Gossip Girl : Season 1

Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
7.9

1. ETV
    Apr 21, 2012
    My guilty pleasure!!! At first. But I know proudly say I love GG. The first season was full of epic moments and is now one of my all-time favourite shows. You must check it out if you like ott drama
  2. Sep 12, 2011
    oh my god! where do I start... This show is amazing. Lots of drama, cliffhangers, sex, lies and scandals! is the best show I have ever watched in my entire life. L O V E I T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  3. Dec 7, 2010
    I LOVE gossip girl. The characters are absolutely divine and the plot is delicious. I easily watched the first, second, and third season within 3 weeks and did this after school.It definitely has me hooked. And what I love about it is that it isn't just like any typical teenage drama it's just really creative and surprising and the plot always thickens.
  4. Mar 2, 2015
    The show had amazing character development. I really felt like I could relate to the characters although we had nothing in common. My only complaints with the show was the amount of irony. It seemed like if things weren't going right for a particular character it was because of an irony. Like *spoiler* when Chuck slept with Jenny when he thought Blair didn't show up to the Empire StateThe show had amazing character development. I really felt like I could relate to the characters although we had nothing in common. My only complaints with the show was the amount of irony. It seemed like if things weren't going right for a particular character it was because of an irony. Like *spoiler* when Chuck slept with Jenny when he thought Blair didn't show up to the Empire State Building. She showed, she was just late because Dorota went into labor. And he is too proud to wait for more than 5 minutes. So as soon as they were back together and happy, they were over. Also they introduced WAYYYY to many new characters over the course of the life of the show. Every other episode a new person was introduced. It was exhausting. All in all I loved the show. Expand
  5. Nov 18, 2010
    Love, love, LOVE this show. Love the romance between Blair and chuck! I love their chemistry! And let's not forget the awesome fashion!! Keep up the good work everyone. This show deserves more recognition!
  6. Feb 28, 2011
    Gossip girl, where should i start. First the show is a bit silly and doesn't set up a good example . But its fun to watch , cause people haven't seen that teenage stupidity in those quantities.
    So teenages love it , its a hit . Will be watched.
  7. Sep 9, 2010
    The best tv show ever whats going on with season 2, 3 and 4 hellooooooo metacritic turn on the job of review the new season you morons This show is the best thing on TV and people are squirming because it shows teenagers in a negative light. nevermind that it is devilishly entertaining and well acted. heaven forbid you let your perfectly behaved little angels watch it. everyone knows youThe best tv show ever whats going on with season 2, 3 and 4 hellooooooo metacritic turn on the job of review the new season you morons This show is the best thing on TV and people are squirming because it shows teenagers in a negative light. nevermind that it is devilishly entertaining and well acted. heaven forbid you let your perfectly behaved little angels watch it. everyone knows you Tivo it and watch it once they're asleep. BAD PARENTS! Expand
  8. Ashley
    Oct 14, 2007
    I love the books and the show. It; does have the effect of gossip, and I can't seem to pull myself away from it. It's about the super elite, so of course some people won't like it.
  9. DonaldS
    Oct 6, 2007
    It's good. It's a teen soap, but it's a good teen soap. C'mon now people, let let the characters have some development time. It's everything I loved about "Rosswell" (season 1), "The O.C.", "Veronica Mars", "Buffy" (mainly highscool Buffy), and other such teen/highscool dramadys.
  10. KatieC.
    Sep 20, 2007
    Celebrity gossip sites, fast food, $100 jeans, and now Gossip Girl. This is the guilty pleasure that has been missing since the final season of the OC. It's a fun, mindless, and racy show. It doesn't have to have plot depth or character development--if you want those things, read a book. If you want to watch a mindless show with a beautiful cast and beautiful sets, watch Gossip Celebrity gossip sites, fast food, $100 jeans, and now Gossip Girl. This is the guilty pleasure that has been missing since the final season of the OC. It's a fun, mindless, and racy show. It doesn't have to have plot depth or character development--if you want those things, read a book. If you want to watch a mindless show with a beautiful cast and beautiful sets, watch Gossip Girl. I am. Expand
  11. TalL.
    Oct 4, 2007
    Has potential need to be matured up a little.
  12. BlairC.
    Jan 11, 2008
    Gossip Girl is amazing it Is one of the best shows I've ever seen. its complex plot and deep characters keep your interest.
  13. AshleyB.
    Mar 3, 2008
    I think this show is a good pass time, hard to keep up with if you don't watch it fully, which makes for a good mystery, Gossip Girl is exactly how Gossip is, treacherous, dangerous, and scandalous. It's a great show, the cast is great, no acting problems what so ever. Though the plot lines could be more diverse, but that is just me.
  14. AngieB.
    May 4, 2008
    It sucks bad sometimes, but sometimes it is awesome. The music, costumes and cinematography are pretty good. The actors work well with what they've got, but it gets pretty hard to say sentimental crap all the time. The scandal is often well-crafted. I think that's what brings me back.
  15. JaniceI.
    Jun 28, 2008
    Narratively more complex than you would expect, plumbs the depths of the tension between what you are and what you present yourself as when you are really trying to figure out what you want to become. Oh, and also, the chemistry & the fashion.
  16. JuliaM
    Oct 20, 2009
    This one of best tv-show - which I saw! This best!!! Anxiously wait continuations.
  17. jojomojo
    Jun 7, 2009
    This is seriously the best show ever. All the characters are actually really complex. Its is so addictive.
  18. KayaS
    Jan 12, 2010
    Well i think this show is for teenager girls. I always watch it and i have to admit its pretty great. Whats the point of commenting and saying you thought its the 'worst show ever made' ...your obviously a lad haha. I really dont know how you dare to be honest, if you dont like it then dont watch it, stupid. If you like Big Brother then you have to like Gossip Girl, BB is much Well i think this show is for teenager girls. I always watch it and i have to admit its pretty great. Whats the point of commenting and saying you thought its the 'worst show ever made' ...your obviously a lad haha. I really dont know how you dare to be honest, if you dont like it then dont watch it, stupid. If you like Big Brother then you have to like Gossip Girl, BB is much more bitchy and everybody is fake, yes mate i said it FAKE. lmao Expand
  19. KimR
    May 28, 2010
  20. SeabR.
    Nov 29, 2007
  21. AlanahM
    Oct 2, 2007
    Fun, dirty, naughty, sexy. It's not meant to be an eloquently written masterpiece. It's the worst kind of guilty pleasure, with all the stuff we loved from the OC (when it was good) plus NYC. Lots of back stabbing, gossiping, delectable drama. Love it.
  22. KevinC.
    Oct 4, 2007
    This show is so good and addicting. I like the acting, and the soundtrack is amazing.
  23. MikeM.
    Sep 20, 2007
    It took a while to get going but when it finally did it was terrific. It like a darker version of the OC.
  24. stephanies.
    Nov 3, 2008
    This is the best show in the world!!!! I dont know what i would do with out.
  25. KimR
    Nov 3, 2008
  26. PaulaV.
    Mar 17, 2008
    Love it!!!
  27. JulietteP.
    Mar 18, 2008
    Excellent show, brilliant actors: Gorgeous!!
  28. MattA.
    Apr 28, 2008
    I can't say it's as much a trashy guilty pleasure as the first season of The O.C. was, but it is still good stuff. The characters are more likable and the fact that it is set in New York is a huge plus, but The O.C. has the advantage of coming first. Other than that, great TV where you don't need to think.
  29. RobertD.
    Aug 3, 2008
    Think "The O.C." with more attractive, less 'quirky' (read: annoying) characters and an immensely engaging plot. This show makes no excuses for what it is - it's mindless TV at its best - and its fantastically entertaining!
  30. OllyCon
    Oct 23, 2009
    All of those who've gone and voted 0 have never had a "good" time, but I you've probably recognised more dan humpfrey in you than you're comfortable admitting.., loosen up yeesh! Between Chuck's witty banter, Blair's back-handed bitchiness, Dan's plausible black sheepiness and serena and nate's pretty little faces gawking nicely, the show is on the verge All of those who've gone and voted 0 have never had a "good" time, but I you've probably recognised more dan humpfrey in you than you're comfortable admitting.., loosen up yeesh! Between Chuck's witty banter, Blair's back-handed bitchiness, Dan's plausible black sheepiness and serena and nate's pretty little faces gawking nicely, the show is on the verge of chaos yet clings ever so gracefully onto the edge. It's a good show and I'm nicely hooked. Expand
  31. ee
    Oct 11, 2007
    Good, nasty teen fun. I love that it's shot entirely on location in NYC. Penn Badgley is delicious.
  32. HeronC.
    Oct 13, 2007
    Gossip Girl is fun , dirty and sexy.Gossip Girl is like The O.C , i loved
    Oct 17, 2007
    Can't help but watch the drama to see what happens next.
  34. EdieR.
    Oct 22, 2007
    i love it!
  35. Angie
    Oct 26, 2007
    I like it, it keeps me coming back for more.
  36. YokoJ.
    Oct 28, 2007
    I LOVE this show!!! I love how catty and unrealistic everything is for some reason. Jenny is my favorite!
  37. RobinR.
    Sep 19, 2007
    It wasn't bad - sorta of a updated highschool/prep school version of St. Elmo's Fire I thought. I would watch it again.
  38. AngelaN.
    Sep 19, 2007
    gossip girl was a great show. im appaulled that it got bad reviews, sure its nothing truly new but it's based on a book that has an incredible loyal fan base. so what if a newcomer doesn't appreciate it, long time fans are loving it, and support it all the way. so poo you if you hate it.
  39. ND
    Sep 27, 2007
    The people that won't like this show are the people who don't give a *#!& about the latest Britney fiasco or who in Hollywood is fighting. Some of us, however, are addicted to that stuff like crack. I agree with Katie C. - this is definitely candy in every sense. The cast is hot (though most don't pass as high school kids..who cares?). The story lines are exciting and The people that won't like this show are the people who don't give a *#!& about the latest Britney fiasco or who in Hollywood is fighting. Some of us, however, are addicted to that stuff like crack. I agree with Katie C. - this is definitely candy in every sense. The cast is hot (though most don't pass as high school kids..who cares?). The story lines are exciting and slightly evil. It's not Shakespeare, but it's what I want to watch after a long day. Expand
  40. KimR
    Mar 24, 2008
  41. juliar
    Jan 14, 2009
    I consider this show to be an 8, only because they wreck too many Chuck and Blair scenes. They could've been together so many times by now
  42. EmilyC.
    Nov 12, 2007
    Oh my gosh! This is one of my favorite shows, I download it and watch it every week. Over and over at that. I love the actress that plays Serena, which is why I was first interested in the show and why I first watched it. I love the fact that it's so funny and unrealistic, but at the same time, it is the same kinds of things that happen in real life.
  43. EdieR.
    Nov 23, 2007
    i love it!
  44. AmandaB.
    Dec 25, 2007
    I love this show.
  45. Dec 10, 2010
    Im in love with this program! Although slightly hard to keep up the acting is great. The characters are well sided and have more to them than what might be seen through the few first episodes! The program was made for teenagers but can be enjoyed by many! My main problem with the show is that sometimes the plot lines seem to happen over and over again with each character but all in all IIm in love with this program! Although slightly hard to keep up the acting is great. The characters are well sided and have more to them than what might be seen through the few first episodes! The program was made for teenagers but can be enjoyed by many! My main problem with the show is that sometimes the plot lines seem to happen over and over again with each character but all in all I really do love this program Expand
  46. Nov 2, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. gossip girl is soooo awesome i just love the show i am watching every episode and i love the drama Expand
  47. Dec 30, 2011
    i watch every episode and i have bought the second season and the books.i love thiis series.i just love it!!but you must see many episodes to understand the next

It's one of the worst new series--but for its cardboard acting and writing, not for the morals.
  2. Entertainment Weekly
    Reviewed by: Ken Tucker
    The cast is as good as its target demo, but I admire its fleet pace and sly craft. [21 Sep 2007, p.72]
  3. It's so consumed with its of-the-moment zeitgeist embodiment that it forgets to give its characters any depth beyond their reshaped noses.