• Network: CBS
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 20, 2010
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5
7.5

1. Sep 21, 2010
    Great show visually, fun music, and a funny cast that works together well. Although not the most complex or mind-bending show, definitely a fun mix of action and comedy and something exciting for everybody this fall season. Hope it stays as good as the pilot and makes it longer than half a season
  2. Aug 15, 2012
    This is an awesome TV series. I bought the first season and it became my favorite series. Almost every episode is just awesome and the characters are badass and funny. The 4 main characters are very different but they are a good team.The action scenes are very cool and gripping. There are everytime a lot of subthemes, not just the murder/kidnapping, which I love. After watching the finaleThis is an awesome TV series. I bought the first season and it became my favorite series. Almost every episode is just awesome and the characters are badass and funny. The 4 main characters are very different but they are a good team.The action scenes are very cool and gripping. There are everytime a lot of subthemes, not just the murder/kidnapping, which I love. After watching the finale I was literally stressing and I just WANTED to see season 2... If you're looking for an awesome TV series, don't look further than this. Expand
  3. Sep 22, 2010
    Hawaii Five-0 is fresh, updated and is well balanced, with all the memorable and intriguing characters, including women in high profile roles, such as brave rookie cop Kono and the state Governor, island culture, beautiful locale, current international crime situations, fantastic and humorous dialogue, action packed and the excellent iconic theme song. My family and I am looking forward toHawaii Five-0 is fresh, updated and is well balanced, with all the memorable and intriguing characters, including women in high profile roles, such as brave rookie cop Kono and the state Governor, island culture, beautiful locale, current international crime situations, fantastic and humorous dialogue, action packed and the excellent iconic theme song. My family and I am looking forward to upcoming new episodes and hopefully more new seasons on this iconic and memorable Hawaii Five-0. This show is unlike the beloved show that my grandparents and parents were devoted fans of, because it has been updated and modernized to reflect 2010. My parents also enjoy watching the new Hawaii Five-0 and are looking forward for more in upcoming weeks on CBS. Expand
  4. Oct 11, 2010
    Hawaii Five-0 is the kind of show you can just enjoy which you tend not to get any more! The production quality is great and to be on location rather than backlots for most of the show adds a lot to this kind of series.

To the people that didn't enjoy it: not every tv program has to be clever and/or deep with plot twists which makes users start up wikis to figure it out. If you don't like the show go get yourself examined as sometimes we just need some fun in our lives and Hawaii Five-0 delivers.
  5. Oct 21, 2010
    A solid action show with a lot of unexpected laughs. I had no desire to even watch the show until a friend demanded I check it out. While most of the stories aren't anything new or groundbreaking, the banter between the characters is outstanding. With great popcorn fare to fill in the gaps, it's a welcome addition to the fall line-up.
  6. Dec 20, 2010
    I don't understand why Alex O'Loughlin gets so much criticism for playing a character who's supposed to be uptight and tense in a way that's uptight and tense. I think he creates that image with just the right amount of subtlety and nuance for the medium of television--I don't want to see someone overacting and hamming it up, which is why I don't watch that much tv. Scott Caan is right onI don't understand why Alex O'Loughlin gets so much criticism for playing a character who's supposed to be uptight and tense in a way that's uptight and tense. I think he creates that image with just the right amount of subtlety and nuance for the medium of television--I don't want to see someone overacting and hamming it up, which is why I don't watch that much tv. Scott Caan is right on the edge of that, but he stays on the funny side most of the time. Grace Park is the weak link, I just can't quite buy her character, but it's peripheral enough that it doesn't really matter. I really enjoy action movies, but I haven't been able to stick with a tv one until now--I really hope it lasts. Expand
  7. Sep 4, 2011
    I am giving this a 10...you might ask why....

I am giving this a 10...you might ask why....

it's was a breath of fresh air into recent cop shows (believe me i watch them like the bible). The Chemistry between the main cast is great (gotta love the banter between Danno and Steve). It is cleverly written too, always keeping the show fresh and fun. The location gives the production a great feeling to the show If season 2 is as good as season 1 i will have no problem with tuning in.....
  8. Apr 9, 2011
    Love this show. What's not to like. There is plenty of action for the guys and great looking men for the ladies. Throw in beautiful Hawaii and a couple references to the former show and tadaaah grab a bag of popcorn and enjoy Monday night.
  9. May 17, 2011
    I just saw the whole season and I just loved it! It is very well scripted and the actors were made for the series.
    The season finale was breathtaking, really good and I just can't wait for season 2. The finale blew my mind away! It was completely unexpected. I congratulate the writers for making one of the best finale i have ever seen.
  10. Jul 23, 2011
    I have just watched the last episode of season 1 and can't wait for the next season to start. It is a thoroughly refreshing cops and robbers story and you know that right will out in the end. Very frustrated by the last episode and can't wait for the next season to start this autumn. Shoes.
  11. Apr 13, 2012
    This show is amazing! It's action packed, has interesting cases and great character chemistry! Love it without a doubt ;) (and that darn theme tune is just too catchy!)
  12. Oct 18, 2012
    Hawaii Five-0 is one of the most interesting shows out there. It does not take itself too seriously, thanks to the witty, back-and-forth banter between the characters. It also has a decent amount of action for a crime show keeping it fast-paced and exciting. Not to mention an awesome backstory.
  13. Apr 14, 2013
    A very good TV programme based on the original Hawaii Five-0. Would reccomend this. A very good show and Hawaii is quite a nice place also the actors are really good.
  14. Oct 10, 2013
    Hawaii Five-0 is a crime drama centered on an elite team of highly trained officers operating out of the beautiful Hawaiian Islands. This is NOT a cop drama. While they may be officers of the law, Hawaii Five-0 feels MUCH more like a James Bond movie than say, Law & Order in Hawaii. The technology the team uses is super hi-tech, and Steve McGarret, the lead man is an Ex-Navy Seal withHawaii Five-0 is a crime drama centered on an elite team of highly trained officers operating out of the beautiful Hawaiian Islands. This is NOT a cop drama. While they may be officers of the law, Hawaii Five-0 feels MUCH more like a James Bond movie than say, Law & Order in Hawaii. The technology the team uses is super hi-tech, and Steve McGarret, the lead man is an Ex-Navy Seal with Combat training that lead him to be a badass, fearless daredevil willing to take the craziest risks. Each episode features movie quality stunts like leaping out of helicopters, jumping off cliffs, faking deaths, and all sorts of well-written suspenseful, action packed plots. The scenery in this series is beautiful, truly breathtaking. Hawaii Five 0 also features a character named Kamakona, who sells Shrimp. He might just be the greatest comic relief character in any show, ever. It also has Masi Oka from Heroes. Watch this show. Trust me. Expand

While Hawaii Five-0 Mark II has none of its predecessor's cringe factor, the classic theme music retains its blood-rushing quality with a sharp, updated recording. And when McGarrett first utters the infamous line, "Book 'em Danno," we dare you not to let a little grin escape.
    The ingredients for eye-rolling failure are all here: Sample dialogue: "Your superiors say that you're the best they've ever seen"; foreign terrorists for bad guys; one female team member who makes Maggie Q from "Nikita" look like a prissy hack, and, oh, yes--it's an election year. But Hawaii Five-O works, and for one reason: Scott Caan, who is the second coming of cool.
    Hopefully the hyperactive series will mellow into a slightly less frenetic version of itself--out of budget necessity, if nothing else.