Family Guy : Season 1

• Series Premiere Date: Jan 31, 1999
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
7.5

1. May 4, 2016
    Okay this show suck BIG TIME! Alright, the first, what, like, 3 to 4 seasons were funny, but after that, this show turned into a complete pile of dog **** The characters are stupid and unfunny, the animation style and movement is lazy as hell, and the part that I hate the most about this show, THE FREAKING CUTAWAY GAGS!!! Also, this show doesn't even come up with it's own original content.Okay this show suck BIG TIME! Alright, the first, what, like, 3 to 4 seasons were funny, but after that, this show turned into a complete pile of dog **** The characters are stupid and unfunny, the animation style and movement is lazy as hell, and the part that I hate the most about this show, THE FREAKING CUTAWAY GAGS!!! Also, this show doesn't even come up with it's own original content. Seth Mcfarlane has a tendency to STEAL jokes from other, more talented cartoonists.
    Jokes : 0/10
    Characters : 0/10
    Animation and Art Style : 0/10
    Everything Else : 0/10

I just cannot wait until the day this god awful show comes to an end and we can all celebrate...
  2. Sep 9, 2015
    My god, this show's hilarious. I literally find myself in tears of laughter by the end of an episode, usually caused by Stewie the evil baby. Seth MacFarlane's voices are comedic gold and his characters are delightfully quirky. WARNING: not for the easily offended
  3. Sep 9, 2015
    Family Guy may seem like a flat out rip-off of "The Simpsons", but it is in fact almost as good. It has great humour and good characters, the best being Stewy, the evil one-year-old. Just a point below the greatness of "The Simpsons"!
  4. Jun 29, 2015
    das ist gut there is only 7 episodes of fun there is a lot of huimor and good stuff it is so good but there is only 7 episodes
    so
    theres
    that trust me
  5. Jun 14, 2015
    Its lost its magic, and is not the family guy from years ago. Its hard to recommend anyone see season 11+ of Family Guy, its just not funny like it used to be, characters are used in dragged out plots that are unoriginal now and guest stars are used as plot fillers in some episodes. Some episodes have humor that is just not even humor, just dark and sad and the plots are really bad now.Its lost its magic, and is not the family guy from years ago. Its hard to recommend anyone see season 11+ of Family Guy, its just not funny like it used to be, characters are used in dragged out plots that are unoriginal now and guest stars are used as plot fillers in some episodes. Some episodes have humor that is just not even humor, just dark and sad and the plots are really bad now. Peter used to be dumb funny and now he is just dumb.... Expand
  6. May 10, 2015
    This show is very funny. Just by random chance. It's like the writers threw a bunch of funny scenarios in a bag and jumbled them around, picking out the most outrageous episodes they could think.
  7. Apr 28, 2015
    Terrible. Horrifically unfunny, terrible running gags, visual jokes that last for an eternity, very serious stuff happens in each episode. The earlier ones were better, but It's too late.
  8. Feb 14, 2015
    I love Family Guy! It is one of my favorite shows! The only thing that is not so good about it is how inappropriate it can be! I am only allowed to watch seasons 1 and 2, the PG rated episodes and the Family Guy Star Wars. It is a very good show! I love it! If Seth is listening, please make some more episodes that are funny, but PG!
  9. Nov 8, 2014
    Family Guy Season 1 it's a great beginning of the best TV Show ever.With the TV series "The Simpsons,Family Guy is the best series of all time.Great stories,great characters and great design.An epic animation adventure.
  10. Sep 26, 2014
    " Seth Macfarlane is a comic genius ".....................................................................................................................................................................
  11. Sep 23, 2014
    For the tweens and those of like mentality.

#sooncanceled

Unfortunately this horrifically poor show has ended with cancelation albeit not swiftly enough according to justice. This was a huge time waste with no redeeming value.
  12. Sep 17, 2014
    Not funny, not original, characters are lame, no story.....I'd rather stare at the ceiling.....or watch Frozen (BTW I HATE that movie).... pretty much anything is better.
  13. Sep 1, 2014
    Family Guy is probably the best cartoon show i have ever watched.Characters are stupid and the humour is childish but the show is like that and that's why I like it.
  14. Jul 27, 2014
    Family guy rocks. I haven't seen too much of the show, but I see a few episodes airing on tv every now and then, and I also recently started watching the season 7 dvd boxset. Truly great show, much better than the Simpsons or Futurama.
  15. Jul 15, 2014
    It's kinda funny, I've seen the whole show and all I have to say is, eh. It relies to much on sex and rudeness, all it is is cutaway after stupid, pointless, crappy cutaway that make no sense and are antagonistically unfunny. But it used to have some funny jokes...
  16. Jul 15, 2014
    La mejor serie animada después de Los Simspon. Sin duda, la primera temporada es la mas floja y simple de la serie, los que quieran ver el auténtico espíritu de la serie que la empiecen a ver en la temporada 4 o 5. A partir de ahí es brutal.
  17. Jul 2, 2014
    Hilarious in every episode, no character is bland, excellent animation, and a personality that will last forever, Family Guy is a twisted adult cartoon that never leaves you laughing till you piss. The perfect TV show, PERIOD!
  18. Jul 2, 2014
    If you value your morals than stay away from this show. Seth MacFarlane is not afraid to give the world a show that isn't just stupid, but just down-right degrading. It's basically The Simpsons but without the same level of charisma or comedic gold of its hey-day.

The show is (as I pointed out) a remake of The Simpsons and like most remakes it pares in comparison to the original. At this time and age The Simpsons is starting to decline in quality, leaving more room for this thing to gain popularity.

While there are some mildly funny jokes here and there and some major laughs, it is all-around boring. Every episode centers around either Peter, Stewie, or Brian, and presents a situation that must be dealt with, through some rather different means, that's it, that is the description.

The jokes are boring and lazily written and are always presented through cut-away gags, which drives this show. Don't get me wrong, they're starting to use less this season, but when the show first started to air we had gag after gag after gag after gag after gag, and it just keeps going.

DO NOT let your kids watch this show. Teens these days will tell you that this show is funny, but what do they know? Would you watch a show that makes fun of your sexuality, religion, or other personal aspect without having a good reason to? I didn't think so.

All in all, you are better off watching The Simpsons (Seasons 3-10) or South Park. At least those shows present a current issue and solve it through evidence, lampooning, and offensive opinion. Hey, don't call me a hypocrite, those shows are far superior.
  19. May 27, 2014
    Ridiculous, Raunchy fun. The pinnacle of stupid humor is well, stupid. Stupid funny. Not for everyone of course, but for those who need a good laugh every now and then--look no further than Seth Macfarlane's ridiculous sitcom "Family Guy".
  20. May 21, 2014
    Ok, this tv show was very funny when it first came out, but now, it's not as good. There are some really good episodes like 'Road to the Multiverse', 'Road to the North Pole' and 'Stewie Goes for A Drive', but episodes like 'Patriot Games' and 'Road to Germany' just go over the top with violence, bad language and racism. If you are heavily worshipping any of the main religions, you willOk, this tv show was very funny when it first came out, but now, it's not as good. There are some really good episodes like 'Road to the Multiverse', 'Road to the North Pole' and 'Stewie Goes for A Drive', but episodes like 'Patriot Games' and 'Road to Germany' just go over the top with violence, bad language and racism. If you are heavily worshipping any of the main religions, you will find this show very offensive. Peter is a character who is married to Lois and they have their kids Meg, who keeps constantly getting hated by her family, and Chris. They also have a baby called Stewie, who, 15 years ago, wanted to dominate the world. Now, Stewie just shows off and makes rude jokes, and also goes on adventures with Brian, the family's English-talking dog. Stewie is still incredibly funny, though. Brian, my favourite character, is an English-talking dog who likes to drink alcohol, smoke, and take drugs. Brian was recently killed and then brought back to life. When he died,I felt so sad, but was liking the show again once they brought him back. So, Family Guy is a funny show, that is 7/10 quality now, but was 10/10 quality from 1999- 2001. Expand
  21. May 21, 2014
    This show is a lot like Spongebob. It was good, but now it has gone way down hill. Almost all the characters are either not likable, suffer from the Seth Macfarlane effect (A character becoming unbelievably stupid), or just not interesting. Making Meg the punching bag is like what they do with squidward on Spongebob, its just not funny. Also the show is just not funny anymore, and IThis show is a lot like Spongebob. It was good, but now it has gone way down hill. Almost all the characters are either not likable, suffer from the Seth Macfarlane effect (A character becoming unbelievably stupid), or just not interesting. Making Meg the punching bag is like what they do with squidward on Spongebob, its just not funny. Also the show is just not funny anymore, and I honestly think the show should just die. This show was funny, but it has over stayed its welcome. Expand
  22. Apr 24, 2014
    Getting old. Brian dates humans and hates everything he isn't into.. Stewie wants to take over the world.. Peter and Lois are horrible parents more into their own lives then the doings of their children... Yea needs new material or better writers.. now when they killed off Brian and brought in the new dog; that livened things up... then you went right back to the same old show you haveGetting old. Brian dates humans and hates everything he isn't into.. Stewie wants to take over the world.. Peter and Lois are horrible parents more into their own lives then the doings of their children... Yea needs new material or better writers.. now when they killed off Brian and brought in the new dog; that livened things up... then you went right back to the same old show you have been doing since episode 1 Expand
  23. Mar 15, 2014
    Wow, family guy is worse than that one other show that has nothing to do with this statement and is just in here for comedic value, even though the joke is **** and only 10 year olds would find funny! Oh wait thats Family Guy too. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I HURT MYSELF AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. MoreWow, family guy is worse than that one other show that has nothing to do with this statement and is just in here for comedic value, even though the joke is **** and only 10 year olds would find funny! Oh wait thats Family Guy too. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I HURT MYSELF AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. More like ahhh when the **** is this **** joke going to end? Expand
  24. Feb 1, 2014
    Well i really like this show, and many of you probably can tell by my user name, it obvious, but they need to make better effort in the movies that they make from the show, kind of like "the simpsons" did. I don`t really see big different`s between the show and "Family Guy Presents Stewie Griffin: The Untold Story" its kind of like stewie and brian episode
  25. Jan 23, 2014
    I just absolutely love Family Guy. All of the characters has there own unique personality. My favorite character is Stewie. None of the episodes really have a plot. They're just really random and all of the jokes never get old. If you're a fan of comedy, then defiantly check out Family Guy. You won't be disappointed.
  26. Jan 9, 2014
    HILARIOUS! Every single episode is just so entertaining and funny. The characters are all unique and the parodies are to die for. This is one of the best animated comedy shows EVER MADE I loves this so much and I hope you will too!
  27. Dec 12, 2013
    The first season has really funny moments, but the season is way too short. Peter and the rest of the gang are great and the voice acting is superb. Overall Score= 75/100
  28. Nov 26, 2013
    This is probably the funniest show I've ever seen. I would have given the show a 10, but due to Brian getting killed off, I gave this show a 9. That is my only negative comment here.
  29. Sep 30, 2013
    Only the first 5 minutes of the story is funny, after that the show goes into the plot and it is badly written and smothered over with jokes that are rarely funny.
  30. Sep 16, 2013
    Seriously how did this become a show? Now I know family guy is not the worst like I watched a couple episodes there funny but come on it kinda gets over the line with racist/sexist jokes and other things. family guy a good show but its freaking weird.
  31. Sep 7, 2013
    A great show which features likeable characters, jokes for mature and immature people and, more recently, great quality artwork. WIth new jokes appearing all the time as well as recurring gags that never get old. It's the only show that can make pedophile likeable, and a bisexual 1 year old murderer funny. They're not afraid to push the limits, and take risks that really pay off. The cutA great show which features likeable characters, jokes for mature and immature people and, more recently, great quality artwork. WIth new jokes appearing all the time as well as recurring gags that never get old. It's the only show that can make pedophile likeable, and a bisexual 1 year old murderer funny. They're not afraid to push the limits, and take risks that really pay off. The cut away gags are what make family guy, the bit that always makes you laugh and comes in so many forms. If your easily offended, avoid this show, if not, you'll be in tears!

Plots-8
    Animation quality-9
    Jokes-8
    Rudeness-8
    Charectors-9
  32. Aug 3, 2013
    funny as crap way better than American dad and isprobably the second funniest show on tv next to the simpsons all and all this tv show pwns and is something everyone over the age of 9 will enjoy
  33. Jul 30, 2013
    A mediocre spin on The Simpsons! What makes The Simpsons one of the greatest shows ever made is that it's the most irreverent and unapologetic show on the air. It has wit, biting satire and intelligence that makes the show innocently funny. Despite some of Homer's many zany antics, the show is an honest and realistic portrayal of an average American family.

That being said, Family

That being said, Family steals this formula but instead of having character-driven plot it's full of pop culture in-jokes which are mostly unfunny. Everything about the show is too similar to The Simpsons, from the concept to characters especially Peter Griffin who resembles heavily to Homer. Lois is obviously Marge, Brain is Santa's Little Helper except he's anthropomorphic, Stewie is Maggie except he can talk, Meg is Lisa and Chris is Bart although they don't exactly have the same attributes to each other.

Family Guy does have it's moments that makes the show a 5 however. Episode 5 introduces Joe Swanson, a paraplegic who's portrayed as a hero. Although paraplegics can't do what he does like play baseball or become a police officer, obviously the show is unrealistic, he's a good role model for them as he's positive in life despite his disability, a character we could all look up to.

It's a memorable introduction and his Christmas backstory as to how he got crippled, his fight with The Grinch on the rooftop, was hilariously entertaining. But the fact that Joe is paraplegic has been made into a plot twist, which is very odd and counter-intuitive. Peter Griffin didn't know that Joe is a paraplegic until after he invites him to a baseball game which, with common sense, he should have. But anyway, that and the second episode was the most memorable of the season, the rest of the characters are mostly racial stereotypes.

In conclusion, despite a few jokes Family Guy copied almost everything from The Simpsons. Don't believe anyone who says otherwise and if you're a huge fan of The Simpsons don't watch this rip-off, it's not an alternative. An alternative is a similar show but it has distinctive qualities that makes it it's own show, Family Guy does not have that. Is it funnier because the humor is more adult themed? Not necessarily!
  34. Apr 25, 2013
    If the the rest of MacFarlane's TV show was as funny and ingenious as the first 3 seasons, I would have rated this programme a 10, but I feel that the current seasons have been a serious disappointment, lacking the humorous stupidity or the subtle wry wit that drew me to the show. I have found that the current episodes have been relying to much on random jokes and shock value to engageIf the the rest of MacFarlane's TV show was as funny and ingenious as the first 3 seasons, I would have rated this programme a 10, but I feel that the current seasons have been a serious disappointment, lacking the humorous stupidity or the subtle wry wit that drew me to the show. I have found that the current episodes have been relying to much on random jokes and shock value to engage their audience. Hopefully the creators can bring back that initial spark that captured me in the first place and if not atleast I'll still be able to enjoy those first 3 brilliant seasons. Expand
  35. Mar 24, 2013
    Although sometimes pushing the envelope a bit too far, Family Guy is a great example of an animated sitcom depicting a dysfunctional family, similar to The Simpsons.
  36. Mar 23, 2013
    Probably The Most Funny Show On T.V. As Of Now!
  37. Mar 23, 2013
    Honestly, this is quite obvious. One of the best shows ever, at least MUCH better than the cheesy and campy Simpsons. I'm pretty sure many people who don't like this probably NEVER watched this and is an idiot. With funny jokes and some of the best humor in the history of Television. But honestly, I like the new episodes MUCH better than the old ones. So if you want to see this, go on, getHonestly, this is quite obvious. One of the best shows ever, at least MUCH better than the cheesy and campy Simpsons. I'm pretty sure many people who don't like this probably NEVER watched this and is an idiot. With funny jokes and some of the best humor in the history of Television. But honestly, I like the new episodes MUCH better than the old ones. So if you want to see this, go on, get a DVD pack of this and pop that special fossil of a DVD in the DVD player. You will laugh! Collapse
  38. Mar 10, 2013
    bad show! not funny overrated stupid boring at times and not very good. offensive humor and sometimes not real comedy. it goes way too far a lot. from racist to stereotypical to offensive. the jokes get old real easily and most of them are cruel. its more jokes making fun of people and saying ha ha to every single well known person out there than it is stupid jokes. i used to love the showbad show! not funny overrated stupid boring at times and not very good. offensive humor and sometimes not real comedy. it goes way too far a lot. from racist to stereotypical to offensive. the jokes get old real easily and most of them are cruel. its more jokes making fun of people and saying ha ha to every single well known person out there than it is stupid jokes. i used to love the show when i was younger, until i understood the jokes better and realized what they were mocking. this show is evil and Seth Macfarlane is a giant liberal maniac! Expand
  39. Feb 16, 2013
    This use to be one of my favorite shows. I loved watching this show with friends, and family, it was really great. until around the 6th season. No, actially, right on the 6th season. the animation changed, and looked really akward and kind of took away from the feel of the show, and the shows writing took a serious divebomb. after the 6th season, the episodes basically run like this...This use to be one of my favorite shows. I loved watching this show with friends, and family, it was really great. until around the 6th season. No, actially, right on the 6th season. the animation changed, and looked really akward and kind of took away from the feel of the show, and the shows writing took a serious divebomb. after the 6th season, the episodes basically run like this...
    -Opening
    -Random pointless peter joke
    -plot device 1
    -Meg joke
    -look back skit
    -stewie homo joke
    -plot device 2
    -Liberal rant from brian
    -random character joke (like the repeated cleaning lady jokes, that were funny 3 season ago)
    -Meg joke
    -Random peter joke
    -closing

The show has become so stale and repetitive i personally find it almost unwatchable. i loved the way the animation looked up to season 6, and again, they went with more of a computer/digital style animation, which kind of killed the look, the writing became repetitive and stale, and the characters became unnessesarily one sided, like brians political rants, or peter being completely retarted. I enjoyed in the first 5 seasons, where peter was stupid, but he still had some form of love and intelligence, but now, hes litteraly brain dead. like, no commen sense, nothing. It, in my opinion, completely ruined peter as a character. Alot of my opinions on family guy now adaysare more opinionated, i know alot of people who prefer new family guy, and that doesnt mean all of the episodes are bad, theres been a couple of reallly good gems, its just unfortunate that the majority has been crap that just doesnt fit, or is extremely akward to watch. i love family guy, but i think ill stick with the earlier seasons.
  40. Jan 31, 2013
    I just love Family Guy series :) All the random jokes makes it so enjoyable, never can be known what will happen next :D Family Guy just hits the right spots with it's jokes.
  41. Dec 2, 2012
    Heavy on pop culture references and cheap cutaway gags that give nothing to the plot. Family Guy is truly the spitting image of lazy writing. While the show may manage to make you chuckle once or twice it never manages to overcome it's paper thin plots and one dimensional characters. Lacking plot and character development and filled with irrelevant gags Family Guy becomes tired quick.Heavy on pop culture references and cheap cutaway gags that give nothing to the plot. Family Guy is truly the spitting image of lazy writing. While the show may manage to make you chuckle once or twice it never manages to overcome it's paper thin plots and one dimensional characters. Lacking plot and character development and filled with irrelevant gags Family Guy becomes tired quick. Family Guy is a show tries it's hardest to push boundaries just for attention, making it nothing more than an obnoxious mess.

While an everyday middle school student may have a good time. Most over the age of 15 will find themselves changing the channel.
  42. Nov 29, 2012
    I can safely say that this show is my most hated of all shows. But it didn't start out that way. Actually, the first season is okay, with some humor coming mostly from Brian and Stewie. I'm surprised to see that the only negative thing that people have to say about it is that it's offensive - I mean, it is, but not because it makes racist jokes or whatever. It is offensive because itI can safely say that this show is my most hated of all shows. But it didn't start out that way. Actually, the first season is okay, with some humor coming mostly from Brian and Stewie. I'm surprised to see that the only negative thing that people have to say about it is that it's offensive - I mean, it is, but not because it makes racist jokes or whatever. It is offensive because it is EXTREMELY stupid, relying on nonsensical random occurrences (but not even doing that well, like Aqua Teens or Sealab 2021) and references that are supposed to make people feel smart because they've seen Star Wars or know who Squeaky Fromme is. Also, this show is extremely lazy - there are 2-5 minute repetetive scenes in every episode, that maybe start out mildly amusing, turn annoying, and then get a little funny (the famous wincing knee grabbing scene comes to mind), but then we are treated to four more minutes of it. I am never a fan of shows where the point of view of the writer is obviously shoved down your throat, and Seth MacFarlane is definitely an **** who uses his ridiculous piece of trash to make his opinions on how lame everything is known. Oh, and the characters are so pathetically one dimensional - Playing off of the Simpsons, for example, Peter Griffin is everything horrible and stupid about Homer with nothing of Homer's sweetness or caring. There is literally nothing to like about Peter, yet he has friends that he mistreats, a hot wife who for some reason is turned on by his bloated frame, and three children whom he is painfully neglectful towards. The Simpsons still is, after 25 years, a more clever and relevant show than Family Guy ever has been. Yet this show is still a ratings giant, and continues to degrade American entertainment and American culture as a whole. Expand
  43. Sep 2, 2012
    Family Guy is the BEST Tv show ever and is so funny the jokes are very clever and some of them have to make you think some people who dont like it dont like it because of the hard to understand jokes
  44. Sep 1, 2012
    This show kept me entertained at night, morning, anytime!
    For those who say its too retarted, well, its THAT that is funny these days
    Is it racist? NO! they are jokes!
    I love this show and I hope it goes on and on
  45. Aug 15, 2012
    very funny immature for some people though though i think it is really funny with dysfunctional familles and very creative stories and crazy stories as well
  46. Aug 3, 2012
    The humour in this show is so rude, the characters are complete idiots. Cant stand it! No entertainment here. This show died ten years ago, and the producers are desperately trying to keep it going with stories which make no sense, unfunny and are absolutely rubbish!
  47. Jul 14, 2012
    This is a show that you must be very insensitive to watch, for it has something offensive for everyone. It has its funny points, but overall it is gross, immature, rude and plain awful. Like something a punk 17 year old would write. I would highly reccomend to stay away from this one.
  48. Jun 4, 2012
    It was funny in it's golden era in 1990's to the early 2000s, and now it seems like there isn't a genuine attempt to make the show fresh. It seems success has finally slithered it's way into Seth Macfarlane's odd dog-shaped cranium. Fortunately the show is still better than say, How I Met Your Mother.
  49. May 29, 2012
    Still Next To The Simpsons The Most Funny Show Of All Time!
    Amazing Show! The Voice's Are Amazing. Family Guy Dares To Amaze!
  50. Feb 18, 2012
    Tired, and over rated. This show was great for two or three years but now it is like watching a fish stuck on land gasp for air. It is truly a piece of pop culture that should die. On the bright side of things usually in every episode there is one great joke, so i give it a two for the one joke that makes me laugh.
  51. Dec 25, 2011
    Barley likable, incapable of getting laughs from people who are mature and know what comedy is, and for Gods sake its like The Simpsons made by a idiot out to make a stupid gag joke out of everything that happens.
  52. Dec 14, 2011
    This show is outstanding. just following the simpsons a little behind, this tv show is the yellow brick road to making you smile. There jokes are funny, creative and will always put a smile on my face. Overall I give Family Guy 10!
  53. Nov 27, 2011
    This is probably one of the greatest T.V shows I have ever seen. It is funny and raises important issues in a comedic way. You definitely don't understand the way they show their messages if all you can say is "stupid jokes". Wonderful, funny, smart show. A change from the rather usual cheap shows out there.
  54. Nov 6, 2011
    Family Guy is one of the funniest shows on television. The Griffins are a funny family and many of the supporting characters help make it funny too. Peter Griffin is the father with a chin that looks like balls. Stewie Griffin is the evil baby who wants to kill Lois Griffin (Stewie's mother) and take over the world. Brian is the talking alcaholic dog who is the real "Family Guy" of theFamily Guy is one of the funniest shows on television. The Griffins are a funny family and many of the supporting characters help make it funny too. Peter Griffin is the father with a chin that looks like balls. Stewie Griffin is the evil baby who wants to kill Lois Griffin (Stewie's mother) and take over the world. Brian is the talking alcaholic dog who is the real "Family Guy" of the family. Nonstop parody of pop culture is extremely common in the series and while it is very funny, it takes a lot of screen time off of the main characters. Expand
  55. Nov 4, 2011
    The Debut season of FAMILY GUY provides some laughs, but not a lot, it could've been better for a debut season though. There were only a few parts that entertained me, there could have been more.
  56. Oct 11, 2011
    Great show! Who cares if most of the people on the show are idiots? It is funny! This show is very hilarious and has many different kinds of humor on it for almost everyone to enjoy. I highly recommend it.
  57. Sep 24, 2011
    FAMILY GUY was one of the first adult syndicated TV programs to rip-off THE SIMPSONS by using the idea of a dysfunctional family, and making a not-so-kiddy cartoon about it. Yep, Peter Griffin is just like Homer Simpson. He has a wife, three kids (one a baby, though this time, a talking baby), a dog (again, a talking one), and no brain. The only difference between the two characters isFAMILY GUY was one of the first adult syndicated TV programs to rip-off THE SIMPSONS by using the idea of a dysfunctional family, and making a not-so-kiddy cartoon about it. Yep, Peter Griffin is just like Homer Simpson. He has a wife, three kids (one a baby, though this time, a talking baby), a dog (again, a talking one), and no brain. The only difference between the two characters is Peter Griffin doesn't have a cat, he lacks a lot of necessary personality, and he isn't usually funny. Neither is anybody else in this show. Expand
  58. Sep 10, 2011
    Genre Content: 8
    Appeal: 8
    Originality: 6
    Interest: 8 Score: 7.9/10 = B+

THE GOOD: Amazing characters, hilarious, cut-away gags
    THE BAD: Weak story lines
  59. Jul 16, 2011
    Funniest show I have ever watched, only downside is that it could be offensive to some people, have all seasons on dvd !
  60. Jul 5, 2011
    This is, in my opinion, hands down the greatest animated comedy ever. Nothing even comes close to touching it. All of the characters are great and the plots are very clever
  61. JSN
    May 11, 2011
    It's good in small doses for the laughs, but isn't a great show to watch consecutively. As others have mentioned, it will start to seem repetitive if you're paying close attention and there isn't any sort of connection between episodes. It's hard to say there's a best season; it's been consistently hit or miss each episode, though I think the recent seasons have been aiming for the lowestIt's good in small doses for the laughs, but isn't a great show to watch consecutively. As others have mentioned, it will start to seem repetitive if you're paying close attention and there isn't any sort of connection between episodes. It's hard to say there's a best season; it's been consistently hit or miss each episode, though I think the recent seasons have been aiming for the lowest common denominator among viewers. It makes for a decent prime-time re-run syndication show that you stumble upon when flicking through channels, but not the type of show you'll want to own on DVD and watch through nor do I think many people go out of their way to catch new episodes. Expand
  62. Apr 28, 2011
    Along with Psych and South Park, this is also one of my 3 favorite shows of all time. Do yourself a favor, and watch this tv show and BE YOUR OWN CRITIC.

Ignore all the other idiots and people that think they are so "mature" because they lack any sense of humor and dislike this show. Watch the tv show with an UNBIASED view, and I guarantee you will not be disappointed.
  63. Apr 28, 2011
    The show is funny like a clever jackass on a quest to insult everything everywhere. Don't get me wrong it's a comedy and does what it's supposed to do, it makes laughs out of life but that's about it and if you're looking for anything more you won't find it here. In difference to South Park and the Simpsons the show makes no attempt at examining deeper issues or providing hilarious socialThe show is funny like a clever jackass on a quest to insult everything everywhere. Don't get me wrong it's a comedy and does what it's supposed to do, it makes laughs out of life but that's about it and if you're looking for anything more you won't find it here. In difference to South Park and the Simpsons the show makes no attempt at examining deeper issues or providing hilarious social commentary it only ridicules. What Family Guy does best as opposed to offer insight is when it frolics in absurdity and stupidity, but there's only so much of that you can take before it gets old, to me it's the Meg of comedies. Expand
  64. Apr 15, 2011
    Now I LOVE Family Guy! I think it's a fantastic show with clever humor, and it seems to rarely ever disappoint it's viewers, plus the characters gave enough reason for viewers to view the show, such as Stewie for instance or Brian, or EVEN Peter....

However Since the show got uncancelled from it's second cancellation back in 2002(it got revived in 2005!), the show hasn't been the

However

Since the show got uncancelled from it's second cancellation back in 2002(it got revived in 2005!), the show hasn't been the same! I admit, Season 4 got alot of what made the original first three seasons tick right, as did Season 5, but I think in Season 7, that's where they drew the line! All the Family Guy staff seem to do these days is see how many F words they can fit into the script and how many offensive jokes and mean-spirited aspects they can fit into the show, which is just completely stupid, because that's not what Family Guy is supposed to be about! See, I enjoyed the first three seasons because whilst they were funny, they actually had a point and the characters were much more likeable back in those days, but ever since the show got uncancelled, they have been building up to completely changing the characters, for example: Peter, once the loveable oaf despite screwing up, tried to be the best dad he could be, and really looked out and cared for his family is now this overly-stupid/retarded dad who only really cares about himself and does nothing but rip on his daughter, Meg and pretty much ignores Chris and just doesn't give a crap about Stewie anymore. Lois, once the mother who did what she felt was right for herself, the kids and Peter, now more or less acts like a slut! Especially where Brian is concerned, she tends to moan alot these days and just laughs at him, and I dunno, but I just feel as if she's changed alot, and quite frankly, I miss the old Lois. Chris, once the happy-go-lucky dimwitted 13 year old who looked up to Peter, is now this constantly pissed off son who's mostly angry due to the fact that Peter never spends any time with him, and plus he seems more of a smart-ass these days and even appears to be a little intelligent. Meg, hasn't changed that much, probably the only likeable character on the show(and coincidentally, EVERYONE rips on her!), along with Joe. Stewie, once a baby who was actually an evil genius bent on world domination, is now more or less just there for gay jokes and acting awkwardly random(I have NO problem with the fact that he's gay! But he acts more feminine and more of a softy than the old Stewie did!). Brian, once the smartest member of the family, now despite still being sort of a likeable character, is just there to be ripped on just because of his beliefs(which are the same as Seth's). Quagmire, once the pervert with a good heart, is now a hypocrite who's bent on ripping on Brian every chance he gets and what's worse is they're trying to make that rivalry as unfixable as possible(and the fact that Cheryl Tiegs was the girl that got away, I mean, what the hell?!). Basically, what was once a great show with smart humor is now just this South Park-wannabe with constant swearing, sex jokes, offensive jokes, jokes that run on too long and mean-spirited characters and that to me, is what put me off! What happened to Family Guy?! You can do better than this and when the show got uncancelled, this is definitely not what the fans want! Make them like they originally were like "Wasted Talent" and make Stewie alot more evil than he is now and bring back the characters the way they once were!
  65. Apr 11, 2011
    Although insanely offensive and immature it does not fail to disappoint.

The voices are done very well and are very creative and writing of the show can sometimes be pathetic but most of the time it delivers well.
  66. Feb 4, 2011
    The show is so funny. One of the best animated comedies.
  67. Feb 1, 2011
    Family Guy is politically incorrect and wrong in so many ways, but clever and funny. The thing about "clever and funny" is that you need to re-invent yourself every so often. Family guy seems to be using the same gags and storylines. One good thing.....it's been a while since Peter had an idiotic and tiring fight with the "Chicken". Something refreshing might be doing a show within aFamily Guy is politically incorrect and wrong in so many ways, but clever and funny. The thing about "clever and funny" is that you need to re-invent yourself every so often. Family guy seems to be using the same gags and storylines. One good thing.....it's been a while since Peter had an idiotic and tiring fight with the "Chicken". Something refreshing might be doing a show within a show parody of itself. Hmmmm. Expand
  68. Jan 17, 2011
    Worst show ever .... you can find much more comedy shows . this show is so immature, i dont think God wanted us to watch shows that are dirty or inapropriate . i give it two thumbs downn !
  69. Dec 12, 2010
    Family guy out stayed it's welcome long ago, with mix and match jokes and dry humor. You're not clever for getting the jokes, as any one who's past age nine can as well. If this review was on the shows performance, it'd get a 10, as the ratings are insane. But for the how itself, it just isn't funny, or even entertaining.
  70. Nov 17, 2010
    Honestly, this has to be one of the easiest reviews ever. The show is hilarious almost every single episode. The newer episodes I like more of course since the drawing and coloring of the characters and scenes has gotten better, but i still watch season 1 up till the present episodes. Love the show.
  71. Nov 3, 2010
    Rating this at the peak of Family Guy which I think personally was Series 4 and 5 (English versions). The first seasons were sort of more dry, with their humour, then I'd say Seasons 4 and 5 introduced a bit more random slapstick for value. Basically anyone is a target, no race, type of person, genre or anything untouched, equal opportunities offense lol.

I can't help but feel though,

I can't help but feel though, its turned into a parody of itself and its insisting on itself. A bit like the Simpsons really in that respect.

Seasons 1-3 I'd give 7 or 8 out of 10
    4 and 5 8 for some episodes 8.5 out of 10
    6 I'd give 7
    then after that its just gotten weaker sadly.
  72. Sep 22, 2010
    Family guy is extremely funny and I especially enjoyed Blue Harvest and Something Something Something Darkside. However, I feel as if Meg and Chris don't do anything except say a few things. Still extremely funny and I hope there is a Family Guy Movie.
  73. Sep 2, 2010
    Its a pretty good Show, It makes me smile. I could watch the re-runs all day long lol. It does lose a couple points because Its not really that funny, its really all inside humor, Id laugh out load at it every once in a while but its very rare but the comedy is still very Rich. The Comedy is very Hit & Miss to the point that when I do laugh it kinda shocks me. This kind of comedy is reallyIts a pretty good Show, It makes me smile. I could watch the re-runs all day long lol. It does lose a couple points because Its not really that funny, its really all inside humor, Id laugh out load at it every once in a while but its very rare but the comedy is still very Rich. The Comedy is very Hit & Miss to the point that when I do laugh it kinda shocks me. This kind of comedy is really fitting with America's overall taste in humor. I do love how Outrageous, Stupid & Slightly unpredictable, & clever it is. The relationships with the Great Characters are really what make the show Spontaneous & worth the watch, not necessarily the jokes itself. This show is full of life, 8 stars. Expand
  74. Sep 1, 2010
    Seth McFarlane's Family Guy has become one of most successful rising comedies in recent years, aided with a contrasting set of characters both funny and boring. Matricidal evil baby Stewie, liberal pet dog Brian and perverted neighbour Glen Quagmire are the stronger characters. However, Meg and Chris Griffin often offer nothing to the plot and Peter Griffin is a like-for-like copy of HomerSeth McFarlane's Family Guy has become one of most successful rising comedies in recent years, aided with a contrasting set of characters both funny and boring. Matricidal evil baby Stewie, liberal pet dog Brian and perverted neighbour Glen Quagmire are the stronger characters. However, Meg and Chris Griffin often offer nothing to the plot and Peter Griffin is a like-for-like copy of Homer Simpson. In my opinion most the episodes are funny, but the cut-away gags are hit-and-miss and some of the joke relies on obscure references. Overall, whilst the show is funny, it is no stalwart of the genre. Expand
  75. Aug 18, 2010
    This show is funny, but after awhile it kinda gets over the line with racist jokes and stupid jokes and other things. Dont get me wrong the show is funny, but just stupid funny. I like the show, but when Family Guy: Blue Harvest came out..OMG, halarious!!! But when Something, Something, Something Darkside came out: Zzzzzzz.. So boring and stupid! Not even funny. In ending this review: TheThis show is funny, but after awhile it kinda gets over the line with racist jokes and stupid jokes and other things. Dont get me wrong the show is funny, but just stupid funny. I like the show, but when Family Guy: Blue Harvest came out..OMG, halarious!!! But when Something, Something, Something Darkside came out: Zzzzzzz.. So boring and stupid! Not even funny. In ending this review: The show is funny, but their funny is dying slowly.. Expand
  76. Aug 14, 2010
    Family Guy is not funny and has some of the worst, and most immature jokes I've ever heard. Not funny. Watch a real TV show, like How I Met Your Mother.

1. Boston Globe
    Reviewed by: Matthew Gilbert
    Jul 10, 2013
    Does it work? Mostly, but only if you can handle what is now commonly called "edge." [29 Jan 1999]
  2. Boston Herald
    Reviewed by: Monica Collins
    Jul 10, 2013
    Sunday's premiere episode is one of the most cleverly outrageous half-hours of TV I've seen in a while. [28 Jan 1999]
  3. Chicago Sun-Times