Broad City : Season 1

Season #: 1, 2, 3
8.1

1. Feb 26, 2017
    This show seems to be promoted by a bunch of bloggers who can't shut up about how much they "love it" but it's really not very good at all. Hipster's aren't especially interesting at all as a subculture and at this point gen-z is replacing the millennials anyway. It's unclear if they are acting like loathsome hipsters or if they are just hipster's who everyone hates, but if they're beingThis show seems to be promoted by a bunch of bloggers who can't shut up about how much they "love it" but it's really not very good at all. Hipster's aren't especially interesting at all as a subculture and at this point gen-z is replacing the millennials anyway. It's unclear if they are acting like loathsome hipsters or if they are just hipster's who everyone hates, but if they're being ironic they may be too good for their own good. If they are just being mean-spirited I can't see why that's especially funny either. That's more like elitism from the pov of a corporate shill. Illana is raunchy and Abbi is the straight man and it's just a bunch of zany gags. It's no different from any of other show on cable who's primary purpose is to sell air time to vendor's. Expand
  2. Nov 6, 2016
    The actors can't even pronunciate the lines they wrote for themselves, or act. I don't know if they're trying to fit as much content into each episode as possible, or if they are on coke, but speed reading lines makes the show an obvious cringefest, and obviously poor on many levels. It's also just not funny. Ever. It's as if the show only exists to prove that not everybody's life shouldThe actors can't even pronunciate the lines they wrote for themselves, or act. I don't know if they're trying to fit as much content into each episode as possible, or if they are on coke, but speed reading lines makes the show an obvious cringefest, and obviously poor on many levels. It's also just not funny. Ever. It's as if the show only exists to prove that not everybody's life should be made into a show like they think it should, just because they have access to Youtube. Expand
  3. Mar 18, 2016
    Felt like this was a forced version of a female version of workaholics. I wanted to like the show, but I can't. I will try to watch the next two seasons, because my friends insists its funny. The skits aren't funny and the characters are rather annoying. It's a good show for immature high school girls experimenting with pot, other than that I don't see the appeal.
  4. Jun 6, 2015
    The best comedy show out there. The gags are just incredible, every single episode is funnier than the previous.

Continue like this and you will make billions!
  5. May 23, 2015
    God this show sucks. I don't know if I just don't understand it or what but it just was awful. The 2 lead characters are simply terrible. They are completely unlikable and unfunny. I love comedy but I really dislike that big city entitled liberal 20's lifestyle. I'm 23 and its just so funny how naive people my age are. I don't know if they are trying to insult the modern culture, or ifGod this show sucks. I don't know if I just don't understand it or what but it just was awful. The 2 lead characters are simply terrible. They are completely unlikable and unfunny. I love comedy but I really dislike that big city entitled liberal 20's lifestyle. I'm 23 and its just so funny how naive people my age are. I don't know if they are trying to insult the modern culture, or if they are just trying to relate, but this wannabe 20 something inner city demographic has got to stop. People were talking about how this show is great for women in TV because it features women in the city living together, and doing standard "dude comedy stuff" but in reality, it makes women look retarded, shallow and just plain bad. I want a show about a woman living the the city like Louie, who is a relatable mature adult. Not every show about women being 20 and whatever stupid inner city crap they are doing. Expand
  6. Jan 17, 2015
    In a world where the big bang theory and mike and molly reign supreme thank god they actually made something for me to enjoy. Love it reminds me a little bit of Curb your enthusiasm with a pay off at the end of the episodes. Watched this season in a weekend.
  7. Apr 12, 2014
    I real surprise. I found myself favoring this show over the bathroom humor of workaholics (although there is admittedly a hilarious bathroom scene in episode 7). The wedding episode was one of the funniest things I've seen on television in quite a while.
  8. Apr 4, 2014
    With the humor of Workaholics and the comedic presence of two hilarious women set in artsy New york city this comedy is a must see. It may be too crass, dry or juvenile for some, others will adore that the most. I give this Sitcomedy 5/5 bags of popcorn.
  9. Apr 4, 2014
    The show is brilliant. Being able to relate to some aspects; twenty something, low-income, acquired brooklynite, made it enjoyable to watch. At twenty something life is short and moving in a hurry, make lite and laugh a little. Broad city brings the laughs!
  10. Mar 27, 2014
    this show is funny it show how girls are not that classy we are gross like guys ..... ...and it not all about every thing going right and not just sex
  11. Mar 22, 2014
    I thought this would be a really crappy trash tv comedy but it ended up being surprsingly funny and well thought out. Its edgy and can be seen as a breath of fresh air amidst the other crap on tv.
  12. Feb 27, 2014
    Fantastic show. People are so attuned to one "form" of sitcom that any other attempt at creating comedy just flies over their head. Ignore them because Broad City is good and most importantly VERY confident of what it wants to be. That is incredibly rare for any series this early, the leads' friendly chemistry bouncing off each other perfectly and the low-stakes of the story makes it farFantastic show. People are so attuned to one "form" of sitcom that any other attempt at creating comedy just flies over their head. Ignore them because Broad City is good and most importantly VERY confident of what it wants to be. That is incredibly rare for any series this early, the leads' friendly chemistry bouncing off each other perfectly and the low-stakes of the story makes it far more relatable than any "twenty-somethings in big city" show you've heard of in past decade (looking especially at you GIRLS).

On top of it, Broad City is plain funny. It's leads or it's side/recurring characters throwing off incredibly smart array of comedy ranging from vulgar to deadpan.

This is great and hilarious stuff and I can only imagine how good this will get a few seasons in.
  13. Feb 21, 2014
    As a dude who loved workaholics I was hesitant (Expecting the typical vag and tampon woman humor), but I love the chemistry and it's creative. The guest stars are great. The pilot isn't fantastic but it gets better afterwards.
  14. Feb 20, 2014
    God this show is terrible. Even Hannibal Buress can't save this steaming pile. With Workaholics not pumping out anything good Comedy Central now has an entire hour of unwatchable ****
  15. Feb 20, 2014
    People keep saying "if you like Workaholics you'll love Broad City!"

I watch Workaholics because the first two seasons reminded me of exaggerated versions of my friends. They've gotten really tryhard and way too over the top since midway through season 3 and I have stopped watching them. Broad City is everything I hated about recent Workaholics without any of the positives. Tryhard
    People keep saying "if you like Workaholics you'll love Broad City!"

Broad City is everything I hated about recent Workaholics without any of the positives. Tryhard edgy **** that honestly wouldn't have even impressed me when I was a teenager because it's so **** stupid. Plus they push the fact that they're girls but they aren't typical girls! OMG SO QUIRKY LOL LMFAO and it's so god damn heavy handed that I can't stomach it.

I can't wait until this show is canceled, I'd rather have another time slot filled with Tosh.0 reruns then this crap.
  16. Feb 17, 2014
    There's really nothing especially clever about the skits, and while it's not as bad as some of these other reviewers are making it out to be, after getting through 3 episodes it's pretty obvious all these two have to go on is cheesy weed jokes and self humiliation scenes. What's most discouraging about this show is the positive reinforcement we are seeing by the critics. It's as ifThere's really nothing especially clever about the skits, and while it's not as bad as some of these other reviewers are making it out to be, after getting through 3 episodes it's pretty obvious all these two have to go on is cheesy weed jokes and self humiliation scenes. What's most discouraging about this show is the positive reinforcement we are seeing by the critics. It's as if standards have been lowered to the point where shows like this are considered smart and witty. Again, it's semi-watchable and offers the occasional chuckle or gasp, but the same repetitive skits surrounding these girls' lives isn't going to cut it for a full season. Expand
  17. Feb 3, 2014
    Possibly the worst "comedy" show I've ever seen. How many good shows were passed up for this abomination? Comedy Central should be ashamed, I wonder who these chicks knew to be able to get on T.V....
  18. Feb 2, 2014
    This show is AWESOME. I'm already addicted. I'd basically given up on sitcoms until this came along. This not only doesn't leave me feeling dumber at the end of the episode (like most TV does), it's really fresh. Where has this show been all my life?
  19. Jan 30, 2014
    I really enjoyed this show. Some scenes can be a little bland but the episodes start a little too slow but usually get a lot more funnier as the episodes progress. I'm really hoping this show gets renewed for a second season.
  20. Jan 27, 2014
    The first episode was terrible. Hannibal Buress was the only bright spot in the entire thing. Just brutal, unfunny television. Can't imagine going back for episode two.
  21. Jan 23, 2014
    I watched the first episode and honestly didn't laugh once. The jokes weren't funny, the plot was lame and the acting seemed REALLY forced. Like high school girls doing skit comedy. maybe it will get better with the next episodes

1. Reviewed by: Davis Harper
    Feb 11, 2014
    As opposed to a more mainstream comedy like The Mindy Project or Two Broke Girls, Broad City sits at the margins of comedy and doesn't muddle its humor by sticking its conclusions about the human condition right under the audience's nose.
  2. Reviewed by: Neil Drumming
    Feb 3, 2014
    The premiere does feel a tad stretched at times. But next week’s episode gets deeper into the girls’ money troubles with the help of guests Rachel Dratch and Janeane Garofalo as oddball yet oddly authentic employers. By then, the humor is humming along nicely and--what do you know--Broad City” has found its rhythm.
    Problem is, these same episodes lurch between nuanced observation of real-world trivialities and goofy sketch comedy exaggeration, and their flashes of spiky personality don't alleviate the feeling that, content-wise, the show is stuck in that regrettably familiar commercial cable bind: not safe, exactly, but not dangerous, either.