• Network: FOX
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 9, 2008
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5
8.9

1. May 17, 2014
    In its third season Fringe decided to do things all its own way and, while it occasionally went down the typical JJ Abrams route of looking like things were made up as they went along, it developed into one of the most intriguing and exciting sci-fi shows seen on television. Splitting the episodes almost evenly across the two alternate universes viewers are asked to invest a significantIn its third season Fringe decided to do things all its own way and, while it occasionally went down the typical JJ Abrams route of looking like things were made up as they went along, it developed into one of the most intriguing and exciting sci-fi shows seen on television. Splitting the episodes almost evenly across the two alternate universes viewers are asked to invest a significant amount of time in a whole set of new characters, even if they are mostly just different versions of those we already know. Had it been handled incorrectly this could have proved a disaster but as it is it helped to bring a whole new perspective to those living on ‘Earth 2’, making us invest in their plight and demonstrating that they are not just the ‘bad guys’ that need defeating.

There is still the odd slightly predictable ‘monster of the week episode’ in the middle of the season and, as with all sci-fi shows, there are plot holes for those they are determined to find them but overall Fringe’s third season made for top notch viewing.
  2. Oct 9, 2013
    Season three is the best season of Fringe, hands down. This show, consistently on the bubble of cancellation, pulled through due to it's dedicated fan base. Season three shows us that Fringe is not just about science, but it is about family, and espionage and rivalry etc. It's so bloody excellent I want to cry.
  3. Jul 10, 2012
    Fringe and its cast are simply the best. Season three is the best so far, and it's cast really show range. Anna Torv's Olivia and Fauxlivia are stellar, and John Noble's transition from "I love LSD!" Walter to stern, serious Walternate is just incredible. Fringe is the best sci-fi show on television.
  4. Jun 5, 2012
    The first half of this season is the best story arc in the show, and well worth a watch. The second half fails to impress to the same degree but is watchable nonetheless. However, it would be unfair and dishonest not to mention that the show jumps the shark in the last minute of the finale.
  5. Jan 25, 2012
    Fringe is simply amazing and John Noble is as well. It's the best sci-fi show in T.V!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  6. Sep 18, 2011
    Fringe is a must watch show.Anna Torv as Olivia is amazing .I wouldn't live without Fringe.I've been hooked since it started.You only want more and more Fringe.
  7. Jun 9, 2011
    This show only gets better. I've been hooked since it started, and it never fails to keep you glued to the screen waiting for more. The character development and storyline work hand in hand to make a fantastic sci-fi show which beats most of the other shows on TV these days. Don't get me wrong, some of the storylines they introduced this season I initially doubted, but like always they endThis show only gets better. I've been hooked since it started, and it never fails to keep you glued to the screen waiting for more. The character development and storyline work hand in hand to make a fantastic sci-fi show which beats most of the other shows on TV these days. Don't get me wrong, some of the storylines they introduced this season I initially doubted, but like always they end up making the craziest and most insane possibilities make... sense. Expand
  8. Apr 6, 2011
    Due to excellent writing, a bizarre yet believable universe, some great acting, and a bit of real science sprinkled here and there to keep things interesting, Fringe has easily become the best show currently on television period.
  9. Mar 18, 2011
    Fringe is a must watch show. it's incredible. The acting from all cast is outstanding. It's the best sci-fi show in T.V right now. The show has such great characters Olivia (my favourite) , Walter Peter Philip Nina Astrid Charlie and that new guy Lee (Did i miss anyone?) . Best season! Watch it live!
    10 points for Fringe! f
  10. Mar 18, 2011
    This was the 3rd best season of Fringe. Still on the edge of my seat. It is NOTHING like the X-files, besides the fact that both are about companies exploring the unexplainable. Again, it's NOT an X-files copy. Anna Torv is at her peak of acting in this season and the best acting still comes from John Noble (Dr Walter Bishop). This show is well done and I can't wait to watch every single episode.
  11. Mar 17, 2011
    Fringe season 3 is like, Fringe season 1 and 2, gone WILD!!!!! It is so well written, Brad Anderson's directing is INCREDIBLE, the story's, the actors, EVERYTHING!!!! JUST WATCH! You'll see what I mean.
  12. Mar 5, 2011
    I avoided watching this show when it started on general principle: I hate being one of a 'crowd'.

But damn was I wrong. I got stuck into Season 1 on dvd and ran out to buy Season 2 after only watching the pilot and the next 3 episodes. I just finished Season 2 (after a marathon week of work-Fringe-sleep-work-Fringe-sleep...etc) and and consider myself a fan. And I"m not embarrassed in

And I"m not embarrassed in the least to admit it! Great work
  13. Jan 20, 2011
    The season so far has been great.The storyline has been excellent and the acting has been stellar all around,especially Anna Torv and of course John Noble as Walter.It would disgust me if FOX were to cancel it as it is currently the best show on any of the four major networks(ABC,FOX,NBC,CBS)and a top 10 show overall.
  14. Dec 11, 2010
    Fringe grabs me. I'm in love with Olivia. Peter's a bad ass. All I want to do is take care of Walter and make sure Broiles isn't too stressed out. The relationships are what make this show tic. It just happens to be about science fiction. The scifi stuff is cool and fun to imagine but the way the characters interact is what has me watching every episode. Thanks for great entertainment!
  15. Dec 7, 2010
    season 3 is just great! the show is getting better and better. excelent acting and excelent plot.
    hope this series continues for a long time.
  16. Dec 5, 2010
    The best season of fringe to date. I can´t get enough of it. Excelent acting and plot. I wish they would not skip so many thursdays. I hope we will get to see season 4.
  17. Dec 1, 2010
    Fringe is an amazing show, one of the best on TV and most definitely the best on FOX. It's move to the FDS (Friday Death Slot) is a depressing move by the network and potentially an end to a beautiful show. But Lie to Me there Fox, at least fringe isn't the same story every week.
  18. Nov 29, 2010
    Wow! I'm not a TV watcher. This show has me captivated. I've been trying to catch up, watching past shows on-line. The plots have been nothing short of brilliant. Even the characters and their development are outstanding. This is clearly the king of mind-science thrillers.
  19. Nov 29, 2010
    Wow. All of the problems with Fringe have pretty much been ironed out - Anna Torv shows a ton of range, the action is great, the setup (parallel universes) is being used to its max.

Honestly the best Sci-Fi TV I've seen in years.
  20. Nov 21, 2010
    This new season is absolutely mind blowing and putting fringe in the same upper echelon of tv shows that include lost and battlestar galactica. The absolute best tv show on tv right now and doesnt look like its gonna slow down anytime soon
  21. Nov 18, 2010
    This is one of the best shows on TV. It has better character development and consistently good plots than any other SciFi show. It is better than the X-Files and Outer Limits, and JJ Abrams and this crew make the genre shine.
  22. Nov 6, 2010
    In opinion this is the best season yet of an already fantastic show. Not only does Fringe have an addicting plot, great special effects and intense action sequences, it also has likable characters that carry out the story and make you want to come back each week.
  23. Oct 19, 2010
    Very well done, which I can say for only a few TV shows these days... Just give up already survivor no one cares any more. Excelent acting and excelent plot hope this series continues for a long time.
  24. Oct 18, 2010
    Anna Torv is amazing in this third season! She really makes Alt-Olivia and Olivia convincingly different. Joshua Jackson rounds out Peter's character with skill. John Noble plays Walter with such a subtlety of feeling--he is an extraordinary actor. All of the shows main characters are compellingly interesting. Each episode leaves me wanting more, more, more. Fox, please don't cancelAnna Torv is amazing in this third season! She really makes Alt-Olivia and Olivia convincingly different. Joshua Jackson rounds out Peter's character with skill. John Noble plays Walter with such a subtlety of feeling--he is an extraordinary actor. All of the shows main characters are compellingly interesting. Each episode leaves me wanting more, more, more. Fox, please don't cancel this excellent show! Expand
  25. Oct 18, 2010
    I don't think there's another show at this moment that can top Fringe. Each week it continues to mesmerize us and keep us clinged to the tv. The performances from the actors are sublime, especially Anna Torv who portrays two versions of her character very convincingly. J.J. Abrams has delivered a piece of art if you ask me. So kuddos to him, the cast and crew, because this is exactly how II don't think there's another show at this moment that can top Fringe. Each week it continues to mesmerize us and keep us clinged to the tv. The performances from the actors are sublime, especially Anna Torv who portrays two versions of her character very convincingly. J.J. Abrams has delivered a piece of art if you ask me. So kuddos to him, the cast and crew, because this is exactly how I want to be entertained. Expand
  26. Oct 13, 2010
    With another season, this amazing TV show delivers more of its odd, sci-fi feel. Not many shows have tried what this series has, and that's why this is so great. Hopefully, Abrams will delve more into what the alternate dimension is, something that had me intrigued when Season 2 ended.
  27. Oct 13, 2010
    Definately one of the best shows on telly at the moment. From J.J Abrams, the genius behind Star Treks reimagining and one of the best shows ever, Lost, comes this piece of work. It may begin like an X-Files rip-off, but trust me, it becomes so much more than that, delving into its mythology with Observers and parallel worlds, by season 3, this is grade A work. Just hope season 3 doesn'tDefinately one of the best shows on telly at the moment. From J.J Abrams, the genius behind Star Treks reimagining and one of the best shows ever, Lost, comes this piece of work. It may begin like an X-Files rip-off, but trust me, it becomes so much more than that, delving into its mythology with Observers and parallel worlds, by season 3, this is grade A work. Just hope season 3 doesn't waver off course Expand
  28. Sep 24, 2010
    Overall, an amazing return for Fringe. The plot and twists are great and the acting was good as usual. I like where their going with this. I've been watching Fringe from the very beginning and have been hooked by its claws ever since. I've only ever noticed a few hiccups in the early shows but they have never taken away from the engaging storyline. JJ did good on this show, however I'mOverall, an amazing return for Fringe. The plot and twists are great and the acting was good as usual. I like where their going with this. I've been watching Fringe from the very beginning and have been hooked by its claws ever since. I've only ever noticed a few hiccups in the early shows but they have never taken away from the engaging storyline. JJ did good on this show, however I'm skeptical about his new one. I guess I just need to watch it then. This is the show I "need" to watch every week. Its that good.

So, in conclusion, Fringe has had a successful return and jumped right back in to the suspense it left us with last season.

1. Reviewed by: Robert Bianco
    Oct 21, 2010
    I'm not giving up on the show, which was one of last year's best. But I don't want to spend weeks watching our Olivia suffer and their Olivia make Walter and Peter suffer. You have to give writers leeway to take you where they want to go--but at a certain point, commercial entertainment has to be entertaining, or there's no reason to watch.
    Rather than waiting for a future payoff, Fringe is cashing in with every episode, showing us the escalating war between worlds-and with likeable characters and compelling cases to boot. Ironically, it's by branching out in two different directions that the show has become, more than ever, the centerpiece of a hypercompetitive Thursday night lineup.
  3. I have to put in a good word for Fox's excellent Fringe, which returns with a strong episode tonight that helps demonstrate why Anna Torv was cast in the first place.