6.8

1. KO
    May 9, 2007
    Keith, How dare you compare this garbage to Reno 911. Here's the comparison: When I watch Reno 911, I laugh. When I watch Halfway Home, I curse Comedy Central for not running a Reno 911 rerun instead. Then I change the channel.There's got to be something else on. "Harnessing lead's unique powers" on the History Channel? Anything?
  2. dyand
    Mar 15, 2007
    Unexpected. And smart. Yes, smart. I was expecting something crude, but it has this funky sensitibility that I loved. Okay, and it's got some hilarious crude stuff, too.
  3. KrisM
    Mar 30, 2007
    This show is hilarious! It's smart, funny and fresh! The characters are great, especially Kenny! Just wish I started watching it sooner. I'm now hooked! Comedy Central.... stop... with the reruns of Scrubs and start airing more promos for your new shows, to help your loyal views find what else you have to offer. Way to go with HWH!
  4. EricN
    Apr 1, 2007
    Very funny! Does not deserve the low critical rating it is getting. Worth it just to see Oscar Nunez. He's great on The Office, but under-used. He was terrific as the Homeland Security office on Reno 911.
  5. CB
    Apr 6, 2007
    god awful
  6. MikeF
    Mar 15, 2007
    Loved this thing. Different in the best way.
  7. aprilm
    Mar 15, 2007
    Great show. Anyone who can relate to the streets and inner city living can relate to this show
  8. Mr.Hankey
    Mar 15, 2007
    I will be the first one to tell you that Comedy Central has made some horrible shows (i.e. Mind of Mencia) but this one may just take the cake. Halfway Home is not funny and was not even entertaining. South Park geared me up for something fun but not stupid or shallow but instead of getting something fun, I get a tremendous blunder in the works. If you bothered to watch this show I will be the first one to tell you that Comedy Central has made some horrible shows (i.e. Mind of Mencia) but this one may just take the cake. Halfway Home is not funny and was not even entertaining. South Park geared me up for something fun but not stupid or shallow but instead of getting something fun, I get a tremendous blunder in the works. If you bothered to watch this show you'd understand that the convicts are pretty much the stereotypical poster childs of jail cells. Expand
  9. PhilL
    Mar 16, 2007
    Let me get this straight. Since Comedy Central ditched the critically acclaimed Chappelle's Show and hilarious Conan O'Brien reruns they have given us instead Naked Trucker, Reno 911, Sarah Silverman Program, Mind of Mencia, Freakshow, and now this? A trash show made by trash for trash. I'm cancelling my cable subscription.
  10. MihaiP
    Mar 25, 2007
    This show will make you dumber. It exemplifies the stream of garbage that American TV networks are putting out nowadays. It's offensive, no matter how you look at it. This show makes me wish that more stringent laws existed on what could go on the air. And it's not funny, at all. The characters are fake, they promote racial stereotypes, the writing is terrible, I can't This show will make you dumber. It exemplifies the stream of garbage that American TV networks are putting out nowadays. It's offensive, no matter how you look at it. This show makes me wish that more stringent laws existed on what could go on the air. And it's not funny, at all. The characters are fake, they promote racial stereotypes, the writing is terrible, I can't think of one single positive thing to say about this show. It's like a modern day minstrel show. Expand
  11. DBo
    Apr 2, 2007
    D Bo says this show is great, my sister baby daddy is friends with the show managa. I think it very humorous. Moore people should watch this show, cuz i say so
  12. KevinO
    Apr 25, 2007
    Matthew Gilbert of the Boston Globe said this show has "more sparks of originality than TV's top-rated comedy, 'Two and a Half Men.' " He's right. That's good for a point.
  13. FawnH.
    May 16, 2007
    Pure comedy! You must have the right sense of humor to appreciate a show like this. I can't wait for it to come out on DVD. I laugh the entire episode. Sad the season finale is tonight...
  14. beth
    May 17, 2007
    what a waste of talent
  15. FrisbinatorV.
    May 18, 2007
    The African Americans in this show over-act in an attempt to fit into the typical stereotype, but they come across as just annoying and unnatural. The premise for this show is clever, I just don't care for most of the cast.
  16. ThatGuy
    Mar 15, 2007
    It really wasn't at all, the jokes were terrible as well.
  17. jackj
    Mar 24, 2007
    Halfway Home is a character-based show -- and it's great. The characters are vividly drawn and real, probably because their improvising a lot (they say). Halfway Home is excellent. I stumbled onto it and I'm staying. You haters -- why?
  18. KeithD
    Mar 29, 2007
    A cheap Reno 911 wannabe that fails on all counts. The characters are obnoxious and unbearable, the situations contrived and unfunny. The reason they try to make it seem like a reality show is because it's blatantly obvious how weak it is when viewed as a scripted comedy.
  19. LisaM.
    May 16, 2007
    This is one of the funniest shows I have ever seen on television. Unfortunately, since it's humor is the smart/witty kind (ala Arrested Development and Sons and Daughters) which doesn't use a laugh track to explain to the audience when it's supposed to be funny (ala Everybody Loves Raymond and Till Death) it most likely will not find an audience in America. Such a shame - This is one of the funniest shows I have ever seen on television. Unfortunately, since it's humor is the smart/witty kind (ala Arrested Development and Sons and Daughters) which doesn't use a laugh track to explain to the audience when it's supposed to be funny (ala Everybody Loves Raymond and Till Death) it most likely will not find an audience in America. Such a shame - it's easily one of the funniest shows on television. Expand
  20. DavidA.
    Aug 28, 2007
    I watched this show a couple times and from what I have seen, it's nothing special. Comedy Central brings out some boring shows because they tend to be humorous for people who have horrible sense of humors. This show is just boring, idiotic, and not funny. Does every show like this have to throw in a elegant racist, enraged fat woman who likes food, a black man who steals stuff, a I watched this show a couple times and from what I have seen, it's nothing special. Comedy Central brings out some boring shows because they tend to be humorous for people who have horrible sense of humors. This show is just boring, idiotic, and not funny. Does every show like this have to throw in a elegant racist, enraged fat woman who likes food, a black man who steals stuff, a gay mexican, etc. Why? simply this show is horrible. Comedy Central really needs to jump the gap here and make some good TV shows. Expand
  21. Dec 9, 2011
    I agree that it was pretty funny and enjoyable but it simply wasnt well written and the plots around the show were rather generic and stupid. I think people still would enjoy though it they catch it on DVD, I did.

The show... is juvenile, vulgar, and crude, and yet, I still think it contains more sparks of originality than TV's top-rated comedy, "Two and a Half Men."
    A mildly amusing way to spend a half an hour.
  3. Reviewed by: Josh Wolk
    Like many post-Curb Your Enthusiasm unscripted series, Home has sloppy, lip-service plots with scattered inspired moments, but nothing that makes a satisfying whole. [16 Mar 2007, p.64]