• Network: FOX
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 9, 2008
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
8.5

1. Dec 27, 2010
    The increasingly strained "science" canon and obvious continuity errors aren't the problem. The problem is that the characters just never get beyond being caricatures. All of them can be quickly and easily summed up into a short sentence; certainly not interesting enough to want to watch for more than a season. None of them, not even the heroes, are especially likable. Weirdly enough theThe increasingly strained "science" canon and obvious continuity errors aren't the problem. The problem is that the characters just never get beyond being caricatures. All of them can be quickly and easily summed up into a short sentence; certainly not interesting enough to want to watch for more than a season. None of them, not even the heroes, are especially likable. Weirdly enough the alternate versions of most of the characters are more interesting and engaging, unfortunately the show needs to artificially remind us every so often that the other side is evil, so we shouldn't really attempt to empathize with someone from the "other" side. In any event, as a big JJ. Abrams fan, I was hoping for a lot more and I really wanted to like this show. I ended up just barely finishing season 2 and abandoning it after 2 episodes of Season 3. Expand
  2. RaymondR.
    Sep 23, 2009
    Got tired of this show 3/4 of the way last season. Boring, the main character is weak, etc. It has some interesting elements...but that's about it.
  3. MasJ.
    Sep 18, 2009
    Extraordinarily average.

The Season 2 premiere of the genre-tinged drama Fringe is almost the polar opposite of its bombastic Season 1 premiere, and that’s a very good thing.
  2. Fortunately, someone finally grabs hold of the wheel and steers it back to where it belongs, as one of the great character dramas of contemporary television.
  3. Reviewed by: James Poniewozik
    While not as mind-blowing as the last season's finale (which had me finally buying into the show after a season on the fence), does a good enough job continuing to run with the parallel-universe scenario established toward the end of season one.