Da Vinci's Demons : Season 1

• Series Premiere Date: Apr 12, 2013
Season #: 1, 2, 3
7.7

1. Apr 24, 2013
    From its very beginning, we are told that this is loosely based on Leonardo's actual life story.

Above all, it's a sci-fi fantasy show and it will deal with the current suspected mythology of the era: secret societies, a masonic Catholic church and religious mysticism. Leonardo's character is a sort of clever swashbuckler pirate than can invent as well as love beautiful women; he

Leonardo's character is a sort of clever swashbuckler pirate than can invent as well as love beautiful women; he can also slow time to pick details up and abstract reality in the form of mental blueprints: similar to the detective mode found on the new Batman Arkham game series.

As a Stars production [Spartacus], the creators wanted to grant us with some skin on the screen but they do not go as far as it has been done on the gladiator show; probably due to most of the actors' being English and respectable instead of New Zealanders and carefree.

The city of Florence has been virtually rendered to offer the series setting, which does not look as well [real] as it should but it's fine [pretty].

I've just finished watching the second episode so I cannot tell more yet the plot has thickened a bit more and the main characters have begun to interestingly evolve as well.

It's a fun show with some pretty CG environments, costumes and people on it to look at, specially the female lead character.

It deserves a try.
  2. Apr 13, 2013
    Da Vinci's Demons is exactly how I expected it to be. Stylish, well-written, humorous and suspenseful. The pilot wasn't too epic or awesome but I know the show will progress in the upcoming episodes, it has so much potential and as David S. Goyer is associated with it, he wouldn't ruin it. Tom Riley is as great as Leonardo Da Vinci's portrayal can be, he has a charming personality that canDa Vinci's Demons is exactly how I expected it to be. Stylish, well-written, humorous and suspenseful. The pilot wasn't too epic or awesome but I know the show will progress in the upcoming episodes, it has so much potential and as David S. Goyer is associated with it, he wouldn't ruin it. Tom Riley is as great as Leonardo Da Vinci's portrayal can be, he has a charming personality that can urge anyone to like him. Other characters are good, too but they were not used well in the pilot episode. Would like to see more of them in the next episodes. Art direction and cinematography are great, visual effects need more work, though. They seemed a bit too cliche at times. Anyway, the show is about Leonardo Da Vinci, so, let's focus on that. The pilot has given rise to so many mysteries and let's see how great it can be in the future and how the writers and the directors would deal with them. Expand
  3. Apr 21, 2013
    I was too excited when I first heard the news that they're releasing Da Vinci's Demons. Honestly though, when I first heard of it, I was scared that it wouldn't be as successful as I want it to be, considering the fact that it's more of a renaissance series. Based on recent reviews though I have to say that Da Vinci's Demons is getting better reviews. I really liked the show, it has aI was too excited when I first heard the news that they're releasing Da Vinci's Demons. Honestly though, when I first heard of it, I was scared that it wouldn't be as successful as I want it to be, considering the fact that it's more of a renaissance series. Based on recent reviews though I have to say that Da Vinci's Demons is getting better reviews. I really liked the show, it has a cunning storyline and the cast is easy to love. It might have some R rated scenes, but honestly, what recent show doesn't. Da Vinci's Demons is an easy to recommend show, and an easy show to give a 10. If you've read some of Dan Brown's work, and loved it, then Da Vinci's Demons could be your new favourite show. Expand
  4. May 2, 2013
    Great show, but I find it dangerous that they are turning it towards a more of a mistry/fantastic thing. They should always pay attention to Da Vinci`s inventions, altough it is too soon to tell wich way they are going.
    My last words: Watch it if you like History shows, mixed with some action and fantactic. So far there is a balance between these elements. Lets see how it goes!
  5. May 6, 2013
    So this may not be very historically accurate or have amazing visual effects but it does end up being a decent entertaining show. I wouldnt be too upset if i missed an episode here and there but if its on and you have time/access to it, it could be pretty entertaining to watch.
  6. May 26, 2013
    10++++++++ out of 10+. A very good show and Tom Riley is dreamy in it. The actors give stellar performances. I don't need to say anything else about this wonderful show.
  7. May 31, 2013
    Da Vinci's Demons is so refreshing, its quirky take on a historical great is just so entertaining. The Vlad epsiode is brilliantly scary and Tom Riley's performance is brilliantly charming and manic, and we look forward to each week's instalment and very much hope there will be further seasons to tune into
  8. Jul 3, 2013
    Is Da Vinci's Demons as good as Game Of Thrones no. Is it better than 95% of the crap on TV nowadays yes! I have to laugh when I read people pick a part a show like this as if there are thousands of other shows to choose from that you could be watching instead. TV is dangerously close to being a non-stop reality related marathon of shows led by the Kardashians who will probably haveIs Da Vinci's Demons as good as Game Of Thrones no. Is it better than 95% of the crap on TV nowadays yes! I have to laugh when I read people pick a part a show like this as if there are thousands of other shows to choose from that you could be watching instead. TV is dangerously close to being a non-stop reality related marathon of shows led by the Kardashians who will probably have their own TV channel soon like Oprah's "O"' but the Kardashians channel will be called the "K" channel. Imagine non-stop 24/7 Kardashians every minute of every day! Enjoy any show like this while you can (even if its not the greatest show made), because if we all and moan and critique these type of shows too much, we will be left with watching nothing but reality shows like Kim, Kanye and Northwest take over America coming soon to the new "K" channel! Expand
  9. Aug 2, 2013
    The stage set is perfect enough to take you to the ages, the plot wide enough to add ancient mysticism plus current logical system, it couldn't be better. I just hope that they continue with their efforts no matter what the obstacles in glorifying this great genius and demystifying the mysteries in a wonderful fantasy filled stories.
  10. Apr 27, 2014
    One of the best tv series ever made! I really enjoy each and every episode and I always want more! I just can't get enough of it. I highly recommend it.
  11. Nov 25, 2013
    It's not a factual account of Leonardo's life and has never claimed to be, but it's a lot of fun and very refreshing. It takes off rather weakly, so bear with the first two episodes. It picks up wonderfully as the plot thickens. Also, amazing performances!
  12. Jun 2, 2014
    There is a lot to like in Season 1 of Da Vinci's Demons. The acting is fine, the production values great and the fun, lots. However, the first few episodes fail to justify that and a lot of build up and little pay off leaves too much for Season 2.
  13. Apr 21, 2014
    Da Vinci's Deamons is exactly what i was expecting from David S. Goyer. It is one of the best seasons i have see. Cast is superb and they have shown the reality of that time's Pope. I like it very much.
  14. Apr 14, 2014
    Of course that this story is fiction, no one ever told that this serie was based on true facts, it is only based on true characters. But it's brilliant anyway! The plot is fresh and entertaining!
  15. Apr 17, 2014
    Such a good show. Luckily sky have the box set on demand so I was able to watch the whole first season before season two started. I am lucky to be in the area where they film some.of the episodes so I get to see some behind the scenes stuff. Its not very glamorous being a tv star is it? Lol the stories are so good in the first season so I'm praying its going to carry on in the second. TheSuch a good show. Luckily sky have the box set on demand so I was able to watch the whole first season before season two started. I am lucky to be in the area where they film some.of the episodes so I get to see some behind the scenes stuff. Its not very glamorous being a tv star is it? Lol the stories are so good in the first season so I'm praying its going to carry on in the second. The episodes are very well written and the actors portray their on screen characters extremely well. Very good show and I recommend it to anyone! Expand
  16. Nov 10, 2014
  17. Feb 12, 2015
    It started out a bit clunky, Posh English accents in Italy and the CGI. But the CGI improved and I started to enjoy the accents. The animated sequences are top class from the get go.

Not factual and preposterous but sexy, escapist fun. My only gripe is Riley in the lead, He is written as a lovable rogue, a sort of renaissance McGyver, but for me they could have found someone better such as Jonathan Rees Myers. Riley just is missing something but maybe he'll grow more as the series evolves.

The rest of the cast are in the main brilliant. Riario is tremendous. I look forward to what awaits in Season 2.
  18. Jan 2, 2015
    All episodes so far Keeps losing focus of Da Vinci the multi-talented man (or maybe he is not the focal point as the title suggests) to the action factor.
  19. Aug 14, 2015
    It's incredible! So bright, colorful , talented and with a deep sense !

It's incredible! So bright, colorful , talented and with a deep sense !

For a long time I was looking for something like this , thank you for your work! Very sad and disappointing that said that the upcoming season - the last one . I do not understand people who give a bad score. Very talented actors , each series - a separate film , filled with a huge basket of events , emotions and adventures. For a long time I have not seen something so impressive !
    10 out of 10 !
  20. Sep 7, 2015
    I was first excited by anything that has to do with Leonardo Da Vinci from the two great Ron Howard films-The Da Vinci Code and Angels and Demons.When I heard that there would be A Television series based on An alternate reality starring one of the best Inventors and artists of all time,I was excited,but was afraid that I wouldn't like it as much and would lose interest after AI was first excited by anything that has to do with Leonardo Da Vinci from the two great Ron Howard films-The Da Vinci Code and Angels and Demons.When I heard that there would be A Television series based on An alternate reality starring one of the best Inventors and artists of all time,I was excited,but was afraid that I wouldn't like it as much and would lose interest after A while.However,by the time I was finished with the first episode I knew I would continue for another episode.So it went and the more I watched the more I was emotionally invested in almost every character in the Show especially Leonardo Himself.The Acting is really great especially the Actor who plays Leonardo,He's absolutely perfect for the Role.I love how everything feels like A puzzle and the almost Sherlock Holmes-type way that solutions to problems unravel before Leonardo and you see how what He sees.This makes the show in every way for Me.It feels interactive in A way like you are there with Him solving the puzzles together.The supporting cast and story lines are well done and never feel forced on heavy handed.I can say so much more,but please take my word that you won't be disappointed if you watch this series and start from the very beginning,because you will become A part of A grand mystery that is destine to change the entirety of all mankind itself.It's time to get started! Expand
  21. Dec 27, 2015
    One of the most underrated serie ever. It has everything especially suspance and hang overs between single episodes. Great cast, Lara Pulver especially.

1. People Weekly
    Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    May 3, 2013
    To work, this overheated alchemy needs a magnetic Leo, but Tom Riley is miscast--too smart-alecky and brash. [13 May 2013, p.46]
  2. Reviewed by: Geoff Berkshire
    Apr 15, 2013
    While the first two episodes of "Da Vinci" are overly convoluted, the action moves at such a rapid pace and unfolds with such giddy enthusiasm that it's easy to just sit back and enjoy the ride.
  3. Reviewed by: Gail Pennington
    Apr 12, 2013
    Its real appeal should be to viewers who like their TV history entertainingly out there.