Damages : Season 1

Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
8.5

1. BetsyK.
    Oct 31, 2007
    This had me from beginning to end. Glenn Close and all the others put on the best TV suspense I have seen for a long time. Please FX, go another season. The word is just getting out.
  2. LesD.
    Sep 2, 2008
    Another great show!cant wait for season 2 payback's a bitch!!
  3. amanr
    Jan 8, 2009
    As the show advanced it became more interesting.
  4. Dec 14, 2010
    Mesmerizing and simply perfect. The two leads Glenn Close and young Rose Byrne are the reason this show is so great. The non-linear narrative and the plot twists are cherry on the top. The best part, and the real reason why this show is so good is the reality this show is presented. Its scandalous and "trashy", thrilling and exiting all in the same time without using the "scandalous CWMesmerizing and simply perfect. The two leads Glenn Close and young Rose Byrne are the reason this show is so great. The non-linear narrative and the plot twists are cherry on the top. The best part, and the real reason why this show is so good is the reality this show is presented. Its scandalous and "trashy", thrilling and exiting all in the same time without using the "scandalous CW factor" (young sexy actors, sex and drugs, hot places and luxury) with only the strong acting ability of the cast. The show is not for everyone because its narrative is sometimes confusing and pointless if you don't pay attention, but that's not the reason this show isn't one of the best... Expand
  5. Aug 7, 2011
    Great casting, acting and writing. Damages is smart, suspenseful and never fails to surprise. Television at its finest, has me hooked! Glenn Close and Rose Byrne provide strong leads. Even side characters seem fully developed as the show rarely introduces a new character without purpose. A great legal thriller where no one can be fully trusted.
  6. ChrisR.
    Nov 21, 2007
    I did not watch tv until I saw the previews for this show-I have not stopped watching it.
  7. DebiM
    Oct 23, 2007
    Amazing work by Close and cast. As a woman, I am intrigued by the evolving relationships between the 'role model' Close and the understudy Byrne. Keep your friends close and your enemies closer!
  8. RisaD.
    Oct 24, 2007
    Excellent show. They left an opening for continuation (will Ellen catch Patti, did Frobisher really sustain a fatal wound, etc) Hmmm, I wonder.
  9. EllenB.
    Oct 30, 2007
    Highly intelligent, fascinating characters and writing. Hope very much that it will be back next season. Love that nothing is ever as it seems!
  10. BebeB.
    Aug 9, 2008
    good writing, excellent acting. I think Ted Danson is great and Glen Close riveting to watch.
  11. AnitaL.
    Oct 23, 2007
    I am so hooked on this show. The last show was excellent! Giving the viewer some closure on what really happened the night Ellen's boyfriend was murdered was written and presented perfectly. Please FX pick up this show! My husband and I want to know more about these characters and see Ellen's trial. Also want to see Ted Danson's Character get his come-uppens.
  12. SalleyJ.
    Oct 24, 2007
    Best show on television for a long time! I love it.
  13. MartinS.
    Nov 28, 2007
    It's almost too good for television.
  14. HowardR.
    Dec 29, 2007
    Season 2 of "Damages" is a no brainier. Great writing ...music and cast. We need more of this in todays TV! We have a crew that meets at our home for the show with discussion afterwards....once you enter the room, no cellphones or mindless chatter...focused on the plot. Please make the second season happen..pay the writers what they deserve!!!!
  15. IreneM.
    Oct 24, 2007
    Hands down - best show on TV as we speak. Writing & acting - awesome. A bit challenging to watch all the complexities. Top Notch. Second Season - Yes!!! And that's from somebody who couldn't stand GC for the longest time. Her role in 'Shield' turned it all around for me. Am a big fan now.
  16. SandraJ.
    Oct 25, 2007
    Love the show. Can't wait to watch it each week. I even watched the last episode twice to catch some nuances I missed the first time around. I hope FX picks it up for another season. The casting is excellent. Would love to see Ellen in action next season as she unravels more of the mystery.
  17. IsadoraP.
    Oct 26, 2007
    This is the best series drama I have seen in years. Glenn Close and Ted Danson both deserve awards for their performances. I love shows that really get your brain going and make you think. Each and every time I thought I had it figured out, the ending always blew my theory out the window! I hope there is a second season!
  18. C.B.
    Oct 18, 2007
    Television at it's finest. Better than any original programming on HBO!
  19. JeffJ
    Jul 29, 2007
    Top quality TV - after one episode it's already on my list of "must see" shows.
  20. Jessica
    Aug 16, 2007
    AWESOME! I love Glenn Close and to see her in this type of roll is great. You, as the viewer, honestly don't know who to trust. I am always on the edge of my seat during this show.
  21. LanceW.
    Aug 17, 2007
    Decided to catch this on a rebroadcast and I'm glad I did. This show is all over the place - and that's what makes it compelling. You don't know who's good and who's bad. Close and Danson are excellent in their roles - so's the rest of the cast.
  22. HellenL.
    Aug 23, 2007
    An excellent show....considering the trashy Saving Grace on TNT
  23. PAULC
    Aug 2, 2007
    EXCELLENT!
  24. DicksS.
    Oct 19, 2007
    Maybe the networks need to learn from the "summer" replacement shows on how to provide interesting and well developed shows. Excellent cast and a good show overall. Like most shows, it has it weak parts but it is certainly a heck of a lot better than anything I have seen yet of the new "prime" fall lineup!
  25. MargaretM.
    Oct 6, 2007
    Bring Andrew back! He's one of the best looking characters in the show, and the only one who even looks like a real lawyer!
  26. gabbyD
    Jul 30, 2007
    Excellent show! can't wait for future episodes when the ellen character makes her transition.
  27. GinaD
    Aug 1, 2007
    Flashbacks a little hard to follow - but the story has me hooked
  28. SW.
    Aug 14, 2007
    Damages is a thriller. You never know what Patty Hewes is thinking. I love it so far.
  29. PrestonJ.
    Aug 2, 2007
    A very well balanced cast, a worthwhile and intriguing story, and plenty of style and wit in its directiing and writing. It has me interested and hooked.
  30. CarolM.
    Sep 5, 2007
    I enjoy this show and can't wait until the following week for the next episode. It is a little frustrating with the flashbacks but it is so compelling...Glenn Close looks like she is thoroughly enjoying playing such a high power meanie...and what a great job she does..Ted Danson isn't quite as compelling but he is a complex figure..probably more truth about the Corporate World I enjoy this show and can't wait until the following week for the next episode. It is a little frustrating with the flashbacks but it is so compelling...Glenn Close looks like she is thoroughly enjoying playing such a high power meanie...and what a great job she does..Ted Danson isn't quite as compelling but he is a complex figure..probably more truth about the Corporate World than we think! Yikes! Expand

The plot is difficult to follow - shot sequences, at least in the first two episodes, often pair sex and death (an FX trademark, practically; it’s the network that looks our animal selves in the eye), whether or not their pairing helps the story--but you’re strung along deftly enough so that you do want to know how it’s all going to play out.
    Who's a villain and who's a hero here? Can you tell the pawns from the players? All excellent questions as we become absorbed in FX's latest thrill ride.
  3. Despite its fantastic nature, the story is an onion with a thousand layers, each one a satisfying mystery of its own.