• Network: TNT
  • Series Premiere Date: Jun 13, 2012
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3
7.2

1. Jun 15, 2012
    Basedupon the first 2 episodes it seems to be a pretty well done show. It had a lot of twists and turns I had come to expect from the original and can't wait to see the rest of the episodes this season.
  2. Jun 15, 2012
    Just watched the two first episodes and so far so good!! It is very well acted, the plot is great too. I am hooked for now. Will see what the next episodes reserve us.
  3. Jun 17, 2012
    Based on the June 13 Dallas pilot, this is looking to be an excellent continuation of the series. Excellent balance of old and new cast. Look forward to Wednesday nights joining the Ewing family!
  4. Jun 15, 2012
    I've only seen the first two episodes, and I'm mildly amused. The more they camp it up with scandal, deceit, and cattiness, the better. Loved seeing JR randomly looking out a window, seeing his son kissing who he shouldn't have been kissing. Such great timing! And such a believable coincidence! Love it. So sure, it's crap - but if they play it right, it could be fun crap. Amp up the sex appeal even more - never a bad idea in this realm. Expand
  5. Jun 16, 2012
    The cast is filled with talented veterans and good looking newbies, but unfortunately the acting, writing and directing is some of the worst I've seen in years.
  6. Nov 20, 2012
    From the pilot, it starts with a bang and stays there. After the third episode, you seem to forget that this is a remake and instead soak up the old school Dallas intrigue, back-stabbing and great writing. The acting veterans help balance out the younger actors mediocre acting and the show just makes you want more. This is a definite keeper and a must see for 2012.
  7. Sep 3, 2012
    I like this though it took me until episode 7 to distinguish the two female roles, they both look so pretty yet so empty that I really couldn't remember which was Chris's and which was John Ross's girlfriends. It lacks the punch of the memorable female characters of the original. Similar comments could be made on the male leads but at least I could tell them apart! Having said that, by episode 7 I did start to really enjoy it. Expand
  8. Jun 17, 2012
    i loved it! the old actors were great!!! i am sure that if we give them time also the new one will be great!!i think they should bring also the others in to the show more...Lucy,Ray, Cliff, Pam...
  9. Jun 22, 2012
    In a world where so many shows are just another cop or doctor show, this one glistens with life. Finally a show about oil, energy, business and family that is constantly exciting and relevant. And yes JR rocks. :)
  10. Jun 22, 2012
    This just could be the series that gets me to return as a viewer to television. After numerous years of having to endure trash reality television and tired talent competitions and having all but thrown out my flat screen television, it is great to finally see a series that brings back a sense of dramatic fun to the medium. Hagman, Duffy and Grey all demonstrate a sense of timeless acting chops that blend beautifully with the new set of actors on the show. The sets, storyline and acting is classic Dallas at it best! Bravo TNT & Bravo for having the vision to once again alter the landscape of television with Dallas! Expand
  11. Jun 23, 2012
    It is good to have JR back; the character we love to hate. I have been keeping up with the episodes of the 1st season, and they are quite good. I grew up watching the old Dallas; always loved the show, the characters are all great!
  12. Jul 3, 2012
    Shame on the makers of Dallas for endugling in the last "legitimate" form of discrimination - against those with mental health disorders. The creators of the show paint a picture of Marta Del Sol as this unhinged, unstable vixen who stalks her ex-boyfriends, threatening them with violence. Just after these revelations, they show a close-up of a perscription bottle that, of course, reads 'LITHIUM'. So sure, everyone knows she suffers from Bi-Polar disorder, and "of course", that makes her some violent psychopath. That would be like hearing that a character in a TV show has contracted HIV, and the makers of the show focus on hand-to-hand contact and pull some dramatic music out ouf their ass - like you can contract it that way. News to the Dallas creators - there are millions of Americans who are bipolar - it's one of the most treatable illnesses, and the vast majority are just like anyone else. And Marta Del Sol is taking her freain' medication! So don't make her look like a psychopath by using that crutch. Go ahead and do it by her actions - not by her condition. Very poor. Bad form. Expand
  13. Jun 26, 2012
    A very good mix of old and new, but preferrably it is the veterans that keep this show going!!! It is trippy to watch Southfork 20 years since the show went off the air!
  14. Jul 15, 2012
    STARTED out GREAT!!! First episode was a WINNER!!!! Was not impressed by actors cast to play John Ross & Bobby's son. Watched 2nd show and immediately lost interest...plot thickened too much too soon. Well it was a great 1st show!
  15. Aug 9, 2012
    Nine episodes in and I have to admit that I've become a Dallas fan once again. The new series starts a bit slow. Give it a chance. By episode 4 you will be hooked. It's not as instantly addictive as the fabulous and uber original Revenge, but Dallas 2012 has managed to re-invent itself for today's viewers. It mainly focuses on the younger generation of Ewings but every time Larry Hagman and Linda Gray are gracing our screens you really know it's Dallas. Welcome back. Expand
  16. Aug 13, 2012
    Excellant right out of the gate! I was not sure what to expect from a "new" Dallas, since the old one was so beloved but I was not disappointed! Great cast! All the intrigue, threats,scheming, and back stabbing that we have come to expect in these families that we love to watch! Great cast! Wonderful wiritng! I never miss an episode! Love it!
  17. Sep 8, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This first season of the remake was awesome. I loved the soapiness to it and JR's whole evilness thing going on.. Cant wait for season 2! love Rebecca's subplot in the finale being Cliff Barnes daughter. Expand
  18. Apr 4, 2013
    This is a great show with lots of twist and turns and you cannot guess what will happen. If you liked the old series you will only have one regret and that is JR is not there to trump all the other deals. John Ross Jr. is stepping up to the plate and we will see if he has what it takes to keep the show moving.
  19. Apr 29, 2013
    So glad that Dallas is back. It has the makings of a great epic drama. Well written and beautifully filmed. The first season lacked good usage of Sue Ellen.
  20. Apr 10, 2013
    The second season of Dallas is really rocking. It is a breath of fresh air. dallas1954. Truly glad to see it and hope that it will be around for a while. Great revival of the who shot J.R. from a few years ago. I will miss Larry Hagman, but I see that the show will and can go on without him.

1. Reviewed by: Daniel Goldberg
    Jun 18, 2012
    The newer additions to the cast don't have much of a presence beyond their plot roles, yet somehow manage to occupy a majority of the screen time. As a result, the new Dallas acquires the brashness of an impostor laying claim to a vast family fortune.
  2. Reviewed by: Rick Porter
    Jun 15, 2012
    The new Dallas isn't a game-changer, but it's a solidly built, easy-to-take soap that does right by its predecessor.
  3. Reviewed by: Ellen Gray
    Jun 14, 2012
    [Larry Hagman's eyebrows] are the most contemporary thing about the "new" Dallas, which otherwise looks and feels like a chunk of the '80s trapped in amber.