• Network: TV LAND
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 5, 6
6.5

1. mikea
    Jun 17, 2010
    I loved Betty White and the ladies! The show was funny and cute and is a nice departure from "reality" TV.
  2. RalphH
  5. brentl
    Jun 18, 2010
    Wow just amazing show!
  6. May 29, 2011
    I love this show!!!!!!! the people who wrote negative comments probably watch way too much jersey shore and glee. I LOVE THE ACTING, THE WRITING, AND ALSO THE PEOPLE. THIS SHOW IS AMAZING AND I WILL WATCH THE NEW EPISODES ON JUNE 15!!!!!
  7. Sep 2, 2011
    I love that show! Every single episode is really funny and amazing!
  8. May 17, 2012
    I started watching all the Hot in Cleveland episodes a few weeks ago. I'd seen it before, but thought nothing of it. Now, I'm hooked. The characters are very interesting and very funny. It's one of the best shows i'm watching right now. It's strange that a 16 year old male would be interested in a show of menopausal woman who act like hookers, but I do indeed find the show clever and very funny.
  9. Nov 29, 2011
    Enjoyed watching Betty White on Golden Girls and still enjoy the reruns every night but now she looks like a washed up pro athlete who doesn't know when to stop playing. She should have left while on top and would have been remembered for her great shows instead of this dud.
  10. Feb 9, 2012
    Amazing show! I love Wendie Malick (Victoria Chase) , Betty White (Elka Ostrovsky) and Jane Leeves (Joy Scroggs)! Every single episode is really funny and amazing!
  11. Jul 26, 2013
    This is my wife's favorite show. I have grown to like it also. It is silly but fun. Betty White is a blast and it is good to see some of our favorites like Tim Conway and Carol Burnett.
  12. jjs
    Jun 17, 2010
    Thought it was cute and funny. A nice relief from the deluge of reality TV. Ill definitely be back next week!
  13. LindaP
    Jun 17, 2010
    My husband and I loved this show. Great cast, and funny lines. Betty White is terrific as the cranky caretaker. Valerie Bertinelli, Wendy Malick, and Jane Leeves have great chemistry.
  14. MichelleD.
    Jun 17, 2010
    I enjoyed this comedy. All 4 actresses have great timing and the lines were good. It had some great memorable lines and moments so I will definitely add this to my series recordings.
  15. Jun 11, 2011
    This is old new comedy. It is brilliantly acted and Betty White is 89 and still going strong. I have never connected with characters on a T.V. show quicker than I have with these characters. Brilliant show.
  16. judyj
    Jun 17, 2010
    It has a good cast, and I believe it will get better and smoother with time.
  17. Sep 2, 2010
    I'm digging on this show. It's good innocent fun. Love the actresses. I'm hoping it doesn't get cancelled. I'm sick and tired of all the reality TV shows out there. I choose to unwind to TV because I want to laugh, if I wanted reality I'd keep the TV off. In a media saturated with unfunny, this show provides some funny. Makes me smile and laugh.
  18. Feb 1, 2011
    Betty White, at 89, has lost a little of her comedic timing, but is still the gem of this sitcom and delivers the funniest lines each week. Wendy Malick is, well, Wendy, yet again, but works here. Valerie is, well, Valerie again, but works here. The surprise is Jane Leeves....a far cry from her Daphne fame on "Frasier". With all the character predictability, this sitcom stillBetty White, at 89, has lost a little of her comedic timing, but is still the gem of this sitcom and delivers the funniest lines each week. Wendy Malick is, well, Wendy, yet again, but works here. Valerie is, well, Valerie again, but works here. The surprise is Jane Leeves....a far cry from her Daphne fame on "Frasier". With all the character predictability, this sitcom still works...and works well. It seems the chemistry has a lot to do with that. Expand
  19. Aug 15, 2010
    A witty, funny middle aged woman comedy. Four different women are at four different stages in their lives. Betty White brings comic relief to this cast. Valerie Bertinelli's neuroticism falls somewhere between painfully annoying and endearing. The chick with the British accent is almost dismissable, and the soap opera actress and her over the top acting bring laughs.
  20. Jun 24, 2011
    On network TV, this show would never survive. It's entirely too "old school" in its approach to characters and plot, with a very deliberate setup --> punchline --> repeat format to its jokes. Characters ham up their performances, and the use of laughter from a live studio audience becomes a little over-the-top at times.

But you know what? On TV Land, it absolutely works, and I look

But you know what? On TV Land, it absolutely works, and I look forward to watching this show week after week. Betty White may have lost a touch of her comedic timing over the years, but she's still able to keep up and steal just about any scene she's in. White, Valerie Bertinelli, Jane Leeves and Wendy Malick clearly adore and respect each other, and they act like they have a blast working on a comedy that relishes in its old school sensibilities. Some episodes are a little weaker than others, but a recent episode where the characters (in a very contrived circumstance, as is the norm for this type of sitcom) had to fake British and American (in Leeves' case) accents had me giggling in uncontrollable fits. If you have any love at all for the sitcoms of the 70s and early 80s, when laugh tracks, the occasional physical comedy and live studio audiences were the norm and not the exception, then this show might be worth a watch!
  21. Feb 6, 2011
    Some of the jokes do fall flat, especially for the younger veiwers, but the amount of fun the actors and actresses are having makes this a nice escape from shallow, well, shallower reality tv on right now. It is a nice appetizer, and worth a casual look.

Hot in Cleveland is formulaic, but has tremendous good will on its side.
  2. Reviewed by: Ken Tucker
    Add Betty White, good as the wisecracking caretaker of a house Bertinelli leases, and you've got a 1980s sitcom transplanted to 2012, which I don't intend as a recommendation.
  3. If the premise is somewhat forced, it sets up a situation with enough comic potential to sustain Hot in Cleveland indefinitely.