House : Season 5

• Series Premiere Date: Nov 16, 2004
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
8.5

1. Jun 18, 2011
    Dr. Lisa Cuddy is no doubts one the 2nd best character of the series.
    The actress really knows how to delivers the tensions and emotions she's living.
    Dr. Lisa Cuddy is no doubts one the 2nd best character of the series.
    Some episodes are more centered in Dr. Cuddy and I have to say those are very emotionally charged. On season 2 when she tries to save a baby, then when she tries to get one and on season 6 there is a particular episode about her stressful life and the end of that episode is really a cry of glory. My favorite season is nr.4 but indeed season 5 has great moments like in "joy to the world".
    The end is also very good on this season but if you see the previous you'll understand it better.
    Have a great time!
  2. Feb 15, 2015
    It starts and finishes strong, but that doesn't feel like enough to make up for this season's unforgivably bad second act. Part of the blame for this falls upon a forced plot piece. Part of it is a bit more complicated. The quality of the patients of the week has been in decline since season 3, but it was forgivable thanks to the writers handing us interesting plot pieces (the cop inIt starts and finishes strong, but that doesn't feel like enough to make up for this season's unforgivably bad second act. Part of the blame for this falls upon a forced plot piece. Part of it is a bit more complicated. The quality of the patients of the week has been in decline since season 3, but it was forgivable thanks to the writers handing us interesting plot pieces (the cop in season 3, the search for a new team in season 4) and the fact that characters were still very well done. Here, the show is simply running out of good aspects. The titular character begins to feel more pathetic than intriguing. The new team is basically guilty of the same offense. My advice: jump ship before you even get here. Expand
  3. Jan 17, 2011
    This show is truly always interesting and witty, and often brilliant. Hugh Laurie has created such a captivating persona its's extremely peculiar to watch Blackadder now
  4. YasuoO
    Jan 5, 2010
    My favorite series.I've become interested in medical science.
  5. MaxG.
    Feb 11, 2009
    House is my favorite show. I haven't watched every single episode in order yet, but I have seen almost every episode. I just saw the Season Finale of Season 2 and it was awesome!
  6. GraceV.
    Jul 6, 2009
    Great show, good writing. Gets a bit repetitive and/or predictable at times but the writers always manage to switch it up. The characters are lovable (well, most of them) and the story lines interesting and gripping.
  7. JonB.
    Dec 8, 2008
    This season took a real twist at the beginning, but kept on track. It takes good writing and direction to keep audiences engulfed even when major characters leave the show, but later reappear.
  8. EmilyF.
    Sep 17, 2008
    The episode was great, but the new cast just isn't doing it for me--they're trying too hard. I miss the days with Cameron, Chase, and Foreman interacting with House. That combination was perfect; why did they feel the need to mess with it?
  9. JohnC.
    Sep 30, 2008
    Truly great television show. Narrative (s) are almost always compelling, while the continuing story of House with his misanthropy, depression and repressed goodness, which manifests itself in his relation with Wilson and sometimes his patients, makes for an episodic show that hold the viewer's attention from week to week. Most of the best shows are when he is baffled by the Truly great television show. Narrative (s) are almost always compelling, while the continuing story of House with his misanthropy, depression and repressed goodness, which manifests itself in his relation with Wilson and sometimes his patients, makes for an episodic show that hold the viewer's attention from week to week. Most of the best shows are when he is baffled by the philosophy of a patient, but at the same time is attracted and intrigued by a patient who gets him to question his depressing view of life. Although not discussed--for reasons I don't understand, a problem with the writing and producers of the showd--there is no discussion of House's serious psychiatric conditions, manic depressive, narcissistic and fragmented self or rather a failure to establish a self. He relates to his misery and fails to try to form a relationship with God (ala Kierkegaard). Ironic that producers of the show explore many physical illnesses, but only touch on the mental illness related to substance abuse--inconsistent and underdeveloped plot/character/theme (s). Laurie is nothing short of brilliant, as is Leonard (Wislon). The guest stars are usually very good and so is Houses' boss. The three new members of Houses "team." are good, better than the other three. Negatives: Cameron and Chase should be completely dropped from the show--their characters are ready to move on. Foreman should also go, but other people can reasonably disagree with me on Foreman. The new character is good and House wit ha private detective is deliciously apposite. On one hand, the detective correlates with the detective work House does with his patients. On the other, the detective, not being a medical person, allows House a relationship where House's medical expertise doesn't dominate everyone else. The actor playing the detective is very good. His sense of humor and refusal to be run over by House makes for a good narrative, which seems real because of Houses' obvious lack of comfort when he around him. All in all, this is one of the finest shows ever to be on television (or movies for that matter), The perceptive viewer can learn "life lessons," while those viewers merely looking for top notch entertainment are rewarded. Finally, like the three other great shows on television--The Wonder Years, The Honeymooners and Columbo--House, the t.v. show, offers a unique perspective on life, with great stories, fantastic acting and themes expressed on multiple levels that appeal to a diverse audience. Expand
  10. MichaelE.
    Jan 19, 2009
    This season has absolutely hit the ground running with all-around excellent episodes. Love this show.
  11. DreH.
    Jun 25, 2009
    Great show with a ridiculous story and predictable plot. I think, in general, most people love the character interactions.
  12. ricardog.
    Jul 16, 2009
    Very good series.
  13. HubertW.
    Jul 3, 2009
    Circling the Soap Opera drain.
  14. SteveS
    Aug 28, 2009
    Sometimes repetitive, but flawless in every other aspect. Highly recommended.
  15. ErikV
    Aug 29, 2009
    The best medical TV series out there. If you love sarcasm, this is for you.
  16. JamesW.
    Nov 21, 2008
    Even though we're in the 5th Season, the ingredients of humor, drama and suspense are still there.

The actor’s embodiment of seemingly counterintuitive emotions is riveting, as House’s placidity demonstrates sorrow, while anger represents a kind of giddy id. Even if House isn’t offering new stories or themes, it remains a terrific showcase for a terrific performer.
    Some of House's callousness is an act, and sometimes the show lets the act go too far. But one of the series' primary strengths is the way the writers and the star keep us guessing as to where that act ends and reality begins.
  3. Lucas' interactions with House are far funnier than any previous pairing of House with a recurring guest star. On the minus side, it's a role so aware of its own quirks that Lucas might wind up being a polarizing figure....As for the returning characters, the mix still isn't right.