• Network: AMC
  • Series Premiere Date: Jan 20, 2008
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
9.7

1. May 5, 2018
    At first, this season does seem a little slow. But once it picks up, everything is worth it. There is nothing about this show I hate and the final season capitalizes on the things I love. The finale episode of the show also may be the best episode of all time.

Rating - 98%
  2. Apr 20, 2018
    Season 5 of Breaking Bad is a phenomenal achievement in television. Bryan Cranston, Aaron Paul and Anna Gunn deliver some of the best performances of all time, the writing and directing is next level excellence. The episode “Ozymandias” will leave you speechless.
  3. Mar 23, 2018
    In this final season, we see the biggest war of the show. Not with Gus Fring or anyone else. It's Walter White against Heisenberg, and from the looks of it, Heisenberg has the upper hand. To many people die because of Walt, even just in this season ("Gliding Over All") and by the third to last episode ("Ozymandias"), retribution is coming down hard on Walt. One could even give this seasonIn this final season, we see the biggest war of the show. Not with Gus Fring or anyone else. It's Walter White against Heisenberg, and from the looks of it, Heisenberg has the upper hand. To many people die because of Walt, even just in this season ("Gliding Over All") and by the third to last episode ("Ozymandias"), retribution is coming down hard on Walt. One could even give this season so high a rating on the strength of that episode, as Heisenberg's reign of pride comes crumbling down on him and everybody he's cared for. It's a statement on pride and power, and how it grows out of control and can be our undoing. Expand
  4. Feb 3, 2018
    Best TV series ever made. It's close to perfection on every single level. Many thanks for this.
  5. Feb 2, 2018
    The best 62 episodes i have ever seen , definitely the best TV Show of all time.
  6. Feb 1, 2018
    Throughout watching this show I was curious, "how are they going to top season 1?" then season 2 did it. "How are they going to top season 2?" then season 3 did it. "How are they going to top season 3?" then season 4 did it. "How are they going to top season 4?" the season 5 did it. This season blew me away with its new characters and ideas, using foreshadowing and non-linear storytellingThroughout watching this show I was curious, "how are they going to top season 1?" then season 2 did it. "How are they going to top season 2?" then season 3 did it. "How are they going to top season 3?" then season 4 did it. "How are they going to top season 4?" the season 5 did it. This season blew me away with its new characters and ideas, using foreshadowing and non-linear storytelling to hint what happens at the end. It makes you have definite opinions on the characters within and makes you truly feel the emotions they're going through. This season along with all the others makes Breaking Bad one of the greatest shows of all time. Expand
  7. Jan 15, 2018
    The whole series is just amazing, 10 out of 10 for all seasons. You have to watch it.
  8. Jan 3, 2018
    A quinta temporada de Breaking Bad é uma das melhores produções audiovisuais já feitas.
  9. Dec 30, 2017
    Una obra maestra, todo es perfecto, la trama, los personajes, las escenas de acción e inclusio la tensión de las primeras temporadas, nada mas que decir, mi serie favorita y no creo que cambie.
  10. Dec 23, 2017
    Brilliantly acted, wonderfully scripted and probably the greatest antihero of tv history.
    This tv show is unparalleled and unrivalled and comes in the category of The Greatest shows of all time.
  11. Nov 6, 2017
    With any great TV show there is always that worry that its final episodes won’t offer a fitting finale, fortunately that is not the case here. Yes, this series stretches plausibility further than previous seasons but it is every bit as entertaining and, as the final credits rolled, it was clear you were witnessing the end of one of TV’s truly great drama series.
  12. Nov 5, 2017
    I'm writing this as review of the tv show as a whole. The acting in this tv show remains as one of the most convincing in modern television. The screenplay of this series, was fantastic I loved it, I never complained. The twists of this show were amazing, unexpected, engaging brilliant. The character development of every single character in this entire series is unmatched. You love Walter,I'm writing this as review of the tv show as a whole. The acting in this tv show remains as one of the most convincing in modern television. The screenplay of this series, was fantastic I loved it, I never complained. The twists of this show were amazing, unexpected, engaging brilliant. The character development of every single character in this entire series is unmatched. You love Walter, you love Jessie. Breaking bad is and always will be one of the best shows on television. it is sad to see it end however I feel the ending was fitting, and brilliantly put together. The camera work and music and everything about this show is to die for, a masterpiece of modern television. Expand
  13. Jul 23, 2017
    What a ride! One of the best T.V series that has ever been created. An amazing story which is heart breaking, exciting and just mesmerizing overall. A must watch for anyone who loves television! This show completely went over and above every expectation that I have. Props to the makers!!
  14. Jun 14, 2017
    To not call the final season of Breaking Bad one of the greatest TV finales and shows in television history, hell in the entirety of dramas across history, would be a huge erroneous mindset to have. Never has a show delivered on a trip of pure malice, evil, gut wrenching inhumanity and the damned actions of one's own pride and arrogance in such a perfect way that to this day I still thinkTo not call the final season of Breaking Bad one of the greatest TV finales and shows in television history, hell in the entirety of dramas across history, would be a huge erroneous mindset to have. Never has a show delivered on a trip of pure malice, evil, gut wrenching inhumanity and the damned actions of one's own pride and arrogance in such a perfect way that to this day I still think of no competitor, no contemporary that holds a candle to this magnum opus of television shows. There is no weak point, no loose ends and an ending that I argue is genius and simply emotional. To see a man turn from family loving father to drug kingpin monster and still root for his side makes Walter White one of the best characters ever written and acted. Jesse Pinkman and his culmination is a low blow of pure sadness, misery and despair as we see the junkie man turn into the very essence of Walt's meddling and lust for never saying no or ever stopping for a second. People will talk about this for years to come and no show season has ever hit me with pure perfection as Season Five. Expand
  15. May 5, 2017
    absolutely amazing tv show!! one of the best that Ive ever seen, masterpiece, I enojyed all 62 caps,I would see it again over an over again, everything is extremely well done, acting, characters, music, history, scenography, I love the quote" I am not in danger, I AM THE DANGER!"
  16. Mar 18, 2017
    Yeah b*tch! Breaking Bad: Season 5 is the best in the series where everything that happens before hand leads up to the ultimate climax we have been waiting for. This season delivers the most memorable moments, performances, writing, action, and everything else in between. Upon initial viewing of the finale I wasn't sure how I felt about it, but as I think about it more and more I come toYeah b*tch! Breaking Bad: Season 5 is the best in the series where everything that happens before hand leads up to the ultimate climax we have been waiting for. This season delivers the most memorable moments, performances, writing, action, and everything else in between. Upon initial viewing of the finale I wasn't sure how I felt about it, but as I think about it more and more I come to realize that it delivers the absolute perfect ending to this masterpiece of a series. The ending is both ironic and satisfying, as it doesn't end exactly how you might expect but wraps up each character perfectly. The final shot and song choice - pure gold. I haven't watched a lot of TV and can't believe I didn't get around to watching this sooner, because Breaking Bad has to be one of the greatest TV shows ever created. If you haven't seen it by this point you're probably saying to yourself, "I should watch it then". Well guess what? You're goddamn right. Expand
  17. Mar 1, 2017
    Breaking bad is best show ever. Walter White died in last chapter and all of people been sad. Jesse Pinkman was free. Breaking bad had a great story. I love Breaking bad. See you next time.
  18. Dec 19, 2016
    I don't how to put it but, if you wanna watch this show you shouldn't, because watching any other show won't cut it after watching this masterpiece.
    So yeah, save the best for the last.
    This is the best.
  19. Nov 26, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Практически весь сезон в духе трёх последних серий прошлого, как я и хотел.
    Финал шикарный, весь сезон шикарный.
    Нету лучше смерти, чем смерть под baby blue
  20. Sep 19, 2016
    I watched Breaking Bad for about 10 minutes before I got bored and turned it off. This is quite possibly the worst tv show I have ever seen. I eever seen. I even tried going back to watching it last year and got bored again in episode 11 and it sucked so bad that I stopped watching.
  21. Sep 11, 2016
    This show is unlike anything I've ever watched. I watched because a friend highly recommended it. When I was watching the show I thought it was good, but I was waiting for the part where it gets really good, like he said. Then came the last season. The last like 5 episodes were just mind blowingly phenomenal. Those last episodes were so good in my mind that it easily raised my levelThis show is unlike anything I've ever watched. I watched because a friend highly recommended it. When I was watching the show I thought it was good, but I was waiting for the part where it gets really good, like he said. Then came the last season. The last like 5 episodes were just mind blowingly phenomenal. Those last episodes were so good in my mind that it easily raised my level of appreciation for this series. This is the best series finale I've ever watched. Expand
  22. Aug 15, 2016
    This is the most over-rated TV show of all time. Its more like a very long movie than a TV show. There aren't enough characters. Two main female characters, three including the baby girl. There are some good performances and its a solid 6 out of 10 overall. The shaky cam is often too shaky and the glass bottom shots were stupid. Its was very predicable in parts. Compared with a trulyThis is the most over-rated TV show of all time. Its more like a very long movie than a TV show. There aren't enough characters. Two main female characters, three including the baby girl. There are some good performances and its a solid 6 out of 10 overall. The shaky cam is often too shaky and the glass bottom shots were stupid. Its was very predicable in parts. Compared with a truly awesome TV show like The Sopranos, Breaking Bad doesn't even come close. Expand
  23. Jul 31, 2016
    The general serie gets better along the seasons, at least until the 3rd season, the most boring season, but great even so. After this, the program about mr. White got a marvelous level, until gets the apex in season 5, the best of whole program, that has the episode 14, the best of all . The action just grews up, making the program gets surrounding. There also is misterious scenes that areThe general serie gets better along the seasons, at least until the 3rd season, the most boring season, but great even so. After this, the program about mr. White got a marvelous level, until gets the apex in season 5, the best of whole program, that has the episode 14, the best of all . The action just grews up, making the program gets surrounding. There also is misterious scenes that are compreensives after linking points (Like the 2nd season inicial scenes) make the series very attractives. The mystery, the action, the good story, the excellent scripts, the semiotic (like color theory about caracthers' clotes' color), the conquers caracters, the "psycopathization" of the Walter White ( that starts the contraband for a noble cause but the ganancy got up to him head), every this added forms Breaking Bad, a Badass series

(P.S.: This grade referes to the series in a general manner)
  24. Jul 30, 2016
    Breaking Bad seemed destined for greatness when it debuted, and it only improved from there, growing into a legendary television program and an era-defining cable experience.
  25. Jul 21, 2016
    شاهکارترین فیلمی که در زندگی ام دیدم همراه با بازیگران فوق العاده قدرتمند.
    همچنین پایان بندی فیلم هم فوق شاهکار بود. دیگه تو زندگیم سریالی به این قشنگی نخواهم دید
  26. May 24, 2016
    Intriguing, pure suspense in every episode. No matter how long you wait for an idea that include Mr. White jumping into another men transforming himself again into a "good man"; this is real for real, the way it turns changes everything. Since first season, the things will come out from the standard perception, minute by minute, second by second, several plot twist are coming home.
  27. May 10, 2016
    Season 5 is as good as it ever was and has the potential to out-do itself for the 5th consecutive time. The best way to watch it is to steer clear of spoilers, sit-back, and enjoy it, just as it deserves to be enjoyed.
  28. Apr 6, 2016
  29. Feb 20, 2016
    MASTERPIECE VOL.3

Nie chcę się rozpisywać jak genialny jest finałowy sezon najlepszego serialu w historii, ponieważ zrobiło to za mnie ponad 3,5 tysiąca osób ;) To po prostu najlepsza rzecz jaką można obejrzeć. Nic tego nie przebije. To niemożliwe.
  30. Jan 21, 2016
    This show ending was so phenomenal that there isn't one day in my life that go bye that i don't think of it. I felt in love with it. My friends that i pushed the show along were in love with it, my dad felt in love with it. Seriously, just watch Breaking Bad, and then you will feel what i feel. And it will be you pushing it to your best friend, girlfriend and relatives. THIS is theThis show ending was so phenomenal that there isn't one day in my life that go bye that i don't think of it. I felt in love with it. My friends that i pushed the show along were in love with it, my dad felt in love with it. Seriously, just watch Breaking Bad, and then you will feel what i feel. And it will be you pushing it to your best friend, girlfriend and relatives. THIS is the ultimate Drama series of all time! 10000/10 Expand
  31. Dec 18, 2015
    The final season of Breaking Bad is flat awesome. The plot during this season is incredible there are some huge surprises throughout the season. Its the best of the 5 seasons of this show.
  32. Dec 15, 2015
    This is the best season I have seen like, ever. This is true human perfection. I don't know how every new season is better than the last one, but it's true. Everything comes to an end in Season 5. It's kind of funny that Walt is now the villain, he really is I think. And well, everybody knows this I suppose, but when things reach their climax (Ozymandias), you're left with the best TVThis is the best season I have seen like, ever. This is true human perfection. I don't know how every new season is better than the last one, but it's true. Everything comes to an end in Season 5. It's kind of funny that Walt is now the villain, he really is I think. And well, everybody knows this I suppose, but when things reach their climax (Ozymandias), you're left with the best TV episode ever made. It's very sad to watch. I wished things had ended more positively for Walt and his family, and everyone else. Walt meant well but he got carried away. So yes, Breaking Bad is the best TV show and this is the best season. Expand
  33. Dec 14, 2015
    Such a great show! It never failed to surprise you or keep you entertained. Its disturbing, and sometimes even funny in a dark way. The show was great from season one to season five and that's why it deserves a ten. Oh and Bryan Cranston is amazing!
  34. Nov 3, 2015
    AWESOME!! AWESOME!! AWESOME!!! the best show tv in the history,enjoy it from beginning to end , the performances are spectacular especially that of Bryan Cranston, is simply the best series of all time
  35. Oct 16, 2015
    Inspection of the series, you can get to the philosophy thoughts on the meaning of what has been done so much work Walt white
    Heavy series heavy end of the hard life of Walt
    Hey ****
  36. Oct 10, 2015
    While the plot of this show definitely has its duller parts, but always manages to bring back the tension. The ending is just as great as it is expected from such an outstanding series.
  37. Sep 18, 2015
    I'm not going to spoil anything for you in this season. Breaking Bad's last season is dark, really dark. Walter "Heisenberg" White (Bryan Cranston) and Jesse Pinkman (Aaron Paul) are teaming up again for one last batch. This time, they have to deal with Jack Welker (Michael Bowen) and his gang of neo-nazis. Walter is also trying his best to avoid his brother-in-law DEA agent Hank (DeanI'm not going to spoil anything for you in this season. Breaking Bad's last season is dark, really dark. Walter "Heisenberg" White (Bryan Cranston) and Jesse Pinkman (Aaron Paul) are teaming up again for one last batch. This time, they have to deal with Jack Welker (Michael Bowen) and his gang of neo-nazis. Walter is also trying his best to avoid his brother-in-law DEA agent Hank (Dean Norris) and keeping his relationship with Skyler (Anna Gunn) and his son Walter Jr. (RJ Mitte). Walter is no longer an anti-hero, you don't like him anymore. The last five episodes are some of the most depressing and darkest episodes I've seen in a show. In the end, Breaking Bad has won over 100 awards (including 2 Golden Globes) and it's considered to be one of the best TV shows In history. In 2015, Hollywood Reporter placed Breaking Bad at #2 in their top 100 TV-shows of all time (right after Friends). For me it's nothing else but my favourite show.

Best episode - Episode 14 "Ozymandias" and episode 16 "Felina" (both are equally amazing)
    Worst episode (weakest episode) - Like season 4, this season has no weaker episodes.
  38. Aug 6, 2015
    It's a beautifully fitting ending, to an extremely powerful show. The final season of Breaking Bad is at the pinnacle of TV drama, 5 seasons of growth in the characters and the story blows up in one legendary episode, 'Ozymandias', and it is sensationally gripping. I admire Vince Gilligan for not allowing the show to drag on and on just for the sake of it. The ending feels neither abruptIt's a beautifully fitting ending, to an extremely powerful show. The final season of Breaking Bad is at the pinnacle of TV drama, 5 seasons of growth in the characters and the story blows up in one legendary episode, 'Ozymandias', and it is sensationally gripping. I admire Vince Gilligan for not allowing the show to drag on and on just for the sake of it. The ending feels neither abrupt nor prolonged. The show has ended on a very respectable high. It has set new benchmarks for TV drama with it's original and captivating story, it's developed and engrossing characters and cinematography that really cannot be found anywhere else. Walter White's journey has gotten better as it's gone on. That inconsistency is only a small problem though, within a big success story. Many will mourn the loss of Vince Gilligan's marvellous creation, because it has brought hours of entertainment to the lives of many. Breaking Bad is a brilliant show. It is beautifully original, fiercely climatic and concluded perfectly. I tip my hat to Breaking Bad. Expand
  39. Jul 25, 2015
    Each episode of season five builds upon the last. The final eight episodes of this show are so superbly acted, so incredibly intense, and so emotionally heart-wrenching that at times it's hard to watch. This is especially the case for Ozymandias, perhaps the most painful and best episode of the entire series. Bryan Cranston, Aaron Paul, Dean Norris, and Jonathan Banks run the show withEach episode of season five builds upon the last. The final eight episodes of this show are so superbly acted, so incredibly intense, and so emotionally heart-wrenching that at times it's hard to watch. This is especially the case for Ozymandias, perhaps the most painful and best episode of the entire series. Bryan Cranston, Aaron Paul, Dean Norris, and Jonathan Banks run the show with their extraordinary performances. This season is a fitting conclusion to the series. It ties up all loose ends imaginable and confirms Breaking Bad as the greatest television show of all time. Expand
  40. Jul 19, 2015
    [For entire series] This strangely unique crime drama baffled me every time I half tuned in during the third season, but when I went back and watched in order from the beginning was hooked of course. The best beat for beat storytelling ever. High concept start that only got better and better, deeper and deeper setting a new benchmark in pristine quality for television drama. Walter[For entire series] This strangely unique crime drama baffled me every time I half tuned in during the third season, but when I went back and watched in order from the beginning was hooked of course. The best beat for beat storytelling ever. High concept start that only got better and better, deeper and deeper setting a new benchmark in pristine quality for television drama. Walter White of course entered the pantheon of ultimate iconic characters played as a master class by Cranston. Expand
  41. Jun 24, 2015
    The best written TV series of all time.
    In this series is really all masterfully.
    Acting, directing, an idea, a scenario, all everything.
    Many university professors who teach screenplay, proposed to his students to watch this TV show, because it is the best indicator of how make the real story.
  42. May 28, 2015
    Si pudiera poner un 20/10 lo pondria. Esta temporada es una obra maestra en todos sus capitulos. El final es increible cada ep increible. La mejor serie que vi en toda mi vida, no solo cumplio mis expectativas sino que las supero en un 500%. Se va una de las mejores series, marco la television para siempre y cuando sea viejo le hablare a mis nietos sobre Breaking Bad. Si no la viste ¿Que esperas?
  43. May 27, 2015
    This show is one of those few things in this world where it is so hyped up by everyone you speak to, and it's shoved down your throat to the point where you might as well be tied to a chair, plonked in front of a tv and forced to watch it, yet you will still enjoy every second of it. The fifth season is the best of the lot, to the extent that even Skyler becomes a likeable character! WhileThis show is one of those few things in this world where it is so hyped up by everyone you speak to, and it's shoved down your throat to the point where you might as well be tied to a chair, plonked in front of a tv and forced to watch it, yet you will still enjoy every second of it. The fifth season is the best of the lot, to the extent that even Skyler becomes a likeable character! While I haven't seen every tv show ever made and so cannot say this is the greatest tv show ever made, I can confidently assure you that this is the greatest tv show I have ever had the pleasure of watching. Expand
  44. May 25, 2015
    This is one of the best drama TV series to appear on our screens over the past few years. The acting is perfect, direction is quality and production values are high. During each series, there is one or two slow episodes - but watching every episode of every series gives back a lot to the soul.
  45. May 22, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is my favorite season of my favorite show and it almost earns a 10/10 in my book. It concludes the suspenseful and all-around excellent story of Walter White and Jesse Pinkman. There are so many plot twists and memorable episodes here! It's just some of the best TV you'll ever watch (probably). Drama, action, and a little dark comedy make up this tragic finale. It ends just how it should, too. Hank's death is handled well, too. Some of the moments aren't prime, which is why it's not a ten (a few boring scenes or non-critical episodes that aren't quite to the standard) but it's still well, well worth watching! Expand
  46. Mar 30, 2015
  47. Mar 29, 2015
    Wow look at these scores, both critic and user. I don't disagree. It's just a testament to how great this show is/was. As soon as I saw that first episode I knew I'd like this show. And as the story unfolded I was drawn in even more. Each character was carefully drawn, and each actor was perfectly cast. Walt was most certainly an anti-hero. You quietly cheered for him, even though heWow look at these scores, both critic and user. I don't disagree. It's just a testament to how great this show is/was. As soon as I saw that first episode I knew I'd like this show. And as the story unfolded I was drawn in even more. Each character was carefully drawn, and each actor was perfectly cast. Walt was most certainly an anti-hero. You quietly cheered for him, even though he committed the most despicable acts of violence.

We are in a Golden Age of TV, and Breaking Bad is up there at the top with quality writing, acting, and production.
  48. Mar 28, 2015
    Although I didn't buy Walter's resolution with Uncle Jack and his crew- nor the ease with which he got to Skylar at the end- I enjoyed this season more than the rest.
    The suspense generated with each episode lends itself to eager binge watching. Several very clever twists and plot devices.
    This show is often fanatically spoken of by its fans along with The Wire as the best ever yet the main difference between the two is clearly their final season,
  49. Mar 28, 2015
    Indisputably: The best series of all time .
  50. Mar 27, 2015
    I have just finished the last episode, and while I'm writing I feel that remained melancholy for having concluded one of the best adventures ever.
    Simply the best tv show ever!!
  51. Mar 23, 2015
    Hooked. Absolutely hooked. One of the best shows I've ever watched, and one of the best ever made. It will be years and years before another show comes even close to what Vince Gilligan and other achieved here
  52. Mar 10, 2015
    Walter White: "I did it for me. I liked it. I was good at it. And I was really...I was alive".

This is one of the greatest finales ever made to TV, I mean Breaking Bad and Dexter ended at the same time and Dexter finale was rubbish, but Breaking Bad knows how to end a brilliant show. Am a bit sad that the fact is they is no more Breaking Bad episodes and the thing that hurts me to say the show has ended, but am happy with the finale and how it ended.

Bryan Cranston, Aaron Paul, Anna Gunn and rest of the cast did a flawless in this episode and the whole seasons.

Heisenberg will live on, in are hearts and souls
  53. Mar 1, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Season 5 of Breaking Bad was one of the best seasons of any show I've ever seen. The intricate parts, the movements, the acting, the backdrop, the story, the tension. It all builds into a remarkable finale that you'll never forget. X-FIles veteran Vince Gilligan creates a symphony of television masterwork, and it is one hell of a ride.

I really enjoyed how they showed Hank putting all the pieces together. He cannot remain blissfully in the dark anymore, and after the end of Part 1. As a viewer, you can really feel the epiphany going off in his head in the Bathroom Scene. The scene where Hank confronts Walt about knowing he is Heisenberg is so tense, its almost difficult to watch, you feel the wrath of both sides as they escalate the encounter to drawing blood. As things escalate, Hank makes it personal and this is his own downfall.

As things further escalate in Part 2 everyone starts showing their true colors. Hank hides his findings from the DEA. Skylar tries to convince Walt to kill Jessie. Jessie betrays Walt by working with Hank and Gomez's investigation (after realizing Walt was the one who poisoned Brock). Todd makes a power-play, Everyone except Walt and Saul show drastic changes in character. They all display negative character traits that they did not possess at the start of the show (or maybe they never knew they were capable of). The only ones who are trying to do the right thing is Walt and Saul. Walt has complete 180'd in light of his crumbling empire. Perhaps due to desperation. Everyone is trying to do the wrong thing, while Walt is trying to make things right. And that leads me to my final points.

To'hajiilee and Ozymandias. One of the greatest two-episode arcs I've ever seen. Its almost indescribable how intense these two episodes are. The analogy of Ozymandias and the symbolism of the crumbling empire, resonate in a way that makes it almost difficult to watch. Knowing that Hank won't walk away, Walt comes to his climax as a character. He 180s and is willing to give up everything he's worked for to save his brother-in-law, a stark contrast to the ruthless "Heisenberg." So Walt has orchestrated a scenario where "doing the right thing" is really doing more damage than it would if he had just been ruthless in the first place. More people get hurt because of his semi-change-of-heart than would have if he'd been the level-headed heavy-handed "Heisenberg" that build the empire. His humanism seals his downfall.

In the finale, Felina, Walt goes out on his own terms. Knowing that escape is improbable (and even as he tries to leave, he cannot leave his affairs unfinished). He puts an end to everything he's created, coerces his old colleagues at Grey Matter Industries to make sure his family gets his blood money, and reconciles with Jessie by giving him an opportunity for vindication.

I love how this season brought out the evil in the "good" characters, and the "good" out of the "evil" characters. It shows the true scope of what something like this would really do to the people involved. It isn't just pointless character drama, it serves a purpose and drafts a moral-convolution that only a Clint Eastwood western would rival. Walter wasn't the evil one in the end, he was the one who tried to undo everything. It was everyone else who because of either their lack-of-faith in Walt or newly-found hatred of Walt all suffer the consequences of their actions. The moral-convolution creates an environment where its difficult to decipher who exactly has the moral high ground, and who is the true villain.

Breaking Bad brings a new meaning to the phrase "doing the right thing for the wrong reasons" or "doing the wrong thing for the right reasons." Everyone is capable of evil, and even the most tyrannical are capable of compassion.
  54. Feb 5, 2015
    Breaking Balls
    (29 September 2013)
    How to do the Tarantino Twist Over-establish and exaggerate the potential danger of a confrontation. The outcome will either be met with visceral cruelty or exasperated relief. Set up in a quiet and tepid environment which reliably hosts criminal activity, gangster violence and bloodshed. Encourage flat and uninspired acting so it can be
    Breaking Balls
    (29 September 2013)

How to do the Tarantino Twist

Encourage flat and uninspired acting so it can be gratefully interrupted by a flurry of insane, horrific brutality. Or not. Whatever.

Suspend the cheerful diversionary banter to near-farcical limits then cap it off with a gruesome and dismissive murder. Or not. The thwarted expectation of murder will do until next time.

Back to the first point. Suspend and oversell the hyperbolic threat and antipathy of a murderous situation then roll the dice on the outcome.

Atrocities of any scope, collateral damage of any scale can be justified when protecting your family. (And 80 million dollars is sufficient to provide for a family of three.)
  55. Jan 28, 2015
    There are people who love this show and people who hate it, but for no apparent reason, everybody knows its the best of the past 10 years if not of all time. People will be discussing the resons of this greatness for a very long time. I am not a lover or a hater, im just a TV fan and i know that heisenberg's story is the best ever told. And that's the bottom line WHAT? Cause Walter White said so.
  56. Dec 29, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I don't understand this series. I watch every season, always expecting a great "climax", but it never really happen. The 2 main characters are a joke. Expand
  57. Dec 12, 2014
    Breaking Bad is just like the meth equivalent of Weeds, except more dramatic, more serious, and oh yeah, the main character (Bryan Cranston) is not a fine MILF. With that being said, the show is still amazing. It is well-written, well-acted, and will have you on the edge of your seat most of the time.
  58. Oct 15, 2014
    It doesn't rely on past success with this final season. It brings tons of new and tense scenarios and concludes everything on a satisfying and rather heartbreaking note. Something is always happening, and the pace never lets up. The first half of the season makes us scared of what Walt's become, while the second-half wraps up the series with emotion filled moments.

It's tense, dark,

It's tense, dark, emotional, and all around completely satisfying. This final season is the best of them all, and some of the best television ever. Believe the hype and get ready for a final season that is an absolute masterpiece.
  59. Oct 14, 2014
    Wow, just wow! One of the best series I've ever seen. I was feeling down during the last episodes but at the end my hands just raised upon themselves and clapped. This show deserves a 10.
  60. Oct 13, 2014
    Firstly I saw the BB commercials, and I must say I didn't like it from very the beginning and almost didn't pass trough season 1. But then, something changed, it went better, and better and, well, later this TV show achieved his own Nirvana. Season 5 is the opus dei, something I could never forget and probably the best thing that came out of a TV...ever.
  61. Oct 9, 2014
    Well, a great show that ended well. I wouldn't give it a ten because I gave Game of Thrones a ten, and that's a different league altogether. I didn't like how there were some moments and even full episodes (the fly one on season four) that were simply not needed. 'Filler' episodes are just a drag to watch. The plot could've progressed a bit faster as well.
    Though, ignoring those two
    Though, ignoring those two factors, this show was a good watch. Definitely had its moments. 8.5/10
  62. Oct 7, 2014
    One of the greatest shows of all time leaves with a bang. Season five is a perfect example on how to end up a masterpiece. Breaking bad is a spectacular show and i think everyone should watch it.
  63. Sep 30, 2014
    Итак, досмотрев финальный сезон, без всяких преувиличений я заявляю: "Во все тяжкие - лучшее, что я видел по телевидению на данный момент." BrBa - это настоящий пример для подражания. А Брайан Крэнстон - по-настоящему гениальный актер! Этот сериал застрял у меня в памяти и вспоминая его, у меня до сих пор пробегает холодок по спине. Это гениально!Итак, досмотрев финальный сезон, без всяких преувиличений я заявляю: "Во все тяжкие - лучшее, что я видел по телевидению на данный момент." BrBa - это настоящий пример для подражания. А Брайан Крэнстон - по-настоящему гениальный актер! Этот сериал застрял у меня в памяти и вспоминая его, у меня до сих пор пробегает холодок по спине. Это гениально!
  64. Sep 25, 2014
    A Masterpiece TV Show, only this, if you didn't watch, watch it, whatever if you like comedy, drama, action, horror or romance, Breaking Bad is not only a must watch Drama TV Show, but a must watch TV Show in general, totally amazing stroy, amazing story telling, acting, chronology and cast, perfect.
  65. Sep 19, 2014
    A truly fantastic television programme. A complete and essential masterpiece of modern television. Never have I watched a drama with such depth, such intelligence, such consideration for the world it constructs. Each episode leaves you wanting more. There are so many ideas that are presented to the viewer, of which you can explore as much as you want.

The characters extend beyond a

The characters extend beyond a script and a set. There personalities seem to reflect sin, honour, loyalty, pride, death - what is right and what is wrong. I cannot praise this show enough. Truly, truly breathtaking.
  66. Aug 26, 2014
    you know how its going to end, you can tell by the buildups, the change in the character.. but in the end, when the ending comes up, you still get the pang of pain, when one of your favorite character gets what he deserve... good series indeed. and will still linger in my head for awhile
  67. Aug 24, 2014
    The best season of the best show ever made. I was told prior to watching Breaking Bad that the seasons increase in quality as the show progresses. At the end of season 4, I didn't believe the show could possibly get any better, but I was proven wrong by the absolute mastery that is season 5 of Breaking Bad. I could go on all day about how good this show and season are, but the truth is, ifThe best season of the best show ever made. I was told prior to watching Breaking Bad that the seasons increase in quality as the show progresses. At the end of season 4, I didn't believe the show could possibly get any better, but I was proven wrong by the absolute mastery that is season 5 of Breaking Bad. I could go on all day about how good this show and season are, but the truth is, if you haven't seen it, you need to watch it, and if you have, you already know how incredible it really is. Expand
  68. Aug 17, 2014
  69. Aug 10, 2014
    This has been one of my favorite TV shows of all time. It's one of those shows were you need to dive into it, watch all the episodes and don't miss a single bit of it. It's truly go down as one of the best dramas on TV. So sad its finished but "All bad things must come to an end"
  70. Jul 27, 2014
    Breaking Bad is quite possibly the greatest show ever and this final season is a testament of that. Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul give two of the greatest performances in television history, the writing is as good as it gets. As the show draws towards it's end it's a roller-coaster ride filled with dark twists and turns, One is left wondering what will be the fate of Walter White?
  71. Jul 20, 2014
    This particular season of, what seems to be the greatest TV drama of all time, is especially mind bending because of its top-notch cast and writing. Breaking Bad season 5 I would give 5 out of 5 stars. The entire Part 1 of the season deserved every single Emmy it got, and I would say that part 2, deserves even more.
  72. Jul 14, 2014
    Before the 5th season, I was in doubt about if this was one of the greatest TV shows of all time, when I saw the ending... the doubt disappeared. Drama, comedy, tension, perfect writing, very well music selecting and exemplary performance; all this is Breaking Bad.

Congratulations to all Breaking Bad team for creating this masterpiece!
  73. Jul 10, 2014
    Siempre hay un cierto temor a que la última temporada de una serie vaya a ser un buen cierre. Y mas si se trata de una serie como Breaking Bad. Pero la quinta temporada superó las expectativas. Fue mucho mejor que la 3 y la 4 y sentí algo mas parecido a cuando veía las dos primeras.
    A partir del capítulo 12 de esta, la serie ofrece un tramo final sobresaliente. Me encantó el penúltimo episodio. El último también fue genial. Lo único malo es que terminó la serie. Sin duda, la echaré de menos. Grandiosa serie.
  74. Jul 10, 2014
    The Best TV Show EVER. We've been watching Breaking Bad along five seasons of this amazing story following the Walter's drama from teacher to become a meth cook/drug dealer.
  75. Jul 8, 2014
    Breaking Bad Season 5 is simply the best thing that has ever happened on television, if not on any media.
    The most epic cliffhangers, the best acting and the most incredible twists I have ever seen. I seriously doubt there will ever be anything even remotely comparable to this.
    The rating here says it all, basically everybody agrees that this is perfection ! As Anthony Hopkins wrote to
    As Anthony Hopkins wrote to Bryan Cranston, after having binge watched the show:

"I have never watched anything like it. Brilliant!
    [...]
    Your performance as Walter White was the best acting I have seen - ever.

I know there is so much smoke blowing and sickening **** in this business, and I've sort of lost belief in anything really.

But this work of yours is spectacular - absolutely stunning. What is extraordinary, is the sheer power of everyone in the entire production. What was it? Five or six years in the making? How the producers (yourself being one of them), the writers, directors, cinematographers.... every department - casting etc. managed to keep the discipline and control from beginning to the end is (that over used word) awesome.

From what started as a black comedy, descended into a labyrinth of blood, destruction and hell. It was like a great Jacobean, Shakespearian or Greek Tragedy.

[...]
    Congratulations and my deepest respect. You are truly a great, great actor."
  76. Jul 2, 2014
    By far the best t.v show ever made, all of the seasons are impossibly perfect. Its the only t.v show that i consider to be better than any game. 10000000000/10
  77. Jun 24, 2014
    The best drama on TV ever ends. It had a great ending with one of the best episodes and series finale ever created. The show was just awesome. Sadly it's over.
  78. Jun 15, 2014
    The series is smart, joyful, wonderful, amazing, two thumbs up. I advice you to watch it. In season 3 there some long air. but totally one of my best TV shows.
  79. Jun 8, 2014
    Ammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzziiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnggggggggg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  80. Jun 3, 2014
    I don't think I have to write a lot here. Breaking Bad is absolutely magnificent. The actors are brilliant and the plot is exciting. It's the best tv show that ever have been on tv. Just amazing.
  81. Jun 2, 2014
    This is the greatest show of all time. Period. There are fantastic shows like Dexter and The Sopranos which amaze you for the most part, but lose ideas and focus sometimes, whilst losing the viewers attention.
    With Breaking Bad, there was not a single episode that didn't fascinate me. From the unusually moving cinematography displayed throughout, to the multiple-Emmy-award winning performances from the stars of the show; from the action packed, heart stopping thrills to the intense character studies, this show has it all. If you've heard of Breaking Bad and haven't watched it, I'm not sure what you're doing. If these reviews are the first you're reading about this ground-breaking show, sign up to NetFlix right now and start the series!
  82. May 31, 2014
    Amazing.It's great to see that Breaking Bad simply hasn't withered with age like so many good series can. This episode definitely seemed like one of the better ones, with the pace, suspense, acting and screenplay all perfectly adjusted.
  83. May 25, 2014
    Breaking Bad is the best show of all time. Everybody does an outstanding job and the story just keeps on getting better. The cinematography is great and the soundtrack is good. This is a must see.
  84. May 24, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Never has a show had such a brilliant season with little dialogue. Of course, this final season owes it's success to the development of Walt and Jessie in the first four seasons, but the true winner of season five is uncle jack, the neo-nazi who seems to want to be more powerful and more important than he actually is(sounds like good ole WW). Without the surprise impact of jack, BBS5 may have been a ordinary predictable final season. Of course Walt makes the season concrete in history as one of the best ever, as he finally comes full-circle and accepts his true identity of Heisenberg. The suspense and intertwining of so many great stories coming to an end wraps of the great show, the only reason it's not a 10 is because it had an ending at all... Expand
  85. May 8, 2014
    Breaking Bad is the Greatest show of our generation and one of the greatest of all times! It's just so GREAT! The show is very realistic. It's basically like the Godfather but TV Show!
    Perfect 10 out of 10!
  86. May 6, 2014
    As in this case sometimes words are not enough to portray the greatness of some things. This is the case of Breaking Bad. I am sincerely thankful that I had the chance to watch this fine piece of art.

If you ever wondered what a perfect TV series could look like, just take a look at Breaking Bad. Once you do, you'll be hooked to it just like to a hardcore drug. I doubt that in my lifespan I'll ever be able to watch something that would be better than Breaking Bad! Honestly!!!!
  87. May 5, 2014
    You will be kept on the edge of your seat as the insanity of Walter White's drug empire grows. It is by far the best show on television in recent years, and the final season is no exception.
  88. Apr 29, 2014
    Well, one fine day I was moaning about the end of Breaking Bad..and life after BB. My GF said "chill there will a better serial than BB"..I shouted at her and said that next time if she speaks about anything better than BB, we would have a damn break up...There can be nothing better than perfect ! Breaking Bad has left great memories to cherish..it lives in our hearts. Each and everyWell, one fine day I was moaning about the end of Breaking Bad..and life after BB. My GF said "chill there will a better serial than BB"..I shouted at her and said that next time if she speaks about anything better than BB, we would have a damn break up...There can be nothing better than perfect ! Breaking Bad has left great memories to cherish..it lives in our hearts. Each and every character was amazing and interesting, and the actors who played these characters did a fine job. WALTER WHITE will be missed and PINKMAN will be remembered ..... Expand
  89. Apr 24, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. WilemDafoeJesus aprouve that Tv Show ihsdohfsodhfosahd9fowneaoirh0apnfoa9hsd0joidsiajsdiausdijadiuaihraihndayhsduadhaeduwqhasudhaushdahsdagduahnsduay. Expand
  90. Apr 18, 2014
    Best TV show I have ever seen. It is going to be hard to make a TV show as good as this one. The last 3 episodes of this final season were suspenseful and incredible. Kept me on the edge of my seat the whole time.
  91. Apr 18, 2014
    Brilliant. Just brilliant. I could sit here all day going into detail about all of the things that make Breaking Bad untouchable, but some things are simply so damn good that you'd rather just remain silent and smile about them in your own mind. It's not just heart-pounding intensity and an addictive, intriguing sequence of events, but also profoundly evocative emotional depth and honestBrilliant. Just brilliant. I could sit here all day going into detail about all of the things that make Breaking Bad untouchable, but some things are simply so damn good that you'd rather just remain silent and smile about them in your own mind. It's not just heart-pounding intensity and an addictive, intriguing sequence of events, but also profoundly evocative emotional depth and honest sentiments on the human condition that make this series such an impacting experience. The acting, the directing, the writing, the pacing (dear God the impeccable PACING!)...all damn near perfect. Bryan Cranston is beyond captivating and his performance is so frickin' great that you can watch scenes over and over again, already knowing what happens, and still find yourself enjoying them immensely just by virtue of his presence. The Walter White story truly plays out like a Shakespearean tragedy. It's more than just cool. It's operatic. And it stays with you for a long time. Probably the only television show to date that I would call a masterpiece. Just brilliant. Expand
  92. Mar 27, 2014
    Temporada cinco es soberbia junto a la cuarta temporada de The Wire son las mejores temporadas de la television. En esta temporada todo tiene un final, pero no siempre sera ese final que tanto espera nuestro amigo Walter, si en la primera parte era el ascenso del poder de White, en la segunda toca la caida, pero una caida muy dura y tragica, y eso es perder el amor de tus seres queridos.Temporada cinco es soberbia junto a la cuarta temporada de The Wire son las mejores temporadas de la television. En esta temporada todo tiene un final, pero no siempre sera ese final que tanto espera nuestro amigo Walter, si en la primera parte era el ascenso del poder de White, en la segunda toca la caida, pero una caida muy dura y tragica, y eso es perder el amor de tus seres queridos. Gracias TV por darnos una vez mas una gran serie. Expand
  93. Mar 27, 2014
    Vince Gilligan, you absolute legend for creating this. A brilliant final season from my favourite TV series of all time.................. enough said.
  94. Mar 24, 2014
    As tv shows go, i'll boldly tell you that there isn't many, if any, better than Vince Gilligan's Breaking Bad. The Wire is the only other television series that I can say rivals it. The journey of Walter White has been one of the greatest stories ever told via the small screen. Bryan Cranston delivers a career defining role by producing epic and outstanding performances. It's honestly,As tv shows go, i'll boldly tell you that there isn't many, if any, better than Vince Gilligan's Breaking Bad. The Wire is the only other television series that I can say rivals it. The journey of Walter White has been one of the greatest stories ever told via the small screen. Bryan Cranston delivers a career defining role by producing epic and outstanding performances. It's honestly, legendary. I cannot put into words how phenominal the man is. The birth of Heisenberg is a landmark moment for television and it's testimony to Breaking Bad that by it's conclusion I was more afraid of Walt than I was by who i consider tv's greatest villain Gus Frings. It was frighteningly fantastic!! But Cranston isn't alone. Aaron Paul comes up trumps and gets better with each season. I didn't take to Jesse initially but by the end I couldn't help but wish he could get out of the meth world. The final season of Breaking Bad shows you just how far the iconic series has came. Vince Gilligan's masterpiece got better, more epic, stronger and umissable year after year. The characters that the show brought to life varied but each to there own were integral to the story. Hank, portrayed expertly by Dean Norris, was wonderful. His journey to find 'Heinsenberg' was excellent. The moment of realization in 5x08 "Gliding All Over" that Walt is Heisenberg is unforgettable and unmissable. Anna Gunn also delivered a stunning portrayal as Skyler White. Bob Odenkirk deserves a mention as Saul Goodman, who will receive a spinoff show of his own. Not forgetting the incredible Giancarlo Esposito as Gustavo Frings. There's many more that ofcourse merit a mention because each character purposefully brought something to the table. Through the shows 5 season run, it oversaw some of the greatest and iconic episodes ever to air. 'Ozymandius' in S5 is arguably the best episode of tv ever! Then theres' 'Crazy Handful of Nothin' from S1, the moment of no return for Walt in 'Phoenix' in S2. 'Fly' and 'Half & Full Measures' in the climatic double header of S3. The unmissable send off 'Face-Off' from S4. 'Dead Freight' the awesome heist from S5 and ofcourse, Felina, the shows final episode. Truth be told, there isn't a bad episode in existence. Sure, they aren't all off the standard of all mentioned above but I dare say taking everything under consideration, it's in a class of it's own. The writers of the show deserve immense credit. It's outrageous to be able to to continue to produce the colossal standards that they met. Let's be honest without their magnificent minds, we would never have had the pleasure and privelege of watching Breaking Bad . Saving the best for last, Vince Gilligan. A hero, a genius, a legend? Either one of those sufface because he has created a tv show that will go down as one of the greatest ever made. Period! You can only appreciate and be in awe of what the man has achieved through Breaking Bad. I could go on forever but the only justice you can do to a show of this magnitude is to watch it yourself in what a complete masterpiece! Perfection. Expand
  95. Mar 21, 2014
    A victim of the hype train, Breaking Bad never quite lives up to the expectations thrust upon you by the media, your friends, family and their pets. Though the story is often at times gripping, there are too many episodes which fail to push the narrative forward in any meaningful way. I also take issue with the fact that the most relatable character is a sociopath, and that there areA victim of the hype train, Breaking Bad never quite lives up to the expectations thrust upon you by the media, your friends, family and their pets. Though the story is often at times gripping, there are too many episodes which fail to push the narrative forward in any meaningful way. I also take issue with the fact that the most relatable character is a sociopath, and that there are awkward moments where you actively root for him to do the wrong thing / commit serious crimes simply out of spite towards some of the more terrible cast (Marie is high on my all time list of most annoying characters). It's not The Wire, but it's certainly worth watching if you have a few weeks of down time, as this isn't really the sort of show that benefits from marathon watching. Expand
  96. Feb 28, 2014
    A serie with a kind of emotions that makes you feel surpriced. The best TV Show that i ever seen. Just Perfect, a Master Piece! :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
  97. Feb 26, 2014
    The best TV series that has ever been made.

No seriously... the BEST TV series that has EVER been made. The first episode is slow, but after that, just wow!
  98. Feb 20, 2014
    Short review... but if you have never seen any Breaking Bad before it is a must watch. It is rare to find a show , series that gets better each season. Few movies/shows/games deserve a 10/10, but without a doubt, this is one of them.
  99. Feb 17, 2014
    Having been a great fan of the series, I was slightly disappointed by the fifth series. First of all, I was hoping that Gus death would somehow solve Walt problems and enable him to wrap up his business. Unfortunately, Walt's delusion of being a big bad boss carries him too far and entangle him in even bigger trouble he had with Gus.
    Then I was really disappointed with the development of
    Then I was really disappointed with the development of the Jesse situation. I didn't buy into this rather dumb character turned into somebody standing on higher moral ground and disgusted by the money he made cooking meth. The whole part of the plot with Jesse distributing money is plain silly, moralistic and unbelievable.
    Finally, the "expansion" of the business to Europe sounded like stretching the plot a bit too far, not to mention that getting rid of Mike and Jesse also eliminated some of the most interesting interactions.
    Unfortunately we got far too much interaction between Sky and her unbearable sister. I really regret the fact that the main female characters were all so unpleasant, without any of the dark appeal Walt (and even Mike) had. Also, the last two episodes were really "heavy" to watch, without a single moment of relief. I really regretted the fact that this series which started out as a dark comedy turned into such a humorless tale of crime and punishment.
    At least, they had the good sense of stop here, without dragging it any further.
  100. Feb 1, 2014
    The end couldn't be more perfect. The way Walter learns his end was the highlight of this TV series.
    The final battle to save Jesse Pinkman was also nice. The transformation of Pinkman was nicely continued over into this season

1. Reviewed by: Emily Nussbaum
    Aug 22, 2012
    Breaking Bad [is] a radical type of television, and also a very strange kind of must-watch: a show that you dread and crave at the same time.
  2. Reviewed by: Laura Emerick
    Jul 16, 2012
    The season five pre­miere "Live Free or Die", more than maintains the series' record of excellence.
  3. Entertainment Weekly
    Reviewed by: Ken Tucker
    Jul 16, 2012
    The arc of this character--series creator Vince Gilligan's invention of Walter White as a sick soul--is, it's clear now. one of the great narratives in Television histpory. [13 Jul 2012, p.62]