• Network: HBO
Season #: 1, 2
9.1

1. Nov 20, 2014
    Einfach nur gro├čartig!!!
    Ich hab sie auf Deutsch gesehen mit englischen Songs und die Synchro ist super witzig und sehr liebevoll gemacht.
    Kann ich nur empfehlen.
  2. Nov 20, 2014
    Does anyone have that one program you despise but you just aren't sure why? For me, this is it. It was something unknown about this show that left a bitter taste in my mouth. The more people rave and ranted about it, the less I liked it. To this day, I still role my eyes when someone mentions this program. Truth be told, if I invested solid time in it, I'd probably rate it slightlyDoes anyone have that one program you despise but you just aren't sure why? For me, this is it. It was something unknown about this show that left a bitter taste in my mouth. The more people rave and ranted about it, the less I liked it. To this day, I still role my eyes when someone mentions this program. Truth be told, if I invested solid time in it, I'd probably rate it slightly higher... Maybe. Expand
  3. Jul 11, 2014
    1.) Absurd HBO Comedy Series about 2 new zealand folk singer in the usa. The implemented songs are the highlight of this show, couple of legitimate hits. Really weird ****
  4. Jun 23, 2014
    This may not be your brand of humor; and I forgive you if it isn't. However, if this type of dry humor is entertaining to you, look no further. These guys are truly hilarious. The accents, the songs, the characters, etc., I can't get enough.
  5. Nov 1, 2013
    I think that this show is absolutely genius. How it blends music and comedy in a spellbinding fashion quite simply blows me away. Incredibly original. Rhys Darby stands out as the band manager, who seems completely inept to real life. If you have HBO, go on HBO GO and check this out. You won't regret it.
  6. Jan 3, 2013
    Four words only: Comedy genious ad nauseaum. Comedy genious ad nauseaum. Comedy genious ad nauseaum. Comedy genious ad nauseaum. Comedy genious ad nauseaumComedy genious ad nauseaum. .Comedy genious ad nauseaum.
  7. May 29, 2012
    So much creative content in the songs.. I wish they went a 3rd season. Murray is just too funny. I felt he made the whole series work. Only 6 characters in the series and yet it remained fresh and funny.
  8. May 26, 2012
    The mix of the music and songs are nice, but not all of the jokes where funny, and the last episodes where horrible. It still has funny jokes, but it also has some bad jokes.
  9. May 11, 2012
    One of the most hilarious shows I have ever watched, every episode I couldn't stop laughing at!
    Flight of the Concords is about two bumbling kiwis Jemaine and Bret both with strange musical talents traveling to America to try to make it big but always ending up in a hilarious mess!
  10. Feb 10, 2011
    Was at it's best when the songs themselves were hysterical, and they often were. Season One was hilarious, but Season 2, though funny at times, often fell flat. Highly recommend Season One, and somewhat recommend Season Two.
  11. BrandonH.
    Oct 4, 2009
    This is a fresh, funny show that shouldn't be over looked. I would suggest listening to there songs before watching there show, that way you can appreciate it more.
  12. TeresaS
    Jul 28, 2009
    Very, very funny!
  13. StoneM
    Jul 16, 2009
    Boring!! A cloying, annoying self-consciously quirky show.
  14. SteveB
    Jun 12, 2009
    I love those Kiwis! That show is fresh and New Zealand is so hot right now!
  15. LynneE
    Mar 23, 2009
    So funny. But these guys are clever and very talented. Good show HBO
  16. AlasdairC
    Feb 2, 2009
    Absolutely brilliant and completely hilarious.
  17. FranciscoS
    Jan 18, 2009
    A 5 just for its originality, but really I didn't find it funny. I think they are pretentious and try too hard to be clever and absurd.
  18. ChrisH.
    Nov 18, 2008
    The funniest show on television in years. I hope it comes back!
  19. PaulB.
    Nov 1, 2008
    This show is excellent, the musical interludes make it a little surreal but it is my favourite show and to get reviews from critics of 6.8 is a joke.
  20. SusanS.
    Sep 23, 2008
    "Unique" doesn't come close to describing the overall concept and superb writing and of course the acting of Bret and Jemaine. I agree that the "experts" either don't get this show, like they didn't get Arrested Development and other great shows, or they've grown too old and stogy to care much anymore. The closest thing to this I'd say is Ricky Gervais' "Extras".
  21. ArjunK.
    Jun 2, 2008
    Good laughs, good first season.
  22. ChristianM.
    May 21, 2008
    The TV show that I most look forward to.
  23. ShawnM.
    Apr 25, 2008
    The music video sequences are just hillarious. I can watch them over and over.
  24. AndyM.
    Apr 21, 2008
    The mostest funniest, brilliantest and every other est-est show on the tele. Love it long time.
  25. MarkS.
    Mar 29, 2008
    It takes a lot for me to laugh out loud nowadays but this show does it for me every time. I already new of the comedy duo and how hilarious they are but nothing prepared me for Murray the band manager! This is pure comedy gold.
  26. GlenH.
    Mar 8, 2008
    Definitely one of the funniest shows I've seen since Extras, 100% recommend this not just for 'kids', I think an older crowd can enjoy this but for sure it's aimed at young adults and it's a real joy. These guys write some hilarious tunes and Jemaine and Murray are killer. Watch this show.
  27. BenV.
    Feb 8, 2008
    The funniest show I have ever seen on TV. Its intelligent, witty, subtle, and awesome. I have seen every episode 4 times and am still laughing at every joke.
  28. TedL
    Jan 18, 2008
    Love this show!
  29. TomY
    Jan 16, 2008
    the critics for once got it wrong. this is a much better show than a 68. along with Extras and the Wire, HBO continues to put out the best stuff on TV. FOTC is an exceptionally quirky and hilarious show. the musicians are quite talented musically and extremely funny as well.
  30. kp
    Jan 4, 2008
    Hilarious
  31. CarlM
    Jan 4, 2008
    Classic humour. Amazed that one pro reviewer gave it such a duff rating, but maybe he just didn't get it
  32. JohnH
    Jan 1, 2008
    watchable but nowhere near as funny as it thinks it is. Songs are the best thing but comedy acting is far too smug and self satisfied. Ok for kids but adults should watch bbcs Peep show - so much better
  33. DavidP
    Dec 22, 2007
    I'm almost becoming obsessed with this one. It's the best show I've seen in ages. One of few where I've actually been falling off my chair laughing. I think it really deserves a bigger audience.
  34. JasonJ.
    Dec 7, 2007
    Maybe there needs to be a larger pool of critics? 68? Are you kidding? It's the funniest stuff that's been on T.V. in a long time. All it will take is for season 2 to be as good as the first.
  35. MikeG
    Dec 1, 2007
    Sure, there are a few repetitive moments. And, yes, this has all been done before. That being said, it's hard to imagine it being done better or much funnier than it's being done here. Bret and Jemaine are both brilliant, and the supporting cast brings every role to life. This is an absurd universe they've created: an adolescent's vision of what being in a band and Sure, there are a few repetitive moments. And, yes, this has all been done before. That being said, it's hard to imagine it being done better or much funnier than it's being done here. Bret and Jemaine are both brilliant, and the supporting cast brings every role to life. This is an absurd universe they've created: an adolescent's vision of what being in a band and living in the big city is like; and they do it with a slapstick sense of joy that harkens back to the Marx Brothers. Expand
  36. SF.
    Nov 12, 2007
    Love this show. very funny and they look great. Destined for great things.
  37. DavidD.
    Oct 30, 2007
    This show resonates beautifully for New Zealanders and is a fantastic cartoon version of NZ male culture. Most of us really are that awkward (at least from age 14 to 27). I suspect only NZ, Aussie, and S. Africa natives with repressed boys' school backgrounds will be falling over themselves laughing. Good on Americans for giving it a try. Sadly here in NZ it is relegated to cable This show resonates beautifully for New Zealanders and is a fantastic cartoon version of NZ male culture. Most of us really are that awkward (at least from age 14 to 27). I suspect only NZ, Aussie, and S. Africa natives with repressed boys' school backgrounds will be falling over themselves laughing. Good on Americans for giving it a try. Sadly here in NZ it is relegated to cable which is a true crime given the load of crap we usually get on major networks. Expand
  38. CoryL.
    Oct 25, 2007
    the best show in a long time
  39. PhilP.
    Oct 12, 2007
    Love this show - best thing on TV since Arrested Development ended
  40. RobW
    Sep 26, 2007
    Being a New Zealander I have no problems with the accents as we have other CPANC (central part of the North American Continent) shows over here. NYers are pretty easy to understand. The humour is universal to intelligent folk, and so much more intelligent for them being able to do it without using anything controversial. Their characters are not dull at all, they are quite typical of New Being a New Zealander I have no problems with the accents as we have other CPANC (central part of the North American Continent) shows over here. NYers are pretty easy to understand. The humour is universal to intelligent folk, and so much more intelligent for them being able to do it without using anything controversial. Their characters are not dull at all, they are quite typical of New Zealanders. In fact they could be described as quite charismatic. Expand
  41. BobA.
    Sep 22, 2007
    Almost always brilliant.
  42. AnjiL.
    Sep 5, 2007
    I absolutely love this show! ALL the characters are hilarious and the songs are great!
  43. PhilJ.
    Sep 3, 2007
    This show is hit or miss, but when it misses it's an inside the park homerun. And when it hits it's an out of the park power swing of steroidic proportions.
  44. LouiseG.
    Sep 2, 2007
    The most original show in ages. Can't remember the last time I laughed so much watching a show.
  45. MattA.
    Aug 26, 2007
    While not as good as such recent comedy classics such as Arrested Development, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Extras, and the British version of The Office, this is much better than, say, the overrated and usually painfully unfunny American version of the The Office. Both leads are great, the scenarios are hilarious, and the music is almost always catchy and well-written. The only reason for the 8 While not as good as such recent comedy classics such as Arrested Development, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Extras, and the British version of The Office, this is much better than, say, the overrated and usually painfully unfunny American version of the The Office. Both leads are great, the scenarios are hilarious, and the music is almost always catchy and well-written. The only reason for the 8 is that it can get a little tedious at times, but overall, very good. Expand
  46. TheKind
    Aug 23, 2007
    Unbelievable, quite possibly one of the best shows ever, clever, funny, original, awesome dry humor.
  47. JJ
    Aug 16, 2007
    One of the best and most 'fresh' shows i've seen in years. Humor is subtle and smart and the characters are well-done by these guys. Please make more episodes!
  48. JordanH
    Aug 15, 2007
    my favorite new show. tons of funny songs and great cast, everything works together, this and curb your enthusiasm are the 2 best shows on TV
  49. jeffj.
    Aug 14, 2007
    Absolutely the funniest show on television. My whole family watches the show religiously. Please HBO, renew this series!!!!
  50. Alonsog.
    Aug 14, 2007
    Great, simple and very entertaining, exactly how it should be. Really enjoy it
  51. TedJ
    Aug 10, 2007
    My favorite show this summer! Gentle humor, dryly delivered. Great songs and music videos.
  52. Alex
    Aug 8, 2007
    Yes, it's funny at times, but overall the show is lame and tiring. Each episode has been virtually the same (Brit leaves the band, they don't understand NYC, Jermain can't get a girlfriend, they're from New Zealand!) and the musical interludes are like the same one-note SNL skit. There might be laugh out loud moments in nearly every episode, but the problem is Yes, it's funny at times, but overall the show is lame and tiring. Each episode has been virtually the same (Brit leaves the band, they don't understand NYC, Jermain can't get a girlfriend, they're from New Zealand!) and the musical interludes are like the same one-note SNL skit. There might be laugh out loud moments in nearly every episode, but the problem is I've seen much better. To anyone who likes this show, I would recommend watching the BBC program "Peep Show" which is essentially the same show, only with real, complex characters and a funnier script. The main difference is that you empathize with them as well as laugh at them. Expand
  53. DavidA.
    Aug 8, 2007
    After watching this show if has become my new favorite. I can't get enough of it. The thing about this show is that it's not stupid. I can laugh at a show like this but not to a show like Family Guy. Their jokes are small, which is good because it ends them quicker. Other shows out there outstretch their jokes to where it fails horribly. Heres hoping Flight of the Conchords After watching this show if has become my new favorite. I can't get enough of it. The thing about this show is that it's not stupid. I can laugh at a show like this but not to a show like Family Guy. Their jokes are small, which is good because it ends them quicker. Other shows out there outstretch their jokes to where it fails horribly. Heres hoping Flight of the Conchords lasts for 4 or so more seasons. ;) Expand
  54. ValerieA
    Aug 8, 2007
    I have never been inclined to review or rate a show in my life, THAT'S how much I love FOTC.
  55. MikeB
    Aug 7, 2007
    You'd think they would run out of creativity and consistently brilliant songs, but they never do and hopefully they never will. Bret and Jermaine obviously steal the show but they supporting cast is also very solid, hopefully this show lasts.
  56. BubPasta
    Aug 6, 2007
    Like it more each week.
  57. Kathy
    Aug 6, 2007
    Fun, different!
  58. MovieBoyDotCom
    Aug 5, 2007
    LOL people from NZ sound like they are from AUS and UK... Thats so funny. How'd they come up with that idea? They should keep repeating that joke it will never get old! k thnx
  59. MelM
    Aug 2, 2007
    This show makes me laugh out loud every episode. I love these guys... I think I may really be Mel..
  60. Alexandra
    Aug 1, 2007
    My new favorite show on tv. I love Bret and Jermaine, and totally wish I could be friends with them.
  61. PaulS
    Aug 1, 2007
    The greatness of this show is the set-up and preformace of the songs. They are interwoven within the story line and give the viewer an additional emotion "angle". Plus, they're funny and quite catchy. I will give the show a 10 if they come back for another season so that should be incentive enough to start another production. It's a great show and all of New Zealand should be The greatness of this show is the set-up and preformace of the songs. They are interwoven within the story line and give the viewer an additional emotion "angle". Plus, they're funny and quite catchy. I will give the show a 10 if they come back for another season so that should be incentive enough to start another production. It's a great show and all of New Zealand should be very proud of them! Expand
  62. TamH.
    Aug 1, 2007
    A amazing show. So FUNNY. Everyone I show this to loves it. I hope it's on for a very long time!
  63. Harlan
    Jul 31, 2007
    To truly enjoy this show you must have Tivo. There is no way to get all the subtle and uniquely amazing bits of genius in just one watching. The best part is watching each episode numerous times and finding hidden gems that other shows would not bother trying to fit in. I only hope the guys get the chance to blossom over a couple of more seasons. Remember no show was perfect it's To truly enjoy this show you must have Tivo. There is no way to get all the subtle and uniquely amazing bits of genius in just one watching. The best part is watching each episode numerous times and finding hidden gems that other shows would not bother trying to fit in. I only hope the guys get the chance to blossom over a couple of more seasons. Remember no show was perfect it's first season, but this is as close as anyone has gotten so far! Thanks HBO! Expand
  64. bat-s
    Jul 31, 2007
    my face hurts from laughing so much! i love them.
  65. EvanH
    Jul 29, 2007
    One of the funniest shows of the year. The songs happen to be pretty amazing, not to mention hysterical!
  66. Taylor
    Jul 26, 2007
    soooooooo good
  67. ShaunaC
    Jul 25, 2007
    This show is awesome! It is extremely funny and it is not offensive, so lots of people can enjoy it. I have been telling all of my friends about this show, and every single person who has had a chance to see clips just loves the Flight of the Conchords. I hope everyone starts watching this show, so that we all can enjoy Flight of the Conchords for years to come. This is the comedy series This show is awesome! It is extremely funny and it is not offensive, so lots of people can enjoy it. I have been telling all of my friends about this show, and every single person who has had a chance to see clips just loves the Flight of the Conchords. I hope everyone starts watching this show, so that we all can enjoy Flight of the Conchords for years to come. This is the comedy series I've been waiting for. Jemaine and Bret are Heeeelarious through and through! I give them my highest recommendation, completely and without reservation. Expand
  68. PatrickS
    Jul 24, 2007
    This is a great show for anyone who is a music fan. The songs are hilarious, well structured, and actually well written. The jokes and storylines still produce laughs, but they are mainly just set-ups for their songs which are the true stars of the show. If you like comedy and music, give this show a shot. I love it and watch it every week.
  69. MichaelH
    Jul 24, 2007
    Amazing, two very talented individuals, but lets not forget Rhys Darby (Murray the band manager) who is also a hit. I hope this show never gets cancelled as it is already up there as, dear i say it my favourite show ever! If anything lets the show down it must be that annoying yank character who has a cruch on Bret and Jermaine
  70. MarcH
    Jul 23, 2007
    BRILLIANT!!!!
  71. UthredS
    Jul 23, 2007
    The songs are what make the show. Not sure how long this series can last without getting stale but very funny so far.
  72. LisaB
    Jul 21, 2007
    This is the funniest show I've ever seen! I saw pre-season commercials for it that didn't pique my interest but caught a show by accident and found myself bursting out loud. That never happens!
  73. RyanW
    Jul 21, 2007
    This is an excellent show and I really enjoy their awesome music.
  74. MargiT
    Jul 21, 2007
    This is the funniest show I have seen in a long time. I love all the songs. Jemaine is eye candy too!
  75. JoshJ
    Jul 19, 2007
    Quirky, original, and very dry. Good stuff!
  76. DirkG
    Jul 18, 2007
    Great, subtle and wry humor. The leads are really charismatic and Mel (not Meg) is hilarious as their only fan. There are occasional rough spots, but pound for pound it's still funnier than most stuff out there, and when it hits, it REALLY hits. Agree with Mike H.: this stuff sticks in your head for days.
  77. SamR
    Jul 18, 2007
    This show is phenomenal. It's so original. It's awkward comedy at it's best (trailing curb your enthusiasm) and it's songs are more laughs than you can handle.
  78. ZackM
    Jul 18, 2007
    The joke density is fairly low, but a recent episode had me laughing out loud a good four or five times. The songs range from goofy to spot-on, and the incompetent manager, Murray, is a brilliant addition to the Conchords' chemistry.
  79. MikeH.
    Jul 17, 2007
    Instantly joins the ranks of the truly must-see TV with CYE, Extras and past favorites like Da Ali G Show and The Office(original) because it stays in your head for days and becomes a topic of conversation with the uninitiated. It's brilliant.
  80. JackS
    Jul 17, 2007
    Absolutely the funniest show on tv. Their sense of humor make it one of a kind. Should come before Enterouge!
  81. KyleeN.
    Jul 16, 2007
    It's amazing, the funniest thing I have seen on television. However, I do think you have to have a certain type of personality to enjoy this delightful show.
  82. JonM
    Jul 15, 2007
    Probably one of the most original shows I have ever seen. I love it.
  83. SteveL
    Jul 13, 2007
    HBO has another great Sunday night show. One of the best shows on TV.
  84. JustinC
    Jul 13, 2007
    This show just plain makes me happy. The characters are simultaneously sweet, smart and innocent which makes them a delightful and refreshing change from the run of smarmy, acidic comedies we've had lately. Anyone who says it's just for Kiwis, Aussies, etc is just wrong.
  85. AKC
    Jul 13, 2007
    Unique and very funny. The best comedy on TV since the Ali G show. The pace is different, but to confuse understated (but sharp) comedy with boring is a mistake. Be patient- it's worth it- and hopefully HBO agrees and extends the show's run...
  86. CrocM
    Jul 12, 2007
    Thankfully HBO isn't afraid to take risks. Flight of the Conchords is the most unique comedy of the year.
  87. KezM
    Jul 12, 2007
    Brilliant show!! Original, wacky, great songs and characters. I'm hooked!!
  88. C.B.
    Jul 11, 2007
    magical
  89. RossD
    Jul 10, 2007
    This show is funny.. British humo reven thought they're from new zealand
  90. TheoC
    Jul 10, 2007
    A breath of fresh air in a world that's generally become more and more bereft of originality.
  91. GabeG
    Jul 10, 2007
    This is a well needed show and praise the hbo network for giving it a chance
  92. JoyJ
    Jul 9, 2007
    One of the most unique and funny shows on t.v.
  93. ScottN.
    Jul 8, 2007
    This brilliant, understated comedy. Its not shouting at the rooftops and its not taking the piss. These guys have brilliant timing, simple stories and hilarious songs. Perhaps it is only for Kiwi's, Aussies and Brits but still worth a look if you arent one of the above.
  94. BrendanP
    Jul 7, 2007
    This show is brilliant in execution and remastering the band's classic songs. It's one of the best pseudo-reality show currently on television.
  95. DanW
    Jul 7, 2007
    the musical scenes alone are enough to make your sides hurt with laughter
  96. shawnc.
    Jul 6, 2007
    Flight of the conchords is brilliant. Its very eccentric and hits a very unique comedy vibe. The two lead actors have a very strong on screen presense and they both have amazing chemistry and comic timing. The show also features some amazing musical segments that are hilarious. This show is sure to be a classic.
  97. ChazW
    Jul 4, 2007
    Not very funny at all. It was like trying to quench one's thirst, by drinking a bucket of sand. Maybe, if I were a Kiwi, Aussie, or Brit, it might be funny.
  98. BF.
    Jul 4, 2007
    This show may be too clever for its own good. I can only hope it doesn't suffer the same fate as Lucky Louie, and go over the heads of these philistines... Seriously funny show. Please for the love of God, watch it, record it, then watch it again...
  99. TomW.
    Jul 3, 2007
    I don't usually rate shows, and with this series I expected a rehash of Tenacious D's three episode run on HBO. However, I've never been so impressed with a musical coemdy show. FotC blows sketch comedy shows on MTV and FUSE out of the water.
  100. JosephP.
    Jul 3, 2007
    Flight of the Conchords is an exceptional, innovative comedy!

The charms of this series are subtle, but only grow over the course of the first few episodes.
    You should be there on Sunday night to see the premiere of something new and hilarious, and completely different.
  3. Reviewed by: Brian Lowry
    "Flight" is pretty much a snooze until the music starts, at which point the show kicks up into something quite weird and occasionally wonderful.