• Network: ABC
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 24, 2009
Season #: 1, 2
7.4

1. Jun 1, 2011
    All of you have got to be kidding me! This show was great! I just finished the whole first season on Netflix and i cant wait to see the second, and then i learn that the show was canceled?!?!?! So i read the reviews and people were complaining about the characters the plot and a whole bunch of other moronic stuff. So for anyone reading this let me explain why these people who gave thisAll of you have got to be kidding me! This show was great! I just finished the whole first season on Netflix and i cant wait to see the second, and then i learn that the show was canceled?!?!?! So i read the reviews and people were complaining about the characters the plot and a whole bunch of other moronic stuff. So for anyone reading this let me explain why these people who gave this show a bad rating were wrong. First of all the characters were complex and changed through out the entire show, I don't understand why anyone wouldn't enjoy that, nowadays people like the plain, boring and/or idiotic characters like the ones from "Jersey Shore." The plot was great, the show tried to give an answer to an age old philosophical question "Fate vs. Free-Will", but i now see that people have completely forgotten what makes a good show good. Its NOT just some steroid filled idiots arguing all day and fist pumping, a good show is one that helps people learn or at least helps them to think about things outside of their miniature world. Expand
  2. BrynjarH.
    Oct 5, 2009
    What a great plot! This show has the potential to be big and popular. But they are on a thin line and not much space for error. Some of the actors are second class but nothing that will bug the untrained eye. But all together great show and look forward to see more!
  3. AbhinavR.
    Sep 25, 2009
    Due to all of this hype surrounding the series, I was initially quite skeptical of it. However, after watching the pilot, I was surprised at how interesting an idea this show is. All I can say is: (I think) this show is going to be epic!
  4. eliasc
    Oct 14, 2009
    I wasn't expecting much from 'Flashforward'. I have been a fan of Canadian SF author Robert J Sawyer for a long time and liked his novel 'Flashforward' a lot. However I could not understand how it could possibly be translated to TV when I read of the upcoming series late last year. After all, the novel, like all good SF, is about ideas, and this particular novel I wasn't expecting much from 'Flashforward'. I have been a fan of Canadian SF author Robert J Sawyer for a long time and liked his novel 'Flashforward' a lot. However I could not understand how it could possibly be translated to TV when I read of the upcoming series late last year. After all, the novel, like all good SF, is about ideas, and this particular novel almost required a reader's understanding of aspects of particle physics. This was not the usual audience that TV aims at. To my surprise, the TV series actually succeeds. Obviously to fans of the book, only the germ of the book's plot is translated onto the small screen. The main characters aren't the same. The complications and the implications of seeing into the future have not been hinted at as yet. And the time shift event's effect on space-time and people has been simplified into some sort of mystery. Still, it all works. The producers have taken the science out of the story. Probably most of the more fascinating scientific speculations will not appear in this series. In the novel, the main characters are not even American, but they are physicists who work at Cern and all around the world; not the FBI in LA. Still it works. Like Battlestar Galactica before it, the writers have created a potentially great show by re-tooling an idea from an older source, in this case a book, for a new audience. The original BSG was a mediocre series that was transformed into great SF television. 'Flashforward' has the same potential for greatness. I only hope that the series also takes the opportunity to actually do a little bit of education along the way and discusses, in easily digestible fashion, the fascinating world of high energy particle physics. Expand
  5. Scott-LeeN
    Oct 31, 2009
    Gripping, suspense, mystery and WOW factor. This show is brilliant and so far I have tried to work out whats behind the blackouts.... still no wiser!!! Long may it be on TV!!!!
  6. AnthonyC
    May 21, 2010
    Very nice series, I love the characters, very well written, it is very interesting and every time there is a new twist in the story.
  7. Nicole
    Nov 12, 2009
    Started out good during the pilot. Every episode since then has just gotten more unrealistic and overdone. The acting is bad, the relationships show no emotion or chemistry, and the plot-lines have gotten thin. The beginning of every episode leads me to think that I have missed something. Huge gaps in plot occur without any explanation. This show leaves much to be desired. Could have been Started out good during the pilot. Every episode since then has just gotten more unrealistic and overdone. The acting is bad, the relationships show no emotion or chemistry, and the plot-lines have gotten thin. The beginning of every episode leads me to think that I have missed something. Huge gaps in plot occur without any explanation. This show leaves much to be desired. Could have been a great show with a fresh idea, yet the poor writing and B-list actors have ruined it. Expand
  8. Aug 22, 2010
    The show was imaginative and unique and had a lot of potential but very quickly it became more like a poorly written episode of ER trying really really hard to be a sci fi. I'm glad it didn't get renewed for a second season.
  9. Marco
    May 2, 2010
    Excellent TV show. I hope there will be a second season.
  10. NoiF.
    Apr 8, 2010
    This is Ok But not as good as V. The main character is just way to fake. He just never seems authentic. This show has a lot of potential though. Just need to bring in some really good characters.
  11. Tony
    Dec 4, 2009
    I love everything about this show. Great acting, great plot, new mysteries every episode leaves me wanting more and looking forward to the next week. The characters are all very likable as well.
  12. NickG
    Jan 22, 2010
    This show is unique and original.The mystery and suspense keeps me logged on to this show.I think Metacritic should make accounts because too many people come here and rate one thing twice and it is unfair.This show is very entertaining.
  13. ChrisD
    Mar 21, 2010
    Great show, very interesting, a lot of great acting especially on Joseph Fiennes and Dominic Monaghan's part. I disagree thaty there are to many storylines, I, for one, can keep track with all of them.
  14. JohnD.
    Apr 6, 2010
    Alright, I saw the pilot and the first thought I had was wow. The concept is crazy fantastic, The characters are likable and bad ass, the acting seems fine to me, and this is overall more realistic than most shows. It is entertainment with suspense. Containing enough twists and turns that it becomes refreshingly unpredictable.
  15. barryq.
    Oct 1, 2009
    The show has a great premise but appears to have been directed by someone who worked on 'Murder She Wrote'. Everything is so over lit and fake. Should have been more realistic. Should have had some grit. Should have felt like it was really happening. Fail.
  16. ZackS.
    Sep 24, 2009
    I can't remember the last time i was so worked up after watching a show. ABC has found there lost i can not wait for the next episode.
  17. SergioR.
    May 18, 2010
    Great Show.
  18. BrianN
    Oct 12, 2009
    Original concept and very well written. I hope the concept doesn't wear thin over the show's lifespan.
  19. SirhcR.
    Sep 24, 2009
    Saw the pilot at comic-con really good stuff.. Hopefully the rest of the series lives up to it's potential.
  20. RaulM.
    Sep 24, 2009
    A great start to what I'm hoping will be a great season for a great new show. I just hope they flesh-out the characters in upcoming episodes, because for now, I don't care much about any of them.
  21. Kevin
    Sep 25, 2009
    Nice premise, and the characters seem compelling.
  22. Sep 28, 2010
    Interesting and original series. Every episode is very interesting and compelling especially the last one. I saw all the series and I Don't Regret It! The last episode was gripping and i'm still thinking about it's end.. I think it's the best series i saw, and it is competing with House M. D. I think it shares the first place.
  23. Tiff
    Oct 8, 2009
    Started out exciting and left me fast forwarding threw it on my DVR, I think it is a little boring...not the best plot.
  24. Jay
    Jan 11, 2010
    Poorly written, poorly acted, poorly thought out. The premise was an interesting one, however the show is destroyed by the writers' inability to do anything interesting with it, or to avoid awful cliche ridden dialogue. Truly without any merit at all, avoid it like the plague.
  25. JM
    Oct 10, 2009
    Pilot was not bad but the next two episodes are terrible. Even Michael Rymer, one of the best directors from Battlestar Galactica cannot save this dog. The plotting sucks, the dialog sucks, and the acting...well, sucks. The show is also sloppy. In the last episode, a graph based on an internet search is supposed to show a drop off in the crow population at the time of the flash forward Pilot was not bad but the next two episodes are terrible. Even Michael Rymer, one of the best directors from Battlestar Galactica cannot save this dog. The plotting sucks, the dialog sucks, and the acting...well, sucks. The show is also sloppy. In the last episode, a graph based on an internet search is supposed to show a drop off in the crow population at the time of the flash forward (just a few days earlier). The graph shows two MONTHS after flash forward. Were we not supposed to notice? And why the hell did they need a convicted Nazi criminal to tell them that a bunch of crows died? Was he the only one who noticed? There would have been widespread reports of crows dying. This show is another turd from the colon of Brandon Braga. Expand
  26. EmilianoC
    Oct 30, 2009
    the show is average, slow, Dominic Mohagan as a charming evil scientist is RIDICOLOUS even though the idea at the base of the plot is good.
  27. Aaron
    Apr 3, 2010
    It's on hiatus for several months as I never know when its on or off the air. We get the premise now show some action. Taking too long to develop and cut to the chase. At some point they have to let the audience in on what caused the blackout.
  28. ElaineW.
    Sep 26, 2009
    Give it time. The show has good bones. Let's see how the writers build it.
  29. AJR.
    Sep 28, 2009
    Strange, but thought provoking.
  30. MichaelG
    Jan 17, 2010
    Had so much hope for this show. The writers seem to be trading water since episode 4 or 5. The acting is more for a soap opera than sc-fi tv show. I gave up on this show in Episode 8; it just seemed to be going nowhere.
  31. averyc
    Nov 24, 2009
    I watched the first episode. The show's premise is compelling, even to me, who isn't really a fan of sci-fi. S,as an idea driven show, it may be good. However, it shouldn't be compared with LOST, which is both an idea driven show and a melodrama. I've seen all of LOST, but I have almost no interest in the sci-fi/fantasy parts of the show. I sort of ignore all the I watched the first episode. The show's premise is compelling, even to me, who isn't really a fan of sci-fi. S,as an idea driven show, it may be good. However, it shouldn't be compared with LOST, which is both an idea driven show and a melodrama. I've seen all of LOST, but I have almost no interest in the sci-fi/fantasy parts of the show. I sort of ignore all the Dharma stuff. I watch LOST for the lover triangle (Jack/Sawyer/Kate), for Locke's story of redemption, and for Michael Emerson's (and O'quinn's) acting. I enjoy LOST like I enjoy Hitchcock's 'Lifeboat'. LOST has a lot of human drama. So, far FF doesn't seem built to have that. What made LOST so absorbing at the beginning were the incidental moments that displayed good writing and good character dynamics, such as the moment when Jack, who's wounded, asks Kate if she can sew. Lesser shows ignore such texture. and LOST is all about backstory and character development, which is what makes it ENTIRELY different from Heroes. Anyone who can't see that is a dope. Expand
  32. JoshB
    Oct 15, 2009
    This show is suspenseful, exciting, fascinating, and really fun to watch. So far, I feel this could be the best show since "Lost." This is appointment television. I look forward to it all week long.
  33. philipw
    Oct 8, 2009
    It's just intelligent enough and interesting enough to pique my interest for at least another 3 episodes. Then we'll see. Like 24 it has plot holes big enough to drive a semi through, but like early Prison Break it moves quickly and offers enough plot twists to keep up one's interest.
  34. JeffO.
    Sep 24, 2009
    The idea sounded promising but began to fizzle out at the halfway point, maybe because of the cast of failed actors. Since I didn't care about any of the characters, I wasn't concerned about what was going to happen to them in the future. A real disappointment. Will probably not last more than a couple of months.
  35. NickC.
    Sep 25, 2009
    The novelty of this catchy concept will wear thin fast if it attempts to be plot-driven rather than character-driven. The dialogue was hoaky, made worse by overly dramatic dolly shots centered on John Cho's crappy acting. Small details bothered me as well, such as every building gently ablaze in the background - if the damage is from aircraft, there'd be more than drifting smoke The novelty of this catchy concept will wear thin fast if it attempts to be plot-driven rather than character-driven. The dialogue was hoaky, made worse by overly dramatic dolly shots centered on John Cho's crappy acting. Small details bothered me as well, such as every building gently ablaze in the background - if the damage is from aircraft, there'd be more than drifting smoke - and Ralph Feinnes' character walking through a puddle filled with cadavers right next to a downed telephone pole. Idiot. I wish I could've flashed forward six months from now to see if this series gets any better or not. Expand
  36. MattC.
    Sep 25, 2009
    If we all go out for 2 minutes I can understand chaos on the freeway, but what's with the building destruction. The writing seemed poor at times and there was much fill-in dialog that was repetitive and boring. In a word, this series seemed very clumsy.
  37. RP
    Sep 26, 2009
    I found the show very interesting but a bit frustrating. After such a catastrophic event the characters are still intent on telling lies to one another. Joseph Fiennes seems out of place on tv but I think he's an amazing actor and will watch again to see how the show develops.
  38. GregE.
    Sep 29, 2009
    Firstly, it's great to have a US show that is showing at virtually the same time over here as it is in the States. Good job abc/Channel 5. Undoubtedly the sow has promise. It's production values are high, as is the standard of the script and the quality of the cast and it's definitely the sort of show that you feel like you want to stick with. But here's the thing, i Firstly, it's great to have a US show that is showing at virtually the same time over here as it is in the States. Good job abc/Channel 5. Undoubtedly the sow has promise. It's production values are high, as is the standard of the script and the quality of the cast and it's definitely the sort of show that you feel like you want to stick with. But here's the thing, i felt the same way about Heroes and Lost before eventually giving up on them mid-way through season 2 through a mixture of antipathy, boredom and confusion. The challenge for flashforward is to tread the road less traveled and create a show that remains purposeful, thought provoking and intelligent and avoids the nonsensical plot twists or desperate attempts to stretch storylines that has blighted what could otherwise have been outstanding American drama over the past few years. Expand
  39. BrettM.
    Feb 14, 2010
    just watched first episode here in new zealand. the main actor seems to get all his clues from his future vision, seems to be making same mistake as Minority Report. will watch a couple more episodes and see.
  40. ManolisM.
    Feb 24, 2010
    Prons: Nice idea, unique. Cons: Slow, confusing, bad writing, bad directing, mediocre acting.
  41. DelR
    Nov 15, 2009
    This show moves too slowly and is somewhat contrived. I don't care about the characters, except for the guy who's daughter came back. Fascinating premised, though... But without some development, it could get old and is starting to after 8 episodes.
  42. Fantasy
    Nov 15, 2009
    This show started out strong but now is starting to feel much like the troubled Heroes that has fallen off a cliff. Too many storylines all at the same time which is becoming confusing. Good guy Bad guy it has the feel of professional wrestling. The writers better wake up and get it back on track.
  43. MichaelB.
    Sep 25, 2009
    A potential successor to Lost.
  44. Jan 12, 2012
    i have only seen two episodes but i am liking what i see. the plot is great and there are many things that make me wonder about whats up next. i recomend the show and for people looking for something good exciting to watch, check out flash forward. you7 won´t regret it.
  45. Oct 19, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Enticing concept, bad execution. This show is for people who want to know why Heroes got cancelled without having to watch Heroes. (And why copy so many things from Heroes? Claire-bear vs. Charlie-bear. FCOL!) At least Heroes was pretty exciting for a season or two. FF only captivates for two episodes. Not the mention the absolutely awful acting. I do want to give props to the super cool twist in the storyline where one of the main characters - FBI agent Noh - impregnates his "super lesbian" colleague while being held hostage by a warlord in some Somalian village. Expand
  46. Aug 4, 2011
    a brilliant story of originality,suspense and thriller.This show interacts with it's veiwers about the issue of fate and free will while thrilling them with exciting episodes which is brilliant. Watching the characters struggle to live in the present was quite thought provoking. so if you like heavy complex plot, fill with suspense and thought provoking concept, then this is the show you.a brilliant story of originality,suspense and thriller.This show interacts with it's veiwers about the issue of fate and free will while thrilling them with exciting episodes which is brilliant. Watching the characters struggle to live in the present was quite thought provoking. so if you like heavy complex plot, fill with suspense and thought provoking concept, then this is the show you. Love this show alot and without a doubt i can say it is a great show. a brilliant story of originality,suspense and thriller.This show interacts with it's viewers about the issue of fate and free will while thrilling them with exciting episodes which is brilliant. Watching the characters struggle to live in the present was quite thought provoking. so if you like heavy complex plot, fill with suspense and thought provoking concept, then this is the show for you. Love this show alot and without a doubt i can say it is a great show Expand
  47. Jan 28, 2012
    This show is the better version of Lost and has what Lost lacks a balance of humanity and science fiction and more emotion and less stupid complex math mumble jumbo that was not really needed. The show was still not perfect though and had a nice solid cast save for Peyton List. Extremely strong performances by its two leads Joseph Fiennes and John Cho and other main cast members DominicThis show is the better version of Lost and has what Lost lacks a balance of humanity and science fiction and more emotion and less stupid complex math mumble jumbo that was not really needed. The show was still not perfect though and had a nice solid cast save for Peyton List. Extremely strong performances by its two leads Joseph Fiennes and John Cho and other main cast members Dominic Monaghan, Brian F. O'Byrne, and Newcomer Zachary Knighton, & most of its Guest Stars but, not so much the rest of the main cast. Another truly awful point in this show besides Peyton List was Genevieve Cortese. Expand
  48. Sep 20, 2013
    This show is great! The concept is awesome! Although I must say the lead actor almost ruins the show for me with his terrible interpretation of the protagonist, but I'm willing to forgive this because the premise is filled with so much mystery that I was forced to keep watching!
  49. Jun 24, 2014
    This show was really good, but it was on ABC. It had an interesting concept and they did it justice. Sadly ABC killed the show by putting it through a long hiatus. It's the one cancellation I will never forget.

1. Reviewed by: Verne Gay
    It's evocative, smartly structured, well acted and insists that the strange ride you are about to take will be worth every minute.
  2. Reviewed by: Brian Lowry
    It's an intriguing, mind-bending concept that's mostly well executed, with a built-in payoff cleverly timed to coincide with the May rating sweeps.
    FlashForward is a good idea, and while that’s no guarantee of a good series, the first hour gives us reason to hope.