• Network: NBC
  • Series Premiere Date: Oct 25, 2013
7.7

1. Jul 7, 2014
    Absolutely loved This show . Couldn't get enough , the story is so magical you want more . Sure it's a well known story , but JRM brings this character back to life once again , breathtaking and sexy . Would love to see a second series to see what happens next . Can definitely keep up with the current series . Love. Love love Dracula
  2. Apr 27, 2014
    An amazing show that deserves another season. The multiple story lines are masterfully intertwined while using various historical and cultural sources to give the viewer a new twist to this legendary tale.
  3. Apr 4, 2014
    This show is a must watch, the only disappointing thing is that it only aired 10 episodes. Jonathan Rhys Meyers does an excellent job playing Dracula. Draculas' side-kick/confidante Nonso Anozie AKA Mr.Renfield does an excellent job as well. Can't wait to see season two and soon! Hope there will be a few more episodes added then season one.
  4. Mar 17, 2014
    I can't wait for the next season, this series are awesome, it's not some cheesy vampires who are trying not to stain the shirt while drinking blood, it has fight, speculations, romance, and Jonathan Rhys Meyers. ;)
  5. Mar 15, 2014
    A very interesting take on the classical story. Granted, they could have gone the full horror route if they wanted to, but that would be doing the same thing as done a hundred times before. This TV show on the other hand is at the very least trying to be a bit different and takes allot of creative risks. Some of it works and some of it doesn't, but at the end of the day it does remainA very interesting take on the classical story. Granted, they could have gone the full horror route if they wanted to, but that would be doing the same thing as done a hundred times before. This TV show on the other hand is at the very least trying to be a bit different and takes allot of creative risks. Some of it works and some of it doesn't, but at the end of the day it does remain fairly loyal to the source material while also being its own.

Overall:
    A great show that I enjoyed immensely, but I do feel it could have done with a bit more Horror and a little less drama. But as an opening season, I guess that is to be expected. Hopefully it retains its momentum and doesn't lose sight of what it is.
  6. Mar 3, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Im not event sure why a watched all 10 episodes, hopefully there will NOT be second season.
    Christian order of dragon creates a Vampire because death wasnt enough of a punishement? Well one would say that sending him to hell to undergo endless suffering would be a better option than creating a monster and subsequently killing bunch of humans (or maybe they thought they could keep him as a pet?)
    Jack the Ripper as a hoax, WTF?
    Van Helsing was in the order of dragon and yet no one recognizes him?
    Dracula leaving his prey all over the city insted of hiding the bodies (not like there a lot of them - whitch is not Dracula like at all)
    The authors took famous fictional names only (not characters!) and crammed as much of them as they could into the show.
    Murray and Harker .. for her inteligence shes not suspicious enough and he should have been killed in the exposion.
    And finally, they had names of all the members in first episode, I understand they wanted to kill the leader, they were sure it was one of them .. why not just kill them all and be done with it?
  7. Feb 24, 2014
    I love Dracula set up, the writings and the plot of each scene and each episodes.. i hope NBC will continue to air Dracula for 2014. The characters are very illusive, addictive and explicit desirable, the personalities that you will love along the way while watching each episode...
  8. Feb 17, 2014
    Dracula is the breakout sleeper hit of the year 2013. It's one of the best renditions of this old folklore story portrayed in recent years. I hope the delay in announcement of a season 2 is because of contact renewals & production scheduling with the actors and actresses, & not because of lack of interest in the show from it's fans. The NBC Dracula face book page has proved success forDracula is the breakout sleeper hit of the year 2013. It's one of the best renditions of this old folklore story portrayed in recent years. I hope the delay in announcement of a season 2 is because of contact renewals & production scheduling with the actors and actresses, & not because of lack of interest in the show from it's fans. The NBC Dracula face book page has proved success for this drama series by having well over 700,000 "Likes" & it seems to grow by a 1,000 plus every few days. I read that an announcement if there is to be a season 2 will be given sometime in May 2014. It would be wise to allow this show to remain in production for several seasons to come as it is a brilliant show and enjoyable to view. People are so dedicated to bring about the attention needed to help the decision to keep Dracula on air that petitions have been wrote. Fans are signing them by the thousands. The fans are from overseas as well as from stateside. The show is genius, superbly written, and the cast of actors and actresses are a force to be reckoned with. Their performance's abilities are outstanding. Dracula follows the original story close enough but with a steam punk modernistic approach. Which is clever to keep the storyline intriguing and captivating. The sets are spot on with the time era and full of splendor. The costumes are handsome and glamorous. It's refreshing to have a show for the mature viewership and one that reaches out to an all gender audience. A show that has none of the following; federal agents, singing comps, absurd and/or obscured talent shows, police chases, fires that are put out in seconds, unfunny comedy situations, gangs & drug lords running amok in neighborhoods, & celeb games. TV airtime has been saturated with all of this for years and it's tiresome. To have this unique show Dracula for just one season would be unjust to the viewers. Expand
  9. Feb 15, 2014
    Please don't cancel Dracula. I never miss an episode. It's well written and beautifully designed. Not a run of the mill vampire story, this one is thoughtful, with varied layered characters and plots. Exquisite sets and costume designs. Rhys-Meyers is beyond amazing. He IS Dracula. He manages to be both a monster and a sympathetic character who you're glad gets the girl in the seasonPlease don't cancel Dracula. I never miss an episode. It's well written and beautifully designed. Not a run of the mill vampire story, this one is thoughtful, with varied layered characters and plots. Exquisite sets and costume designs. Rhys-Meyers is beyond amazing. He IS Dracula. He manages to be both a monster and a sympathetic character who you're glad gets the girl in the season finale. Can't wait for what's next. Expand
  10. Feb 14, 2014
    I sometimes struggle to understand what critics base their opinions on, if its personal ones then i struggle even more to understand how they can rate teenage tongue-in-cheek shows like Vampire Diaries higher than this.
    Frankly, this is a mature and good show with a solid cast and gripping story, one of the better shows to premiere this year. I was entertained throughout the season and looking forward to getting a renewal.
  11. Feb 6, 2014
    Story build up is fascinating. Well fitting rolls for characters and plot twists to keep you guessing. The primal mix of violence and sex is greattttt
  12. Jan 29, 2014
    Dracula may be a bit different from the famous Bram Stoker novel, but it is an intense, beautiful, classy and an utterly fantastic television series. The series did start out a little weak, with odd pacing and silly moments and what not, but as the show progressed, it became an intense and highly-addictive ride. Basically everything about the show is beautiful; the setting design, theDracula may be a bit different from the famous Bram Stoker novel, but it is an intense, beautiful, classy and an utterly fantastic television series. The series did start out a little weak, with odd pacing and silly moments and what not, but as the show progressed, it became an intense and highly-addictive ride. Basically everything about the show is beautiful; the setting design, the cinematography, the costumes and sometimes the musical score, but unfortunately, the musical score is dated and electronic, therefore not fitting with the baroque look for the series. Dracula is one of those rare free-to-air network TV shows, like Hannibal, that isn't afraid to get gory and bloody - which I like. The acting is quite good, Jonathan Rhys Meyers may be a little mopey at times and his American accent may be hokey, but he is certainly quite menacing and cool when he is in his I-will-tear-you-appart mode. Dracula season one, though flawed, was great, but it is a very underrated show and is sadly on the risk of cancellation, which is a huge shame because season one ended on a cliff-hanger is leading up to something awesome in season two - well, if it gets cancelled we won't see a season two. Expand
  13. Jan 27, 2014
    This is an example of a well produced show with amazing art direction and set design that got so many things right, but failed to convince early viewers to stick around. It doesn't hit it's stride until about episode six and for those that stayed with it for the entire season, were rewarded with some great story telling and plot development. The first half of the season was all aboutThis is an example of a well produced show with amazing art direction and set design that got so many things right, but failed to convince early viewers to stick around. It doesn't hit it's stride until about episode six and for those that stayed with it for the entire season, were rewarded with some great story telling and plot development. The first half of the season was all about character development and setting up the confrontation for the second half. And confrontation there is, with plenty of nail biting moments and plot twists that makes you say "I didn't see that coming", along the way.

For those that criticized the show in it's early days, you should revisit to see how it evolved into a drama worth watching.
  14. Jan 27, 2014
    I can't wait for season 2 of Dracula. I think this show gets better and better with each episode. The "Huntsmen" are pretty badass. As is Dracula himself. I hope they renew it this year.
  15. Jan 25, 2014
    Vlad the impaler did exist! Prince of Wallachia of the house of Draculesti,, But the mystery and myth derived from his existence is so compelling that centuries later his name is alive and well on our lips... Writers can do anything they want with this behemoth! I'm captivated by the show and love the humanity of Vlad- Alexander. Circumstance made him what he is and love drives him toVlad the impaler did exist! Prince of Wallachia of the house of Draculesti,, But the mystery and myth derived from his existence is so compelling that centuries later his name is alive and well on our lips... Writers can do anything they want with this behemoth! I'm captivated by the show and love the humanity of Vlad- Alexander. Circumstance made him what he is and love drives him to want to be human/whole again! Love the show! Will keep watching! Expand
  16. Jan 23, 2014
    I think Dracula can certainly be a far better show than it is now. The biggest issues I have with it is that's painfully slow and takes forever for something to happen. While the cast is good and it can be an interesting watch, The show won't manage to keep it's fan-base for long if they don't spice things up a bit.
  17. Jan 22, 2014
    Love the show. I like that it's a new twist and not just the same tired rehash. Love that Renfield's character is an intelligent, well educated attorney who chooses to be loyal to Dracula. It took a while to get used to Jonathan Rhys Meyers speaking with an American accent. He was fantastic in The Tudors and he has a very commanding presence in Dracula. I enjoy the uneasy allianceLove the show. I like that it's a new twist and not just the same tired rehash. Love that Renfield's character is an intelligent, well educated attorney who chooses to be loyal to Dracula. It took a while to get used to Jonathan Rhys Meyers speaking with an American accent. He was fantastic in The Tudors and he has a very commanding presence in Dracula. I enjoy the uneasy alliance between Dracula and Van Helsing. I was sad to see that next week is the season finale already. I certainly hope NBC brings the show back for another season. Expand
  18. Jan 22, 2014
    Jonathan Rhys Meyers is an amazing actor and the series is fantastic. Great plot..realistic. I love the fact that its not like other vampire shows that have too much of the fantasy feel. This vampire is sexy and a smart business man, intriguing.
  19. Jan 21, 2014
    This is a very interesting take on Dracula - one I must say I am addicted to! The plot gets better with each episode, and the relationships between the characters are very interesting to watch unfold. Definitely recommend this series.
  20. Jan 19, 2014
    I would really like this show to be renewed for a second season. I started watching it late, using On Demand, but I caught up quickly and really enjoy the acting and storyline. I do not normally review television shows, but I think that if it is given a little more publicity others would grow to appreciate the show as well. I'm also looking forward to the season finale.
  21. Jan 19, 2014
    It's getting better and better. The premise is interesting and the art direction and lighting are excellent. Certain cast members, in particular 'Lucy', are invariably weak but the original, intelligent re-imagination shines through. I hope that they get a second season, and if so, that they will weed out the weaker cast and get more confident with the writing and trusting the audience'sIt's getting better and better. The premise is interesting and the art direction and lighting are excellent. Certain cast members, in particular 'Lucy', are invariably weak but the original, intelligent re-imagination shines through. I hope that they get a second season, and if so, that they will weed out the weaker cast and get more confident with the writing and trusting the audience's intellect, instead of feeling the need to clumsily underline every plot development in dialogue - at least once. Jonathan Rhys Myers, isn't the strongest actor and he could use an extra foot in height but he carries this well enough, aided by his obvious commitment to the role and striking looks. Finally, Daniel Knauf is a genius. If NBC can allow him to craft something half as rich as his HBO series Carnivalé, they'll be onto a winner. Expand
  22. Jan 18, 2014
    I love the new concept and take on the whole Dracula methos. I've been a big fan of the show and I want them to continue it. That being said, they really need to move it to a better time slot if they are looking for a lot more viewership. It is an intelligently done series that seems to be getting better, with great acting and twists. I write reviews for a blog and I would really give thisI love the new concept and take on the whole Dracula methos. I've been a big fan of the show and I want them to continue it. That being said, they really need to move it to a better time slot if they are looking for a lot more viewership. It is an intelligently done series that seems to be getting better, with great acting and twists. I write reviews for a blog and I would really give this show a 4 out of 5. Please forward our thoughts to NBC and help to sway them to give a great show on the air. Expand
  23. Jan 18, 2014
    Yes, it is so good! Please do some more Dracula! Me & my husband watch it on DVR every friday night, It gives me chills! Alexander Grayson is awesome!
  24. Jan 14, 2014
    I keep expecting Dracula to collapse beneath the weight of too many diverse elements that are uneasy in a Victorian setting, but somehow it holds itself together and holds my attention. The talented cast carries its burden well, particularly Meyers. The title character is a pleasing shade of gray and grows more faceted as the series progresses.
  25. Jan 13, 2014
    This show is so great. I absolutely love. Love it. (I only wish it wasn't on Friday night. bad time slot) Love it so such, it makes me happy!!!! I love the characters, plot, the time period, Jonathan Rhys Meyers = perfect Dracula.
  26. Jan 10, 2014
    "Dracula" is getting better with each week. It seems like the creators/producers had this vision (obviously) of how they wanted this "Dracula" to be and couldn't fully articulate it initially. It has taken time for the story and the characters to fill the space. Jonathan Rhys Meyers is doing an amazing job in creating this particular re-imagining of Dracula. His relationship with Renfield"Dracula" is getting better with each week. It seems like the creators/producers had this vision (obviously) of how they wanted this "Dracula" to be and couldn't fully articulate it initially. It has taken time for the story and the characters to fill the space. Jonathan Rhys Meyers is doing an amazing job in creating this particular re-imagining of Dracula. His relationship with Renfield is fascinating. The production values are excellent. I look forward to new episodes all week. I give it an 8 because I want to see what else they do with the story. Expand
  27. Jan 10, 2014
    I absolutely love this show. I am a fan of Bram Stroker's Dracula so I am in love with this show. The Victorian setting is perfect and although many say this is a slow start I am finding I cannot wait for the next show. I am saddened to think it may not go father than 10 shows. I hope it is not cancelled. I believe the actor Jonathan Rhys Meyers does an amazing job. I hope he gets hisI absolutely love this show. I am a fan of Bram Stroker's Dracula so I am in love with this show. The Victorian setting is perfect and although many say this is a slow start I am finding I cannot wait for the next show. I am saddened to think it may not go father than 10 shows. I hope it is not cancelled. I believe the actor Jonathan Rhys Meyers does an amazing job. I hope he gets his personal life in order and becomes sober. FYI.....I am a person who never leaves a review for a movie or TV show this is my first review ever!!!!! That's how much I love this show. Expand
  28. Jan 7, 2014
    A show about Dracula that really has nothing to do with Dracula. Hmmm. Producer "More red velvet! I want costumes, costumes, costumes. And can we get some more wrought iron candelabras." And I'm just thinking.... "This set would be great with all the lead characters played by drag queens. Once you've laughed at the sets and costumes, then you fall asleep. SOOOOO BOOOORRRRINNNNGGGG! IA show about Dracula that really has nothing to do with Dracula. Hmmm. Producer "More red velvet! I want costumes, costumes, costumes. And can we get some more wrought iron candelabras." And I'm just thinking.... "This set would be great with all the lead characters played by drag queens. Once you've laughed at the sets and costumes, then you fall asleep. SOOOOO BOOOORRRRINNNNGGGG! I barely made it through the second episode and couldn't attempt a third. I give it 1 star for the hope of shirtless Jonathan Rhys Meyers. I can't imagine any reworking of this show that would make it watchable. After the quality of shows like Vampire Diaries, The Originals and True Blood... How DARE you call your show DRACULA and then suck this bad? Expand
  29. AGA
    Dec 19, 2013
    Why oh why is the American audience so clueless? Dracula is exceedingly well written and executed. I went through all of the episodes in one sitting and can't wait till Jan 3rd. People are disappointed that it's not some rehashed version of something we've seen before? Yeah, that makes no sense at all! People, do yourselves a favor and enjoy this amazing new vision of something that hasWhy oh why is the American audience so clueless? Dracula is exceedingly well written and executed. I went through all of the episodes in one sitting and can't wait till Jan 3rd. People are disappointed that it's not some rehashed version of something we've seen before? Yeah, that makes no sense at all! People, do yourselves a favor and enjoy this amazing new vision of something that has been done many, many times over. God! The bad reviews remind me of the people who walked out of Inception and said that they didn't get it! The masses have absolutely zero imagination. If this show gets cancelled I'll be severely disappointed. Expand
  30. Dec 16, 2013
    With Dracula, I really, really tried to like this show. I expected so much out of this show and I was severely disappointed. A show about Dracula, the vampire to beat all vampires should not put me to sleep. The show did, I found myself catching up on Hulu the next day and still I was suffering through it. I hope that they soon make changes to this show, as I would really hate that theWith Dracula, I really, really tried to like this show. I expected so much out of this show and I was severely disappointed. A show about Dracula, the vampire to beat all vampires should not put me to sleep. The show did, I found myself catching up on Hulu the next day and still I was suffering through it. I hope that they soon make changes to this show, as I would really hate that the network fails to renew the show because it couldn’t hold on to viewers due to the dreadful scripts. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Billy Nilles
    Oct 28, 2013
    Dracula is meant to be powerful and alluring, but this version of him feels stilted and withdrawn.
  2. Reviewed by: Gail Pennington
    Oct 25, 2013
    Unfortunately, this Dracula isn’t fun at all. It’s not really scary, either, although it does spill a lot of blood.
  3. Reviewed by: Joanne Ostrow
    Oct 25, 2013
    Not funny enough to be campy, not smart enough to be serious, NBC's Dracula is an incomprehensible mishmash in period costumes.