• Network: NBC
  • Series Premiere Date: Aug 8, 2012
7.8

1. Aug 27, 2012
    I would expect "Go On" to have a good start, since Matthew Perry, like the rest of his "Friends" castmates, brings his own fanbase to the...table.
    I found it slightly above average and a bit uneven. It's got some promising stuff and characters in there, but they'll have to work on it to make it a good show.
    I still find it problematic to use group psychotherapy as material for sitcom
    I still find it problematic to use group psychotherapy as material for sitcom jokes. Making the participants of a group sessions do silly stuff may not at all be helpful for them opening up.
    But still, the sessions are not as terrible as in "Anger Management".
    So I'd say give the show a try, even If you're not a Matthew Perry fan.
  2. Jan 4, 2013
    The first episode shows the intent of this comedy: to mix 3rd rate drama with 3rd rate comedy. Ugh. Matthew Perry is saddled with this crap, when what he needs is good writing. Solution? Disband the Hollywood Writers' Guild, home of mediocrity.
  3. Sep 28, 2012
    Of all the stuff that Mr. Perry has done since Friends this is probably the most promising. Unfortunately, that's not saying much. While Perry's sarcastic wit is allowed to shine in this series the supporting cast adds almost nothing.

1. Reviewed by: Glenn Garvin
    Sep 11, 2012
    Beneath its estimable comic trappings, Go On is something larger: a meditation on what makes life worth living.
  2. Reviewed by: David Hinckley
    Sep 11, 2012
    Maybe the best new sitcom of the fall is one of the first.
  3. Reviewed by: Neil Genzlinger
    Sep 10, 2012
    The comedy in the show is a grab bag, sometimes subtle, sometimes self-consciously outlandish.