7.3

1. Oct 2, 2011
    Overall, I really enjoyed this series. I'm not sure if its my husband's love for the show influencing me, or just being sick of American sitcoms, but it was funny, unique, and edgy. It felt real, too, and not too situational or gimmicky like sitcoms almost always are. The added bonus of there finally being a prime-time show about a Jewish family, and it didn't have to feature itself as a Jewish show, was really great, too. Some of the pranks with the brothers and the inside running jokes weren't very funny, but the really great actors and familiar faces from some of the UK's best comedies helped make this one of he best shows I've seen all year. To sum it up, great actors, great concept, great writing, and even at it's worst, its still not bad. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Curt Wagner
    Aug 1, 2011
    It's a credit to Popper that the running gags seem fresh and funny every time, and that he can mine so much humor from a weekly dinner. But as long as he does, I'll have the table set.
  2. Reviewed by: Hank Stuever
    Aug 1, 2011
    Even with the cross-pond cultural differences, young adults who are perennially baffled by their aging boomer parents will feel right at home here.
  3. Reviewed by: David Wiegand
    Aug 1, 2011
    Dinner isn't quite ready to take its place in the Brit-com hall of fame, but it's good for a laugh or three.