• Network: NBC
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 25, 2006
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4
8.7

1. Apr 17, 2015
    Very captivating and a truly unique take on the superhero genre! I found myself hooked watching most of the season from 11 to 5 am. Its really cool how it somewhat differs from other known brands like Marvel and Dc with their own set of heroes yet this portrays a new perspective on powers already known and unkown with engaging characters that many will find interesting in their own way.Very captivating and a truly unique take on the superhero genre! I found myself hooked watching most of the season from 11 to 5 am. Its really cool how it somewhat differs from other known brands like Marvel and Dc with their own set of heroes yet this portrays a new perspective on powers already known and unkown with engaging characters that many will find interesting in their own way. Although realism wasn't seen much in the series with no strong scientific statements or footage on how the powers really work on the body or how they're even possible to exist but either way it has an interesting story and cast that will make you want more... Although i wouldn't say much about the rest of the seasons but they're worth a watch. Expand
  2. Dec 13, 2014
    I hoped it would be a great TV Series after season one. It was a little bit too long, but producers might want to build the tention - I thought. But no, there are actually 4 seasons with heroes with supernatural abilities and they totally don't use them. They don't fight, they just talk. It's such a waste of series potential. No wonder it was cancelled. It's like making Dr House withoutI hoped it would be a great TV Series after season one. It was a little bit too long, but producers might want to build the tention - I thought. But no, there are actually 4 seasons with heroes with supernatural abilities and they totally don't use them. They don't fight, they just talk. It's such a waste of series potential. No wonder it was cancelled. It's like making Dr House without the hospital. Expand
  3. Mar 31, 2014
    This was a very good series with very diverse characters, the story line did go a bit off track but I was overall entertained until the end. However I was extremely annoyed by the ending, not going to ruin anything for those who haven't watched it but putting up To Be Continued wtf ! I know the show got cancelled but atleast draw a conclusion or do a two-hour special concluding the series,This was a very good series with very diverse characters, the story line did go a bit off track but I was overall entertained until the end. However I was extremely annoyed by the ending, not going to ruin anything for those who haven't watched it but putting up To Be Continued wtf ! I know the show got cancelled but atleast draw a conclusion or do a two-hour special concluding the series, ending on a to be continued has and still pisses me off Expand
  4. Mar 11, 2014
    La primera serie que tuve la oportunidad de ver , esta primera temporada fue un aliciente y la mejor de todas, la introduccion de personajes como Peter, Nathan, Niki, Hiro y otro heroes mas y no olvidar al antagonista Sylar fueron simplemente geniales, esta serie era muy adictiva y no podia esperar para ver otro capitulo.
  5. Oct 7, 2013
    They should have never stopped producing episodes, this show was great The story gets a bit tangled every now and then and i think that's what kept me watching it always wanting to see what happens next.I think the actors play their role properly Yeah this mutant stuff might seem ripped off from x-men but...i think the story goes in a different way compared to the x-men so...it's worthThey should have never stopped producing episodes, this show was great The story gets a bit tangled every now and then and i think that's what kept me watching it always wanting to see what happens next.I think the actors play their role properly Yeah this mutant stuff might seem ripped off from x-men but...i think the story goes in a different way compared to the x-men so...it's worth watching, gladly recommending it Beware tho, prepare for a heartbreak since the ending was very sudden The rumours say they will continue the show with different actors ,for who's interested Collapse
  6. Jul 19, 2013
    Heroes has incredibly strong storylines, flawless character development, and wonderful music to accompany both characters and emotion packed scenes. Within it's first season it successfully explored the benefits and pitfalls having incredible (albeit somewhat deadly) gifts would have on the average citizen by exploring the aftermath of these gifts on a wide variety of characters (whichHeroes has incredibly strong storylines, flawless character development, and wonderful music to accompany both characters and emotion packed scenes. Within it's first season it successfully explored the benefits and pitfalls having incredible (albeit somewhat deadly) gifts would have on the average citizen by exploring the aftermath of these gifts on a wide variety of characters (which includes a New York politician, a nurse, a cheerleader from Texas, a comic book lover from Japan, and a working single mom) It's villain, Sylar, was compelling and creepy, and it's other antagonists, which included the charming Mr. Linderman and The Company, tied in the inevitable villain aspect of the whole hero-villain dynamic of the show. After it's first season, the show's quality diminished as some of the best parts of the show, (the individualized and initially isolated developments in the character's storylines especially) began to be overshadowed by increasingly overdramatic dialogue, an over exploitation of the tragic element of living with superpowers, and the self righteousness and sometimes plain stupidity and selfishness of some of the main characters that can easily irk a viewer. Even it's most frequent and compelling villain, Sylar, shifts from mysterious, deadly, and just plain scary to repetitive, whiny, and somewhat annoying as he somehow manages to escape death time and time again throughout all four seasons against all forms of logic to the contrary. All in all though, the acting is phenomenal, and it really is a wonderful show to get engrossed in despite it's flaws. Expand
  7. Apr 26, 2013
    The first season was amazing. I watch like 10 episodies at once. I start thinking about all mysteries and cant stop watch at next episody.

But, at season 2 i get bored, i stop watch becouse every think change. With the writer's strike the series come down, was never the same from the first season.
  8. Feb 16, 2013
    The first season was original, had great engaging characters and had an excellent plot. The ensuing seasons weren't able to capture my attention on the same level. The main Heroes are all very well developed and I found myself caring for everyone of them, including Sylar. It was certainly better than most of the superhero movies coming out every other year. I was unable to stop until IThe first season was original, had great engaging characters and had an excellent plot. The ensuing seasons weren't able to capture my attention on the same level. The main Heroes are all very well developed and I found myself caring for everyone of them, including Sylar. It was certainly better than most of the superhero movies coming out every other year. I was unable to stop until I reached the end. Expand
  9. Nov 9, 2012
    An absolutely captivating genre-beding show. It is nearly flawless.
  10. Aug 31, 2012
    I stopped watching this show when this season ended. Wanted to end on a high note, when the show was creative, very entertaining, thrilling and featured great characters.
  11. Mar 5, 2012
    First two episodes were boring as hell. Too slow and uneventful. But once you watch the third, you'll want to see what happens. It's kinda gripping and addictive because it's not fast paced but isn't mundanely slow. Every episode, something happens. It's good entertainment and keeps you hooked. Worth watching to pass the time and it has a wide range of acharacters. You can follow the storyFirst two episodes were boring as hell. Too slow and uneventful. But once you watch the third, you'll want to see what happens. It's kinda gripping and addictive because it's not fast paced but isn't mundanely slow. Every episode, something happens. It's good entertainment and keeps you hooked. Worth watching to pass the time and it has a wide range of acharacters. You can follow the story of ones you like but for all of them to link up, it takes a fair while. What makes Series 1 the best is how there's continuity. In Seasons 2 and 3, for example, the story lacks focus and just jumps around whereas in season 1 every cut from one character to another continues where it left off. It may seem slow but at least it's more engaging. Expand
  12. Sep 15, 2011
    My friend had told me that Heroes was a great show and I must watch it. So I started to watch seasons 1-4 the first two were good, but only if you like a show that only gives you questions as answer never giving you the full story. season 4 was the worst ever, from the terrible cast that they had added robert knepper I knew the show was just a waste of time after that. the guy couldnt actMy friend had told me that Heroes was a great show and I must watch it. So I started to watch seasons 1-4 the first two were good, but only if you like a show that only gives you questions as answer never giving you the full story. season 4 was the worst ever, from the terrible cast that they had added robert knepper I knew the show was just a waste of time after that. the guy couldnt act drunk after finishing a bottle of Whiskey. then they turn Claire into a lesbian which is cool but come on she could have any chick, but goes for the bridge troll which is her roommate. i spent 80 hours of my life watching this filth would normally want them back but claire is hot so..... Expand
  13. Aug 24, 2011
    To me (and no doubt many others), the first season of Heroes will always stand out as the best. If I were reviewing this show by season, I would give season one a 10. The other three seasons, although I still enjoyed them to some extent, just didn't measure up to the original. Season two was okay, season three was a bit better, and season four was okay, with a somewhat empty conclusion.To me (and no doubt many others), the first season of Heroes will always stand out as the best. If I were reviewing this show by season, I would give season one a 10. The other three seasons, although I still enjoyed them to some extent, just didn't measure up to the original. Season two was okay, season three was a bit better, and season four was okay, with a somewhat empty conclusion. Overall, definitely give the first season a chance. The other three are worth watching in my opinion, but don't expect too much. Besides, if you go into a show expecting little, then you'll be all the more impressed if something does end up exceeding your expectations. Expand
  14. Jan 30, 2011
    The first season started ok, but everything declined until the show was cancelled. Although it had some good points, after the first 2 seasons it really didn't make any sense to keep on trying to save it. The originality and driving force of the beginning simply was not there.
  15. Nov 26, 2010
    Heroes is a wonderfully creative concept. It does have many parallels to 'The 4400' which pre-dates this series but has developed interesting characters and story-lines. Even the 'bad guy', Silar is an understandable character in his own way. For the most part the casting is excellent and makes use of actors strengths.
  16. Nov 3, 2010
    This show was simply AWESOME. Nothing in the world can beat the concept and storyline, not even Harry Potter! Each episode had so much. The first season was amazing. Second season was the best. Third and Fourth weren't so good. Too bad that they had to kill it because of the high costs :|
  17. Oct 3, 2010
    The first series of Heroes was the best television I have ever seen. So inventive and so clever it really did eclipse anything I had ever seen before. I think its that idea of aspiring to achieve your goals whether you can time travel or are just a normal human being that really shines through. Shame that the writers strike killed the rest though.
  18. Sep 27, 2010
    I found heroes a very well done show. Nice character development, and a nice thick plot.
    Season one was definitely their best season. I wish they'd bring it back for another season or at least a special to conclude the series, how they'd cope with life with their secrets being exposed.
    I will miss heroes, hopefully they'd bring it back in the future. R.I.P Heroes.
  19. Aug 22, 2010
    A very styilish and creative sci-fi drama with complex stories and characters. Very disappointed that they just cancelled it without wrapping up the main storylines but in a way it kind of makes it the more memorable. This is one show that will demand to be revisited in the future and I predict that it will.
  20. MichaelS
    Jan 12, 2010
    When are they going to name a character 'Wolverine'? Its the only thing seperating this series from X-Men. I don't know if there was a series before X-Men that perhaps marvel ripped off, you'd have to assume there was. Regardless, the concept makes for a good story. The imagination of the viewer and what "could be" contributes more than anything the writers possibly When are they going to name a character 'Wolverine'? Its the only thing seperating this series from X-Men. I don't know if there was a series before X-Men that perhaps marvel ripped off, you'd have to assume there was. Regardless, the concept makes for a good story. The imagination of the viewer and what "could be" contributes more than anything the writers possibly could; although its the writers' efforts that give your imagination room to move with this series. Watch the episodes all at once rather than waiting week by week though because the series really drags on at times. Expand
  21. JT
    Dec 1, 2009
    I think I gave this show an honest shot (watching about half of the first season). And true, it does have some great potential, but the episodes are too long and drawn out and the acting is only so-so. This show has found a niche with its fans, sadly, it just doesn't work for me.
  22. Dennis
    Nov 18, 2009
    In its defense it seems like it could have a pretty cool plot, but the dialogue and acting are so unbearable that I honestly don't know how anyone can get that far into it. Oh, did I mention the acting was mind-numbingly awful?
  23. Ryan
    Feb 28, 2009
    The show does a great job of developing it's characters and making sure to mix action with plot. I hope that people who only care about flashy special effects and dislike plot don't get this show canceled.
  24. KevinC
    Jan 21, 2009
    Heroes season 1 felt like one long and awesome movie. I don't see what is so pretentious about the show, maybe some people just don't get it and like to call it pretentious. Or maybe some people don't like it because of the sometimes silly two and a half minute long narrator intros?
  25. AsIf
    Dec 19, 2008
    it is sometimes hardto follow but wheb you get the basic idea of the tv show you enjoy it load and are on the edge of your seats. I believe these critics have mostly underrated the show. I believe it is better having several people than just one person, it would make it boring all the time
  26. KevaughnH.
    Oct 27, 2008
    Amazing show that gives a different perspective on superheroes; a more realistic view of how a superhero really acts, unlike the comic heroes we normally get. It lets us see a different side of a hero and what they go through. The show isn't about high flying constant action, its actually about the hero and his/her experiences in a world without many others like themselves.
  27. ShaneM.
    Sep 11, 2008
    Absolutely fantastic show, the only one that I actually follow on TV. Love it!
  28. OrenI.
    Aug 3, 2008
    A lot of people are obsessed with this show. Way too overrated IMO. The plot line is good and all, but you never see any action. Even though these people have superpowers, they rarely use it. It is like a soup opera about "heroes". The only interesting plot line to follow is Peter's and Hiro's. Anything else is just...boring.
  29. markhr
    Jul 6, 2008
    Blows huge putrid chunks. Bad acting bad script writing, bad SFX, bad cinematography, bad direction, bad, bad, bad. Heroes is so bad it even makes the original Star Trek TV show, which I frikkin hate, look good.
  30. CoryD.
    Jul 1, 2008
    Interesting ideas and well thought through. Is it perfect? No, but it is better than anything else like it.
  31. KennyS.
    Jun 7, 2008
    Heroes is a great show, and isent like the other shows, it fully explains how these people got there powers and there are still more to discover. Its a great for all the superhero fans out there like myself, to get away and get some new things to see.
  32. ZaneS.
    Apr 23, 2008
    The show COULD be better. I'm not sure how, though. Maybe they can start with the acting, and the dialogue. The dialogue is so bad, it's hard to watch, same with the acting. My best friend is obsessed with this show, her boyfriend is also, and I'm still not sure why.
  33. EvelynE.
    Mar 29, 2008
    Awesome! you shouldn't take it so seriously.
  34. SusanL.
    Mar 1, 2008
    Save the cheerleader indeed. A cross between Fantastic 4 and Highlander with all sorts of reflections about diversity and mutation.
  35. JackR
    Feb 29, 2008
    The effects in the show make it fun to watch some times. The problem is that it takes itself way too seriously and because the dialog is so poor, it comes off as one of the cheesiest shows on TV. If it had more of a sense of humor I could probably watch it without gagging every 5 minutes.
  36. AlexR.
    Feb 23, 2008
    The last episode has a brilliant ending!
  37. DrewT
    Feb 15, 2008
    The professional critics are fools! this show is great on a number of levels.
  38. KyleA.
    Jan 20, 2008
    Good but quite unoriginal. Feel like I have seen it all before and while each episode is enjoyable, the ongoing plot isn't too strong.
  39. PartyLikeA.Rockstar
    Jan 7, 2008
    Phenomenal Show!The plot is sharp with a amazing group of actors.I think it isn't confusing and people who aren't sci-fi fans will still LOVE this show.I'm not particularly a sci-fi fan but still LOVE this show.The reason people don't like is it is because either the rich (which they call confusing) plot or the timing.If you don't like the show because of the Phenomenal Show!The plot is sharp with a amazing group of actors.I think it isn't confusing and people who aren't sci-fi fans will still LOVE this show.I'm not particularly a sci-fi fan but still LOVE this show.The reason people don't like is it is because either the rich (which they call confusing) plot or the timing.If you don't like the show because of the timing, that just means you really like it and can't wait for more.Trust me on this, this show is cool, suspenseful and as rich as chocolate cake. Expand
  40. RicardoS.
    Dec 27, 2007
    Kevin L. is an idiot. His rating does not make any sense. Anyway this is a fairly interesting show. The dialog is mediocre but the effects make up for it.
  41. HeatherC.
    Dec 21, 2007
    It's a show that grows on you. I have to admit, that in the beginning, I didn't like it. I hated it. Since I watch lost all the time, I was making all the comparisons. Weird freaky connections, black kids with superpowers, strange companies (dharma, the company), plot twists, no one in the hell knows what's going on. So I bashed it for a bit, calling it a Lost rip-off It's a show that grows on you. I have to admit, that in the beginning, I didn't like it. I hated it. Since I watch lost all the time, I was making all the comparisons. Weird freaky connections, black kids with superpowers, strange companies (dharma, the company), plot twists, no one in the hell knows what's going on. So I bashed it for a bit, calling it a Lost rip-off (they're very similar in the bare bones of things). Then Sylar happened. yes, Sylar. i admit, i think Sylar's hot. but mostly since he's the best villain i have seen. Ben on lost is just plain creepy but Sylar is complex and I understand what he's going though in a weird way... yeah, there are holes and yes the second season is a bit messy. but after the writer's strike is FINALLY over, i will be happy. because they're real. i am certain that if ordinary people mysteriously obtained superpowers, they would react in the ways the heroes people have. some would think this is a higher calling, others would use it for their advantage, and others would try to be rid of their powers. I've grown to deeply like it and i suppose my family is tired of hearing me praise Sylar all the time. plus for me, it's like lost never ended. Expand
  42. KevL.
    Dec 2, 2007
    Best show on the Box, the BBC better tie up season 2, those greedy sky punters already took LOST.
  43. ZoroCG
    Nov 30, 2007
    If you just ignore the silly voiceovers at the beginning and end of each show, the pretentiousness factor (which some of the more negative professional reviews above seem to refer to) drops down about tenfold.
  44. KlemenK.
    Nov 30, 2007
    This is the best show ever!!!
  45. GabbyR.
    Nov 28, 2007
    Fabulously written, directed, and (for the most part) acted. The beginning of the season 2 storyline should've been re-written, but this show still deserves a strong '10.'
  46. HeatherS.
    Nov 19, 2007
    It is an awesome show! I love it and look forward to watching it every Monday! The characters are great and the story line is pretty good, too. At the end of every episode it leaves you with a cliff hanger like no other! You get into the characters, and you can't do that with most shows!
  47. Jan
    Oct 31, 2007
    I just cant stand waiting for the next episode to come out, as usual. 10 out of 10 for this freaking unique effect. Not a lot of series made me feel like this...
  48. FredBob
    Oct 24, 2007
    Love the show, i think its one of the best TV shows of the last couple years. Great acting and well thought out plot line.
  49. sonjeC.
    Oct 20, 2007
    It's hard to disagree that this is an amazing show when EVERYONE in school watches it at least in NJ anyways kevin l how could u give it a 0 and say its best on dvd.
  50. SammyP.
    Oct 19, 2007
    One of the best series ever created.
  51. SteveG.
    Oct 16, 2007
    Now this - this - is the best TV show in a very long time. Hiro caught my attention during the first show, which I caught while channel surfing, and I fell in love with the bugger. I had not heard anything at all about the show, but I was hooked from minute one when he teleported to New York. The rest of the cast is as good, the mix is excellent, the writing as good as any on TV, and the Now this - this - is the best TV show in a very long time. Hiro caught my attention during the first show, which I caught while channel surfing, and I fell in love with the bugger. I had not heard anything at all about the show, but I was hooked from minute one when he teleported to New York. The rest of the cast is as good, the mix is excellent, the writing as good as any on TV, and the overall plot - "Save the cheerleader" - how can you not love it? Sylar makes a great, nearly impossibly powerful, bad guy, and Zachary Quinto's portrayal will maybe go down in the annals of TV history. It is a show I will always look upon as one of my favorites. Expand
  52. Natalie0
    Oct 8, 2007
    This show tries too hard. The acting is bad, and the characters lack depth.
  53. KevinL.
    Sep 24, 2007
    Shows like this are better off on TV BOXSET than television itself. Its countless plotlines and characters give it little room to develop over time and it is easily forgettable if you aren't paying enough attention to watch it weeks apart. Heroes is best on DVD.
  54. GitaA.
    Sep 23, 2007
    The show is very nicely. I like this film, and I can't wait for season 2.
  55. Calvin
    Sep 1, 2007
    This is the best tv series I've seen ever
  56. AlyA
    Aug 22, 2007
    Such a wonderful superhero show. I love it. The season finale left me wondering what else could possibly happen so of course I will be tuning in to the season 2 premiere.
  57. MelissaH
    Aug 22, 2007
    How can anyone not like this show? If you don't understand it you need to see it from the beginning. I am looking forward to the next season. Can't wait!
  58. SteveS
    Aug 17, 2007
    It's the best super-hero show they've done.
  59. HaydenP
    Jul 24, 2007
    It's so good i'm in it
  60. ColdH
    Jul 20, 2007
    Incredible show... Nothing else to say...
  61. DavidK
    Jul 16, 2007
    10/10 whats more to say its amazing
  62. Daniel
    Jun 26, 2007
    it's a great show
  63. AL.
    Jun 7, 2007
    Absolutely thrilling to watch and excellent!
  64. ChristpM.
    May 29, 2007
    This is the most exciting and not at all boring show ever. I've watched up to episode 22 and was exhilarated the whole way. GREAT SHOW!!!!!
  65. BenM
    May 22, 2007
    I cannot believe I actually sat through an entire season of this show. The dialogue and acting was so painfully bad that I nearly walked out on the finale only to realize that I already wasted 20 hours of my life and then deciding that there was no harm in losing another 40 minutes. Poor character development, special effects lifted from the annals of a C movie showing on the Sci-fi I cannot believe I actually sat through an entire season of this show. The dialogue and acting was so painfully bad that I nearly walked out on the finale only to realize that I already wasted 20 hours of my life and then deciding that there was no harm in losing another 40 minutes. Poor character development, special effects lifted from the annals of a C movie showing on the Sci-fi channel at 2:00 AM, and many unsatisfying plot aspects that were introduced and then never addressed by the writers. The only redeeming qualities I can come up for the series are Sylar's make-up (hilarious, he looks like dipped his face in powdered sugar), the green screen background scenery (a weather person's back drop is more convincing), and the sword fight between Hiro and his father that looks like a scene lifted from my neighbor's basement when I was 7 years old. The only things missing were plastic baseball bats in place of their Samuri swords. I honestly do not know what to say to anyone who likes this show when they are sober... Expand
  66. FriaD
    May 22, 2007
    I love this show so much!!!!!! It's suspenseful, creepy, wonderfully written, with enough humor to keep all audiences entertained. Hiro's happy-go-luckiness is such a contrast from the rest of the show. I love all of the sci-fi aspects and references to other sci-fi shows/movies/comics. I especially liked Stan Lee's guest star role. All in all, a wonderful show.
  67. JustinB
    May 8, 2007
    The writers of this show always do their homework. Every intricate detail in the show is premeditated to avoid questioning, and if a blank does happen to need filling, expect the answer in the following weeks episode. The show's storyline is similar to the Tarantino popularized version of a story: jumping from one character to the next, at different points in time in the story, and The writers of this show always do their homework. Every intricate detail in the show is premeditated to avoid questioning, and if a blank does happen to need filling, expect the answer in the following weeks episode. The show's storyline is similar to the Tarantino popularized version of a story: jumping from one character to the next, at different points in time in the story, and showing each characters connection with the other directly and indirectly. Expand
  68. TRiopka
    May 1, 2007
    Better MUSIC would make this show a classic. I don't know how often background music is neglected, resulting in an inferior production. The most recent future episode would have been MUCH more dramatic with the right background tempo and/or music. Instead, we had mostly silence with the occasional dramatic beating sound. Peter (Milo's) acting is great, but there was not enough Better MUSIC would make this show a classic. I don't know how often background music is neglected, resulting in an inferior production. The most recent future episode would have been MUCH more dramatic with the right background tempo and/or music. Instead, we had mostly silence with the occasional dramatic beating sound. Peter (Milo's) acting is great, but there was not enough to back him up! When will these execs get it? (The first several Star Trek movies completely missed the boat on the music aspect which the old series had down pat) Expand
  69. battosaiiiii
    Apr 28, 2007
    Simply excellent.
  70. wesr
    Apr 23, 2007
    boring. someone needs to teach these writers how to pace a show. instead of telling the story of one character per episode, they try to jump around and juggle the stories of about 10 characters each episode. the result: by the end you've spent about 5 minutes on each character and the story as a whole has progressed very little. throw in some terrible lines and mediocre acting, and boring. someone needs to teach these writers how to pace a show. instead of telling the story of one character per episode, they try to jump around and juggle the stories of about 10 characters each episode. the result: by the end you've spent about 5 minutes on each character and the story as a whole has progressed very little. throw in some terrible lines and mediocre acting, and this show's not worth anybody's time. yeah, it's popular now, but that just proves that the general public has really bad taste. Expand
  71. PinoyA
    Apr 22, 2007
    This show is amazing. This is not the kind of repetitive show where superheroes constantly meets a new super enemy for every episode. Instead every episode leads to suspense after another that answers questions after another. This show is a thriller, mix comedy, mix drama, mix everything else. Every episode depends on each other that eventually leads to a surprising ending. The pluses in This show is amazing. This is not the kind of repetitive show where superheroes constantly meets a new super enemy for every episode. Instead every episode leads to suspense after another that answers questions after another. This show is a thriller, mix comedy, mix drama, mix everything else. Every episode depends on each other that eventually leads to a surprising ending. The pluses in the show are: not bad acting, interracial actors and actresses, unique powers (someone had compared the powers to X-Men which is not true at all; the powers each character has has a purpose into this complex, solid, well-thought story line). The graphics are simple but flawless. I've stopped watching superhero shows since I was a teen, but watching this show is different. It's not repetitive like the other superhero shows. Expand
  72. KuyaP
    Apr 22, 2007
    When I first heard of the title Heroes I had thought it to be similar to knock and bash bad new super enemies one after another kind of show. The show's twists and turns that leads to a larger plot obviously provides a more compelling reason to watch it in that it is a show in which the creators definitely had put a lot of thought into making this show. I like the interracial aspect When I first heard of the title Heroes I had thought it to be similar to knock and bash bad new super enemies one after another kind of show. The show's twists and turns that leads to a larger plot obviously provides a more compelling reason to watch it in that it is a show in which the creators definitely had put a lot of thought into making this show. I like the interracial aspect of the show also which is a plus. Also, the acting is not bad at all. The story line is addicting, and the whole show is solid, concise, and non-repetitive. There's a reason to watch every episode, and every episode makes a whole; missing one throws everything out of perspective. I've stayed away from super heroe shows ever since I was 16 because they become very repetitive and boring. This show is a super hero kind of show that appeals to kids and more mature young adults as well because it mixes a solid story line as well as the appeal of "super heroes." Expand
  73. GaryB
    Apr 19, 2007
    This is a pretty good, enjoyable serial drama. The FX are topnotch as far as tv goes. The problem is that every episode there is an average of 3.5 poop jokes (yes, i counted and averaged them). This number seems exceedingly high for this type of show, especially when these are the only types of jokes ever on there. Pretty good once you get past that caveat though.
  74. HihuPot
    Mar 24, 2007
    Best. Show. Ever.
  75. NeilB.
    Mar 1, 2007
    I love this show, but of late it seems they weren't prepared to be picked up for the season...The writing has become a little soap-opera. Not much takes place per eposide. I know it has high ratings and I'll continue to watch, but c'mon, do we need 8 min. of commercials at every break...???? And, there are so many characters with stories interwoven, just make the show two-hours...
  76. EricC
    Mar 1, 2007
    Please, don't get caught up in this trend of secretive reality-bending soap operas that create more mysteries than they can answer. I got in to Lost when it was big and recently realized how ridiculous it reallly was. This is the same, only with terrible acting and dialogue that's unforgivable. Oh, man, the dialogue. Porn writers could have written better talk scenes than this. Please, don't get caught up in this trend of secretive reality-bending soap operas that create more mysteries than they can answer. I got in to Lost when it was big and recently realized how ridiculous it reallly was. This is the same, only with terrible acting and dialogue that's unforgivable. Oh, man, the dialogue. Porn writers could have written better talk scenes than this. And don't use the whole super hero thing as a reason to watch. I can safely call myself a nerd, and I think it's ridiculous. Go turn on some cartoons, you'll find better heroes. I'd rate this show a 4 if they promised to stop talking, but I'm not expecting that. God, the dialogue!!! Make it stop!!! Expand
  77. johnl
    Feb 15, 2007
    sweet
  78. mmgood
    Feb 15, 2007
    The show is excellent overall, but I've found the most recent episodes are just addiong more plot lines without resolving any previous ones. If the trend continues, I expect viewship to drop.
  79. TonyT
    Feb 14, 2007
    What a terrific show. The writing is brilliant, even though I have trouble figuring out some of the action. The only thing better on TV is 24.
  80. PaulR
    Feb 8, 2007
    What a remarkable show. The only reason I didn't give it 10 was the fact that in the rare event a quesion is answered, it just raises another 3 questions which we have to wait for an answer for... but what a show!
  81. jamest
    Feb 6, 2007
    I have been waiting for a show like hereos to hit television for a long time, it's up there with lost!
  82. amandae.
    Feb 5, 2007
    amazing! i am hooked. i think the finale of this show should be a movie in a theater--like x-men. tv is not a big enough medium for where this show seems to be going ultimately. i actually never watch TV and i've been buying the episodes on i-tunes, that's how awesome this show is.
  83. ZachF
    Jan 25, 2007
    Awesome show, end of story.
  84. GBJeff
    Jan 23, 2007
    A but slow sometimes but interesting. I really look forward to this show.
  85. HugesMix
    Jan 17, 2007
    Best series I never see
  86. TylerH
    Dec 27, 2006
    I began watching this show because I'm a fan of Noah Gray-Cabey, and I've been following the development of his career. I Love this show, and most of the actors that I recognize from other shows and movies. Adrian Pasdar, Milo Ventimiglia, and Ali Larter, these actors are terrific, but Noah ROCKS! GO MICAH! This is a totally awesome show!
  87. IanA
    Dec 14, 2006
    I think the characters are awesome and visually it's one of the most solid shows out there right now. The music is great as well. The only thing that annoys the heck out of me is the narration, especially the guy at the end who is always talking about "The cheerleader is blah blah but the power of EVIL is close at hand" and I think the show is much more complicated than that old OH I think the characters are awesome and visually it's one of the most solid shows out there right now. The music is great as well. The only thing that annoys the heck out of me is the narration, especially the guy at the end who is always talking about "The cheerleader is blah blah but the power of EVIL is close at hand" and I think the show is much more complicated than that old OH No Evil type stuff. Expand
  88. JacobF
    Dec 12, 2006
    By far the best new show on television. It makes me smile to come back to these sites and see how people bashed it. It was the first to be picked up for a full season and I have no doubt it will be the first to be picked up for a second season. Congratulations Heroes! Let the awesome stories keep coming.
  89. aldo
    Dec 10, 2006
    is great thats all i have to say
  90. AngelC
    Dec 9, 2006
    New Favorite show
  91. MikeT
    Dec 7, 2006
    While the premise is not original. The cast pulls out the stops to execute a beautiful show.
  92. michaelg
    Dec 4, 2006
    Best new show on TV. Can't wait until Monday night to see what is happening next. As good as 24.
  93. Briankk
    Dec 4, 2006
    Great show! Always leaves you longing for the next new twist. Keeps you guessing who is good and bad or both. Great writing! Story and presentaion!
  94. JoshuaF
    Dec 3, 2006
    This show is great fun. With so many characters, the show does a good job of developing them. There are no "flat" characters. I haven't come upon a character that I like or dislike all the time. There aren't any completely "bad" guys or "good" guys.
  95. EliC
    Nov 30, 2006
    Terrific acting but don't think too deeply about the show's logic. This show will unfortunately go nowhere as the writers continue to put themselves into a implausible plot hole. Hint; Hiro's ability to manipulate space/time negates the entire premise of the series.
  96. SorryNospam
    Nov 30, 2006
    Excellent Character Development. Good development of overall universal mythology.
  97. HedyF
    Nov 27, 2006
    This is the best new show of the season. My older kids enjoy it as much as I do. I won't miss an episode!!
  98. JasonN
    Nov 27, 2006
    Plays on the beginnings of superpowers instead of spending all of the time on crash 'em up special effects and "fighting the bad guys."
  99. RobY
    Nov 10, 2006
    Are you kidding me? This show is great..! Unabashed superhero fun! What would you do with your superpowers? I agree...best new show on TV.
  100. ErikaDC
    Nov 4, 2006
    Great ! ! !

The show is too diffuse, hokey and self-consciously portentous to suggest suspenseful possibility.
  2. Reviewed by: James Poniewozik
    The writing is uneven... but the idea is audacious enough to keep you following the loose threads.
  3. "Heroes" is one of TV's most imaginative creations and might, with luck, become this year's "Lost."