weird but then he turned into a badass.
  2. Jul 18, 2012
    Clearly a show that will be missed after this season. Cranston kills his role (I actually read Matt Broderick was in line for this at one time.....WTF?) in the new season as the egomaniac in him is blooming. The tension is building but not really certain to was end-which makes it incrediably watchable.
  3. Jul 18, 2012
    Perfect. I've learned to not predict where the show will go and to just enjoy the ride. The premiere was just that a crazy awesome roller coaster that fits exactly with the seasons before it.
  4. Jul 18, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The opening scene, like the past seasons of Breaking Bad rewards those who pay close attention to detail. The very first thing you see in the premiere of breaking bad is an older Walt celebrating his 52 birthday, which if we all remember is exactly how the very first episode in season 1 began with Walt celebrating his 50th birthday, eating eggs and making a big 50 with pieces of bacon. The more attention you pay to the show, the more you'll be rewarded. By far the best drama on television. Expand
  5. Jul 18, 2012
    Breaking Bad is absolutely the best show on television. Somehow Vince Gilligan and his team of writers still surprise us with the new directions this show takes, and the twist and turns they throw at us. No film trilogy, or television series in the past has ever been able to uphold such strong directing, acting and superb storytelling for so long. We are entering the first half of theBreaking Bad is absolutely the best show on television. Somehow Vince Gilligan and his team of writers still surprise us with the new directions this show takes, and the twist and turns they throw at us. No film trilogy, or television series in the past has ever been able to uphold such strong directing, acting and superb storytelling for so long. We are entering the first half of the final season of Breaking Bad and the future for this show has never looked better (and darker). It will be sad to see the show reach its finale but it has truly been a wild and unforgettable ride. Don't miss out on this amazing series. Breaking Bad is suspenseful, smart, and THRILLING! Expand
  6. Jul 18, 2012
    Breaking Bad's season 5 opener maintains the high quality that won the series so many devoted fans.. This is gripping, suspenseful television at its finest featuring excellent acting, writing and directing. You have no reason not to watch this show.
  7. Jul 17, 2012
    Breaking Bad is back!
    Breaking Bad is one of the best tv series of all time. Just amazing. Everything is prefect, the acting is very very good. Bryan Cranston is one of my favorite actors and he play amazing in this TV series. Just the best!!!
  8. Jul 17, 2012
    Before watching, I was a little concerned that the sheer anticipation for S05E01 would mean it could never really live up to expectations. I need not have worried. Amazing, on every level. The world is a better place for Breaking Bad.
  9. Jul 16, 2012
    Never before has there been such a TV show (though Twin Peaks and the Sopranos came close). Breaking Bad was, is, and will continue to be an artistic marvel.
  10. Jul 16, 2012
    Pinkman and White's characters underwent too much character development between end of season 4 and first episode of season 5. Did Pinkman take a basic science class in between seasons? How did key in ignition and drain RV battery guy come up with the idea of magnets? Still my favorite TV show.
  11. Jul 16, 2012
    The whole thing has been raised to a new level with season 5, which I didn't even think was possible. Walt is scarier and more watchable than ever. Just the best show on TV, period.
  12. Jul 16, 2012
    Breaking Bad is back and as good as ever. The best acting I've seen on Tv or in movies, chocked full of symbolism, and one of the few shows nowadays that you have to pay attention to. Walter White has no one to put him down any longer so I think we'll become even more acquainted with Heisenberg than with past seasons.
  13. Jul 16, 2012
    this is the best show that will ever be....every season just gets better and better. the writing is perfect. the acting is perfect. who could possibly give this show a negative review?!?!
  14. Jul 16, 2012
    Season 5 is as good as it ever was and has the potential to out-do itself for the 5th consecutive time. The best way to watch it is to steer clear of spoilers, sit-back, and enjoy it, just as it deserves to be enjoyed.
  15. Jul 16, 2012
    Now the summer is really beginning! I don't know how it does it but Breaking Bad gets better and better with every season.The acting stays magnificent and the directing and writing gets darker.In the last two scenes of last night's premiere I was afraid of Walt more than I was afraid of Gus,I think that's because it's kind of frightening the way he changed.Heisenberg is the king now! It'sNow the summer is really beginning! I don't know how it does it but Breaking Bad gets better and better with every season.The acting stays magnificent and the directing and writing gets darker.In the last two scenes of last night's premiere I was afraid of Walt more than I was afraid of Gus,I think that's because it's kind of frightening the way he changed.Heisenberg is the king now! It's going to be a wild ride! Expand
  16. Jul 16, 2012
    the first 4 mins killed it for me..amazing to say the least. the acting, suspense, the plot all indicates Breaking Bad is still the at its best, where other tv shows have fallen flat right at the end, breaking bad is not one of them.
  17. Jul 15, 2012
    Impressive.
    I wasn´t expecting such a premiere. Fast, nervous, dark, tense and that leaves such a wild and wide plot chances to the future. Still the best show on television.
  18. RFX
    Jul 15, 2012
    The acting? Amazing. The screenplay? Outstanding. The twists, turns and nail-biting suspense that the show is known for? Yes ma'am. Breaking Bad is back, and it's better than ever.
  19. Jul 15, 2012
    Unbelievable.
    I was too septic by the overwhelming kind of reviews I´ve read to this show, so I started to watch it and, honesty, it´s the best TV show I´ve ever seen. Bryan Cranston is just superb in this role, with no flaws or overacting. Season 5 started as the BOOM we heard in the season 4 finale. It´s a marvel that surpass the greatness of The Sopranos and The Wire.
  20. Jul 15, 2012
    Just terrific.
    Breaking Bad still the best cinematic effort of 2000s, The acting in this premiere was beyond anything we have on cinema or television nowdays (see the genius of Jonathan Banks). The super-magnet scene was more than epic.
  21. Jul 15, 2012
    Breaking Bad is back, boys & girls. & it's better than ever. The cast is still superb, the suspense is still nail-biting, and the plot is filled with twists & turns. I can easily tell that this will be the best season yet. I can't wait to see what sort of trouble Walt & co. get into this time. I didn't want the premiere to end; It's gonna suck waiting until next Sunday for the next one. SUPERB!

1. Reviewed by: Emily Nussbaum
    Aug 22, 2012
    Breaking Bad [is] a radical type of television, and also a very strange kind of must-watch: a show that you dread and crave at the same time.
  2. Reviewed by: Laura Emerick
    Jul 16, 2012
    The season five preĀ­miere "Live Free or Die", more than maintains the series' record of excellence.
  3. Reviewed by: Ken Tucker
    Jul 16, 2012
    The arc of this character--series creator Vince Gilligan's invention of Walter White as a sick soul--is, it's clear now. one of the great narratives in Television histpory. [13 Jul 2012, p.62]