Breaking Bad : Season 1

• Series Premiere Date: Jan 20, 2008
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
9.3

1. Oct 21, 2012
    While it is an entertaining show. Much of it comes across as gimicky and corny. This show probably doesn't deserve the praise and accolades it has received however it is worth a view. Jesse and Walt are a modern day Laurel and Hardy when it comes to the drug business and no matter how much bungling they do, they always manage to end up on top usually with some comic plot twist. I enjoyWhile it is an entertaining show. Much of it comes across as gimicky and corny. This show probably doesn't deserve the praise and accolades it has received however it is worth a view. Jesse and Walt are a modern day Laurel and Hardy when it comes to the drug business and no matter how much bungling they do, they always manage to end up on top usually with some comic plot twist. I enjoy the slap stick nature of the show, but I'm not going to pretend this is the best thing on TV. Expand
  2. Dec 13, 2014
    I will surely attract attention of many, but I'm not the biggest fan of that show. I find boring a little bit, I can't see this whole psychodramatic plot accents - or I just don't care about them. It has terrible characters, each one of them makes me crazy. In my private opinion, Breaking Bad is one of the most overrated tv shows ever and I completely can't understand its phenomena.
  3. Mar 3, 2014
    Seemed to drag out for the sake of it. The characters are put into situations that are easily avoidable and unrealistic to start with. Good show when it gets going but more often that not just sits about, literally. The show wants us to believe that Walter White is a feared drug kingpin, but more often than not he's relying on others to sort out his problems. Very mediocre for the mostSeemed to drag out for the sake of it. The characters are put into situations that are easily avoidable and unrealistic to start with. Good show when it gets going but more often that not just sits about, literally. The show wants us to believe that Walter White is a feared drug kingpin, but more often than not he's relying on others to sort out his problems. Very mediocre for the most part and is far to slow to even consider watching again as a whole. Expand
  4. Dec 13, 2013
    I recently have gotten into binge watching TV Series. I was heavily into Sons of Anarchy and when I got to the end I was so thirsty to watch something else that, after reading all of the great reviews I decided on Breaking Bad.

I just finished the first season and it was pretty good. But I have to say after all the great reviews and comments everywhere I am a bit disappointed. Like I said the show is pretty good but it certainly doesn't captivate me nearly as much as other shows I've watched.

The drug-dealing side of the story is very interesting and the family side is totally depressing but I don't really feel realism from either side. One note is that all I've watched is season one (only 7 Episodes) so hopefully it picks up dramatically from here and I have to come back and amend this review. I really want to be able to enjoy this show as much as I did "Sons"
  5. Jun 17, 2012
    Good show, up until the parts with no action and talking and poor acting (maybe just boring conversations) from walts wife and sister. The chemistry is off, majorly, in the process of making Meth - could be forced to in order to not get people to cook meth, or what ever. Prime example of a show that pisses you off with the 1 year waiting period until the next season (with month longGood show, up until the parts with no action and talking and poor acting (maybe just boring conversations) from walts wife and sister. The chemistry is off, majorly, in the process of making Meth - could be forced to in order to not get people to cook meth, or what ever. Prime example of a show that pisses you off with the 1 year waiting period until the next season (with month long breaks inside each season). It really makes it hard to stay attached to the show. Expand
  6. Aug 13, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Ok, so I skipped this show since it dayview back in 08 and I'm glad I did. Never understood the hype behind Breaking Bad, sure the acting by cranston is great but I think all the memes, all the heisenberg T-shirts, the heisenberg costumes in a halloween party and the constant talk about BB made my expectations to great.
    I was hoping for a show that had a great character, I mean everyone has had that thought right? What would I do if I had a terminal disease? Would I be the next drug lord, talk **** about my worst enemie, or go punch that dude that I hate just because nothing can be worse than dying.
    And in some way this does happens, we see Walter struggle trying to keep it hidden from his family and then we see him screw everything for everyone later in the series. I mean Walter has moments when he is such a BA but most of the time comes out as a whiney b...ch. Skyler for god's sake is the best character but also the worst **** I mean he did it for you!!
    Most of the episodes are boring and barely watchable and when something good happens it lasts only a couple episodes. Early in the series you would think it's a comedy show, I mean everything jessie and Walt do goes wrong. EVERYTHING. It's like the three stooges.
    Anyhow that's my opinion, not a bad show, but can't understand why it was so succesful.
  7. RL
    Mar 8, 2008
    Bryan Cranston is the only good part of this show. The character relationships aren't believable and Jesse's dialog might have been fresh 10 years ago.
  8. Jan 27, 2012
    Entertaining for sure, BUT season 1-3 could of moved faster. There are many slow lingering moments which never truly develop any character. Some of the acting and situations are forced solely for the purpose of story progression and illogical drama. What can I say thought, I'm still watching the show.
  9. Jul 30, 2014
    9.3 rating? Are you fu**ing kidding me?! This TV Show is very boring. I watched whole 1 season, even 1-2 episodes from the Season 2, as people said me, it gets better & better after some episodes, but I couldn't stand it anymore. It's not enthralling at all, even more, plot is very boring, nothing special. In short, guy (chemistry teacher) is dying from a cancer & he decides to do crazy9.3 rating? Are you fu**ing kidding me?! This TV Show is very boring. I watched whole 1 season, even 1-2 episodes from the Season 2, as people said me, it gets better & better after some episodes, but I couldn't stand it anymore. It's not enthralling at all, even more, plot is very boring, nothing special. In short, guy (chemistry teacher) is dying from a cancer & he decides to do crazy stuff before he leaves this world & decides to make drugs (methamphetamine) with one of his former student & they sell it on a black market. And that's all! The only pros of this TV Show are some actors, which play really good, especially the main character, but it can't help this TV Show when plot is uninteresting & boring. During last episodes I was so bored, that I didn't even watch it normally. I was just listening to it & browsing the Internet at the same time. I quit at the beginning of the Season 2 & I don't even have a desire to continue it. Definitely not worth the 9.6. It's very overrated. I'm giving it 4 out of 10. Expand
  10. Feb 16, 2015
    It didn't caught my attention, like it hasn't a good story for my expectation, it isn't mean that the show is a poor quality one, but it isn't my style of shows. I don't like it.

The show, so far, doesn’t have quite the right ingredients--it could use something more combustible in the mix.
  2. Reviewed by: Ken Tucker
    Breaking Bad mixes desperation and deviousness to yield a volatile, valuable product.
  3. Give Gilligan credit for a pilot, written mostly as one long flashback, that is suspenseful and surprising. Cranston is always fun to watch and Bad is no exception. What's more, a strong supporting cast suggests there is a lot of room for this series to grow.