Dexter : Season 1

Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
9.1

1. EmilyP
    Nov 30, 2006
    This one sounded somewhat interesting, but I didn't get around to watching it until halfway through the season. Glad I did! The entire cast, especially Michael C. Hall, is just perfect, and the TV adaptation makes Dexter even more likeable than in the book. Great writing, great acting, great everything...This is the first show I plan on buying on DVD!
  2. Mr.Tang
    Oct 15, 2006
    No fancy words here, it's just a brilliant show that's worth my time and the time of those who aren't put off by it's darker content. It's takes a certain perspective to enjoy it and don't let those comments of "America in decline" stop you from gaining a new one.
  3. EdG
    Dec 11, 2006
    Great, original idea. The new center of water-cooler talk Monday mornings.
  4. nanciem
    Dec 11, 2006
    If I could ad plusses to the 10, then I would! Hall owns the series but ALL other actors are also at their peak. The kind of series you tell all your friends to watch (if you are slightly bent!). LOVE IT.
  5. ScottE
    Dec 12, 2006
    My favorite show on TV right now.
  6. TomM
    Oct 2, 2006
    Great casting, writing, acting & action!
  7. SarahE
    Oct 2, 2006
    Genius.
  8. TrindenB
    Dec 15, 2006
    Slick. The only TV show that doesn't bore me, and the only one (except hockey) that I need to see every week...
  9. jana
    Dec 15, 2006
    different prespective...very talented cast! love this show, it's going to be a very long summer until season 2 starts!!!!
  10. L-AH.
    Dec 17, 2006
    The only show that I currently watch on television. Michael C. Hall is spectacular! Looking forward to another season...
  11. PedroZ
    Dec 18, 2006
    Simple, te best.
  12. AJSearles
    Dec 19, 2006
    Best show out there. I can't wait for the second season to begin and the first just finished.
  13. GladysB
    Dec 20, 2006
    I love this show, Michael Hall is exceptional in this show,showtime is really bringing up its game with this program, its perverse well written and the characters are addictive to watch, great show
  14. TracyB
    Dec 2, 2006
    I am completely hooked on this amazing show. A friend asked me to give it a try and now this is my favourite show. I have gotten all of my friends and family addicted too! Brilliantly written!!!! The characters are fantastic and the storylines keep me coming back each week. I can't wait for season two!!!
  15. CanO.
    Oct 22, 2006
    great show
  16. pauld
    Dec 26, 2006
    Best show on T.V. right now
  17. melin
    Dec 3, 2006
    best show on tv
  18. Leslie
    Dec 3, 2006
    Seriously one of the best shows I've seen in a long time. Manages to combine horror, psychological thriller and comedy all at the same time. Miraculous. Intoxicating.
  19. ArtM
    Dec 4, 2006
    Smartly mimics the book. Very intelligent. As for the premise, everyone looks down on the garbage man, but he's necessary. If only....
  20. JesseO
    Dec 6, 2006
    Great stories with great characters made superb by excelent acting.
  21. AnnetteR
    Oct 5, 2006
    The best new show on TV, a never-seen-before concept. Showtime has scored bigtime!
  22. CorenD
    Sep 30, 2006
    A fantastic show. A definite must-see.
  23. nancyt
    Jan 10, 2007
    Best show on tv. I love Dexter........
  24. MikeA.
    Nov 13, 2007
    greatest show ever
  25. HootchieMama
    Nov 20, 2007
    Greatest show in T.V history. Love it so much.
  26. AD
    Jan 13, 2007
    I ordered Showtime just to watch the season finale of Dexter.
  27. LucaT.
    Nov 3, 2007
    season 2 is even better!!
  28. BrianL.
    Oct 16, 2007
    Best show on television now!
  29. FrankB
    Dec 12, 2007
    By far the best show on TV at this time. Very addictive and the character study goes far beyond the whole serial killer killing bad guys theme. Great depth to the main character where you are pulling for him.
  30. TapasN.
    Dec 12, 2007
    The best TV show ever!!! Dexter rocks bigtime.
  31. TamTom
    Dec 7, 2007
    Brilliantly scripted, acted, and produced show. Love the story, the characters and the cast.
  32. CanO.
    Jan 27, 2007
    great show
  33. SusanS
    Jan 27, 2007
    this is the best show I have ever seen.... and i have seen a lot of shows. It is smart, creepy, funny and more importantly unique.
  34. DylanC
    Jan 4, 2007
    Genious show. Micheal C Hall plays is a perfect cast for the dark and light character of dexter. Amazing show all around. Wish I could score it higher
  35. Natalieo
    Oct 8, 2007
    This is the best show in years. Totally brilliant!
  36. ChadH
    Feb 16, 2007
    Im addicted! Was waiting a long time for something worthwhile to watch on tv. Dexter has my attention and its worth staring at the telivision set for an hour. It has something most programs on tv don't have, A GOOD PLOT!!!!!!!!!!
  37. martinp
    Feb 20, 2007
    amazing show
  38. BenP
    Feb 25, 2007
    I like the show a lot. The first season was amazing, and after finishing the second book I have high hopes for the second season.
  39. IanM
    Feb 26, 2007
    One of my favorite shows. Michael C Hall is fantastic and loveable, but the big surprise is that you find yourself wanting to see more of the supporting actors.
  40. BrianW
    Feb 4, 2007
    This is the best show ever. I'v never seen a show like it. It feels good to have a killer on our side. You don't even know your cheering for a killer
  41. JKB
    Feb 7, 2007
    Ethics rock; methods do not... but incredibly good acting, well written series, always watch!
  42. ZavanM
    Mar 7, 2007
    Bom, essa série é espetacular, criativa e com um enredo envolvente. Sem dúvida na minha opinião, o melhor lançamento de 2006, e uma das melhores séries da atualidade. Vida longa a Dexter o/
  43. TomB
    Apr 19, 2007
    I wish I could vote higher than 10. After seeing the first season, I read the book it was based on, Darkly Dreaming Dexter, by Jeff Lindsay. The book is very, very good. The series is even better. Great role for Michael Hall, who makes the most of the opportunity! Can't wait for Season 2 next fall.
  44. FredB
    Apr 23, 2007
    Excellent
  45. JamesU.
    Apr 7, 2007
    This was the best Show and I'd say the most Intence show that I have seen in a long time. Definently can't wait till Season 2.
  46. JanieDoe
    May 28, 2007
    Never have I seen a show so interesting, chillng and entertaining all in one. Two tumbs up!
  47. TiffanyR.
    May 31, 2007
    I didn't watch this show during it's regular season, but thought I'd check it out on Showtime on Demand. I was HOOKED! They only "released" a couple of shows at a time so I was obsessively checking to see when new ones were ready for viewing. Michael C. Hall was great in "Six Feet Under", but as "Dexter" he is awesome. Season 1's final two shows blew me away! And I I didn't watch this show during it's regular season, but thought I'd check it out on Showtime on Demand. I was HOOKED! They only "released" a couple of shows at a time so I was obsessively checking to see when new ones were ready for viewing. Michael C. Hall was great in "Six Feet Under", but as "Dexter" he is awesome. Season 1's final two shows blew me away! And I don't think they could have found a better actress to portray Dexter's foul-mouthed, loving sister. CAN NOT WAIT for Season 2!!!! Expand
  48. BillPetkanas
    Jun 15, 2007
    It's the cast. The writing is good, the music is great, but the cast is perfect. Michael C. Hall does laid-back creepy so well it's, well, scary. And the rest of the cast do their parts so realistically and well it makes the show move like life. Creepy, weird, life. A great drama.
  49. JoshKrueger
    Jun 19, 2007
    Amazing!
  50. KristinK
    Jun 25, 2007
    AWESOME!! i love dexter.
  51. JW
    Jun 29, 2007
    It has been several months since the first season of Dexter ended, but I decided to write this review now because it has never been far from my mind. Most notably, I thought of it after the horribly disappointing conclusion to Heroes, which made me realize just how great this show was. I have never been so satisfied with a season of a show. Period. Not the Wire. Not the Sopranos. Not It has been several months since the first season of Dexter ended, but I decided to write this review now because it has never been far from my mind. Most notably, I thought of it after the horribly disappointing conclusion to Heroes, which made me realize just how great this show was. I have never been so satisfied with a season of a show. Period. Not the Wire. Not the Sopranos. Not Deadwood. Nothing. I still think the Wire is the best show on TV, but as a cohesive whole there is simply nothing better than the first season of Dexter. The 77 Critic average does this show no justice because they were forced to base their score off of the first 4 episodes which were great, but nothing compared to the season as a single entity. I can say without any doubt in my mind, that if the critics were allowed do view the entire show before writing their reviews, we would be looking at a show with an average somewhere in the 90s, but don't take my word for it. Go get your hands on the DVD (August 21st) or order Showtime and watch it on demand. Do something because there is no telling what Dexter will do to you if you don't, and I can't say I'd disagree with his reasoning. (If you absolutely cannot stand anything even remotely morbid than the show may not be for you, though I will say, I watched the entire season with someone who I would put in that category, and they still loved it.) I Expand
  52. JoanneC.
    Jul 15, 2007
    Excellent Series, I am totally addicted. First show was a little odd, I wasn't sure if I liked it or not. Second show I had flashes of love hate, but the love was definately felt for 75% of the show. By show 3 I was hooked. Dexter is a very clever character and Michael C Hall is perfect in this role. You can't help but like him. This is one series I will definately by buying the Excellent Series, I am totally addicted. First show was a little odd, I wasn't sure if I liked it or not. Second show I had flashes of love hate, but the love was definately felt for 75% of the show. By show 3 I was hooked. Dexter is a very clever character and Michael C Hall is perfect in this role. You can't help but like him. This is one series I will definately by buying the complete seasons for my collections so I can watch them over and over again. Expand
  53. AdamS
    Jul 26, 2007
    I liked this man :)
  54. DavidK
    Aug 15, 2007
    I don't normally review things, but I had to help let it be known. Hands down, best new show of the last few years.
  55. AlyA
    Aug 22, 2007
    I loved this show so much that I read the books its based on and I think it may have been as good or even better in some cases. I bought it on DVD the day it came out and can't wait for the next season to start.
  56. LauraR
    Aug 31, 2007
    Dexter is amazing. For me the acting and the soundtrack make the show. I mean the opening credits are brilliant. Very tongue in cheek, creepy but making fun at the same time.
  57. CP.
    Sep 15, 2007
    I didn't like the show at first, but I've rarely been so glad to have stuck with a TV show. Very interesting story and characters.
  58. MitchF
    Jan 1, 2008
    I haven't been this captivated by a show in years.
  59. Piotr
    Jan 14, 2008
    Amazing... just brilliant!
  60. KarenW.
    Nov 8, 2008
    Thoroughly addictive and well-suited to watching on DVD. We were so addicted we finished season 1 in a few days. Season 2 was quite good but not as good as season 1.
  61. PhilipK
    Jan 3, 2008
    Best show ever shown on television. Period.
  62. JustynaS
    Oct 3, 2008
    I'm addicted. To everyone. Even to Doaksey.
  63. MichaelP.
    Jan 4, 2008
    Best cable tv show ever.
  64. JimmyJ.
    Feb 15, 2008
    Dexter is flat out the best show on TV. While the critics gush over crap like Grey's Anatomy, the rest of us enjoy our good fortune of having Dexter to remind us of how truly great TV can be.
  65. MeganT.
    Feb 24, 2008
    Morbid and gruesome, just how i like it...nice work!
  66. KellyU.
    Mar 21, 2008
    I love the character development. What an awesome show, I'm hooked.
  67. MichaelG.
    Mar 27, 2008
    Best show on t.v. right now, hands down. Watch it!
  68. GilS.
    Mar 4, 2008
    Michael C. Hall is the most talented actor I have ever seen. His phenomenal capabilities are being emphasized by his unique ability to play the complex Dexter character so brilliantly with mimics I have never seen before. No doubt that the brilliant script and the genius Michael, makes this TV series the most fascinating of all times.
  69. LeahT
    Mar 9, 2008
    Perhaps the most enticing character to hit screens since House, M.D. came out in 2004, Dexter is everything anyone could ever wish for from a lovable serial killer. Seriously, watch this sociopath toy with his barely existent emotions...and feel yourself rooting him on.
  70. PaulB
    Mar 9, 2008
    Brilliant, disturbing and chilling. Dexter keeps on the edge of your seat and you can't help wanting more and more.
  71. MatthewM.
    Apr 22, 2008
    The first time i watched Dexter i was floored and quickly watched the rest of the two seasons. The character that Hall portrays is genius, and the moral dilemmas Dexter goes through are utterly intriguing. My Favorite New Show.
  72. JustinD.
    Apr 27, 2008
    Absolutely incredible show, great writing, Michael C. Hall is one of the best actors on TV. A new take on the superhero formula.
  73. GH
    Apr 8, 2008
    Absolutely brilliant. The people who have rated it badly cause of the first 2-3 shows do not know what they are missing.
  74. John
    May 5, 2008
    Best show I have seen in a long time. it is funny to put these shows together but flight of the concords, extras and dexter are evidence that there is brilliance out there.
  75. BrianC.
    Jul 13, 2008
    Best show on TV, period.
  76. DebraS.
    Jul 3, 2008
    This show, IMHO is refreshing, exhilarating, amusing, clever, and addictive. The writing is first rate, as is the acting and set decorations.
  77. JadeD.
    Jul 3, 2008
    Dexter is simply just the best show playing on television right now. It's highly debatable plot makes the show even more intriguing. Acting is excellent. My favorite thing about that show is the music. Amazing music. Amazing show.
  78. TylerT
    Nov 22, 2009
    I think Dexter is the greatest TV show out there right now. All i wanna do is watch Dexter now. I look foward to it every night. ITS AWESOME!!
  79. Bill
    Oct 14, 2009
    You know, It really bugs me that ppl complain about the show just because of its graphic nature and the fact ppl root for the killer. First off no matter where you there will be ppl rooting for a villian in a movie/show or whatever. Dexter is not for children and directed at adults obviously and if you dont want your children to watch the show then take control of your child and dont let You know, It really bugs me that ppl complain about the show just because of its graphic nature and the fact ppl root for the killer. First off no matter where you there will be ppl rooting for a villian in a movie/show or whatever. Dexter is not for children and directed at adults obviously and if you dont want your children to watch the show then take control of your child and dont let them. As for Adults you should know that its just a show and is not real. If someone becomes a murderer and say its because he idolizes Dexter or whatever then obviously he/she is unbalanced and should be put away. I mean as far as the content goes, I abolutely love Dexter but when i see something on Trauma life in ER with someone being operated on, i am running to the bathroom getting ready to vomit. I can distinguish whats real and whats not. I think Dexter is an awsome show and hope it stays on the air for awhile. The Story is excellent and so is character development. I honestly cant think of a negative thing about Dexter besides the fact that i can be slow at times and i normally can handle slow movie shows or movies but there was just the once i felt that during the series. Other than that everything i have to say is positive so im going give it a 10. Expand
  80. DanielC
    Nov 9, 2009
    Smart, funny, entertaining. All three things you want in a TV series and Dexter gets it spot on. The character development is fantastic and the fact that the series are only 12 episodes only helps the show accelerate into the season finale climax that you know will blow you away!
  81. KristaK
    Dec 3, 2009
    This show is honestly the best show I have watched on television in a long time. No show has kept me this interested and captivated and the show has every quality a viewer would want. A modern time shakespeare production- It includes your drama, your betrayl, your romance, your violence and murder and your comedy. This show doesn't miss a beat and a negative rating would only be This show is honestly the best show I have watched on television in a long time. No show has kept me this interested and captivated and the show has every quality a viewer would want. A modern time shakespeare production- It includes your drama, your betrayl, your romance, your violence and murder and your comedy. This show doesn't miss a beat and a negative rating would only be given by the conservative "Mom and Dad block the HBO channel" type people. Well, we still sneak behind Mom and Dad's back and watch the show anyways. Expand
  82. mariaf
    Jan 29, 2009
    Best ever series. Well played.
  83. ScottH.
    Jan 5, 2009
    My wife and I love the show and hope that it will run for many years. We only wish there were more episodes per season.
  84. franciss.
    Jan 7, 2009
    Dexter is one of the best new thrillers out. It is engaging on all levels and one cannot but help finding a bit of Dexter in themselves. A must for adults who understands that TV is for entertainment.
  85. HennyC
    May 22, 2009
    Can't get enough. Well done show, most intense show I ever seen. Please do not stop. Incredible cast. Michael is at his best. Dexter I like the monster in you.
  86. stephens
    Jan 23, 2010
    This show is definitely the best series ever on TV. The characters are compelling. The writing, music and plot are what makes this show worth watching. The shot sequences are brilliant. Great job Show time!!!
  87. Cruella
    Oct 11, 2006
    Great show. MCH is wonderful in this. I totally root for Dexter, btw, we need more guys like him.
  88. Sandy
    Oct 11, 2006
    Great show. Michael C. Hall is a terrific actor and he's the perfect choice for Dexter. What a dilemma it presents to the viewer: Is it really so reprehensible to rid the world of a confirmed child killer, a serial rapist-murderer, or an unrepentant repeat drunk driving killer? You decide!
  89. LauraC
    Nov 10, 2006
    You can't help finding Dexter incredibly charming.
  90. JasonW
    Nov 14, 2006
    10+++++ I have read most of the reviews on this show and it has received mixed reviews. I kind understand why most people dont get it. The general public has had to many CSI's and Law Order type shows shoved down their throats. They can not open up to a fresh new show like this. How many times have the police have to solve the perfect crime in 40 mins or less. What is this Dominos 10+++++ I have read most of the reviews on this show and it has received mixed reviews. I kind understand why most people dont get it. The general public has had to many CSI's and Law Order type shows shoved down their throats. They can not open up to a fresh new show like this. How many times have the police have to solve the perfect crime in 40 mins or less. What is this Dominos Pizza Murder solved by CSI: Dominos? Thank the cable gods have answered our prayers. Thank You Showtime for giving us something othe.... than. This is a great show and I wish more people would open up to it. Stop watching CSI and Law Order and just maybe the Networks would give you something new. In the mean time only the real shows will exist on pay-tv. Expand
  91. RomeoP
    Nov 17, 2006
    Fresh ideas. Exploration of human feelings. Very convincing overall.
  92. AnnaT
    Nov 19, 2006
    This is by far the most intersting and unique show that I have ever seen on TV. A ruby amid rubble. The performance by Michael C. Hall is spectacular and professional, no other could have done this twisted character in such a powerful way. A great show that also serves as a metaphor in or own lives, to the point that it is quite risky in the sense that it may bother people that do not This is by far the most intersting and unique show that I have ever seen on TV. A ruby amid rubble. The performance by Michael C. Hall is spectacular and professional, no other could have done this twisted character in such a powerful way. A great show that also serves as a metaphor in or own lives, to the point that it is quite risky in the sense that it may bother people that do not wish to view their lives like that. Brilliant. Expand
  93. SamanthaH
    Nov 19, 2006
    TV is not a big on my interests; I hardly watch anything. I have never followed a show very closely until Dexter. I really don't regret checking it out! It's absolutely brilliant and darkly hilarious. Michael C. Hall's performance is breathtaking and perfect, captivating the viewer with subtleties. I go to my best friend's every week to see the new episodes! Definitely TV is not a big on my interests; I hardly watch anything. I have never followed a show very closely until Dexter. I really don't regret checking it out! It's absolutely brilliant and darkly hilarious. Michael C. Hall's performance is breathtaking and perfect, captivating the viewer with subtleties. I go to my best friend's every week to see the new episodes! Definitely a show that shouldn't be missed. Expand
  94. jeremyw
    Nov 21, 2006
    Best TV show ever!!!
  95. ChantA
    Nov 20, 2006
    Suh an unique concept and never fails to keep my interest.
  96. NathanS
    Nov 27, 2006
    I detest blood. Can't watch it on the Learning Channel or even CSI. Nonetheless, I have been totally sucked in by this show. I can't remember the last time I was so intrigued with a show after one viewing...and now I am hooked. Do yourself a favor...if you haven't already...call your cable company and order Showtime. It's worth the dime for this show alone. Michael C. I detest blood. Can't watch it on the Learning Channel or even CSI. Nonetheless, I have been totally sucked in by this show. I can't remember the last time I was so intrigued with a show after one viewing...and now I am hooked. Do yourself a favor...if you haven't already...call your cable company and order Showtime. It's worth the dime for this show alone. Michael C. Hall is brilliant in his portrayal of Dexter. The show will haunt you...in a really good way. In a world of reality t.v. shows, Dexter offers new hope. Expand
  97. RobertS
    Nov 29, 2006
    Best show I've ever watched. I just can't get enough of it.
  98. LaurenN
    Nov 30, 2006
    One of the most interesting and captivating new shows I have seen in quite a while.
  99. OliveV
    Oct 15, 2006
    I cannot get enough of this show. While a couple of characters are iffy, Hall is superb. I'm in love.
  100. josephk
    Oct 19, 2006
    amazing show unfortunatley it not aired in canada and would like to purchase the DVD set

1. Reviewed by: James Poniewozik
    The morals of this provocative show are as intriguing as its cases.
  2. Entertainment Weekly
    Reviewed by: Michael Endelman
    Though his cliche hard-boiled voice-over doesn't work, much of this series... does. [29 Sep 2006, p.73]
  3. Dexter treats extreme violence much in the same way that GoodFellas did: as something horrifying, intoxicating, seductive and thrilling, all at the same time.