• Network: CBS
  • Series Premiere Date: Feb 16, 2011
  • Season #: 1
4.6

1. Feb 18, 2011
    I didn't believe the premise. A "Red Cell" would be too damned expensive. And scrambled off to solve just one child being kidnapped? Uh, I don't think so. Then there's the cast. Forest Whitaker is The King of Ham. Nobody emotes like he emotes. Particularly in real life. The rest of the cast? Meh. Then there's the plot -- recycled BS, recycled bad guy (he was the Bad Guy on Detroit 1-8-7I didn't believe the premise. A "Red Cell" would be too damned expensive. And scrambled off to solve just one child being kidnapped? Uh, I don't think so. Then there's the cast. Forest Whitaker is The King of Ham. Nobody emotes like he emotes. Particularly in real life. The rest of the cast? Meh. Then there's the plot -- recycled BS, recycled bad guy (he was the Bad Guy on Detroit 1-8-7 the night before -- he must be pretty popular in the twisted bad guy pool). As far-fetched as even the original CM gets, it's at least interesting. CM2, not so much. Expand
  2. Mar 2, 2011
    Forest Whitaker is a great actor so it is hard to believe he has subjected himself to such bad scripts. He seems to be overacting the emotions and problem solving skills the character has while working a case. None of the characters are interesting. NOT that I care to delve into their lives but even at work they should have a personality that comes through. I have it on while doingForest Whitaker is a great actor so it is hard to believe he has subjected himself to such bad scripts. He seems to be overacting the emotions and problem solving skills the character has while working a case. None of the characters are interesting. NOT that I care to delve into their lives but even at work they should have a personality that comes through. I have it on while doing housework and.....actually this review. Expand
  3. Feb 17, 2011
    Criminals Minds, the original, is my show of choice on television. I watched Suspect Behavior with a keen interest hoping for similarities and maybe some diversity. Forest Whitaker was strong but I was disappointed with the remainder of the cast, Garofalo included. The original has unique characters that have personality. I found, and to be fair it's been one show, the cast of SuspectCriminals Minds, the original, is my show of choice on television. I watched Suspect Behavior with a keen interest hoping for similarities and maybe some diversity. Forest Whitaker was strong but I was disappointed with the remainder of the cast, Garofalo included. The original has unique characters that have personality. I found, and to be fair it's been one show, the cast of Suspect Behavior desperately lacking in this capacity. Without stronger characters my suspicion is it'll feel more like other shows with forced chemistry and likely won't last. Perhaps visual appeal of the actors is beneficial in more "superficial" drama shows, but character and chemistry is what is needed in a show like Suspect behavior. I give it a 6/10 simply because of Forest's great work. It has the potential to become a 9/10 if the writers and characters can jell the team. Expand
  4. Apr 15, 2011
    How Can You Make A Spin-Of Of Criminal Minds????
    Ok Overall The Acting Is OK.. As Well As The Plots..
    Overall This Is A 6
  5. Mar 21, 2011
    Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior falls short of the mark. After watching the original, its like a Criminal Minds wan-ta be. The characters have no charisma. Its like they don't know exactly what to do next.
    I hope its gets better. (Put the Breakout Kings characters on the new Criminal Minds:Suspect Behavior and you might have a good show)
  6. Mar 24, 2011
    As a long-time watcher of Criminal Minds, I was really excited about the spin-off. I really like Whitaker and Jeanine G. But, this show is just awful! I've watched 2.5 episodes and am all done. I agree with most posters here about the flat acting and poor chemistry, but am willing to forgive it, hoping for improvement as the show goes on. Wanted to give them time to "gel" with each other.As a long-time watcher of Criminal Minds, I was really excited about the spin-off. I really like Whitaker and Jeanine G. But, this show is just awful! I've watched 2.5 episodes and am all done. I agree with most posters here about the flat acting and poor chemistry, but am willing to forgive it, hoping for improvement as the show goes on. Wanted to give them time to "gel" with each other.

It's the crazy leaping of logic that makes it hard to watch. They go from A to B too glibly and too quickly to be realistic. Last night's episode had a cashier vaguely describe the unsub, with behavior characteristics that did NOT match the characteristics the team created and yet the whole story moved forward as if this random guy, who happened to be in the same store as the unsub and who was described differently than the profile was absolutely positively the unsub with zero discussion or doubt. Just a stupid, stupid show. May as well be watching Monk for all the lack of suspense and intrigue.
    It's too linear, it's too flat and the flashback sequences are too choppy, short and usually unrelated to the profiling.
    If you are looking for a thinking person's show like Criminal Minds, this is not it.
  7. May 11, 2011
    The show's only good actor is Joe Montegna and he's embarrassing himself by being on it. Thomas Gibson and Mathew Gubler are the 2 worst actors I think I've ever seen since Chuck Norris, Jeanne Claude Van Dam and Dennis Caruso. Gibson has a permanent scowl on his face and would serve the show better if he only did voice through a speaker on Montegna's desk like John Forsythe on CharliesThe show's only good actor is Joe Montegna and he's embarrassing himself by being on it. Thomas Gibson and Mathew Gubler are the 2 worst actors I think I've ever seen since Chuck Norris, Jeanne Claude Van Dam and Dennis Caruso. Gibson has a permanent scowl on his face and would serve the show better if he only did voice through a speaker on Montegna's desk like John Forsythe on Charlies Angels and Gubler can't sell his character, he comes off as a arrogant punk. It's as cheezy as Charlies Angels too...like the luxury private jet they fly around in? I LMAO at the obsurdity of it and then my wife gets mad and kicks me out of the living room. It's definitely a Chick show and must be high on the gaydar. Expand
  8. Apr 10, 2013
    This show has nothing in common with the original Criminal Minds. It is lacking of intelligence, suspense and depth of character. I would avoid it and rather watch the original.

1. Reviewed by: Dorothy Rabinowitz
    Mar 4, 2011
    Less successful in the spinoff is what comes in between--the texture and character parts, the scripts heavy with pronouncements of the obvious and with horror plots whose strained premises are so elaborate they undercut the impact of all the gore and terror.
  2. Reviewed by: Jethro Nededog
    Feb 18, 2011
    We think if you are a fan of this franchise, then "Suspect Behavior" should please you.
  3. Reviewed by: Mary McNamara
    Feb 16, 2011
    Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior has the same rapid pace of the original, a narrative tool that both amps up the action and keeps the viewer from dwelling too much on the gargantuan leaps of imagination that pass for police work. It also works against the show, preventing it from fully making the insightful points it does have.