Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
9.0

1. SarahH
    Oct 1, 2008
    First episode was AMAZING!
  2. Ron
    Jan 26, 2009
    Older than most characters on the show, but still able to identify with the characters' personal struggles and triumphs. Whereas shows like "24" offer pure escapism, FNL serves up, without being overly "soapy", realistic depictions of daily life. So far, season 3 is off to strong start and I'm just waiting for Buddy Garrity to be served up a big heaping of "humble pie a la mode"!
  3. Zeke
    Jan 4, 2009
    Love the show... I don't know what i would do if i didn't have the show to watch. I have been watching the show since season 1, and cant get enough. I bought both season 1 and 2 DVD sets and watched them at least like 20 times. Now I'm just waiting for season 3 so come to NBC on the 16th. Love it and hope for another season.
  4. MichaelC
    Dec 10, 2008
    I love this show and I have watched all 3 seasons so far. I hope there is another one.
  5. HeidiR.
    Oct 31, 2008
    I believe in this show. the characters are rich and true. Great cast....The camera shaky raw photography is a bit much at times but overall, a breed of its own this show.
  6. BrianC
    Jan 17, 2009
    The best acted show on television. Extremely poignant. Filmed moments of silence often say more than even the best dialogue could.
  7. JimmyC
    Jan 21, 2009
    FNL's so good I found a person on Craigs List to record the 13 episodes on DirecTv and mail them week by week. Why this show has to fight for its existence boggles me. If Season 3 is the last, everybody involved can go out with heads held way high.
  8. BillN
    Jan 22, 2009
    Friday Night Lights has continued to build the stories that began two years ago and the drama of those lives is protrayed compellingly. This is the best drama on television avoiding the cliches of most television pap. Everytime you are sure where the story of one of he characters is headed there is sharp writing that adds realism to the events.
  9. LIndz
    Feb 5, 2009
    There is no other show on television with such complex and beautifully written characters. The acting is top notch and the cinematography is beautiful. Kyle Chandler and Connie Britton have brought the most excellent portrayal of a marriage in all of TV history. THis show is already a classic and I need a season 4!
  10. ChrisC.
    Dec 18, 2008
    One of the best shows on T.V. If you or anyone you know has a Nielsen box, then WATCH IT. This season is fantastic.
  11. MichaelM
    Jan 17, 2009
    Friday Night Lights rocks! The characters are rich and real. The writing is excellent...almost indiscernable in that you hardly notice the use of plot devices or other dramatic mechanisms. The stories just flow from the premises and situations. This should be a metascore of over 90.
  12. AndyK
    Jan 18, 2009
    Great third season. I watched this on Direct TV and recommend it now on NBC. Strong story line, great new characters, and a finish that (hopefully) allows it to return again.
  13. ChrisB
    Jan 24, 2009
    Having only OTA broadcast, I was seriously ticked off when I didn't see FNL on the schedule this fall. With so much reality dreck on the air I had more free time. I'll make time to watch this, the cast and writing are real enough and the show's a pleasure to sit down with.
  14. garthm
    Apr 14, 2009
    9.7, actually. Oh, the fourth season that (possibly)has been set up by the third season finale! What a loss to commercial television the cancellation of this series would represent. I've followed Britton and Chandler since Season 1. Their relationship is rich and real. Anyone remember their little under-the-table whispering spat during the party? A gem of writing and acting. 9.7, actually. Oh, the fourth season that (possibly)has been set up by the third season finale! What a loss to commercial television the cancellation of this series would represent. I've followed Britton and Chandler since Season 1. Their relationship is rich and real. Anyone remember their little under-the-table whispering spat during the party? A gem of writing and acting. Supporting characters have not been uniformly interesting, nor have they all been actors of the caliber of Britton and Chandler. But some of them are superb. Kudos, then, to Gilford and Plemons. And all praise to the writers, who have managed to salvage such interesting stories (with some exceptions) from what must be an overwhelming temptation to make this a story about football. Friday nights I go to Texas. I look forward to each visit. My deep appreciation goes out to the writers, actors, directors, and cameramen. Because of them I know I won't leave Dillon disappointed. Expand
  15. Aug 13, 2010
    The best season of the best drama series on television. Departing from the overly dramatic stories of season 2, season 3 brings FNL back to basics. The story lines and characterization is so spot on that sometimes I felt like I was watching a real documentary. I would highly recommend this show to anyone looking for something fresh that will make you cheer and weep all at the same time.
  16. Aug 17, 2010
    Without a doubt, Friday Night Lights is one of the best TV shows I have ever seen. The story is so well done and realistic that it makes you feel as if all these characters are real people who you could actually visit if you went to this small town in Texas. I highly recommend Friday Night Lights for anybody who is a fan of good TV. Season 3 is just as good as Season 1 if not better!
  17. Feb 27, 2013
    Due to the writers’ strike of 2007/08 Friday Night Lights second season came to an end before we had seen the conclusion of the Dillon Panthers football calendar. The creators therefore took the decision to jump ahead to the following school year for this third season, a decision which proved to be the right move despite the fact that a few lingering plot-lines from the second season wereDue to the writers’ strike of 2007/08 Friday Night Lights second season came to an end before we had seen the conclusion of the Dillon Panthers football calendar. The creators therefore took the decision to jump ahead to the following school year for this third season, a decision which proved to be the right move despite the fact that a few lingering plot-lines from the second season were all but ignored (What happened to Santiago?).

Much like the excellent Mad Men, Friday Night Lights greatest strength lies in the fact that its drama is always firmly routed in reality. Aside from a couple of poorly received storylines in season two it is easy to believe that we are watching real people going about their everyday lives, dealing with the sorts of problems that many of us may face at some point. Of course this would all be very dull if it weren't for the superb writing that never resorts to having to spell everything out for the viewer as well as the fantastic performances from the entire cast. Whether you have any interest in American Football or not Friday Night Lights is one of the most underrated shows of the last decade and anyone with an interest in quality drama could do a lot worse than pick this up on DVD.

The show may not quite be as immersive as it was at its best; we may not see the likes of FNL’s breathtaking first season again. But in Season 3, it’s more evident than ever that many of FNL’s most powerful moments occur when there’s no dialogue at all.
  2. The premiere doesn't necessarily have the sort of mythical, spine-tingling moments that the first season provided from time to time, but the acting remains strong (particularly by Chandler and Britton, the First Couple of primetime) and it feels like an episode of Friday Night Lights in a way that very little of season two did.
  3. One of television's best shows has been the exclusive province of DirecTV's 101 Network for months now, but finally "Friday Night Lights" is returning to NBC, with a third season that feels more like the first. In other words, no homicides, accidental or otherwise, just the very real human drama of life in a Texas town where football touches nearly everyone's lives.