• Network: FOX
  • Series Premiere Date: May 19, 2009
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5
6.6

1. Apr 27, 2011
    Best show on television. All the idiots that gave this a 0 probably have never even seen an episode or seen just part of an episode. Great comedy, music, and drama. Show deals with many important teen issues and has an amazing diverse cast.
  2. Sep 29, 2010
    This show has lady gaga syndrome. The creators think they have a coat of pop sugary candy that they sneakily injected with dark undertones and social commentary. But ratings and dollars speak so what they end up with is sugary pop candy that just thinks it has dark undertones cuz at the end of the day the important thing is to be yourself and never stop believing...yippie!
  3. Sep 22, 2010
    OMG!!!! The first episode of season 2 was amazing and I'm really looking forward to the Britney Spears episode!!!!! I LOVE GLEE...Omg I hope the show will be amazing the whole season again!!!!!
  4. Sep 26, 2010
    I love the first episode of Glee... It make me LOL the entire episode... Its was definitely better than most of the episodes of the 1 season.... The music was great except the last song.... The new guys in the cast sing great... I'm sure this gonna be the best season....
  5. Oct 22, 2010
    Any show so campy and over the top that it can consistently bring two grown men to tears is an automatic 10. While the themed episodes are getting a bit tired, the changing-up of the musical arrangements can make Britney Spears actually worth hearing.
  6. Jan 29, 2011
    Sue Sylvester is hilarious. The acting is great and unlike dijavantewow i think the show is original................................................................
  7. Mar 17, 2011
    Glee season 2 just keeps hitting all the right notes! The first being one thing, Gwyneth Paltrow. She has completely blown me away! Get rid of creepy Will and get Holly in there indefinitely! Plus the music, performances, stories, characters, and stars are as good as the first season. If not better! Now all I need is Idina Menzel, Jonathan Groff, and Kristin Chenoweth back and we will have... PERFECTION. Expand
  8. Jun 1, 2011
    An amazing show, which has real mania surrounding it! They are amazing singers and a good story-line! This is an inspirational show and never fails too put you in a good, hyper mood! The season is much more appealing with Jonathan Groff joining the cast, nothing is more appealing than a bad-boy and he will defiantly keep the suspense in the Glee club, he has us itching for more! Well done Jonathan and all your Glee Co-Stars :) Expand
  9. Aug 5, 2011
    Well Glee Season 2 is much more superior to season 1 because of the songs and guest stars. I'm a Filipino and I'm proud that Charice is there. I even love Gwyneth Paltrow. There were even original songs like the very best " Loser Like Me". There were problems with plot and story and I found that some were unnecessary.
  10. Apr 7, 2012
    Let's face it, Glee has become a phenomenon. Not only does it have many fans who love it, Glee seems to have just as many folks who despise the show's popularity. Whether or not you agree that Glee deserves the praise it gets (I most certainly think it does), no one can deny that Ryan Murphy has created something that will be remembered for years to come.
  11. Apr 16, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. es la mejor serie me a gustado muchisimo, me encantan sus canciones y sus actores, estos son muy naturales a veces creo que esta serie es un documental sobre como ser adolecente en vivo. Expand
  12. Sep 21, 2010
    Glee is back and better than ever! Although the second half of last season was disappointing, us Glee fans are satisfied and happy with a season premiere packed with drama and music. All the old characters are familiar, Sue is still her old self, making fun of Mr.Shu, Rachel is still a control freak whose life is all about Glee, and everyone is still losers at the bottom of the social pyramid. This episode also introduces three new characters. First there is Shannon Beiste, a female football coach who was made fun of in school. Next, there is Sam Evans, a blond kid who plays football and has an amazing voice, which Finn finds out in the locker room and tries to recruit him to Glee club. And finally, there is Sunshine Corazon, a Filipino student (played by Charice Pempengco) whose voice could rival Rachel's. Will New Directions win Nationals this year? We'll find out. Expand
  13. Oct 26, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Glee is amazing, this season has had incredible songs (Empire State Of Mind, One Of Us, Lucky) and more importantly they have developed more recurring characters like Santana and Britany. Even tough the Britney episode was a little floppy, Duets and Grilled Cheesus make up for it. And for those people that complain about Glee covering songs, if Glee wrote their own songs they would be a bad show (like High School Musical). Expand
  14. Jun 11, 2011
    I can't really explain it, but even though Season 1 and Season 2 are practically the same, Season 2 has that little something extra. The songs though are becoming a little monotone and just added because it will make them money. Big thumbs up to them though for adding original songs and showing that they can do something new and still hit the right note.
  15. Dec 8, 2010
    There is perhaps an overabundance of gimmicky guest-stars and themed episodes, contrived mini-dramas with half-life shorter than virtual particles and unnecessary songs per episode and too little actual dramatic content but "Glee" is still mostly the land of joy and the home of delightful characters like over the top villain with a heart of titanium Sue, unbelievably and endearingly stupid Brittany, infernally hot Santana, sad Beiste and tiny Kurt. Expand
  16. Sep 29, 2010
    I think it's unfair that a tv show is given a score based on just a few episodes, but... well, the score I give is exactly what a feel about the show based on the 2 episodes. Despite being hyped for so long, the Britney episode felt a bit flat, it's good, just not as great as I hope it would. Glee is a celebration about our music industry (mostly pop) so when it comes to plot... I don't expect much but it doesn't hurt that Ryan Murphy can actually vamped up the storylines and maybe reduced a few numbers, it's worth a try. Expand
  17. Sep 24, 2010
    I am a Glee fanatic, but the season premiere isn't much different than the premiere of the first season. However, with Britney Spears cameoing, and John Stamos becoming a season regular, I'm excited to see what Glee: Season 2 is like.
  18. Sep 25, 2010
    Okaay so Glee is back for seconds. Well with all the hype it created before its debut, I was especially keen to find out if it lived up to it all. And did it ? You betchya !

Watching the first episode was a complete delight ! Starting with "Telephone" sung by Sunshine & Rachel through to Gleeks performing Empire State of Mind. The newly hired Female Football couch would arguably be one of
    the most interesting characters of the show. I personally hope she makes her life motto to make Sue's life at WMHS a hell. Tit for Tat ! But where was our crazy but lovable Ms Emma ? Expand
  19. Dec 1, 2010
    This season i find more current listed hits being song then the first season with its classic rock. The entertainment shown in this season is very inspiring and up lifting. This show is not only showing vocal talents and how high school students can shine. But it also shows some problems that happen in high school these days. Kids wonder how to deal with problems and if it is through the television to get these kids to listen then so be it. This show is a fun and exciting and it appeals to the majority of people in the US today. Expand
  20. Jun 8, 2011
    Season 2: Though I as upset at the beginning of the season because of it's reason to change the characters from seniors to sophomores. However the great comedy and drama mixed with song is something rarely seen and even rarer that it works well. They pull it all off though!!!
  21. Aug 1, 2011
    First, the bad stuff: Humor that could be derived from Sue Sylvester (and Jane Lynch) has been run to the ground, and "Glee" has sacrificed what could've been amazing plot and occasionally made some EPIC FAILS (Rocky Horror, anyone?). The Superbowl episode ("The Sue Sylvester Shuffle") would've been great if the opening number was improved and if there were less references to previous plots. Sure, there were some highs for this season (episodes 1, 2 (for me, at least), 4, 8, 9, 12, 16, 20, and 22), but nothing could top the amazing-ness that was its first season. Anyway, some of the songs were covered greatly, and some plots worked wonders on the show, but I wish to see more consistency and humor in this show. Because its getting too dramatic. Naya Rivera (and, to an extent, Heather Morris) improved so solidly this season, while Jane Lynch (unfortunately) was run to the ground. I wish this show would improve next season (now that they have new writers). Expand
  22. Feb 3, 2012
    Season 1 (9/10)
    Season 2 (8/10)

I think they had some very good story lines and situations in this season though i don't much remember now but the Sexy and Alcohol episode were some of their most original and innovative work. Gwyneth Paltrow was honestly the best Guest actor of that year for me. Some great songs choices and performances.
  23. Jul 18, 2013
    The second season of Glee starts really good and as it goes great things happen in the series. people die and scandals happen but the worst thing is the final episode which was so bad that it made me wanna stop watching glee.
  24. Oct 13, 2010
    So far, not as good as the first season. The episode focusing on Spears was terrible, but the rest was pretty good. The acting is still great and the writing is funny, but it needs a little push.
  25. Oct 12, 2010
    The show has lost some of its luster in season 2. Coach Bieste is a good foil for Sue Sylvester and the boys of the group. But the music has become too saccharine, as of late. Maybe good songs will show up later, and the show will get its (foot)balls back.
  26. May 5, 2012
    Season 2 of Glee is a bit of a hit and miss, plot wise it was good standout was the one involving Kurt, A Closeted Gay Bully and the Dalton Academy Warblers. When it came to songs however it was too new and mainstream. What made the first season so great is that it introduced old songs to this generation. Also we had one too many tribute episodes, though some of them we're pretty good e.g. The Fleetwood Mac episode. Also this season has a a lot of great guest stars including the extremely talented Gwyneth Paltrow.
    Overall it's a good season just make the songs better for next time, eh?
  27. Nov 28, 2012
    Not as good as the last season, but it still shines. Glee have finally find its place and fans are thankful for that. The music is just better and acting also. Storylines are still good, but sometimes are a little confusing and without any purpose. I still like to see those teens problems, and along with those beautiful voices even better, so Glee is not getting down, just the opposite.
  28. May 24, 2012
    It is a decline from last season. I didn't like or dislike the show. It just felt very neutral with the acting. The plot for the whole season is average and boring. The show is lifted by the singing performances. But overall, the show is "good to average".
  29. Dec 5, 2010
    I used to like glee, however I am beginning to dislike it more and more every episode. Boring characters, annoying cliches and using guest stars to make up for the fact that they have no new material makes me not even want to watch it anymore.
  30. Apr 1, 2012
    The Second season makes the characters you fell in love with annoying and not very funny as this show slowly goes from comedy to crappy soap opera. Glee season two is lackluster.
  31. BKM
    Oct 26, 2010
    I still haven't figured out the appeal of this show. To me it is painfully superficial and quite frequently mean-spirited in its humor (which does not automatically make it sarcastic or witty) and each hour feels interminable. The show also seems to be straining to show everyone how cool it is. As for the music, it is generally good, but the song selections never wander very far from the mainstream. It ultimately feels like the worst aspects of high school rehashed for a weekly tv series. Nothing less, nothing more. Expand
  32. Oct 13, 2010
    Although the cheerleader coach is hilarious, most of the show is obnoxious. They are all good singers, but they just redo already famous songs, so there isn't much originality. So many people I know love the show, but if I want to hear songs I love, I usually just go to the artist that sang it first to hear it.
  33. Oct 27, 2010
    My sister makes me watch this show every week and every time I wonder why people like this sort of crap. The only good thing about it is their version of journey. god help the sados who watch it
  34. Jul 25, 2011
    In the beginning I liked this show a lot, but it has definitely gone downhill. The show pretends to address many important social issues, but employs more stereotypes than most current TV shows, which results in lack of character development for most of the supporting cast. Many of the musical numbers are becoming stale, with the exception of those done by Darren Criss. Another big weakness is the excessive screentime that they give to the two lead characters Rachel and Finn who lack any kind of charisma. Many of the supporting characters are far more interesting. Expand
  35. Nov 25, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It wasn't funny, just teenage drama. Glee lost its essence and choose go deeper into the bullying situation. Santana and Brittany lesbians? That doesn't make any sense. New characters? All of them unnecessary and no charisma. Rachel, my favorite one, got boring. Expand
  36. Oct 19, 2010
    I honestly don't understand why people like this show. It never piqued my interest at all...maybe it's because i'm not a whiny fourteen year old girl.
  37. Dec 19, 2010
    I defer all my criticism to gleesucks.com. They've already said what I want to about this show, and in a much funnier way than I probably would have.
  38. Jan 1, 2011
    I used to love this show, season one was so great to watch, it had its weaker moments but overall it was spot on - the characters were interesting and behaved in an original way that was still somehow connected to the real world the rest of us live in. The songs had everything to do with the plots which weren`t just there, they also made sense. Now in season two Ryan Murphy seems to have run out of ideas, the show has become a shadow of its former self. The plots are basically non-existent, and the show uses its weak storylines as an excuse to perform any number of songs totally irrelevant to the characters and their development. I actually wanted to switch of most of the episodes while watching them - with one or two notable exceptions (The Rocky Horror Glee Show because it was a hat-tip to a classic and as that it was well done and the Gwyneth Paltrow episode because of Gwyneth Paltrow). Still, I am so disappointed with this shows development, even though I would gladly have given season 1 a ten, I 'll go for the big zero here. Expand
  39. Mar 2, 2011
    I tried to watch the episode after the Super Bowl and even the actual Thriller dance was a bore. I really thought I was going to be able to pay attention to the episode especially since it was working up to the big halftime dance but who cares about these idiots and their problems. And the dance wasn't even that good. I much rather watch inmates at a prison in Korea.
  40. Mar 27, 2011
    Glee season 2 did not sustain the interest people had in it during the 1st season. This season does not have direction in its storylines, nor does it have valid points in their arguments. It's quite obvious that the writers are running out of ideas, and if they ever had one, it was quite silly and childish. The songs have become more "unoriginal". They have chosen bad songs and made those bad songs worse... I have yet to hear a song this season which I love as an original and loved their remake as well...You would say: I love the original WAAAAY better than this BS. Glee has lost its touch. It used to incorporate songs wonderfully into their story... but this season, the songs are just mainly songs, chosen to "at least" link the story to the character, which in most cases, fails.
    Sue Sylvester is one example of a character who is not a character, but an unexplainable concept. One episode she's protecting students from bullying, but in most episodes, she is a bully. The question is, even if the people in that show are make-believe, do the writers want its viewers to hate people like Sue (there are no such characters such as sue sylvester) or just hate a concept like Sue Sylvester, so in essence, hate their writing?
    I would not be surprised if people get tired of watching glee, because I got tired of it after the 1st episode of the 2nd season. My sister asks me: what's on TV? It takes us both some time to remember there is such a show such as glee, and we only watch it in the hope it makes up for its bad episodes...but it never comes. Glee isn't a memorable show anymore. You would hate it for several reasons now, and by the way things are going, you would hate it more after several more episodes, the hate would just keep on piling, and then there will come a time you would forget the reasons why you watched it in the first place.
  41. May 24, 2011
    This show has become possibly the worst show on TV. The show is obnoxious and not funny whatsoever. The singing has gotten boring, I loved the first season, but the second season was horrible.
  42. Jul 15, 2011
    I am absolutely fine with homosexuality, but this show tries too hard to change people and the way that they think. Fox should cancel this while they still have the chance.

1. Reviewed by: Matthew Gilbert
    Oct 26, 2010
    It has become a powerful, promotional machine, long on hype and short on the human feeling--the glee--that once made it so addictive.
  2. Reviewed by: Heather Havrilesky
    Oct 22, 2010
    Has there ever been a TV show that's at once more delightful and cringe-inducing at the exact same time than Glee? Ever since it returned for its second season, this off-kilter dramedy has been nailing its high notes while still flaunting its many flaws with even more bravado than before.
  3. Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Oct 21, 2010
    In its second season, the high school musical comedy occasionally flies off the rails...But maybe that's to be expected from this aggressively inventive pop fantasy, where mundane details like homework never matter. [1 Nov 2010, p.41]