• Network: CBS
  • Series Premiere Date: Oct 9, 2008
6.7

1. AlanH
    Mar 11, 2009
    This show is excellent, contrary to implications suggested by labels such as "procedural" and "sanctimonious" by the weak tabloid reviewers. It gives us a rather unique portrayal of problems that actually exist yet are frequently ignored in today's glitz-and-glamor society. Well done all, and please ignore the weak minds that compare this to other shows - it simply is unique and enjoyable.
  2. RustyC
    Jan 9, 2009
    Hood is interestingly odd, but the stories are pretty lame. Last night he stated that freon damaged the ozone which has been proven wrong. A bad guy opens doors and safes without gloves, and when he asks for a chemical for an experiment it's amazingly within arms reach of the student and ready to pour. I don't feel comfortable investing any more time in this show.
  3. VictoriaB.
    Nov 23, 2008
    Love the show. Dr Hood (Rufus Sewell) is a very interesting character. I hope new episodes are ordered for the show.
  4. EliasC.
    Nov 16, 2008
    This show needs to find it's substance and has possibilities. Adapted from the mediocre British limited series, this American adaptation has potential but must find a way to write more interesting characters than are so far portrayed. Worth keeping around and better than the abysmal Fringe. I'll look at it again mid-season.
  5. DmitryS.
    Nov 9, 2008
    Pretty cool show! How did they get all their equipment, like from E.T.?
  6. ED.
    Oct 22, 2008
    The writing for the pilot and first episode was awful. The stories made no sense. It was a confused mess. Sorry - but this is a six week run and gone.
  7. GregS.
    Oct 22, 2008
    Really like this show. Second episode even better than first. Not crazy sci-fi conspiracy stuff but cool, intelligent science thriller stuff, with a strong cast. I will definitely keep watching!
  8. AshleyB.
    Oct 13, 2008
    The storylines definitely need some work to do Dr. Hood justice, but the idea behind this show is much easier to watch than the pseudoscience of Fringe.
  9. LeeB.
    Oct 12, 2008
    A very well written/acted show. I did not think that it would be believable but the show was able to pull it off. Enjoyable from beginning to end!
  10. Corbin
    Oct 10, 2008
    I liked it. It was what I hoped Fringe would be more like. Better written, and much better directing than Fringe. It isn't perfect, but I'm looking forward to seeing how this one will develop.
  11. Christina
    Oct 10, 2008
    The "science" behind it is a bit absurd, but it's worth an hour of your time...and scientific accuracy isn't really the point with something like this... But, if you are interested in the real science behind the show, check out www.eleventhhourfacts.com These guys have some interesting info on whether human cloning (the topic of the first episode) is really possible.
  12. HolaH.
    Oct 10, 2008
    Really liked this show. Will keep watching. Rufus Sewell is excellent.

1. Hood comes across as brilliant but aloof. Young, meanwhile, seems to be angry, but the source of her anger isn't really explored (we can only assume that babysitting a scientist, no matter how brilliant, is not the job people sign up for when they go to work for the FBI).
  2. Reviewed by: James Poniewozik
    Simultaneously gross and sanctimonious, this histrionic science procedural is mainly a warning against the cloning of TV concepts.
    A bit generic, despite the creepy particulars of this series’ science-based mysteries--think a more mainstream "Fringe."