• Network: ABC
  • Series Premiere Date: Apr 11, 2012
  • Season #: 1 , 2
7.2

1. Apr 22, 2012
    Oh joy, yet another show based in New York, let's hope this one ups the ante and doesn't drive our opinions of the city into the ground. It seems to be mandatory to include a sex scene in your pilot episode and this show wastes no time as it opens with a slightly humorous romp between two characters whom have yet to be named unless of course you've choked on any promo footage prior to viewing. The roommate walks in to find her fiance being screwed (on her birthday cake) that is as we smile before the show's title screen rolls.

A few more social jokes are thrown in our direction as we realize this show isn't half as bad as the title may suggest which is verified by a rather hilarious scenario that features the main character's dream job prospect going up in near literal flames, we again laugh due to our superiority in combination with suitable casting choices and witty line as we are absorbed into the show with a smooth progression as the main character initiates a hunt for a suitable roommate when upon decision your expected token asian warns her of incoming threat.

Unfortunately, the quirkiness runs dry as we're presented with censored nudity, perverts from across the way and James Van Der Beek if for some reason you happened to neglect which forgotten celebrity they used to boost this shows starting appeal though our hopes are raised ten minutes into the filler when we're exposed to witnessing a seemingly innocent youth get wasted at the expense of a minor laugh as we're sent to the beginning of the episode and a small reconcile and a premature end to a lacking episode.

You're still not sure what you just watched but it was enough to confuse you into the second episode we're sure.

1. Reviewed by: Dorothy Rabinowitz
    Apr 27, 2012
    It's an unpretentiously low-down sitcom about a female odd couple--morally speaking, that is--with characters sufficiently odd, plots that unfold with sufficient zest, to lure a viewer in.
  2. Reviewed by: David Eckstein
    Apr 13, 2012
    Don't Trust the B---- in Apt 23 offers a new take on an old formula and it succeeds. It's weird, well cast and, most importantly, funny.
  3. Reviewed by: Willa Paskin
    Apr 12, 2012
    Apt. 23 isn't particularly funny, but at least it doesn't have a laugh track to beat you over the head with this fact.