Hemingway and Gellhorn

• Network: HBO
  • Series Premiere Date: May 28, 2012
6.4

1. Jun 3, 2012
    I liked the acting more than the rest but the movie is well done. Not just a love story but a honest, vivid portrait of two important people that made our history but couldn't make a history for themselves. They were very similar but distant as well. The movie has faults but it's enjoyable. I don't understand the bad criticism. It's an old style movie, one of those epic movies they used toI liked the acting more than the rest but the movie is well done. Not just a love story but a honest, vivid portrait of two important people that made our history but couldn't make a history for themselves. They were very similar but distant as well. The movie has faults but it's enjoyable. I don't understand the bad criticism. It's an old style movie, one of those epic movies they used to do and somehow they stopped. Kidman is impressive, emmy-worth, she's magnetic, powerful, uber beautiful. Owen was a little bit ouf of sea but he did a good job after all. I suggest everyone to watch it, it's not a masterpiece but not that bad as many say. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Mike Hale
    May 29, 2012
    It's a disheartening misfire: a big, bland historical melodrama built on platitudes about honor and the writing life that crams in actual figures and incidents but does little to illuminate them, or to make us care about the romance at its center.
  2. Reviewed by: Matt Roush
    May 29, 2012
    HBO's woozy and often intoxicating Hemingway & Gellhorn [is] a sprawling docudrama (overlong at 160 minutes) about glamorous world adventurers whose weapons are words.
  3. Reviewed by: Ed Bark
    May 29, 2012
    Despite some shortcomings, Hemingway & Gellhorn rates as time and money well-spent.