Covert Affairs : Season 1

• Series Premiere Date: Jul 13, 2010
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
7.2

1. Jul 19, 2013
    In so many words, really uplifting show. This series will become one of your favorites if you love spy stories and comedy entwined. Brilliant and believable acting, great writing. Some stories may seem over the top but they manage to keep us tuned.
  2. Aug 24, 2010
    Although unrealistic to the typical day at the CIA, the characters are easy to relate with and very entertaining. Christopher Gorham's depiction of a blind CIA agent makes you love him even more and the witty comments swapped between characters leave a smile on your face. All in all, a great show, that is perfect for a summer drama series. Hopefully it sticks around for a long time.
  3. Aug 12, 2010
    In the otherwise bone dry desert of summer broadcasting, this is a refreshing hour of fun. Like movie popcorn, it won't fill you up or nourish you, but it's pretty darn tasty!
  4. jamesu
    Jul 14, 2010
    Smart language, excellent acting, top film making, and humor..what's not to like.
  5. FreeJeff
    Jul 14, 2010
    An engaging drama well balanced with mystery a just the right touch of comedy. One of my new favorites!
  6. yudya
    Jul 16, 2010
    Blinded by the reasonably cute sightless Gorham "The rest still unwritten".
  7. nbc
    Aug 17, 2010
    Don't get stuck on the "Alias" comparisons. They are two different shows. "Covert Affairs" is much more down to earth than "Alias" was. It's fun to watch and Piper Perabo is very enjoyable.
  8. Aug 19, 2010
    Truly enjoyable. Fun and exciting, clever dialogue, great timing, excellent acting and just such a refreshing show. The main characters' good chemistry is palpable.
  9. Sep 10, 2010
    Great series, but needs a little more cloak and dagger. Its a little to easy right now hoping from one episode to the next with each mission being successfully completed. It needs to step up a gear...needs to be a little more Alias and a little less Charlie's Angels.
    PS: Why does the blind guy need a computer monitor?
  10. Sep 21, 2010
    This is a nice show, I am not a fan of the main character and her sister. Probably baggage from House, but nonetheless not my interest in this show as I fast forward through her scenes. I partake in the events and the missions, though definitely not the Bourne Trilogies, it does keep my interest. It definitely is a nice substitute while I wait for Burn Notice as this show is not evenThis is a nice show, I am not a fan of the main character and her sister. Probably baggage from House, but nonetheless not my interest in this show as I fast forward through her scenes. I partake in the events and the missions, though definitely not the Bourne Trilogies, it does keep my interest. It definitely is a nice substitute while I wait for Burn Notice as this show is not even close, but does try to resemble it. Not enough drama for me to care about the characters, meaning if one died in the show, I do not think it would matter to me at all. Expand
  11. Sep 30, 2010
    Sexy, hip, fast, and fun. And shallow. Like a fun summer romance. This show reminds me of a pop ballad performed by a rock group: critics hate it because it panders to the teenage masses while suffering in true artistry and creativity. It seems like the stories are written backwards, that the writer figures out where to end and goes backwards to the beginning. Refreshing charactersSexy, hip, fast, and fun. And shallow. Like a fun summer romance. This show reminds me of a pop ballad performed by a rock group: critics hate it because it panders to the teenage masses while suffering in true artistry and creativity. It seems like the stories are written backwards, that the writer figures out where to end and goes backwards to the beginning. Refreshing characters (we love Auggie, anything with Peter Gallagher ... and holy smoke, where did Kari Matchett come from, and where has she been all my life?!). The plots are a bit clunky and most notably the relationship between Annie and her sister is utterly and dreadfully not believable. Too many long chase and fight scenes, not enough true drama and intrigue. But this show is on our TIVO "must record" list and we can't wait for new episodes - it's fun, exciting, adventuresome, sexy, hip, full of characters and relationships that are intriguing and leaving you wonder who to trust. Fun show, worth looking forward to, but not the most intelligent/provocative show you'll see in this genre. Expand
  12. Nov 22, 2010
    What could be better than a show that involves the CIA? Corny right? Not really. The show deserves credit for being better than average for a crime related series, but season 1 soon lacks brilliance from the 1st episode. It tries to make everything important, when it doesn't need to be, which is not letting me look forward to a great second season.
  13. Jan 26, 2011
    Enjoyable new show, thanks mostly to Piper Perabo and Kari Matchett. Bring us back to the good old days of television when shows had untainted heroes and well-defined bad guys.
  14. Jul 23, 2011
    In this reality TV obsessed society we currently live in I am thankful that there is still television around that is just sit down in the evening after a day's work and the supper dishes have been put away entertaining fun and USA's Covert Affairs is a great example of such television. I could use fancy intelligent words to describe the series and try to sound like a major televisionIn this reality TV obsessed society we currently live in I am thankful that there is still television around that is just sit down in the evening after a day's work and the supper dishes have been put away entertaining fun and USA's Covert Affairs is a great example of such television. I could use fancy intelligent words to describe the series and try to sound like a major television critic and most of the people who post their views here but why? Just watch it. It's simply entertaining and fun TV. Expand
  15. CRL
    Jul 26, 2011
    Putting the fact aside that this is about as dishonest a portrayal of the CIA as possible... this series is pretty good. Every story is a load of fun, and yes Annie Walker is a bit cliche, but she's likable and perfectly balanced by Auggie's (Christopher Gorham) dry wit. After a while you even grow to care about them.
  16. Oct 10, 2013
    Covert Affairs is a CIA drama. Those of you familiar with the CIA know that they operate only outside of US Soil, and Covert Affairs has seen Annie Walker, played by the lovely Piper Perabo in almost every country you can think of. Covert Affairs takes you to far and exotic places like no show before it has, and it does not use greenscreens. The pace is fast and the threats are epic. TheCovert Affairs is a CIA drama. Those of you familiar with the CIA know that they operate only outside of US Soil, and Covert Affairs has seen Annie Walker, played by the lovely Piper Perabo in almost every country you can think of. Covert Affairs takes you to far and exotic places like no show before it has, and it does not use greenscreens. The pace is fast and the threats are epic. The cast is likeable, dynamic and good at their jobs. I highly recommend this intelligent covert drama. If you are a fan of Burn Notice, 24, or any other CIA-esque shows, this one will win your heart. Expand
  17. Dec 19, 2014
    this is an extraordinary show, entertaining and spellbinding! Piper Perabo and Christopher Gorham are amazing. It will keep you on edge from beginning to end.
  18. Jul 22, 2016
    The acting was good, the action scenes are well made and the show is entertaining. Covert Affairs Season 1 is definitely one of the best show of 2010.

The mood is bright and whimsical--easy to take and just as easy to forget.
  2. Right from the start, Perabo's Annie Walker is after a foreign agent, ''one of the most danger- ous men in the world.'' Yes, the dialogue spells things out like that.
  3. Unfortunately, whoever developed this show couldn't trust the audience to accept Piper Perabo's character as strong enough to get out of a pickle or two without male intervention. I won't reveal how, because the first episode is otherwise very enjoyable, thanks to a solid supporting cast including "O.C." dad Peter Gallagher, Kari Matchett and former WB/UPN heartthrob Christopher Gorham.