• Network: FOX
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 17, 2013
  • Season #: 1 , 2
7.6

1. Sep 21, 2013
    Samberg is annoyingly smug in his delivery, demanding a laugh out of every syllable he spews. It needs to dial down the hideous snark all-around. Barney Miller was the last good urban cop show. This is a steamy pile.
  2. Sep 17, 2013
    This show seems like it doesn't know what it wants to be. Is it a screwball comedy or one that solves crimes?Either way it isn't funny. Stereotypical black boss, rule-breaking gifted detective and his way too hot and young to be a homicide detective partner. Whichever critics thought this show was funny need a new t.v.
  3. Sep 17, 2013
    Honestly surprised that critics like it as much as they do. Sure there is a bit of humor but some of it is not only quite stupid but also head scratching as well, Like it doesn't make sense and is really awkward (in a bad way). I don't think I am gonna continue watching it because I simply didn't care for it.
  4. Sep 18, 2013
    It suffers from the same old cookie cutter network formulas. Odd to poor casting. Outlandish unbelievable scenarios. I loved Andy Samberg in Cuckoo (UK), that part was what he excels at. This cop thing not so much. Its just so far fetched you can never really get into it. They could not have done much worse, this just has no chance of renewal or pickup. This show is DOA unfortunately.It suffers from the same old cookie cutter network formulas. Odd to poor casting. Outlandish unbelievable scenarios. I loved Andy Samberg in Cuckoo (UK), that part was what he excels at. This cop thing not so much. Its just so far fetched you can never really get into it. They could not have done much worse, this just has no chance of renewal or pickup. This show is DOA unfortunately. Fox cant get a comedy hit to save their lives. It was doomed the second it was announced on that network. The critics are drinking their own bathwater. Expand
  5. Sep 30, 2013
    Terrible. Boring. The character are not interesting or funny. Shows like this give me hope that I too could get a program on a TV because it wouldn't be hard to come up with a better premise and a better script.
  6. Sep 24, 2013
    Juvenile...at best.......boring and annoying at worst. The rest of this review is just filler to get up to 150 characters...but I still thought this show was lame.
  7. Nov 12, 2014
    I watched the first season and part of the second after friends insisted that it was a good show. The show is a mess. There are too many characters and it makes them all seem under-served and not believable. Even for a show that is purposely goofy and light it's hollow. It reminds me of when the Office cast grew to the point of it being too noisy. Brooklyn nine nine seems to have startedI watched the first season and part of the second after friends insisted that it was a good show. The show is a mess. There are too many characters and it makes them all seem under-served and not believable. Even for a show that is purposely goofy and light it's hollow. It reminds me of when the Office cast grew to the point of it being too noisy. Brooklyn nine nine seems to have started there. Samberg isn't protagonist material either and that makes the rest of the show suffer. No single point for the audience to jump off of. Expand
  8. Oct 10, 2013
    I really wanted to like this show but its nothing that we haven't seen before (are they trying to do another RENO 911?). All the funny skits were predictable and far from original. I found myself not laughing once (and I love Andy Samberg). I expected more from this show but was left wanting to find something else to watch.
  9. Oct 24, 2014
    I feel bad for the actors around that No talent clown Sandturd. The show at times is ok. But Tv is overwhelmed with cop shows. The way he tries to be funny is moronic.

1. Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Nov 27, 2013
    Brooklyn Nine-Nine is fine as it is. Tell your DVR to book it. [9 Dec 2013, p.43]
  2. Reviewed by: Michael Starr
    Oct 3, 2013
    All in all, it’s just plain unarresting, which is too bad.
  3. Reviewed by: Brian Tallerico
    Sep 26, 2013
    It’s got that awkward but lovable and relatable sense of humor. A few too many easy jokes in the premiere can be forgiven for setting up the characters and premise.