7.3

1. Jun 19, 2012
    This show is genius. This this first time in ages I've seen comedy I could call "creative" and "new". But importantly, I laughed throughout and at times laughed uncontrollably. I find myself sitting here anxiously awaiting another episode. I like it so much I'm going to seek out the podcasts of the same name. I don't expect many critics to get this show. Critics tend to cynically resistThis show is genius. This this first time in ages I've seen comedy I could call "creative" and "new". But importantly, I laughed throughout and at times laughed uncontrollably. I find myself sitting here anxiously awaiting another episode. I like it so much I'm going to seek out the podcasts of the same name. I don't expect many critics to get this show. Critics tend to cynically resist things that are fresh and new, because they are unconsciously trying to create a definition of what is art, and so something completely new and original therefore seemingly contradicts that definition. Expand
  2. Jun 16, 2012
    The only way this show could possibly be better is if it was 2 hours long and on every day. If you are a fan of things that are funny this is the show for you and your awesome friends.
  3. Aug 20, 2012
    I love this show. I knew from the podcast it would be special, but what makes it all the better is that it's different from all the other talk shows which, while still enjoyable are pretty much carbon copies of each other. Different in a good, better way. Please let there be more of this show.
tbd

No score yet - based on 3 Critics

1. Reviewed by: Robert Lloyd
    Jun 7, 2012
    Though it does not seem to be entirely scripted, it is (as opposed to the rambling podcast) highly organized and includes invented guests alongside those appearing as not necessarily reliable versions of themselves.
  2. Reviewed by: Keith Staskiewicz
    Jun 7, 2012
    It's an oddity, but the comfortable looseness makes up for the fact that it's really about nothing in particular.
  3. Reviewed by: Brian Lowry
    Jun 7, 2012
    While it would be unfair to say Comedy Bang! Bang! lacks moments of inventiveness, the whole exercise has the precious feel of a student project.