8.8

1. Feb 8, 2014
    Doctor who covers many genres, and with the inclusion of Catherine Tate as Donna Noble, she adds hilarious comedy, which adds to the show's greatness. The final episodes show just how great a season this was.
  2. Feb 2, 2014
    This series starts sluggish but by the time it finishes, it's as strong as ever. The antagonists are better and so are the special effects. However, some episodes feel just typical Doctor Who (The Doctor's Daughter and The Sontaran Strategem / The Poison Sky) and doesn't compare well against other episodes.
  3. Sep 28, 2013
    I am surprised I like Tate as much as I did this season because I am not a fan of her other work, That being said she was a fantastic companion. Tennant, as always, is an enjoyable doctor. The story telling was rather good this season and certainly interesting to watch. That being said, It was a real grind to finish the last few episodes because they weren't that interesting and very far too long. However, We are introduced to a new doctor at the end of the season so it all makes up for it. Tennant will be missed but I can't wait to see how the new doctor is next season.

Overall, A solid season but no real defining moment that made me love it.
  4. Dec 28, 2012
    Once again a great season. Donna kind of annoyed me at first, but she grew on me as time went on. Her character is supposed to be a bit annoying anyway. In fact I just re-watched the episode were she was introduced, it was on TV over the holidays and the way her personality and The Doctor's personalities contrast with each other humourously is great! I was concerned when I found out this would be David Tennant's last season as The Doctor, he was a good Doctor. Expand
  5. Sep 3, 2011
    Catherine Tate is, I think, an underrated companion. She is annoying at times, but she's very very funny. David Tennent is whiney and annoying at this point, and I was excited to see him go. Silence in the Library is incredible and, in general, anything written by Moffat is going to be good. All in all a great season.
  6. Jul 27, 2011
    Season (or rather series) 4 made my laugh and cry many times. The main mission of TV (to entertain) has been completed. Episodes: 'The Unicorn and the Wasp' and 'Turn Left' belong to my favourites and explain what 'Doctor Who' is really about. David Tennant as the Doctor and Catherine Tate as Donna have been a huge pleasure for my eyes. Maybe 'The Stolen Earth' and 'Journey's End' are a bit confusing (as if the writers tried to make a perfect end for each plot), but two-part 'The End of Time' is a wonderful compensation. Expand
  7. Nov 10, 2010
    David Tennant will be sorely missed, as will Russell T Davies. This season kept up the high quality of what we've come to expect from Doctor Who. We have child-like curiosity intermingled with a very dark Doctor this season. It's like age and youth combined. Tennant really is one of the exceptional actors of our time.
  8. Oct 17, 2010
    The final full season with David Tennant is full with exceptional quality episodes where Steven Moffat delivers a classic with his 'Silence in the Library/Forest of the Dead' two-parter. Catherine Tate improves as the season wears on but David Tennant is always sensational, particularly in Russell T. Davies' genuis 'Midnight'. The finale is an overblown juvinile mess but it is still quite fun.

There are no critic reviews yet.