Drop Dead Diva : Season 1

Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
8.7

1. SaraK
    Aug 20, 2009
    One of the best comedy performances to come along in awhile. Brooke Elliott keeps me coming back for more. It's been a long time since I've been so enthused about a new show. Hope it lasts a long, long time.
  2. Mar 27, 2011
    The show is simply inspiring & fun to watch. Great messages. Wonderful Cast; and leaves none behind. Includes everyone without favors in the scale of humanity. Everyone can find him/herself reflected in a simple yet constructive manner as we follow the character's journey through the story. Great Show.
  3. ElizabethH.
    Jul 23, 2009
    The cast is attractive, and that is about the only redeeming quality of this show that is filled with cliches about gender relationships and a woman's body image.
  4. LeahN
    Aug 18, 2009
    i just thought the show was boring and didnt have much class.
  5. TedH
    Jul 28, 2009
    Silly premise. I fail to see how this can be the basis for a lasting series. Really goes nowhere. Look elsewhere for your summer entertainment.
  6. JudyH
    Sep 6, 2009
    Love the show! Wonderful cast. The continuing character development and the quirky, seemingly unwinnable-yet-won court cases show some great script writing. It's one of two shows I make a point to watch each week. I hope it's on a long time!
  7. Michelle
    Jul 20, 2009
    Loved it! Very entertaining, can't wait until next week.
  8. ChristinaW
    Aug 18, 2009
    Brooke Elliott is so talented! I NEVER follow shows (DVD releases always seem more gratifying) but with this one I look forward to Sunday nights all week.
  9. JoanneM
    Oct 19, 2009
    Brooke Elliott is so beautiful so much prettier than a lot of actresses love also fred. need him on the show and April she is awesome .i have a life i need to forget my problems and this show does it for me.
  10. koynessk
    Oct 6, 2009
    I love this show!! Critics may say whatever they want they gotta watch all episodes to truly understand why we love it sooo much. So many different characters and storylines comdramedy right??
  11. RitaM
    Jul 13, 2009
    Brooke Elliott is a joy to watch. With an eclectic cast of characters who are wonderful in their own right, the show provides ligiht-hearted and touching entertainment that left me wanting more. The subtle complexities of having to portray two separate characters showcases Ms. Elliott's obvious talents as an actress. I hope to be seeing more of her in the future. Kudos, Lifetime, for Brooke Elliott is a joy to watch. With an eclectic cast of characters who are wonderful in their own right, the show provides ligiht-hearted and touching entertainment that left me wanting more. The subtle complexities of having to portray two separate characters showcases Ms. Elliott's obvious talents as an actress. I hope to be seeing more of her in the future. Kudos, Lifetime, for bringing us a fun show on my favorite channel. Expand
  12. KevinM
    Jul 13, 2009
    I love this show. Its fortunate that FOX passed on the pilot because that network would have been a horrible fit for this little show with big heart. Lifetime made a good move picking this series up and you'll make a good move to by checking it out on Sunday nights.
  13. RonC
    Jul 16, 2009
    Very interesting and very good acting.
  14. GlendaC.
    Jul 17, 2009
    Wonderful, refreshing.
  15. KatieT
    Jul 19, 2009
    Finally an interesting story with awesome acting! This is definitely a big 10!
  16. ClaudiaS.
    Jul 19, 2009
    Taking a little to get used to the premise. Biggest problem is the volume of the commercial breaks. They are unreal. I thought about turning it over to another channel to keep from being blasted out of my chair, but held on because of the hype around the program. Will keep trying for a while.
  17. ZacharyH.
    Jul 22, 2009
    emotionally touching and satisfying.
  18. JeanB
    Jul 24, 2009
    Brooke Elliott has me watching a TV show other than the news! I enjoy comedy, but this show gives more.
  19. susanD
    Jul 27, 2009
    My sister niece and I all love the show. We DVR it so we don't have to put up the loud commercials.
  20. MarionM
    Jul 30, 2009
    I loved the show. It is refreshing to see large people as more than just slobs, book worms, or the fodder of reality tv.
  21. ErinM
    Jul 30, 2009
    This show is outstanding! Brooke Elliott is amazing! It has been years since I waited impatiently each week for the next episode of a show. This one has all the potential for a long run on Lifetime.
  22. LeannW
    Aug 10, 2009
    I love love love this show. Brooke Elliot is the best! Very entertaining to see people's perceptions of stereo-types shared in such a light-hearted message. I look forward to every Sunday.
  23. JaneJ
    Aug 16, 2009
    My husband is even watching this show! I was worried about having to make a choice when Desperate Housewives starts up in the fall....what to tape, what to watch live. No problem now...we'll both be watching Diva live! Yes, it's a silly premise,but the writing and acting is great.
  24. LizzieL.
    Aug 21, 2009
    It is an absolute great show...so glad there's something like this to look forward to each week. Yes, it's "fantasy" but done in such an engaging and believable way. Thanks so much Lifetime!
  25. SuzanneM.
    Aug 20, 2009
    Its fun and funny - what's not to like!
  26. YanethA
    Aug 20, 2009
    Great show. It's entertaining and touching. I can't wait to see the next episode.
  27. NancyC.
    Aug 24, 2009
    If I could give this show higher than 10 I would. It is not only heartwarming but also brings out some incredible law cases. I would love this show to continue. It is so so much better than I could even imagine it to be
  28. EricR
    Aug 25, 2009
    The show is brilliant. Brooke Elliot is superb in the lead role. I'm not even sure how I stumbled across this show since I don't watch Lifetime but when i saw that Margaret Cho was in the cast, I decided to give it a shot. I thoroughly enjoyed it.
  29. SJ
    Sep 13, 2009
    Fantasy story lines softens cutting edge of some real heart-felt situations. At the present time slot, this show has no competition. The only thing that annoys me is that Jane is portrayed as a size 16. That is an insult, she is obviously larger and what is the problem with acknowledging that?
  30. JillC
    Sep 26, 2009
    It's my favorite show. I watch it every week!!
  31. MelindaS
    Sep 8, 2009
    Great show - sharp writing, cute storylines. What happened to her guardian angel? He was written out too quickly. The acting is wonderful and enjoyable to watch.
  32. ElJ
    Jul 13, 2009
    Loved the show and I feel that if it continues to be as good if not better, this will be a great show to watch.
  33. RachelJ
    Jul 13, 2009
    This show was so entertaining. I love the combination of smart plain Jane and the shallow model.
  34. jennar
    Jul 17, 2009
    Can't wait til Sunday night for the next episode!
  35. MarilynP.
    Jul 21, 2009
    I love this show. It's so refreshing to watch something smart and funny.
  36. PhilipG.
    Jul 22, 2009
    Incredibly refreshing, entertaining and down right funny as hell. Brook Elliott, can't get enough of her and who knew that Margaret Cho could act! Loving it to the point of already watching Pilot several times.
  37. KendaA
    Jul 25, 2009
    Really brings home a comedy for us big girls. Makes me laugh and I have watched the 2 episodes multiply times. I dont rewatch stuff.
  38. SylviaR
    Jul 27, 2009
    I don't know about anyone else, but DIVA has the best writing staff I've encountered in years., If people aren't raving about this show, they're too slow-witted to appreciate how slick and clever the underlying exchanges are.
  39. AnnamrieC
    Aug 16, 2009
    I think the show is extremely entertaining and very well written. I can't wait to watch it every week. It really brings out the stereotypes of what "larger" women are and are not supposed to do in public and what they can and can not get away with (like moving to the front of lines, getting a drink at a bar) - maybe some lessons can be learned here.
  40. SharonH
    Aug 25, 2009
    Great show and we need more shows like this one with average weight woman I am tired of all the shows with thin ladies.
  41. RachelH
    Sep 16, 2009
    Love the show but it's not the same without the guardian angel! Time to bring him back!
  42. catherinec
    Sep 22, 2009
    I'm hooked on this show. I am enjoying the good story lines. Missed Fred alot when he wasn't in the episodes. So glad Fred is back. Great acting from April Bowly, Margaret Cho, Brooke Elliott & Ben Feldman. Hope this show stays on the air! Good script writing. I still hope that Grason will fall for Brooke's character.
  43. CherieL
    Sep 28, 2009
    Finally - good, clean, intelligent, fun. Very talented cast. Characters are believable. I really enjoy Brooke
  44. Apr 9, 2013
    Best tv show I've ever seen. Drama and comedy shown really good. Cast selected ideally, all of actors made great job. When you watch this show, you are worring about their's. Jane is fat, but she is really beauty. I would give her a gold globus or oscar. All i this show is ideal, you wanna watch this everyday, everytime. And this is bad that show was closed by lifetime. This tv show isBest tv show I've ever seen. Drama and comedy shown really good. Cast selected ideally, all of actors made great job. When you watch this show, you are worring about their's. Jane is fat, but she is really beauty. I would give her a gold globus or oscar. All i this show is ideal, you wanna watch this everyday, everytime. And this is bad that show was closed by lifetime. This tv show is ''must watch'' tv show. Expand

1. As Deb-inside-Jane, Elliott does a great job portraying pathos, absurd disappointment, and wide-eyed discovery. She’s far more interesting to watch than the other characters.
  2. Reviewed by: Randee Dawn
    Despite all this talent and potential, stereotypes about body image--fat and skinny--are layered on so thick that it's hard to see this show as changing anyone's minds.
  3. Berman produces a deft juggling trick of heart and humor, balancing Deb's shallowness with some solid common sense and Jane's inadequate self-esteem with kindness and legal brilliance.