Dexter : Season 1

Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
9.1

1. LinP
    Oct 30, 2006
    Simply brilliant! Best new show on TV!
  2. dudleydoright
    Oct 9, 2006
    Addicting..
  3. TylerS
    Jan 2, 2007
    One of the best dramas I have ever seen!
  4. LisaH
    Jan 3, 2007
    AWESOME show. I am completely obsessed witht his series and I enver get into a tv series. Can't wait until next year!!
  5. Maria
    Oct 8, 2007
    One of the two TV shows that I really enjoyed in the last 10 years. The show is brilliant and probably even better, than the original books.
  6. MichaelD.
    Oct 9, 2007
    A finely drawn character study masquerading as a blood-splashed procedural, Dexter explores what it means to feel human
  7. AlexisK
    May 6, 2007
    This show totally creeps me out! I love it...always keeps me guessing!
  8. CedricC
    Jun 4, 2007
    Excellent show with great storyline. Can't wait to see how they'll keep up with the story next season.
  9. JulieF
    Aug 8, 2007
    Best new series i have seen in many years. Can't wait for next season.
  10. rossc
    Oct 17, 2006
    who would think a show about a serial killer could be sooo funny . Great show .
  11. JessM
    Dec 4, 2006
    This is the best show I have ever seen! An mix of CSI and unnatural humor and drama!
  12. FurionL
    Dec 6, 2006
    I absolutely love Dexter. I'll admit that the first few episodes aren't that great (but I'd still rate them rather high), and that there is quite a bit of... well. Monologue, with Dexter talking to himself. But as the main plot of the season picks up, the show REALLY picks up. You get more into the characters -- not only Dexter, but all the people around him. His I absolutely love Dexter. I'll admit that the first few episodes aren't that great (but I'd still rate them rather high), and that there is quite a bit of... well. Monologue, with Dexter talking to himself. But as the main plot of the season picks up, the show REALLY picks up. You get more into the characters -- not only Dexter, but all the people around him. His girlfriend, his sister, Angel, and his superiors (most specifically his Lieutenant seems to change a lot) all have their bits where Dexter isn't always the in the spotlight... In fact, you will find yourself knowing more than Dexter the more it progresses. I guess I have a sardonic sense of humor, which is why I enjoy this, and find myself laughing at a few dark part (specifically at parts where he snags the person, or does something completely out of character for his usual self -- such as acting on emotion and smashing someone in the head with a frying pan). If you've watched the first two episodes in it or so, and dropped it because it didn't seem so interesting... I suggest picking it up again and giving it a chance again. I really enjoyed this. 9.5 out of 10 with 119 votes can't be bad, eh? Expand
  13. melin
    Dec 6, 2006
    best show on tv
  14. MerrileeF
    Dec 7, 2006
    This show had me from the first episode. It is extremely entertaining and engrossing. Michael Hall is so intriguing as Dexter, he pulls you in and makes you feel for his character. After all, he's trying to find his way in life just like the rest of us. I find myself watching reruns during the week because I want more. I highly recommend it!
  15. RonB
    Oct 2, 2006
    The most creative show ever. Brilliant concept. Kept me mezmerized for the entire hour. Very good entertainment. Good character fits. Love the story line.
  16. KateH
    Oct 20, 2006
    I'm actually studying to be a clinical forensic psychologist, so this stuff is my bread and butter. But the most impressive thing is how superbly they have nailed the psychopath. Another reviewer said s/he can't find humanity in him... well, because there is none. That's the point. Dexter is the ultimate anti-hero, and I find the show to be fascinating, funny, incredibly I'm actually studying to be a clinical forensic psychologist, so this stuff is my bread and butter. But the most impressive thing is how superbly they have nailed the psychopath. Another reviewer said s/he can't find humanity in him... well, because there is none. That's the point. Dexter is the ultimate anti-hero, and I find the show to be fascinating, funny, incredibly original, and (of course) disturbing. I've grown so bored with cop procedural, even though I still like the subject matter. Dexter is a perfect fit for those of us who want to be challenged by television; who want a show that makes us think about morality, and the nature of humanity. If you're not into that, it's just plain fun too. Expand
  17. MaryEllenP
    Oct 30, 2006
    Thank god for cable, or shows like this would never happen. Sorry I never saw Six Feet Under. May need to check it out on DVD.
  18. JSumpter
    Jan 5, 2007
    Can't wait 4 season 2....
  19. md
    Feb 3, 2007
    outstanding
  20. ZiadA
    Mar 3, 2007
    One of the best shows i've ever seen, but didn't like the way they started the drama with the fealings :'( .Can't wait for the 2'nd Season.
  21. Lilt
    Apr 30, 2007
    Not one who easily gets addicted to tv shows, but have been faithfully watching Dexter. Super-smart, slick and stylish, diabolical wit conveyed with perfection by Hall. Just finished season 1 last night (last 4 episodes climaxed to a perfect end!) and can't wait for 2nd season.
  22. battosaiiiii^^
    Jul 2, 2007
    Simply the best!
  25. StalwartL.
    Sep 3, 2007
    Great acting and chilling, intricate yet consistent plot. A great product for great entertainment.
  26. Adam
    May 5, 2008
    This is an edge of your seat suspense thriller. Once I started watching it, I couldn't stop, episode after episode until the whole story has unfolded in front of me. A truly impressive TV show.
  27. ElizabethD.
    Jul 3, 2009
    Absolutely my favorite tv series! I've never seen anything like it. I loved 'Six Feet Under', and would say '24' was my favorite series... until I found 'Dexter'. So original, entertaining, and thought provoking. So hard to wait for the next show that I wait for the season to end, rent the whole season and watch it almost non-stop. :)
  28. CoreyK
    Nov 27, 2006
    The show only gets better and better. Let's hope the Ice Truck Killer Plotline ends with a well-written conclusion and that Season 2 gets even better. Weeds Season 2 was a disappointment for all but the last episode.
  29. KarenB
    Nov 4, 2006
    Can't wait to watch each week!
  30. DavidR
    Oct 19, 2006
    Wow. This show is what you get if you blend CSI, the Hitman games, and a big pile of fun. And that's a good thing.

1. Reviewed by: James Poniewozik
    The morals of this provocative show are as intriguing as its cases.
  2. Entertainment Weekly
    Reviewed by: Michael Endelman
    Though his cliche hard-boiled voice-over doesn't work, much of this series... does. [29 Sep 2006, p.73]
  3. Dexter treats extreme violence much in the same way that GoodFellas did: as something horrifying, intoxicating, seductive and thrilling, all at the same time.