Dexter : Season 1

Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
9.1

1. GilS.
    Mar 4, 2008
    Michael C. Hall is the most talented actor I have ever seen. His phenomenal capabilities are being emphasized by his unique ability to play the complex Dexter character so brilliantly with mimics I have never seen before. No doubt that the brilliant script and the genius Michael, makes this TV series the most fascinating of all times.
  2. LeahT
    Mar 9, 2008
    Perhaps the most enticing character to hit screens since House, M.D. came out in 2004, Dexter is everything anyone could ever wish for from a lovable serial killer. Seriously, watch this sociopath toy with his barely existent emotions...and feel yourself rooting him on.
  3. PaulB
    Mar 9, 2008
    Brilliant, disturbing and chilling. Dexter keeps on the edge of your seat and you can't help wanting more and more.
  4. MatthewM.
    Apr 22, 2008
    The first time i watched Dexter i was floored and quickly watched the rest of the two seasons. The character that Hall portrays is genius, and the moral dilemmas Dexter goes through are utterly intriguing. My Favorite New Show.
  5. JustinD.
    Apr 27, 2008
    Absolutely incredible show, great writing, Michael C. Hall is one of the best actors on TV. A new take on the superhero formula.
  6. GH
    Apr 8, 2008
    Absolutely brilliant. The people who have rated it badly cause of the first 2-3 shows do not know what they are missing.
  7. John
    May 5, 2008
    Best show I have seen in a long time. it is funny to put these shows together but flight of the concords, extras and dexter are evidence that there is brilliance out there.
  8. BrianC.
    Jul 13, 2008
    Best show on TV, period.
  9. DebraS.
    Jul 3, 2008
    This show, IMHO is refreshing, exhilarating, amusing, clever, and addictive. The writing is first rate, as is the acting and set decorations.
  10. JadeD.
    Jul 3, 2008
    Dexter is simply just the best show playing on television right now. It's highly debatable plot makes the show even more intriguing. Acting is excellent. My favorite thing about that show is the music. Amazing music. Amazing show.
  11. TylerT
    Nov 22, 2009
    I think Dexter is the greatest TV show out there right now. All i wanna do is watch Dexter now. I look foward to it every night. ITS AWESOME!!
  12. Bill
    Oct 14, 2009
    You know, It really bugs me that ppl complain about the show just because of its graphic nature and the fact ppl root for the killer. First off no matter where you there will be ppl rooting for a villian in a movie/show or whatever. Dexter is not for children and directed at adults obviously and if you dont want your children to watch the show then take control of your child and dont let You know, It really bugs me that ppl complain about the show just because of its graphic nature and the fact ppl root for the killer. First off no matter where you there will be ppl rooting for a villian in a movie/show or whatever. Dexter is not for children and directed at adults obviously and if you dont want your children to watch the show then take control of your child and dont let them. As for Adults you should know that its just a show and is not real. If someone becomes a murderer and say its because he idolizes Dexter or whatever then obviously he/she is unbalanced and should be put away. I mean as far as the content goes, I abolutely love Dexter but when i see something on Trauma life in ER with someone being operated on, i am running to the bathroom getting ready to vomit. I can distinguish whats real and whats not. I think Dexter is an awsome show and hope it stays on the air for awhile. The Story is excellent and so is character development. I honestly cant think of a negative thing about Dexter besides the fact that i can be slow at times and i normally can handle slow movie shows or movies but there was just the once i felt that during the series. Other than that everything i have to say is positive so im going give it a 10. Expand
  13. DanielC
    Nov 9, 2009
    Smart, funny, entertaining. All three things you want in a TV series and Dexter gets it spot on. The character development is fantastic and the fact that the series are only 12 episodes only helps the show accelerate into the season finale climax that you know will blow you away!
  14. KristaK
    Dec 3, 2009
    This show is honestly the best show I have watched on television in a long time. No show has kept me this interested and captivated and the show has every quality a viewer would want. A modern time shakespeare production- It includes your drama, your betrayl, your romance, your violence and murder and your comedy. This show doesn't miss a beat and a negative rating would only be This show is honestly the best show I have watched on television in a long time. No show has kept me this interested and captivated and the show has every quality a viewer would want. A modern time shakespeare production- It includes your drama, your betrayl, your romance, your violence and murder and your comedy. This show doesn't miss a beat and a negative rating would only be given by the conservative "Mom and Dad block the HBO channel" type people. Well, we still sneak behind Mom and Dad's back and watch the show anyways. Expand
  15. mariaf
    Jan 29, 2009
    Best ever series. Well played.
  16. ScottH.
    Jan 5, 2009
    My wife and I love the show and hope that it will run for many years. We only wish there were more episodes per season.
  17. franciss.
    Jan 7, 2009
    Dexter is one of the best new thrillers out. It is engaging on all levels and one cannot but help finding a bit of Dexter in themselves. A must for adults who understands that TV is for entertainment.
  18. LindaN
    May 20, 2009
    I hate Six Feet Under, and I especially hated Michael C. Hall in it. But he is fantastic in Dexter.
  19. HennyC
    May 22, 2009
    Can't get enough. Well done show, most intense show I ever seen. Please do not stop. Incredible cast. Michael is at his best. Dexter I like the monster in you.
  20. stephens
    Jan 23, 2010
    This show is definitely the best series ever on TV. The characters are compelling. The writing, music and plot are what makes this show worth watching. The shot sequences are brilliant. Great job Show time!!!
  21. Cruella
    Oct 11, 2006
    Great show. MCH is wonderful in this. I totally root for Dexter, btw, we need more guys like him.
  22. Sandy
    Oct 11, 2006
    Great show. Michael C. Hall is a terrific actor and he's the perfect choice for Dexter. What a dilemma it presents to the viewer: Is it really so reprehensible to rid the world of a confirmed child killer, a serial rapist-murderer, or an unrepentant repeat drunk driving killer? You decide!
  23. LauraC
    Nov 10, 2006
    You can't help finding Dexter incredibly charming.
  24. JasonW
    Nov 14, 2006
    10+++++ I have read most of the reviews on this show and it has received mixed reviews. I kind understand why most people dont get it. The general public has had to many CSI's and Law Order type shows shoved down their throats. They can not open up to a fresh new show like this. How many times have the police have to solve the perfect crime in 40 mins or less. What is this Dominos 10+++++ I have read most of the reviews on this show and it has received mixed reviews. I kind understand why most people dont get it. The general public has had to many CSI's and Law Order type shows shoved down their throats. They can not open up to a fresh new show like this. How many times have the police have to solve the perfect crime in 40 mins or less. What is this Dominos Pizza Murder solved by CSI: Dominos? Thank the cable gods have answered our prayers. Thank You Showtime for giving us something othe.... than. This is a great show and I wish more people would open up to it. Stop watching CSI and Law Order and just maybe the Networks would give you something new. In the mean time only the real shows will exist on pay-tv. Expand
  25. aandrews
    Nov 14, 2006
    exceptional, original.....maybe "groudbreaking" (oh, this sounds like an HBO ad?!)....but seriously, Dexter is GREAT. Hall's performance is superb.
  26. RomeoP
    Nov 17, 2006
    Fresh ideas. Exploration of human feelings. Very convincing overall.
  27. AnnaT
    Nov 19, 2006
    This is by far the most intersting and unique show that I have ever seen on TV. A ruby amid rubble. The performance by Michael C. Hall is spectacular and professional, no other could have done this twisted character in such a powerful way. A great show that also serves as a metaphor in or own lives, to the point that it is quite risky in the sense that it may bother people that do not This is by far the most intersting and unique show that I have ever seen on TV. A ruby amid rubble. The performance by Michael C. Hall is spectacular and professional, no other could have done this twisted character in such a powerful way. A great show that also serves as a metaphor in or own lives, to the point that it is quite risky in the sense that it may bother people that do not wish to view their lives like that. Brilliant. Expand
  28. SamanthaH
    Nov 19, 2006
    TV is not a big on my interests; I hardly watch anything. I have never followed a show very closely until Dexter. I really don't regret checking it out! It's absolutely brilliant and darkly hilarious. Michael C. Hall's performance is breathtaking and perfect, captivating the viewer with subtleties. I go to my best friend's every week to see the new episodes! Definitely TV is not a big on my interests; I hardly watch anything. I have never followed a show very closely until Dexter. I really don't regret checking it out! It's absolutely brilliant and darkly hilarious. Michael C. Hall's performance is breathtaking and perfect, captivating the viewer with subtleties. I go to my best friend's every week to see the new episodes! Definitely a show that shouldn't be missed. Expand
  29. jeremyw
    Nov 21, 2006
    Best TV show ever!!!
  30. matta
    Nov 21, 2006
    Michael C. Hall truly redeems himself after his lackluster performance for several years on the hugely overrated Six Feet Under with this incedible, multi-layered performance. The show is great, too.

1. Reviewed by: James Poniewozik
    The morals of this provocative show are as intriguing as its cases.
  2. Entertainment Weekly
    Reviewed by: Michael Endelman
    Though his cliche hard-boiled voice-over doesn't work, much of this series... does. [29 Sep 2006, p.73]
  3. Dexter treats extreme violence much in the same way that GoodFellas did: as something horrifying, intoxicating, seductive and thrilling, all at the same time.