• Network: ABC
  • Series Premiere Date: Oct 3, 2004
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7 , 8
8.9

1. Oct 30, 2014
    Desperate Housewives was undeniably uneven throughout its eight season run but this first season was great viewing. Yes, it is outlandish and unrealistic, but it was always fun to watch and the central mystery surrounding the suicide of (narrator) Mary Alice Young certainly made sure I came back episode after episode.
  2. Jun 12, 2011
    For a show it is a truly amazing watch with a fine, fine story line and excellent narration. One of the best shows ever created by a long shot! F.R.I.E.N.D.S. is funny, like this show, but it does not have an juicy scandels or cliff hangers! MOVE OVER F.R.I.E.N.D.S.! WOOOHOOO!
  3. Jun 4, 2011
    Desperate Housewives is one of the most well-written TV shows are all of time I don't know how Marc Cherry does it. With the narration of the Character Mary Alice Young she always manages to give instructive advice on Life that viewers will enjoy.
  4. Jul 6, 2011
    With a mixture of scoop and scandal, comedy and drama, heroes and villains this show is the best thing that you will ever watch, so hop on this roller-coaster ride and hold on tight because this is one journey that you will never forget, with the housewives and the rest of America and the world, this is so exciting and energetic that you will want to go without sleep to know how it ends!
  5. Aug 27, 2011
    The first season is the absolute classic. It gets worse and worse with each season, season 6th being the beginning of ridiculousness and absurdity. At this point, I am glad the show is getting cancelled as it has been transformed from a hig-quality black comedy to 90210 in the suburbs.
  6. Nov 4, 2011
    The 4 first seasons were good (my favorite is the 1st one). The season 5 annoying, season 6 so so, season 7 very so so and the last one for now is very very so so.
  7. Jan 21, 2013
    I'm writing this review prior to finishing the season, but the season thus far is great, so I say hell yes. The turns and everything is just fun and entertaining.
  8. Jan 10, 2013
    "Desperate Housewives" was something new and refreshing upon it's premiere on ABC in 2004. What made the show so successful was not only the outstanding writing, but the chemistry between the cast members. Each member of the cast was overwhelming able to bring their characters to life and at times made them quite relate-able. Overall, the development in terms of the characters and the"Desperate Housewives" was something new and refreshing upon it's premiere on ABC in 2004. What made the show so successful was not only the outstanding writing, but the chemistry between the cast members. Each member of the cast was overwhelming able to bring their characters to life and at times made them quite relate-able. Overall, the development in terms of the characters and the story-line (the constant twist and turns were amazingly executed) were quite impressive! Expand
  9. Oct 27, 2013
    THE BEST CONCLUSION FOR A TV SERIES!
    Amazing Marcias Cross and Felicity Huffman, Cross with the winter finale. So good, so unexpected, so reflexive. Well writing that episode: That suicide's attempt perfect. I love so much Lynnete-Tom storyline and the epic conclusion throgh the penultimate episode. The last episode was not so good for that storyline.
    I hate Mike's death, and I didn't
    THE BEST CONCLUSION FOR A TV SERIES!
    I hate Mike's death, and I didn't see so necessary. But well writting. A TV classic. The best mix of comedy and drama in the same show.
  10. Sep 3, 2014
    I love this show and i rated show 93/100.I like Season 1 but for me this show is funny and exciting to watch at home much better than those other new TV shows nowadays because this show is amazing and my favourite show to watch.

1. Reviewed by: Terry Kelleher
    Jun 28, 2013
    So cheeky, sexy and alive that you can't help enjoying it.
  2. Reviewed by: Bill Goodykoontz
    Jun 20, 2013
    What makes Desperate Housewives so intriguing -- and, in a broadcast universe that feels cookie-cutter homogenous, so different -- is the risks it takes. [3 Oct 2004]
  3. Reviewed by: David Zurawik
    Jun 20, 2013
    Desperate Housewives' style and dark, comic tone owe much to such groundbreaking cable productions as HBO's Six Feet Under. And, while the writing is no match for that of Alan Ball... several fine performances by an outstanding ensemble cast make Desperate Housewives one of the more wickedly entertaining network pilots of the fall. [3 Oct 2004]