• Network: ABC , TBS
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 23, 2009
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
6.3

1. Mar 2, 2011
    I think this is difficult series to get into. The Pilot is awful! It's very shallow, promotes negative values and starts being quite demeaning to women... but it does get better. Each character will eventually find her/his voice and the one liners become funnier. Season 2 is much better.
  2. Mar 8, 2012
    Bill Lawrence's brand of comedy is the closest you'll get to real-life dialogue between friends. The scenarios, the inside jokes, the laughs, the tears are all there just as they are in your daily lives. Cougar Town embraces going through life by surround yourself with your closest friends and that's why it's so great. Like Scrubs before it, Bill Lawrence has made another group of TVBill Lawrence's brand of comedy is the closest you'll get to real-life dialogue between friends. The scenarios, the inside jokes, the laughs, the tears are all there just as they are in your daily lives. Cougar Town embraces going through life by surround yourself with your closest friends and that's why it's so great. Like Scrubs before it, Bill Lawrence has made another group of TV characters you would want to spend your time with. Expand
  3. Feb 10, 2012
    While it does take a while to get into (I actually started with season 2, then watched the first season), this cast on this show is wonderful. The premise is a tad superficial, yet strangely appropriate for the chosen setting. I love the complicated relationships between the characters, and the expected behaviour between others (I'm a sucker for familiarity on shows). Overall, highlyWhile it does take a while to get into (I actually started with season 2, then watched the first season), this cast on this show is wonderful. The premise is a tad superficial, yet strangely appropriate for the chosen setting. I love the complicated relationships between the characters, and the expected behaviour between others (I'm a sucker for familiarity on shows). Overall, highly entertaining and makes me laugh plenty. Expand
  4. Mar 9, 2012
    This is the funniest show ever!!! Every episode is hilarious and the characters are very lovable. Don't be fooled by the title, the show has almost nothing to do with older women chasing younger guys.
    The show's sense of humor is definitely not typical of modern media, it would probably only appeal to certain people. Nonetheless, i LOVE THIS SHOW!!! It's hard to compare it to any other, since it's so inherently unique, but i recommend that anyone who likes shows like 30 Rock watch it.
  5. Apr 18, 2011
    This show is just fantastic. Get over the name people! It doesn't have anything to do with older women banging out young dudes. It is a show about friendship, family and booze. What else in life is important? Do yourself a favor and invest some time getting to know and appreciate this show. You'll thank me later. JPC
  6. Jun 12, 2011
    It also annoys me that people have something against the name. It's just a title! This comedy is quick, sharp and unexpected and the characters all gel really well. The story advances slowly which is the best thing to do for a 30 minute show lasting 22 episodes because it leaves them enough time to put in different character learning episodes where we connect with the character more.
  7. Jan 28, 2011
    Cougar Town is really funny. The characters are just hilarious enough to make you burst into laughter because of the smart play of words and excellent acting by the actors. It is just unfortunate that it is being judged on the title alone and that people do not see how relevant the issues tackled in Cougar Town are. Moreover, the Season 2 is really touching but still funny. The Pilot isCougar Town is really funny. The characters are just hilarious enough to make you burst into laughter because of the smart play of words and excellent acting by the actors. It is just unfortunate that it is being judged on the title alone and that people do not see how relevant the issues tackled in Cougar Town are. Moreover, the Season 2 is really touching but still funny. The Pilot is not a good basis for the show because it has continuously improved in so many aspects in so many levels. This is one of those shows that can make you laugh and cry in the same episode and get the message across. Expand
  8. talithaf
    Oct 21, 2009
    Great show! Lightheartedly joking about getting older and being on your own. A lot of women have missed their twenties, and cougar town shows you how not to make up for it. I think Jules' charachter is actually quite realistic. Girls just wanna have fun! No matter if they are 20 or 40. Also, if you can't joke about sex and relationships, what are you going to joke about? Work, Great show! Lightheartedly joking about getting older and being on your own. A lot of women have missed their twenties, and cougar town shows you how not to make up for it. I think Jules' charachter is actually quite realistic. Girls just wanna have fun! No matter if they are 20 or 40. Also, if you can't joke about sex and relationships, what are you going to joke about? Work, other people? Get a life people! Expand
  9. jamesd
    Oct 25, 2009
    This show is hilarious, period. It is not meant for kids, so I wish these reviewers would stop trashing it for containing mature content. I've never seen such snobby reviews in my entire life!
  10. risatrix
    Sep 23, 2009
    Anyone who complains about the sex jokes (no worse than "Two and a Half Men", incidentally) just doesn't get it: women are allowed to objectify men now -- which is a great relief to women who have gotten sick of sitting through gratuitous breast shots for decades. The show is funny, it keeps enough ironic distance to recognize its own cheesiness (it's a sitcom, what else do we Anyone who complains about the sex jokes (no worse than "Two and a Half Men", incidentally) just doesn't get it: women are allowed to objectify men now -- which is a great relief to women who have gotten sick of sitting through gratuitous breast shots for decades. The show is funny, it keeps enough ironic distance to recognize its own cheesiness (it's a sitcom, what else do we expect?), and it has some great comic actresses. Nuff said. Expand
  11. Jul 25, 2011
    Really enjoyed this show - recently finished watching the first 2 series. The first couple of episodes are a little awakward and don't really work very well, but once the show hits its stride a few episodes into the first season it does become very funny. The second season was great. Have to say I love Christa Miller - granted her character is very much like her Scrubs character but sheReally enjoyed this show - recently finished watching the first 2 series. The first couple of episodes are a little awakward and don't really work very well, but once the show hits its stride a few episodes into the first season it does become very funny. The second season was great. Have to say I love Christa Miller - granted her character is very much like her Scrubs character but she nails it.

I think the title is off putting and you can see in the first couple of episodes they had trouble with the series concept and its relation to the title, but once they move beyond that the comedy does improve dramatically.

Penny-Can!!!
  12. Aug 22, 2011
    At first I thought this was a bit of a chick-flick but after the first ten minutes of the first episodes I really Got into it and started laughing not being able to stop but yeah i found this very good so that's why i give it the 10 because it does deserve and i understand it's not every ones cup of tea but it's still good to me!
  13. AndreaM
    Oct 1, 2009
    A fun new show for Courteney Cox! Courteney: welcome back!
  14. Bev
    Nov 20, 2009
    Love the show, It puts a real twist on everyday life and Courtney's character says what all middle age women and thinking but afraid to say...Love it and love the clothes and fashion. Good entertainment.
  15. GeraldP
    Nov 6, 2009
    Great show ! Courtney looks better than ever and she has a great supporting cast to go with her comedic genius . Wish the show was 3 hours long !!!
  16. KennethL
    Dec 9, 2009
    This show is awesome! That the series haven't got better critics shocks me!
  17. DebbieA
    Oct 16, 2009
    best show on TV for a long time
  18. Flavio
    Dec 23, 2009
    Great comeback for Courteney! If you don't think so, just look at her Golden Globe nom.
  19. JoeH
    Oct 22, 2009
    I think this show is a riot! Sure, many stereotypes but the over-the-top situations and frantic pace of the humor and characters make it fun. I actually see many similarities to my 40s-50s single lady friends. Glad to see some of the women here like it too.
  20. anonymous
    Dec 3, 2009
    This show has potential and the last couple episodes made me actually laugh out loud. Ex: the scene showing what courtney's character did her first night out with the girls. Priceless.
  21. DeeM.
    Sep 25, 2009
    Excellent mix of visual and verbal humour. Full marks.
  22. Oct 17, 2010
    The show started off as crass and distractingly sexual, but morphed into a wonderful dysfunctional ensemble comedy as the season progressed. Busy Phillips and Christa Miller are two of the finest supporting comedy actresses on television. And despite the silliness of the show, it has a weird capability of executing really emotional, heartfelt episodes well.
  23. Dec 29, 2011
    I find this show very entertaining. I don't know why they chose the title, it is definitely unfortunate, but otherwise, the writing is really sharp and funny and the actors do a good job. (It's certainly 100 times better than the last several seasons of Friends.)
  24. Kess
    Oct 7, 2009
    Really painful to watch. 1 1/2 episodes is it for me. Courtney Cox is NOT funny.
  25. JudyF.
    Sep 30, 2009
    Too painful to watch - ugh - cancel it already!
  26. DinoS
    Dec 2, 2009
    It's not funny, unimaginative, creepy, boring, insipid, 10-cliche-per-minute sitcom fare topped off with a bizarrely distracting soundtrack in lieu of a laugh track.
  27. RaymondR
    Oct 7, 2009
    This show is simply to painful to take seriously. A 40 year old woman starving to satisfy her sexual desires with 20 year olds, while at the same time being a mom isn't a nice plot line. I really hope this gets cancelled soon...for Courtney Cox's sake. She really does herself a disservice in this series.
  28. NitaK
    Dec 7, 2009
    It was awful. C Cox has either gone overboard on the Botox or she has truly lost her acting ability. She reduces herself to one "funny" expression, which is a stiff, annoyed grimace to her neighbor. I think it's intended to be funny because she does it all the time. ugh. lee.
  29. KDG
    Oct 22, 2009
    I can't remember the last time I watched a TV show, let alone a comedy, and walked away genuinely angry. Oh, Mr. Lawrence, please leave this mistake behind you and return to Scrubs. And Courtney, I love you, but this is an even worse choice (& I can't believe it either) than Dirt.
  30. TarynW
    Oct 18, 2009
    I love this show, and I think it's hilarious!!

1. Reviewed by: Alasdair Wilkins
    Jan 6, 2014
    Five seasons in, Cougar Town may not have many new points to make about its characters, but those viewers already convinced of the show’s charms will find the show as amusing and entertaining as ever.
  2. Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Dec 15, 2010
    What we have is a light, fast show about friends and couples who hang together, banter together and drink together. [8 Nov 2010, p.40]
  3. Reviewed by: Paige Wiser
    This is a story of desperation, not liberation. Cox is too good for this.