• Network: ABC
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 21, 2010
  • Season #: 1
8.1

1. Feb 24, 2011
    Yet another gritty cop show. I find it more depressing than anything else. The characters are so intense and multi dimensional you can't get interested in them. Baggage anyone?
  2. Feb 9, 2011
    This show is probably the best show on TV. Best cop show by far. Makes The Chicago Code look like Sex in the City. Imperioli and Jon Michael Hill are phenomenal. Aisha Hinds is a great female lead. The setting is so unique and great.
  3. Dec 21, 2010
    Detroit 187, It will be difficult for the public to take your series as respectable. Being a professional in Saginaw and belieiving that the DPD are not on the take is as beiieving that ex mayor Kilpactrick was an alter server. The back ground is good you need to get, legit on the background and terror to be real and legit the gansta movement which is not romantic as the Italian ganster movement in Detroit. I as a Michigander believes that I am not secure in the tourist areas due to the poor protection I receive. Been to the Detroit Auto show and was asked if I had a concealed weapon and I denied the fact and I was not observed to have one and in fact I did to protect my family. This is what we as michiganers feel about our once great city believes!Make it legit as the other crime shows!!!!!!!The good guy does not win in Michigan. Make it a win situation, base it on true life as Law and Order Expand
  4. Nov 10, 2010
    Detroit 187 is a gritty cop show in the tradition of Homicide: Life on the Streets. Love the show and the cast, especially Michael Imperioli's character. I liked the pilot a lot, and the show just gets better every week as we get to know the characters.
  5. Nov 7, 2010
    I've been enjoying this show, and watching it regularly. One annoyance, however, detracts. The sound mixing is awful. Anybody else notice this? The incidental music and sound effects completely drown out the dialogue, making it virtually impossible to hear. I back up my DVR to listen two or three times, but miss the most imporant text. Of course, the music/effects are raised at the most critical moments, making the most important plot lines inaudible. Don't they watch this before they publish it? (If watched on three different sets, including surround-sound and plain vanilla. Surely this drives away viewers. Expand
  6. Oct 26, 2010
    This show has the potential to be a long lasting police procedural drama, filling that long void that has been filled by the over the top CSI type shows ever since NYPD Blue signed off. I find the stories on Detroit 1-8-7 compelling, and the characters very interesting. Not to mention the Action. Imperioli is true Thespian. If you don't know, now you know. WATCH IT.
  7. Oct 17, 2010
    love love love this show....hope it gets an audience...very much like NYPD blue...but who cares. If you are looking for a really good old fashioned cop show that is well written, with great photography, and most important of all great scripts and actors, watch it!
  8. Oct 4, 2010
    We love, love this show! Read somewhere that some of the filming occurs in Atlanta. We have mourned about the lack of a complete recording of NYPD Blue for years. If anyone can make that happen please do it! You would make money!!! Anyway we have been gratified to see this new show likened to the object of our missing older series... We felt that just a few minutes into the season opener. Can't wait for more! Natural, believable, immediately comfortable and intriguing. Keep it up! Expand
  9. Sep 30, 2010
    Michael Imperioli is, in one word, believable. You'd trust this guy (or his character) with your life, but he's got so much emotional baggage and hardness to him that he's almost uncomfortably, intensely edgy. So because I'm actually thinking about this fictional Detroit detective after one show tells me he got to me. Loved the "mockumentary" aspect, well done. All around strong performances, good stories, truly believable show. Made it to my TIVO "must record." Expand
  10. Sep 26, 2010
    Detroit has the potential to be a break out show. A solid cast put in a solid effort with Imperioli really taking the lead. The characters look interesting and the plot was solid, leaving lots of opportunity for the writers to further develop. Yeah, it's another police procedural but this one is off to a solid distinctive start and it should be worth following.
  11. Sep 24, 2010
    Detroit 1-8-7 is a fresh addition to a stale, overdone genre. I was skeptical before watching the show because it looked like another crime show and though it is another crime show, it definitely offers a different perspective and the show itself has a great voice. Anyone who watches it will be pleasantly surprised and will most likely mark their calendars (if people still use paper calendars) to tune in for the next episode. Expand
  12. Sep 24, 2010
    Loved the show, will definitely tune in to watch it next week. Best cop show since the wire in my opinion. The characters are very real and complex and the setting is so real and gritty.
  13. Sep 24, 2010
    Detroit 1-8-7 pulls a piping-hot cop show right out of ABC's oven. Here are a few fresh ingredients:
    1. Character Driven Drama, including one hard-shelled veteran cop with a kind heart and no fear of death (Recommended: top notch supporting actor who everyone will recognize but still has something to prove.) 2. New Cop Talk (Recommended: talented writers, new city with new neighborhoods
    to learn about)
    3. Stress Inducing Speed and Agility (Recommended: great production and post-production work)
    4. Cliffhanger (I agree with jaredislost - please don't kill the rookie!)

Congrats to the team - this is one to watch!
  14. Sep 23, 2010
    Probably my favorite show of the season! I was hooked after five minutes. I already feel like I know the characters. I can't wait to see what happens to Washington.
  15. Sep 23, 2010
    Not usually a fan of cop shows but this one seems a little different. After only 1 episode, I feel attached to the characters and am curious to find out what happens next! I'm looking forward to seeing if they can keep making it better than just another cop show...I like that it's actually shot in Detroit.
  16. Sep 23, 2010
    This one is off to a solid start. Without a doubt the best cop show in a LONG time. Michael Imperioli is fantastic as always and the guy who plays his partner is great! Eager to find out whether it makes it to episode 2!
  17. Sep 23, 2010
    Brilliant, distinctive, striking, superb, exceptional, glorious, magnificent, marvelous, splendid, ingenious - there are not enough commendable words in the English language to describe this show. Absolutely wonderful in every way.
  18. Sep 23, 2010
    Ever since I was left orphan of my gritty cop show fix when both Homicide and NYPD Blue signed off the air I was hoping for a new show to fill that hole. I've finally found it! Detroit 187 not only recaptures the spirit of those landmark shows but it's clearly revitalizing a genre that's been hostage of the mind-numbing crime Cbs procedurals for too long. Get drawn into the compelling stories of Detroit 187! Expand
  19. Sep 23, 2010
    An amazing show that really gets in the nitty gritty of cop dramas. i am usually not a fan of cop dramas but this has changed my out look. You bet i will be watching this every tuesday. Fantastic show. Gotta watch it
  20. Sep 23, 2010
    OMG! You. Have. Got. To. Watch. This. Show!!!! Imperiolii is at his best. I couldn't stop laughing. It's BAM BAM BAM, in your face, grit and action that left me breathless and dying to catch the next episode! DON'T KILL THE ROOKIE!!!!!!!!!!
  21. Sep 23, 2010
    LOVED this show. Definitely the best new show of the season so far. It's a back to basics, character-driven cop show. I'm already digging the way Imperioli jabs at his partner but kinda wants him to get better, succeed and all that. He's the guy who doesn't care on the surface, but really really does deep down and I just love that. Nothing better than a damaged badass with a heart beneath the damage. It's also great to see NYPD Blue's Officer Fancy back on the streets as Longford in Detroit 187. I'll be watching next week at 10, and then the week after that, and the week after that... Expand
  22. Sep 23, 2010
    I really enjoyed the pilot of this Detroit-based cop drama. I love how most of the cast are unknowns! It's nice to finally get some fresh faces up on tv. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens next week!
  23. Sep 21, 2010
    Interesting, well directed, and yielding more surprises and intrigue then one would expect from a seemingly common show. We shall see if time will drain such surprises from a show with great potential. 9/10

1. Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Dec 14, 2010
    The series has developed its own original rhythm, each week breaking cases down into unexpectedly punchy vignettes. The cast is excellent. [6 Dec 2010, p.50]
  2. Now it's a talky but straight-ahead ensemble cop show whose cast includes Michael Imperioli ("The Sopranos") and James McDaniel ("NYPD Blue"). Think "Southland" in Detroit.
    The rest of Detroit 1-8-7's cast is fill-in-the-blanks police fodder. The only two characteristics that separate this show is one, it is filmed wholly in Detroit (who cares, a soundstage looks just as convincing) and two, the cameras are handheld (who cares, that shakiness can become very annoying).