• Network: USA
  • Series Premiere Date: Jul 13, 2010
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5
7.1

1. Aug 24, 2010
    Although unrealistic to the typical day at the CIA, the characters are easy to relate with and very entertaining. Christopher Gorham's depiction of a blind CIA agent makes you love him even more and the witty comments swapped between characters leave a smile on your face. All in all, a great show, that is perfect for a summer drama series. Hopefully it sticks around for a long time.
  2. Aug 29, 2010
    Neither a super-spy fantasy like "La Femme Nikita" nor a serious analytical affair like "Rubicon", "Covert Affairs" plays like "Moonlighting: Langley". This domestic (?) part of the CIA employs only extremely good-looking people who solve huge threats to the national security which conveniently gather in a 50 mile circle around (a badly made CGI wide shot of) their headquarters so that they still have the time to go for a drink with their colleagues and lie to their families about what they do. Fortunately, the always adorable Piper Perabo offsets the annoying male models around her. Less fun than the first season of "Burn Notice", but watchable if you like your spy stories light, fluffy and forgettable. Expand
  3. Sep 18, 2010
    This show to me is a poor copy of Alias, more like "Alias-Lite", but I find the acting a bit weak and Annie just doesn't do it for me as a covert agent. I think I was spoiled by Jennifer Garner and after watching Nikita, this show just is weak. It's the only way I can describe it.
  4. Sep 22, 2010
    covert affairs painfully asks women to look more masculine than they are, making the actors look awkward in their roles. The story line is so cliche of a chick flick but to be honest, if you're like me and you're a fan of shows like criminal minds and city homicide seeing a show like covert affairs really pisses you off because the story line is so **** I WANT BLOOD AND GUTS PEOPLE!!!!!
  5. Nov 3, 2010
    From the promotion and the looks of it this show showed some promise but it never picked up. It was mediocre at best. That only tells me that maybe I've watched way to many spy or cop shows and that it would take something remarkable to impress me.
  6. Sep 22, 2010
    Oh, what will Annie do next? She'll most likely break some sort of CIA protocol while ignoring an order and still manage to save the day with the help of her blind friend. Oh, yeah, and don't forget about Ben, the rogue agent, who is nothing like Annie. He'll pop up with another dilemma that forces Annie to choose her trusted CIA or the man who she has spent three weeks with. Hmmm. What will she do? I think we already know. Expand
  7. Jun 12, 2011
    The show calls for Annie to be a sleek strong intelligent agent rearing to explore the world, saving people on the way while being sexy and confident. Yet we are let with miss Perabo, her acting is so below par that she translates Annie into an inexperienced deer in the light intern, who seems so out of place in the CiA. Making the show so wrong and awkward. And even though it is well written the simple miscasting of Piper Perabo reduces the show to less than it could have been. Expand
  8. Jun 20, 2011
    saw the show - loved the story - cant watch anymore because the lead lady is so annoying by flipping her hair constantly. why does she insist on doing that?
  9. May 31, 2012
    this is the biggest mistake on tv.. poor acting. total crap. i'd rather watch teletubbies. the show is just a sad attempt to infuse humour into the spy world. instead of covert affair, it should be something butterflies and sunshine with guns. i am surprised the show made it to the 3rd season. i didn't even make it beyond the 1st 20 minutes of the pilot before deciding to engage myself in something more productive Expand
  10. Aug 12, 2010
    In the otherwise bone dry desert of summer broadcasting, this is a refreshing hour of fun. Like movie popcorn, it won't fill you up or nourish you, but it's pretty darn tasty!
  11. Sep 10, 2010
    Great series, but needs a little more cloak and dagger. Its a little to easy right now hoping from one episode to the next with each mission being successfully completed. It needs to step up a gear...needs to be a little more Alias and a little less Charlie's Angels.
    PS: Why does the blind guy need a computer monitor?
  12. nbc
    Aug 17, 2010
    Don't get stuck on the "Alias" comparisons. They are two different shows. "Covert Affairs" is much more down to earth than "Alias" was. It's fun to watch and Piper Perabo is very enjoyable.
  13. Aug 19, 2010
    Truly enjoyable. Fun and exciting, clever dialogue, great timing, excellent acting and just such a refreshing show. The main characters' good chemistry is palpable.
  14. Sep 21, 2010
    This is a nice show, I am not a fan of the main character and her sister. Probably baggage from House, but nonetheless not my interest in this show as I fast forward through her scenes. I partake in the events and the missions, though definitely not the Bourne Trilogies, it does keep my interest. It definitely is a nice substitute while I wait for Burn Notice as this show is not even close, but does try to resemble it. Not enough drama for me to care about the characters, meaning if one died in the show, I do not think it would matter to me at all. Expand
  15. Sep 30, 2010
    Sexy, hip, fast, and fun. And shallow. Like a fun summer romance. This show reminds me of a pop ballad performed by a rock group: critics hate it because it panders to the teenage masses while suffering in true artistry and creativity. It seems like the stories are written backwards, that the writer figures out where to end and goes backwards to the beginning. Refreshing characters (we love Auggie, anything with Peter Gallagher ... and holy smoke, where did Kari Matchett come from, and where has she been all my life?!). The plots are a bit clunky and most notably the relationship between Annie and her sister is utterly and dreadfully not believable. Too many long chase and fight scenes, not enough true drama and intrigue. But this show is on our TIVO "must record" list and we can't wait for new episodes - it's fun, exciting, adventuresome, sexy, hip, full of characters and relationships that are intriguing and leaving you wonder who to trust. Fun show, worth looking forward to, but not the most intelligent/provocative show you'll see in this genre. Collapse
  16. Nov 5, 2010
    I have to say there was only 2 good things about this show I mean the pilot got me hooked and left me wanting more. But after that it was dull episode after dull episode I mean i fell asleep after first 25 mins of the show. The other good thing was Christopher Gorham's character the rest i just would want to leave because i did not care about them at all. I mean Annie had to be saved so many times she could not do anything without being saved by another male character (and i say male because Matt Corman
    said she was supposed to be better then bourne could ever be yeah right) and the rest of the cast was just so unrealistic like the married couple who kept arguing i just wanted them to shut up already. im only going to watch the first 2 or 3 episodes of the second season and hope they improve pretty much everything instead of wasting my time again with this show
  17. Nov 22, 2010
    What could be better than a show that involves the CIA? Corny right? Not really. The show deserves credit for being better than average for a crime related series, but season 1 soon lacks brilliance from the 1st episode. It tries to make everything important, when it doesn't need to be, which is not letting me look forward to a great second season.
  18. Jan 26, 2011
    Enjoyable new show, thanks mostly to Piper Perabo and Kari Matchett. Bring us back to the good old days of television when shows had untainted heroes and well-defined bad guys.
  19. CRL
    Jul 26, 2011
    Putting the fact aside that this is about as dishonest a portrayal of the CIA as possible... this series is pretty good. Every story is a load of fun, and yes Annie Walker is a bit cliche, but she's likable and perfectly balanced by Auggie's (Christopher Gorham) dry wit. After a while you even grow to care about them.
  20. Jul 23, 2011
    In this reality TV obsessed society we currently live in I am thankful that there is still television around that is just sit down in the evening after a day's work and the supper dishes have been put away entertaining fun and USA's Covert Affairs is a great example of such television. I could use fancy intelligent words to describe the series and try to sound like a major television critic and most of the people who post their views here but why? Just watch it. It's simply entertaining and fun TV. Expand
  21. Jul 19, 2013
    In so many words, really uplifting show. This series will become one of your favorites if you love spy stories and comedy entwined. Brilliant and believable acting, great writing. Some stories may seem over the top but they manage to keep us tuned.
  22. Oct 10, 2013
    Covert Affairs is a CIA drama. Those of you familiar with the CIA know that they operate only outside of US Soil, and Covert Affairs has seen Annie Walker, played by the lovely Piper Perabo in almost every country you can think of. Covert Affairs takes you to far and exotic places like no show before it has, and it does not use greenscreens. The pace is fast and the threats are epic. The cast is likeable, dynamic and good at their jobs. I highly recommend this intelligent covert drama. If you are a fan of Burn Notice, 24, or any other CIA-esque shows, this one will win your heart. Expand

The mood is bright and whimsical--easy to take and just as easy to forget.
  2. Reviewed by: Ken Tucker
    Right from the start, Perabo's Annie Walker is after a foreign agent, ''one of the most danger- ous men in the world.'' Yes, the dialogue spells things out like that.
  3. Unfortunately, whoever developed this show couldn't trust the audience to accept Piper Perabo's character as strong enough to get out of a pickle or two without male intervention. I won't reveal how, because the first episode is otherwise very enjoyable, thanks to a solid supporting cast including "O.C." dad Peter Gallagher, Kari Matchett and former WB/UPN heartthrob Christopher Gorham.