• Network: HBO
  • Series Premiere Date: Oct 10, 2011
  • Season #: 1 , 2
7.5

1. Feb 11, 2013
    OMG, this show sucks! Who wants to watch this bag full of crazy we call woman? The script is utter hippie-dippie tripe. Enlightened? No. I could feel the IQ points being sucked out of me as the hour ticked away. Men, don't let your ladies talk you into this one. They slobber over the show because of a woman they can relate to and they'll want you to relate too. Yeah, right. Dern is good as the neurotic schizoid torn between her true self (read lunatic woman) and the enlightened zen-master hippie she professes to be. But the years haven't been kind to Ms. Dern. Don't be a sack-less eunuch. Turn the channel to Game of Thrones or Walking Dead instead.
    PS Proof, once again, that the critics will praise any garbage about an empowered woman.
  2. Jun 8, 2013
    I will never understand how this got this high in critic scores. I just saw it really likable at first, then it just became annoying. HBO, you did a great job at first, then it just disappeared. I just don't know what to say right now.

1. Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Jan 17, 2013
    The show is an absolute original. [28 Jan 2013, p.44]
  2. Reviewed by: Maureen Ryan
    Jan 17, 2013
    The show's must-see second season is one of the best stories I've experienced in a long time.
  3. Reviewed by: Hank Stuever
    Jan 11, 2013
    Enlightened comes through with a triumphant eight-episode arc that broadens its characters, quickens the pace and finishes strong.