• Network: FOX
  • Series Premiere Date: May 19, 2009
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5
6.2

1. Sep 30, 2011
    God, does this show just suck. The dialogue sounds like it's written by baboons. The singing sounds like computerized voices (because it is). Everything about this show has no class or quality. Watch Modern Family or Raising Hope or Parks and Recreation (the best show on television) instead.
  2. Oct 1, 2011
    I'm a teenage girl who hates this show, so that stereotype is not true. They have good singing voices but everything else sucks. I don't get the hype. I like Raising Hope (the show on after this) better.
  3. Oct 20, 2011
    I never really cared for this show before. I always judged it negatively without even watching it, but one day about 2 months ago i saw the first season on netflix so i decided to watch it. I was a gleek from the first 10 minutes. I love this show! Its hilarious and dramatic at the same time. I hate Sue Sylvester yet i love her at the same time because she is drop-dead funny. The first season was awesome, then the second season was even more awersome, and so far the third season is just as awesome. I love Glee, and im an 18 year old guy, you should give this show a chance. Its definitely worth an hour of your tuesday night. 10/10 definitely! Expand
  4. Oct 19, 2011
    Glee season 3 has been off to a good start, living true to its promise of 'back to basics' with the characters we've grown fond of for the last two seasons. The song covers are as brilliant as ever, which probably majority would be appealing to Broadway fans, but it still caters to folks with an ear for both retro and latest music. Nonetheless, I look forward to more of the creative mash-ups coming soon. And the growth of a new glee club has put new dimension to the idea of show choir competition as New Directions take on another journey towards the very much coveted Nationals win. And all this right in the middle of high school dilemmas ranging from high school political race, musical auditions and very interesting relationship developments among the Glee Club members. A very must-see season for every Gleeks at heart! Expand
  5. Apr 1, 2012
    Glee season three has great guest actors, but is rarely funny anymore, rarely inspiring, rarely moving, rarely good. Glee is no longer the show people fell in love with. Glee season three is awful.
  6. Mar 23, 2012
    I'm a musician and I hate it when pop-music becomes bland and auto-tuned, and I hate most television. In addition, season 2 of Glee had me turned off of the series completely. Wow. Did season 3 ever change everything for me. With a socially conscious storyline, interesting characters and a finger on the pulse of the national zeitgeist, Glee has come into it's own. This is the best show I've seen in years, and has finally matured into an excellent series. Not one episode has disappointed me this year, and I feel like the music has gotten better in the choices they make and the method of performing, (the "auto-tuning" I thought I heard in the first and a bit of the second season seems totally absent now, but maybe I was hearing things in the first place). The mid-season finale was superb and completely shocking. I can't wait for more. Expand
  7. Oct 23, 2011
    Glee is finally back to what made this show really popular and good! The show is back with really good storylines, continuity, great acting and less music to concentrate on the storylines! :D
  8. Sep 21, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. "Glee club is trying to recruit and no one is interested!" and "Sue is trying to destroy the arts are just the repeated plot for the show. Come on, it is already season 3. it should have been taken to a new heights considering some of them are leaving the show this season. the writers could have done more with the show. it would have been great to see the club being successful and tackling bigger issue other than the sue sylvester and no people joining the club. i love the show back then but if the show keep on being like this, my interest will just sink bit by bit until zero left. Expand
  9. Oct 27, 2011
    I LOVE THISSSS SHOWWWWWW. THERE ARE SO MANY WONDERFULLY YOUNG AND OLD PLAYERS IN THIS PARTY OF A PROGRAM. THE FIRST FEW EPISODES WERE LESSER BUT I KNOW THAT GREATNESS IS YET TO COME. CANT WAIT FOR THE NEW EPISODES TO COME BACK. THAT IS THE ONLY THING TO HATE ABOUT THE SHOW IS THE BREAKS!!!!!! TV'S MOST IMPORTANT HIGH SCHOOL DRAMA CLUB!!!!
  10. Nov 2, 2011
    An undeniably awful piece of trash that relies on the same plot lines every season. Thank God the ratings are bombing so there is yet another excuse to cancel this abomination.
  11. Nov 10, 2011
    Glee came back but with hugh difference, instead of continuing with his hilarious pop plots, the writers decided to return to Glee's roots! More Brodway than Britney, more drama than sit-com, glee reflects conflicts of adolescents with humor and maturity without falling into absurdity.
  12. Dec 14, 2011
    The Xmas show season 3 was awful dull dry and boring to no end. The B/W special was never ending and pointless to absurdity and I just wanted to turn it off for the first time in my years of watching Glee. The rest of it had small moments but it was a total loss and of no interest for me to rewatch ever again. I felt like a scrouge with a bad hair day but there was nothing there to enjoy in the least. Sad I wasted an hour on that episode hope the rest of the season is better. Expand
  13. Mar 2, 2012
    The problem with Glee is that its always been overrated. However, its has also always been very good, however, the first season was outstanding and I could never have imagined myself feeling like giving up on the series. Funnily enough I still haven't.. I keep hoping it will get better. Its still funny, but now bordering on ridiculous. It's become a shadow of what it used to be. It still maintains its great humour and light-heartedness, but it has gotten the point where its now saccharine sweet and somewhat gimmicky. There is no need to be specific on what has changed, many can see what it is. Expand
  14. Feb 7, 2012
    Season 1 was great, Season 2 fine, Season 3 OMG this show is so awful! The worst of everything is that they´re having the same mistakes ever. Really, this show had never been good. It´s like a trick..
  15. Mar 25, 2012
    The first season of Glee was phenomenal - the first show I had found that represented many walks of life in a positive, creative light. It had drama and humor in all the right places - exquisite plot points; essentially every episode left with me wanting more. The second season was really no different, coming into parodies of different other musical performances was entertaining and highly enjoyable. However, this third season started out well, but I am afraid has more or less fallen on a flat note.
    Basically, the third season, so far, has included drama centering around characters we know little to nothing about, Sugar, the Irish kid, and that black football player guy. Does anyone care about these characters? Oh, it's so sad that the Irish kid is picked on, and now he's being deported. Honestly, he said he'd been home sick in the first episode he was in, and then, a few episodes later, with no further character development, all of a sudden the Glee club is his home away from home, and he doesn't want to leave. There was an entire episode centered around who Sugar would date for Valentine's Day, which is just boring and superfluous. And Mercedes is 'torn' between this black guy we know nothing or care nothing about, and Sam who we know and love. There is no character development on these newer characters, and the drama is centering largely around them, and then some other stupid plot points around some of the better known characters. And what's with the sudden wardrobe changes for everybody? We all know these actors are not teenagers, but in the first and second seasons, they at least dressed like teenagers - now they look their age, which is late twenties and sometimes early thirties... why? Quinn looks like she's 27...
    In other words, huge Gleek here, but the only episodes I have liked in this season have been the Michael episode (though whether this is due to content or the theme of the episode I am not sure) and the finale, with Karofsky and Quinn both in danger - because honestly, I care about them finally, not about the Irish kid (since I can't even come up with his name, Rory is it?) and Sugar (an annoying girl who can't sing but is in the Glee club because her father has money?)
  16. May 24, 2012
    I must say that this is certainly not the best season of Glee, seasons 1 and 2 are way better than this one. The scenes in this show are way too silly and ridiculous. Their acting performance is average. But I really liked their songs and their singing performances. I give them credit just to the singing but not to the overall presentation.
  17. May 26, 2012
    At the beginning of the season it was off to a promising start and then it went off into another direction and become extremely terrible.
  18. Jan 10, 2012
    So bad that I can laugh at how bad it is. This review is better written than the scripts for the show. Everything is so transparent and stereotyped and ridiculous. I can't believe it's still on television.
  19. Oct 13, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I was a fan of the show during its first season. At first glance it seemed like all the stereotypes of all the characters were skin deep, and as you moved further down the season, you go to see them grow and evolve. The teenager characters were ideally meant for kids, while the music director (Will), his wife, the counselor, and the gym coach were there to give a different more "adult" perspective.

After season 1, though, as with a lot of shows, the creators obviously ran out of ideas. They have reused old gags and storylines again and again, merely replacing the obstacle between Will and the counselor with a new spouse. Sue remains the arch-nemesis intent on destroying the Glee club (and each time failing), without growing as a person. The low point being how "she was evolving" after the death of her sister...

Season 3, I had hoped would get better after they promised a re-haul and move back to old storylines that made the original series great. After the first episode with a highly judgmental and unlikable Will, I wasn't too convinced. Four episodes in, most of the characters are one note, redundant, and doomed to never learn anything. Compared to their first season counterparts, they are spoiled and feel more like the cartoon canvases, without actually being funny.

The marked decline in ratings is a testament to this series failure to entertain.
  20. Apr 7, 2012
    Let's face it, Glee has become a phenomenon. Not only does it have many fans who love it, Glee seems to have just as many folks who despise the show's popularity. Whether or not you agree that Glee deserves the praise it gets (I most certainly think it does), no one can deny that Ryan Murphy has created something that will be remembered for years to come.
  21. Apr 12, 2012
    Still the most positive, fun show on TV. Yes it can be silly and have plot holes bigger than the grand canyon, but its means a break from all the reality and crime shows. The music is great, sometimes the Glee versions are superior.
  22. Aug 7, 2012
    Glee, Season 3 is still a very entertaining show, providing everything in a single episode. We have, comedy, drama, good musical performances, but there were some choice of songs that were weaker than the previous series. Somestorylines were really good like Santana's homosexuality, Karosky's suicide, Shelby's relationship with Puck and Quinn's behavior were favorable, yet i thought the idea of Finn as the bestman was kinda silly, but it makes sense since Mr. Shue is very attached to him in particular and Sam's return was quind of quick. Overall, it was really good but with a little more relevance in some storylines, it would have come close to the previous season, which I thought was even better than the first one. Expand
  23. Jul 21, 2012
    Well, I'm a brasilian gleek and that's my first review, so excited! Let's talk about the Glee's season three. I gotta say that it was the worst season of the show, the story was just focused in a couple of characters. Sue, Kurt, Will, Finn, they're main characters too, they're like Rachel, but they disappeared.
    One thing I really liked on Season 2 is that everybody had a story, tracks to
    sing, well, everybody appeared. Brittany, Quinn, Sam, Artie, Tina, Mike, Mercedes, everybody. In this season, I just saw Rachel, Santana and Blaine's solos (he performed so many solos, it was a pain in the neck). AND GUESS WHAT? Sue is a good person in this season? God, srsly, wtf? Sue must be mean, not preggers, haha.
    I don't like Finchel like everybody do, the 03x22 was good and I knew that the season 4 will be focused in Rachel. She's the best character in Glee, yes, she is, but everybody should have a story and a song. Ryan Murphy should know that.
  24. Nov 28, 2012
    Better than the season 2, not as good as the first one. Teens problems are worse now, and acting is just amazing. Music is having another purpose in the story and I like that. The way they decided to talk about hard things like losing the virginity, even if you are straight or not, and things like a teacher having sex with her student are just.... wow. Glee is doing things right, but there are still some problems. Expand
  25. May 19, 2013
    Oh the frustration I had when I watched season 3 of Glee. It was just a big dysfunctional mess. The plot was a hot mess, and the characters changed so much. Since when did Kurt stop being Mercedes BFF? The only A+ episode was "Asian F." But besides that episode, the season was mess.
  26. Jul 25, 2013
    Though this season of glee started really bad and it was boring and lame and you wanted to stop watching that show. A few episodes after the first 5 the third season of glee gets better as it had better songs and some thing going on. I will watch the fourth season and i hope it is better than this one. I felt really sad that some of them graduated and they are leaving now. However it is still entertaining but the other two season were much much better Expand

There are no critic reviews yet.