• Network: NBC
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 17, 2009
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5
9.3

1. Oct 15, 2010
    This is one of my favorite shows on television. I don't know why it doesn't get viewers like it should. Each episode is so funny, and well-written. Thank goodness it's on NBC, so it won't get canceled for having so few viewers for a little while. Hopefully things pick up though, because I'd hate to see such a good thing go.
  2. Oct 20, 2010
    BEST SHOW ON TELEVISION, PERIOD. this show is so funny, the writing is so very good, i can relate to all the characters, this show honestly surprises me every new episode. i can't wait until the next one comes out. watch it please, so it doesn't get canceled.
  3. Jan 7, 2011
    Another brilliant show that is on the bubble because of the general populations toilet humour and unwillingness to exercise their brain. not withstanding the first part of Season 1, Community is becoming one of the best all around 1/2 hour sitcom comedies ever...... say that I am wrong!!!!!!
  4. Nov 15, 2010
    Season 2 of this show continues to amaze me. I've neer seen such a wonderful show! This is the bright spot in a NBC Night when I only look forward to this, 30Rock, and The Office.
  5. Nov 8, 2010
    Community is an amazing show in danger of being cancelled. I am taking a stand for a television show that I very much enjoy because I don't want to see if fade and be replaced by more sh*tty reality television.
  6. Nov 8, 2010
    Best show in television currently. The humor is both subtle and in-your-face at the same time. None of the characters take themselves too seriously, and they all work well with each other. Donald Glover and Danny Pudi are especially hilarious. I think it's the dialogue that really makes this show as good as it is.
  7. Nov 19, 2010
    This is the best comedy on TV. It almost makes me angry that Outsourced gets more viewers than this and the only reason is that it comes on after the Office.
  8. Jan 15, 2012
    This show is amazing. I can not stop watching it. The writing gets you hooked on the series and the characters make you come back for more and more. #anniesmove
  9. Mar 11, 2011
    Love this show. One of my favorites. Hilarious with such an awesome cast. They have such good chemistry and Joel McHale is always hilarious. The characters are all so likable and fun. I always tune in on Thursday!
  10. Apr 18, 2011
    Well-written and actually laugh out loud funny. Once I started season 2 I was definitely hooked on every character...a MUST-WATCH!!! More people really need to give this show a chance and keep watching, I'd hate to see this get cancelled :(
  11. May 24, 2011
    This show just keeps getting better. Possibly the best show on TV, I love those paintball episodes. actually it is the best show on TV with fantastic acting end amazing writing, I have a feeling season three will be even better.
  12. May 26, 2011
  13. Dec 30, 2011
    Season 2 (or rather the end) was where I first started watching the show. I am normally not a fan of NBC comedies. This show is perfect. I think the key is while it degenerates into geekiness all the time, it does so without alienating the non-geeky viewers, and this is why it is superior to the other so-called geek show "Big Bang Theory". They have to explain the joke, Community does not. Community lets you get it on your own, or not and if you don't, its still a fun watch. Personally I think its the best comedy on TV right now. Fingers crossed. Collapse
  14. Jun 29, 2011
    In the time where the dominant sitcom on television world-wide are re-runs of a show which stars a drug fuelled womanizer whose famous for living with his "goddesses" (who do un-godly things), and quoting the ever-so intelligent phrase "winning", audiences tend to lose sight of something that is actually substantial in the comedy world. What audiences should be watching is Community. Read full review at: www.screencurry.blogspot.com Expand
  15. Sep 15, 2011
    Fascinating and hilarious characters, witty pop culture referencing, terrific writing, and a perfect cast. "Community" is one of the best shows in television history in season 2.
  16. Sep 26, 2011
    Just as good as the first season, if not better.
    More jokes, more parodies, more paint-balls.
    Cannot complain about this season at all, even though I can see why some may complain about the shows believability in its plot, however I still congratulate it on keeping it fresh on every episode.
  17. Sep 26, 2011
    Just a brilliant TV show, and well-acted too. Plausibility? Who cares.... it's so well crafted (and so self-aware in a non-irritating way) that I couldn't care less. Season 1 was great; Season 2 was even better... right down to the last few moments of the season!
  18. Feb 5, 2012
    I am addicted to this show. I think it is the funniest show on television at the moment. Love the geeky homages, numerous easter eggs, and the cast is incredibly talented. Criminally underrated.
  19. Jan 15, 2013
    Community is just, well it can't be described in words unfortunately. Community is by far the best comedy show/series since friends in my opinion. Yes it IS that good, just watch it and you will know why, it's just unexplanable.
  20. Jan 15, 2013
    The most astoundingnly, clever comedy to grace the small screen since Friends and Seinfeld. God, this comedy series just can't be described in words. You have to watch it imo, if you aren't you're really missing out.
  21. Feb 23, 2012
    As much as I found Season One of Community funny, I didn't find it as funny as this season. Season two of Community is by far one of the best seasons in television of the last decade! From the KFC space simulator to a stop motion animated Christmas special. this show has it all. If you haven't watched this show your Streets Ahead!
  22. Jan 5, 2014
    Easily the best show on T.V. right now and this is its best season. While season 1 was the show feeling itself out, this season throws everything you knew about a television sitcom out the window and makes its own path. The writing is definitely the star of the show as it's easily the best written show on television bar none. While the later seasons might have put a damper on the show as a whole, and while it will never again reach the level it did in this season, this is still one of the few shows on television that will thoroughly surprise you with some of the stuff it brings up. And the characters are still their crazy selves. While I can't hold it against a fan of this series to have lost hope after the debacle that was season 4, season 2 will forever be able to hold it's own as one of the best overall sitcom seasons ever. Buy this and watch it over and over again. You won't regret it. Expand
  23. Feb 28, 2012
    The most original show on TV, at least in this millennium... The second season was way better than the first one. The show is funny and intelligent, I'd say is the best show in television currently. The funny part of this show is that they've exaggerated everything that happens on this series. This show it is totally worth to watching.
  24. Apr 23, 2012
    Arguably the funniest show on TV. Season 1 is perfect. Season 2 is great. Season 3 is still pretty awesome (although there have been a few misses). Regardless I hope it gets one more season and finishes out all the plot and story lines. Always excited for it every week. (and I am just copying this for each season)
  25. Mar 28, 2012
    This is one of the many comedy series revolutionized in their second season. Most comedies try to find their way throughout their first few seasons, until they enter a hay day of a few years, then slowly decay until their long due end. "Community" is not meant, or built, to be that kind of show. It is a four season, (four year community college) comedy series that has it's "whole life planned out", so to speak. The revolution came in this awesome second season.
    The First season of "Community", focused on a basic, safe type of comedy that included heavy character development humor setups, not always original, but always funny, and with a strong emotional payoff. I think some people will be surprised watching Community Season 2, and realizing the game for them has all changed. For Example, -All cliches are left at the door, and trying to predict what will happen after the commercial break has now become a guessing game again after a long period in comedy in which that was not the case.
    -The creepy quirks of Chang and the Dean have become genuinely creepy, and almost twice as funny as a result. -The humor has aged, and even though they are talking about themes as immature as KFC, or Paintball, it has become meta, and is some of the most clever comedy on television. (See, "My Dinner With Abed")

Finally, they have kept everything that was so great about the first season. The development has become more personal for the characters in this season as Jeff realizes that his calling in life might not be as one track centered as he thought. The emotional payoffs are still strong here, for example the Leone style twist that comes at the end of the First Part of the Paintball fiasco at the end of the season. Season 2 of Community will be remembered by some the "Scream" of T.V. Shows, with self referential humor, the knowledge of cliches, and the humor staying stylish and trendy, but hopefully many will remember it as "Season 2 of Community." One of the most innovative Seasons of Television Comedy.
  26. Dec 4, 2012
    Community delves in levels that most television shows would never dream to hope for. But Community makes it work. The pop-culture references and metabolic execution are amazing as is the cast. #Sixseasonsandamovie!
  27. Dec 27, 2012
    Season 2 was brilliant. Community dared to push boundaries, and it paid off. It's a shame that very few people watch this show, but I'm glad it has such a huge global fanbase. Keep it up!
  28. Jan 29, 2013
    this show just keeps getting better! Outlandish and ludicrous, but in a good way. The characters have very unique personality and great chemistry as a group. Jeff Winger in particular, is amazing.
  29. Aug 10, 2014
    My favorite comedy show on TV. Hilarious jokes, awesome characters and brilliant writing. It's one of those rare shows on TV that gets you addicted. So glad its getting a sixth season.
  30. May 9, 2014
    As you probably thought sophomore seasons of tv shows can either be better or worse but Community takes it to a whole new level making it stronger and better the acting all comes together with its fused chemistry probably turning this show into a cult.
  31. Feb 16, 2014
    Community Season 2 is passing on all fronts this show continues to make me laugh out loud and TV shows or movies rarely do that, every character have important parts to play in the series and they have alot of great moments that'll make laugh till you are in tears trust me.
  32. Jun 29, 2011
    Not as good as the first season, but it was still funny a Hell! There were some episodes that were a little off, like the episode where Shirley gave birth.
  33. Apr 28, 2011
    ONE OF THE BEST SHOW EVER!! It made me laugh a lot, like a few shows. It's clever and stupid at the same time. i hope they'll never delete it. Everyone should see it!!!
  34. Jan 21, 2011
    Community got a bit crazy at the end of the first season, and I mean it in a good way. So what would it do in its second season? get even crazier. Stop motion? sure. Halloween episode that turns Greendale students into zombies? that too. And you know what? it's **** great. This is the meta-est show on TV right now and it's heading towards a lot of self referencing (see: Arrested Development) so lets hope that audiences are willing to go with it and well, for the writers and cast to be able to knock it out of the park every week. Expand
  35. Jul 30, 2011
    After devouring the first season with glee, I was apprehensive about the possibility of a 'sophomore slump.' I have to admit, some of this season's episodes have missed the mark. The problem is, when it's good, it's so insanely awesome that the average episodes feel a lot worse than they are. However, my qualms had all but evaporated by the end of the season, as it came to a fitting (and typically awesome) conclusion. Unmissable. Expand
  36. May 26, 2013
    It continues to baffle me that predictable, one note sitcoms such as Two and a Half Men and Mike and Molly can continually draw in audiences in the US of around 15 million where as shows, like Community, that show a genuine ambition to do something different and challenge what viewers expect of TV comedy struggle to find a large enough fan base to survive.

As with the first season the
    Community focuses on the seven members of a ‘study group’ within Greendale Community College. Continually varying its style from week to week the twenty four episodes on offer here include spot on parodies of zombie and western movies as well as a stop-motion Christmas special that is as clever as it is unexpected. The fact that the writers manage to squeeze so much into every twenty-two minutes is quite simply amazing and aside from a couple of episodes in the middle of the series that fell slightly flat (in comparison to the best episodes anyway) Community Season Two is as consistently clever and funny as any other sitcom of the last decade. Expand
  37. May 31, 2011
    A great second season from a great show. The seasonal arcs and recurring jokes are all beautifully crafted and well maintained throughout the season. This show is amazing on it's own but gets so much better if you're a TV fanatic. So many of the episodes and jokes are amazing parodies and nods to other parts of pop culture. Though I was worried for the second season after how amazingly the first one ended, it went above and beyond what I expected for season 2. I am a big fan of how the show is a constant parody of pop culture in general (the phony clip show in particular was a stroke of genius) and even though I hope the show continues on this path I know that it is just going to shatter my expectations all over again. That is the only reason I didn't give this season a 10, because the third season is going to blow us all away and deserve it more. Expand
  38. Nov 20, 2012
    This show is hilarious the only reason i watched it was because of Chevy Chase. This show is a show for everyone, one episode will be western themed, the next a Christmas cartoon themed, and then a musical episode. Then of course the show has "normal" episodes. But what I am trying to say is,it is unlike anything else out there on television.
  39. Jul 2, 2011
    A substancial step up from the (already great) first season. Hilarious, and a lot more creative/experimental than any other comedy on tv right now. At times it feels like an American version of Spaced, which is good.
  40. Jun 18, 2011
    Although superbly funny and a show that gets great laughs, Community is not near perfect. The main problem is the plausibility of the series. The plots of episodes are all over the place. Whether it is Zombies, or Paintball Wars, Community is never very realistic. Most of the characters still seem like cartoons (especially Abed and Troy), even after 2 seasons. Although there are some characters such as Shirley that seem grounded and real, as a whole the characters feel like caricatures. Although the show may be wildly funny and better then a lot of comedies, it seems more like The Simpson's then it does like a live action TV show. Don't get me wrong you will laugh, but you won't get the character driven and realistic humor of the earlier seasons of The Office or Parks and Recreation. If it's on, watch it, but if something better like Parks and Recreation is on, watch that instead. It is for sure the worst in NBC's Thursday Night Line Up returning next year. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Dec 14, 2010
    Awesomely clever, it's the Inception of sitcoms. In season 2 the show has preserved its core concept of friendships in a community-college study group while piling on daringly odd jobs. [6 Dec 2010, p.49]
  2. Reviewed by: Robert Bianco
    Oct 21, 2010
    For all its flights of fancy and its meta-jokes (most of them ably put across by Danny Pudi), the show still allows us to invest in Joel McHale's Jeff and his journey to self-improvement. Yet in its search for a plot, Community often seems to send Jeff back to square one so he can be redeemed all over again.
  3. Reviewed by: Jeff Jensen
    The yuk-filled second ep of the sophomore season rectifies this neglect with a plot that tempts Jeff to return to his soul-corrupting old firm, much to the dismay of his community-college study buddies.