• Network: ABC
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 30, 2009
4.1

1. JRH.
    Oct 2, 2009
    Sad to see Kelsey Grammer in such a pitifully unfunny show. Bringing the Frasier Crane character to Green Acres is a bad fit. I realized at the end of the premiere episode that I had not cracked even one small smile. This one is definitely a short-timer.
  2. JosephL.
    Oct 2, 2009
    Hackneyed, cliched dialogue; offensively loud laugh track; stereotypical characters. Can;t Grammer find a better vehicle than this? A total waste of time.
  3. KatJ.
    Oct 3, 2009
    This show is almost unwatchable. It's a lot like bad Community theatre without the empathy for unpaid nonprofessionals. I wonder if Grammer even looked at the script or just showed up for a check.
  4. PaulP.
    Sep 30, 2009
    Love Kelsey Grammer, but this is going to be an embarrassing blotch on his resume. They're trying to use Grammer's patented pomposity to play a kind of Jack Welch or Ted Turner who hits the skids, but here it isn't endearing, it's annoying and almost unwatchable. The rest of the cast is actually decent, but the tone's all wrong and the lines are out of the hack Love Kelsey Grammer, but this is going to be an embarrassing blotch on his resume. They're trying to use Grammer's patented pomposity to play a kind of Jack Welch or Ted Turner who hits the skids, but here it isn't endearing, it's annoying and almost unwatchable. The rest of the cast is actually decent, but the tone's all wrong and the lines are out of the hack sitcom writer's playbook. Would have given it a lower grade, but it's not awful, just a pointless waste of electrons. Truly, this is electronic babysitting for people who go into comas after work. Expand
  5. LizT.
    Sep 30, 2009
    Typical boring sitcom, but the laugh track nearly made me turn it off entirely. It's as if the writers needed to let you know which parts were supposed to be funny. I hate any show with a laugh track - it's insulting. I laugh tracks ticked me off even when back when I was a small child. Does anyone remember the laugh track on The Flintstones? It was a cartoon, for Pete's sake.
  6. MJ
    Oct 1, 2009
    Found myself laughing at lines- a LOT... I hope this one makes it- it managed to be very, very funny without resorting to off color jokes and innuendos. I can't help but wonder of the critics saw the same show.
  7. ShawnL
    Oct 19, 2009
    Not extremely funny, but will still give a good laugh here and then. At least it's clean and appropriate, which is something that most shows don't try to be these days. Give it a chance, it's not as bad as the critics say it is.
  8. SidL
    Oct 2, 2009
    Very much enjoyed it. Good clean family show.
  9. EstherM.
    Oct 3, 2009
    Bad writing. Overacted. Irritating.
  10. JasonS.
    Oct 1, 2009
    Very, very good. Best show I've watched this season.
  11. AngelaG
    Oct 8, 2009
    I like this show- characters aren't jaded, well except maybe the daughter. I like Hank's enthusiasm. And the idea of someone losing their job and having to start over is particularly relevant right now.

A junky sitcom that isn’t old school so much as mold school.
  2. Reviewed by: Paige Wiser
    The basic concept isn't bad. It's nice to see a captain of industry humbled, particularly now, but even that is unsatisfying in Hank.
  3. The show's main strength is the admirable comic acting ability of Kelsey Grammer and decent wordsmithing by sitcom veteran Tucker Cawley. But even with those assets, Hank comes across as familiar and formulaic--something you don't mind watching but wouldn't go out of your way to see.